Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One)

Do you also play with non-PlayStation devices? Do you enjoy playing as a plumber saving a princess? Or some bald marines? Or maybe you want to play using the touchscreen?
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

Gameplay Trailer
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

The on stage gameplay was meh. It looked really good but it wasnt engaging.

The last thirty secondsa or so of the trailer looked great though. Looking forward to thia game a lot.
Lirgota
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Lirgota

Parang Lara did a dumb thing there. Uy look nice scenery then forget nasa edge pa ng cliff na di nakasecure.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

ganda ng trailer. ganda ng gameplay. medyo hawig ni nathan drake yung kasama niya. pinataba lang. :lol:
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Daniel wrote:ganda ng trailer. ganda ng gameplay. medyo hawig ni nathan drake yung kasama niya. pinataba lang. :lol:
Ayun din naisip ko :lol: Kamukha siya ni donut drake :lol:
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

There's a longer 15 minute demo of this in the internet.

Some good gameplay segments were shown. Looks like aside from uncharted, they've been getting some gameplay systems from the last of us din (quick crafting, the way they handle stealth). The AI didny look too smart, pero baka for demo purposes lang. Will be interesting to see how it all comes together.

Game is looking good though. Can't wait to see more.
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...yung sa ice parang nakita ko na sa uncharted yan ah. hawing nga ni drake yung kasama nya, tapos hawig naman ni lara yung sa last of us. :rofl:
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
gp09
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: shin-ANGELzer0

The snow segments were reminiscent of the sequences in Uncharted 2, yung papasok ng Shambala. Still excited for this game too. I liked the previous TR game. Hope by Q1 2016, we get this on PS, though I doubt they'd release this on PS4 close to Uncharted 4's release

Nunca caminaras solo.
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...baka GOTY edition na ma release sa PS4.
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
Lirgota
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Nice that TressFx is still implemented. Parang mas may gravity yung hair.
z3kEn
Momento Mori

http://www.vg247.com/2015/07/28/tomb-ra ... asnt-easy/

Rise of the Tomb Raider is an Xbox One exclusive. When Square Enix announced this partnership almost a year ago at gamescom 2014, we were told the deal is timed. It wasn’t until very recently that the publisher confirmed the Xbox exclusivity period outright, revealing that it’s one full year.

But why was this decision made in the first place? And did Square Enix expect the fan backlash? Phil Rogers, Square Enix’s western CEO shed more light on how it all went down in a new interview with Examiner.

“I hope fans know that it wasn’t an easy decision,” Rogers said. “I think any sort of partnership at this level is a decision that took a long time for us to get to. The decision at a studio level, we took very, very seriously. We knew it would, in the short-term, disappoint fans.”

According to Rogers, Microsoft’s “passion” and “commitment” to the franchise are a few of the reasons that lead to this deal. Having a great deal of spotlight on the game is another reason, according to Rogers – referring to how exclusive titles get featured heavily in marketing and promotion.

“We’re about growing our IP, this is a long-term decision. We’re going to take Tomb Raider up to the next level,” he added. “With Microsoft’s belief, passion and sort of muscle to help us deliver, we really think this is going to be an awesome game that people will enjoy for years and years to come.”
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

lol growing the IP by being (timed) exclusive
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: crazy4cajun

What I like about this though, is that most probably, We'll get the complete edition na. With all the DLCs and stuff. Hopefully.
PSN ID: crazy4cajun

"Bad things don't happen TO you. Bad things happen FOR you."
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: OinkMcOink

Hopefully. That would appease "disappointed fans."
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Tekken and Final Fantasy grew when it became multiplatform. Tomb Raider is doing it the other way.
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

I don't like the timed exclusive route...mas maiintindihan ko pa kung totoong console exclusive siya like Unchrted but honestly, I think these timed exclusivity things is more crap than anything.
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
Lirgota
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

At least mas maaga sa pc. Tanong is will it be like the Bat Fail game. I remember the Tomb Raider Pc version had problems din at start pero not as bad as Arkham Knight. I know you get the bees knees effects pero consoles parin get the best optimization. Nakakatawa pa the Ps4 version having a nicer looking Lara and TressFX.
z3kEn
Momento Mori

Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

ganda ng gameplay
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Probably the only bad thing that sticks out for me is the lackluster AI, but there's still time to tweak that(it was also one of my main complaints in TR 2013 -- the only times I died was mostly due to the instafail sections like the para-gliding section, or the sliding down the rapids section).

Everything else is looking good. So far the gameplay sections shown have focused more on the stealth aspect of RoTR. It feels closer to TLoU than Uncharted at this point, but I'm hoping that they're just keeping the more adventure type sequences under raps.