PlayStation 4 Pro

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?

Will you buy a PS4K at launch?

Yes, Day 1
21%
Yes, but not day 1, I might get when it becomes cheaper
28%
Yes, but when I get a better TV
12%
No, i still have a PS4
26%
Nah, ps4pro what?!
2%
No, i'd rather wait for PS5
12%

Total votes: 43
xgh0st12x
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

z3kEn wrote:Worry ko lang yung competition neto sa scorpio..
Parang kampante ang xbox nun inannounce yung pro eh lol.. Parang tinawanan lang nila, now pagasa nalang talaga ng sony is yung games.. More games!
What reason is there to worry though?

The more these console makers try to outdo each other, the better it is for us consumers, right?
PSN ID (PS4): Gh0st0fSparta12 XBL GT (XB1): xgh0st12x NNID (WiiU): xgh0st12x
Pamilya, trabaho, ehersisyo, home tyeter, bidjo geyms. Copy paste hanggang kamatayan.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^ he's of course worrying as a playstation fan. Nothing wrong with that.
xgh0st12x
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Aaahhhh... Shouldve figured.
Guess i was talking as a console fan then. :)
PSN ID (PS4): Gh0st0fSparta12 XBL GT (XB1): xgh0st12x NNID (WiiU): xgh0st12x
Pamilya, trabaho, ehersisyo, home tyeter, bidjo geyms. Copy paste hanggang kamatayan.
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...ako din 1 console at a time din ako, pero pref ko sony consoles. Kahit gaano pa kalakas yung scorpio di ko parin trip.
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Snakemaru

40" TCL 4K TV with free digital camera at SM Appliance = 21K pesos.

TCL is china-brand. Mas mura yun sa HiSense kaso china-brand din.

Worth it ba kumuha ng PS4 Pro kung hindi naman ako kukuha ng 4K TV (sa ngayon) at PSVR? Or enough na ang PS4 slim?
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Sn@kemaru wrote:40" TCL 4K TV with free digital camera at SM Appliance = 21K pesos.

TCL is china-brand. Mas mura yun sa HiSense kaso china-brand din.

Worth it ba kumuha ng PS4 Pro kung hindi naman ako kukuha ng 4K TV (sa ngayon) at PSVR? Or enough na ang PS4 slim?
If wala ka pang PS4, mag Pro ka na, maliit lang naman dagdag mo, you get 1 TB hard drive, and there are benefits even for non-4k Tvs.

Alam ko okay naman TCL, pero may mga samsung na mura na na 4k smart tv eh. Yung bili ko sa akin nung May na cheapo samsung 4k smart TV na 40 inch 23k lang eh.
sic001
Twisted Metal
Twisted Metal
PSN ID: kenet_jose

PHP17,300 daw yung 500GB PS4 Slim paglabas dito and Pro will be PHP22,900. LAki patong :roll: Pero baka sa Sony stores yung price, Baka, sana, mas mura sa DB

Can anyone help me? I'm thinking of getting a Pro or a Slim pero wala na yung AV Multi out?? Current set-up ko kasi sa PS3 is HDMI to computer monitor tapos yung audio, AV cable to speakers. Meron bang may same set-up sa mga current PS4 (classic) owners?
PSN (US): kenet_jose
PSN (SG): kenjose
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^payo ko sa inyo sa pasko na kayo tumiming ng bili baka sakaling magka price drop, by that time magmumura na rin yung mga games na gusto nyo bilhin. BER months naman na, malapit lapit na rin ang pasko. Ganun nangyari sa kin nung nagpabili ako ng PS4 last year, mababa na yung console price pati ibang games.

As for the setup, I would imagine it would be the same - direkta from the tv to external speakers. :sweat: Not really sure, just making a wild guess here kasi more on headphones ako thru the controller. :mrgreen:
**** ****!
sic001
Twisted Metal
Twisted Metal

grayfox17 wrote:As for the setup, I would imagine it would be the same - direkta from the tv to external speakers. :sweat: Not really sure, just making a wild guess here kasi more on headphones ako thru the controller. :mrgreen:
Bulok ang speaker sa monitor ko eh, tunog lata. Kaya may separate na speaker ako. Now that you mention it, pwede ko kaya isaksak yung 3.5mm sa controller para lumabas yung sound sa speaker?
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^pwede naman pero that would be an awkward setup lalo pa kung malayo yung distansya ng speakers mo, pero kung malapit lang like nasa same table along with the console then pwede pa siguro. You just simply have to set the output to headphones to "All audio" to do that. Ako kasi I never really use my controllers wirelessly, naka plug lang diretso sa console para naka charge na rin habang ginagamit. This is using the normal PS4 nga pala so hindi ko sure if the same thing will apply to the slim/pro.

