SOCOM Confrontation (ColdFront DLC is Out)

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

SOCOM Tips

- Press L2 to voice chat with your team, open mics are for proximity chat, friend or foe
- Customize your controls, press Start in the game
- Enable classic SOCOM camera

http://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/index.php/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... -2008.html

wow, this looks good ^_^

"Tsocom_confrontation.jpghe new SOCOM is coming and this time, there’s no ridiculous subtitles. (I’m looking at you SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 2) What can we actually expect from the new shooter? Well, we’ve been promised 32 player online with clan support, brand new maps (this is my surprised face), 95% destructible environments and customizable weapons like in SOCOM 3.

This game is not being developed by Zipper Interactive, but by Slant Six, who are also developing SOCOM: Tactical Strike for the PSP. The interesting thing about this iteration of the series is that it’s online only. The game will let you create and customize your own character with army gear, while clans will be able to have their own uniform. The game seems like it has the potential to be a lot of fun, but I’m sure it won’t deviate too far from the original formula, just like the previous seven games (without forgetting SOCOM: Mobile Recon, of course), but this isn’t too much of a bad thing considering how much I like the SOCOM series and how well it executes what it sets out to achieve, most of the time. The PS3 could do with a great online shooter and hopefully this will be it.

Looks like it will be available as a download, through PSN, or in a nice shiny box. The game is due to be released on June 15th 2008, so you better get prepared for some up close and personal, or long range and impersonal, shooting action."
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

Jun 15? Holy Kamote!
:bigmouth:
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

yup, [PHI] na!!!!!! customized uniform pa for a clan, nice! ^_^
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

This is bad for me.

2008... MP warz!

Di ko na tuloy alam lalaruin ko online.

MGO vs. Socom vs. Resistance 2 vs. Killzone 2 vs. GT5P vs. Warhawk vs. COD4 (screw PC) vs. LBP

Oh noes!
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

lols its always good to have choices
f0xdye
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: f0xdye_virus

jsnepo wrote:This is bad for me.

2008... MP warz!

MGO vs. Socom vs. Resistance 2 vs. Killzone 2 vs. GT5P vs. Warhawk vs. COD4 (screw PC) vs. LBP

Oh noes!
dude COD4 nalang! di pa kita nakakalaro! sa MGO for sure dun tayo magkikita kita! :-)
PSN ID: f0xdye_virus(US) Titanite-Slab(HK) sleepytwig (US)

Motto: “One platinum at a time”
Platinum to Brag: Mirror's Edge
Last Game Platinum'D: Dark Souls 200%
Now Playing: Skyrim
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

i think this is going to be better than COD4 hehe c'mon 95% destructible environment? lols ang sarap mag rocket launcher into a room lols here's more info

* This new installment of SOCOM will feature brand new maps as well as the map "Crossroads", instead of the larger styled maps of SOCOM 3
* Available on the Playstation Network and in retail stores on a standard Blu-Ray disc
* Weapons will remain customizable much like they were in SOCOM 3: scopes, foregrips, suppressors, bipods, etc
* GameSpot reports that environments in SOCOM: Confrontation will be 95% destructible[citation needed]
* Ultimate 32-player online combat experience featuring stunning high-definition visuals, YO advanced physics, ballistics, impact and destruction modeling
* Rich interactive and destructible environments (i.e. shell casings can bounce off environment and make noise when stepped on or kicked)
* Full support of the SIXAXISâ„¢ wireless controller, offering greater control
* Choice of playing as various International Special Forces
* Advanced voice communication systems
* Detailed audio system will make use of occlusion- if someone is fighting around a corner, you can hear it
* Comprehensive player customization including fully featured load out, encumbrance and unique uniforms
* Up to seven different game modes are available on each map
* An Advanced Party System, players can form a team with their friends and easily join an online game
* Regional combat or challenge teams from around the world
* Additional themed downloadable content packs available post launch(Maps, Skins, and equipment) - Location based packs ( Different countries)
* Choose between classic view or the new over-the-shoulder view(as an option)
* Advanced Player Uniform and Clan Uniform Customization, choose from 10 different Special Ops squads worldwide.
* In-depth clan support- leaders can customize the entire clan's camo pattern.
* Community support- team tournaments and clan ladders will reward top players with different weapons and game items
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

f0xdye wrote:
jsnepo wrote:This is bad for me.

2008... MP warz!

Oh noes!
dude COD4 nalang! di pa kita nakakalaro! sa MGO for sure dun tayo magkikita kita! :-)
Wala kasi ako nun sa PS3. PC version lang nalaro ko. And unfortunately, my video card died so I'm stuck with a stupid FX5200. :(

Anyway, I never tried Socom online. I played 3's campaign but didn't finish it.

Sony acquired Zipper right? What the hell are they working on if they're not behind this?
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

they are working on another SOCOM title, unlike this pure online one, it has a single player campaign, its going to be launched much much later pa
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

WTF! So Confrontation is pretty much dead even before release huh? Who would play Confrontation online once Zipper's Socom is released? Unless Zipper's Socom doesn't come with an online mode (which I doubt) or gets released in 2010. LOL!
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

just think of Confrontation as a Prologue lols, anyways I read that Zipper is also working closely with Confrontation, and Confrontation is a PSN/BD titile so expect it to be cheaper
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

But it's sad to think that most Socom players will just go to Zipper's once that version is released.
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

yup pero Zipper's version is more likely to be released in 2009 pa, anyways m going to get this in PSN, customization and environmental destruction can't be that bad hehe
Last edited by darkwing_uop on Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

Malay natin ibang IP ang ginagawa ng Zipper ngayon. Sana sana!
Tracer1
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

darkwing_uop wrote:yup, [PHI] na!!!!!! customized uniform pa for a clan, nice! ^_^
Olrayt... gawa na agad ng PPSX uniform :D
PS3 Rulez!!!

"Boycott Chinese products!"
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: blitzburgh16

looks good..
"Giggity Giggity Giggity... Awwwww Riiggght!"

Halina't mag dice tayong lahat :bigmouth: :evilsmile: :bigmouth: :evilsmile: :bigmouth: :evilsmile:

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Umm... kulang sa Oommpp ... :D Kumbaga parang kulang sa BA!@gra si blitz ... :lol:
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

looking good! custom clan thingies ftw!
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

Parang kulang pa sa details yung mga characters lalo na sa uniform.