Darksiders: Wrath of War

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: skp7_13

Developer: Vigil Games
Publisher: THQ
Designers: Haydn Dalton (lead designer), Joe Madureira (creative director)
Release date: Jan 5, 2010
Genre: Action-adventure role-playing game

The player plays as War, one of the four legendary Horsemen of the apocalypse; the apocalypse has just taken place prematurely, and the world destroyed, and War finds himself tasked to find out who was behind this; caught in a battle between angels and demons, he has lost much of his power, and must find out where the other horsemen are, and who misled them into starting the final battle.

Darksiders is primarily a combat action game, with weapons such as giant swords and miniguns available. War also regains his powers throughout the game, and has his own mount, a horse called Ruin.

The powers and horse which War must regain play an important role in the game as they enable him to access areas of the world which would otherwise be closed to him. A wrath meter similar to the musuo gauge in the Dynasty Warriors series fills up as War fights and gives access to powered-up and special moves.

Action takes place both underground where puzzles play a large role, and above ground in which free roaming is allowed.
:smiley: :agree: :clap:

Early impressions have led journalists to compare the game to God of War and Devil May Cry due to its strong combination of combo based sword combat and guns, designer Joe Madureira has likened it to The Legend of Zelda series.

Last edited by skp_16 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
claymore_1724
Arc the Lad
Arc the Lad
PSN ID: claymore_1708

Astig nito...hopefully :smiley:
PSN ID - claymore_1708
rohz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: therohz

mukhang okay! ...yung pics.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

<(_)> You have earned a trophy.
_/ _\_ Resurrection

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
micha3l_a
Rapid Reload
Rapid Reload
PSN ID: micha3l_a

astig! ang ganda... ng pics :agree: hopefully this turns out well
PSN ID: micha3l_a
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Sana magkaron na ng trailer nitong game. :smiley:
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

THQ? Hmmm...
:bigmouth:
rohz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^ I know what you mean
I'm afraid it might be another mindless hack and slash game...

_/ _\_ Resurrection

skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

rohz wrote:^ I know what you mean
Parang God of War and DMC nga. :bigmouth:
pagey1120
Cosmic Race
Cosmic Race
PSN ID: pagey1120

That's a bigass sword :o
rohz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

skp_16 wrote:
rohz wrote:^ I know what you mean
I said mindless hack and slash, not cinematic hack and slash... :bigmouth:

_/ _\_ Resurrection

skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

rohz wrote:
I said mindless hack and slash, not cinematic hack and slash... :bigmouth:[/quote]

The 2 games I mentioned are mindless hack and slash during gameplay. :bigmouth:
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Gameplay footage
rohz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Para ngang God of War... 2. :bigmouth:

_/ _\_ Resurrection

Moonlite
Cosmic Race
Cosmic Race
PSN ID: Aucipher

reminds me of a ps2 game made by capcom.. limot ko title... sana di ganun ka boring...
kit_mac
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: kit_mac

watched gameplay footage.. looks solid. his horse is also a weapon.. cool.. but i really don't like over bulky characters that much, in this one WAR looks really big but from gameplay footage he's agile and acrobatic.. :sigh: oh well, sana astig na lang talaga. DMC + GOW. :smiley:
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/thisiskitmac
PS4 gamer. Anime Fanatic.

PSN ID: kit_mac

PS3 Games Collection
http://pinoyps.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t ... 2#p2136142
hiddenleaf
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

looks repetitive yung gameplay
**********CERTIFIED**********
..:♥(,`*•.¸( `*•.¸¸.•*´ )¸.•*´,)♥:..
...:♥`•.*:+:,:=XBOT=:,:+:*.•´♥:....
..:♥(,¸.•*´( ¸.•*´`*•.¸ )`*•.¸',)♥:..
JMWCOE
Arc the Lad
Arc the Lad
PSN ID: BlitzKaizzen

Sana nga..
PSN: BLITZKaizzen
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Xanshi

Darksiders Preview: The War of God

I first saw Darksiders a year ago in the events leading up to E3 2008. At the time the game didn't impress me.

Darksiders: Wrath of War seemed an amalgam of action titles painted with such broad strokes that it rendered the game undeniably generic.

But what I saw this year of the game, renamed to just Darksiders, had enough polish, enough tweaks to help better define it as it's own game and make me want to play through it.

What Is It?
A third-person action game developed by Vigil Games and inspired by the apocalypse, not the Schwarzenegger sort of apocalypse, but the bible sort. You play as War, one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse, trying to find out how the end times rolled out early and caught in the middle of the battle between heaven and hell taking place a hundred years after things turned ugly.

What We Saw
I played for about 15 minutes in a section well into the game.

How Far Along Is It?
The game is due out this fall for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.

What Should Change?
Identity Crisis: From what I saw of Darksiders, the game isn't quite as role-playing heavy as the developers would lead us to believe. They call it a Zelda for adults, but what I've seen of it so far makes me think it's more an action game with some leveling up. The developers either need to start showing off the RPG element or get comfortable with the notion that they have a solid action game on their hands.

Roaming: Open worlds are great and all, but not when you're left wondering what you need to do next to move the plot forward. I eventually figured it out, but not before roaming around a collapsing city of dead ends.

Wrath's Hair: Seriously, that's Wrath's haircut. No wonder he's so angry. Couldn't he at least tuck it into his hood?

What Should Stay The Same?
Puzzling Bosses: When you're playing a game so reliant on button-mashing and combos it's nice to be occasionally confronted with an opposing enemy that requires a bit of thought to be taken down. And every boss fight, I'm told, will have some puzzle elements.

Role-Playing Elements: They're slight, but I do like what RPG elements I did see in the game like leveling up, a bit of exploration and the spell casting of sorts.

Aesthetic: The first time I saw Darksiders it did little, visually, to set itself apart. It seems the game has been tweaked, the visuals molded, to give the game a much more distinct look this time around. Now the game feels more like it's own game and less like God of War set in the apocalypse.

Stunning Sets: One of the things that Darksiders has going for it is the biblical, end-of-world backdrop for the game, and the developers seem to be taking full advantage of that. The level I played in was set in a decimated city, one filled with roaming souls and demons. More interesting, though arethe ways in which creatures are built into the fabric of the game. It's amazing to see a gateway unfold itself and rise up from a building to become a stone golem. Hopefully, the game has more of these moments and creatures.

Final Thoughts
Darksiders has come a long way since it was first announced, fortunately all for the better. The game's development has aged well, moving toward something a bit more unique, a bit more subtle than a clone of God of War. It is most certainly it's own game now, but with a new God of War looming and the likes of Bayonetta and Dante's Inferno coming, the field has suddenly gotten very crowded.

http://kotaku.com/5260955/darksiders-pr ... war-of-god
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Gundam Extreme Vs and The Witcher 2

PSN ID: Xanshi
"A mild manner Accountant by day, A Gamer by night"
rohz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

_/ _\_ Resurrection

doy
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: doy626

i want this game to be good...astig kasi yung concept eh...pero i doubt... :facepalm:
PSN ID: doy_07

Experience Chewy:
Trinoma (2nd Level)
Greenbelt 3 (3rd Level)
SM Cebu (3rd Level)