Eto na-google ko lang para makita mo:

**** ****!
sic001
Twisted Metal
Twisted Metal

^ Dun ako naglalaro sa desktop monitor namin so within reach naman sa speaker jack. Thanks a lot sir.

Same price yung PS4 Classic and PS4 Pro at $399, so does than mean PHP17,499 din sa Datablitz pag labas dito? I sure hope so, or kahit around that price :pray:
kobemvp24
Double Dragon
Double Dragon
PSN ID: kobemvp024

Sony Executive Denies that the PS4 Pro Reveal Is a Reaction to Competition from Microsoft

Ito-san mentioned that the concept of a console with higher specs was devised early in the PS4 development. The PS4 Pro itself actually entered the active development phase in 2014. He also clarified that there was no reaction to the competition: the PS4 Pro is exactly what Sony originally planned.

source: http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/09/10/ ... microsoft/
PS4 ASIAN 2TB
PSVITA 16GB
PS3 SUPER SLIM 500GB
N3DSXL M4HU LE

currently playing:

PS4 - FFVII HD, Digimon Story Cybersleuth
PS3 - Trails of Cold Steel, Lost Dimension
PSV - Tales of Heart R, Persona $ Golden
3DS - Xenoblade HD
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: crazy4cajun

So intention din talaga ng Sony na gatasan ang consumers? Lolz!

Makes me wonder, may next upgrade kaya? One that will be on par with xbox scorpio?
PSN ID: crazy4cajun

"Bad things don't happen TO you. Bad things happen FOR you."
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

...baka sa tgs, kelan ba yun?
Currently Playing:
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Crazycajun wrote:So intention din talaga ng Sony na gatasan ang consumers? Lolz!

Makes me wonder, may next upgrade kaya? One that will be on par with xbox scorpio?
Sony, a private company, that's publicly traded, wants to make money from consumers? How dare they :lol:

They've stated that the pro will be the only revision for a considerable amount of time (not sure what that means) - but I'm not banking on them launching another one of these mig gen refreshes after the pro. But I bet a 'pro slim' version with the same specs + ultra hd blu ray support is not out of the question, but that should come in about two more years or so.
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

...pag naging maganda support sa scorpio tingnan ko lang kung di nila kainin mga sinabi nila, actually lahat naman silang tatlo ganun. :sweat:
Currently Playing:
alex042795
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: alex042795

Di ako pabor sa ps4pro nung una. Pero habang tumatagal parang mas trip ko na ito ang bilhin kesa slim :lol:
[RPHS] PSN: alex042795 -PS4/PSV/PS3
XBL: AlexPapaPH
NNID: alexpapaph
Switch FC: 7896-0448-2000

Solid Green and Gold
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Tibarn wrote:...pag naging maganda support sa scorpio tingnan ko lang kung di nila kainin mga sinabi nila, actually lahat naman silang tatlo ganun. :sweat:
The ps4 has a close to 2 to 1 lead worldwide, with both the slim and pro well positioned to remain competitive in the market, what youre suggesting is a reach. I mean, first of all they just announced the ps4 pro and you're suggesting they'd announce another upgrade that would cannibalize the pro. Just thinking about how to market the pro, the slim, and your hypothetical scorpio-matching pro, seems like a nightmare.

When the Scorpio comes out the pro would have been in the market for a year, at a very competitive price. One year later, they'll be in a position to lower that price even more. So I dont think they're too worried.

There will be a next console but it will be the ps5. The only other revision I see happening is a slimmer version of both consoles, or another pro with a UHD player - but with the same power. Other than that, they'd risk alienating their user base and confusing the market even more.

Your hypothetical scenario where they release the next ps4 to match the Scorpio seems pointless especially when we are approaching the latter half of this gen.
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

...wala akong sinabing next ps4, ang sinasabi ko lang pag naging maganda ang kalalabasan ng scorpio sa market, panigaradong tatapatan ng sony yan.
Currently Playing:
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Tibarn wrote:...wala akong sinabing next ps4, ang sinasabi ko lang pag naging maganda ang kalalabasan ng scorpio sa market, panigaradong tatapatan ng sony yan.
Well then not really, because what the Sony will do with the next console (you seem to be suggesting the PS5) won't come out para 'tapatan ang Scorpio', but to be the proper next generational leap - i.e. abandoning support for PS4 - something that the Scorpio isn't meant to do with the Xbox 1.

The time has passed para tapatan scorpio, if Sony would have wanted to match what XB is doing with the Scorpio, they would have delayed the PS4 Pro. The PS5 will most likely launch around late 2018 and 2019 and will be far away superior compared to the Scorpio - and not be meant as something to 'match' what Scorpio does.