PC Setup Thread

Do you also play with non-PlayStation devices? Do you enjoy playing as a plumber saving a princess? Or some bald marines? Or maybe you want to play using the touchscreen?
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: DonKB-PSX

Considering how easy it is to enable XMP / DOCP in the UEFI / BIOS... :lol:
SPOILERS: This is mainly an NZXT issue.

You might be voiding your warranty and don’t even know it!
Your friendly neighborhood, generic bald and filthy casual gamer

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
PS4 "Amateur" (CUH-1106A) - June 5, 2015 to Present
PS5 - June 18, 2022 to Present
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

ASUS Announces World's First HDMI 2.1 Certified Gaming Monitors
ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) announced that its upcoming 43-inch gaming monitor is the first monitor to receive HDMI 2.1 certification, passing all compatibility and validation tests conducted by leading Allion Labs, Inc - an international company specializing in product testing.

The new ROG monitor is compatible with next-generation consoles, with HDMI 2.1 giving it a full bandwidth of up to 48 Gbps to support 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) visuals at variable refresh rates of up to 120 Hz. Auto Low Latency also enables the game console to control the processing mode of the display, prioritizing low latency or processing quality depending on the content. Allion Labs subjected the monitor to stringent Fixed Rate Link (FRL) tests, including FRL Electrical, FRL Pixel Decoding and FRL Protocol tests, to ensure full compatibility with upcoming HDMI 2.1 devices.

"ROG is the first partner to provide a HDMI 2.1 gaming monitor for certification. As a leading test lab in the world, it's our mission to assure products or services before they are launched. We are thrilled to be part of the success of ROG and this groundbreaking gaming monitor," said Brian Shih, Vice President of Logo & HW Validation Consulting at Allion Labs.

With the impending arrival of next-generation gaming consoles later this year, ROG has an entire series of HDMI 2.1 gaming monitors for the holiday season. These monitors are available in 27-, 32- and 43-inch models.

As one of the world's leading gaming monitor brands, ROG constantly pushes boundaries to provide gamers with the most advanced display technologies for breathtaking gaming visuals. ROG was the first in the world to offer gamers the ROG Swift PG258Q 240 Hz gaming monitor, ROG Swift PG43UQ 4K 144 Hz Digital Stream Compression (DSC) gaming monitor and ROG Swift 360 Hz gaming monitor.
SOURCE: https://www.techpowerup.com/270671/asus ... g-monitors

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Mukhang ok yung MSI B550 Bazooka kung gusto mo ng "mamura-murang" AMD B550 chipset board kung balak mo muna mag R5 3600 (or 3300X) at kumuha ng high-end 3000 Zen 2 (or yung Vermeer Zen 3) pagkatapos ng ilang taon. Yung MSI B550 VDH halos kapareho lang din. :)

Affordable B550 VRM Thermal Performance, In Search of the Best Value Board

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I think I first saw the 3Dfx Glide version of the original Tomb Raider on 'The Site' that was aired on MS NBC during the mid (or perhaps late?) 90s. We got the Voodoo1 card (Diamond Multimedia brand) for about P10,000. First video card I used fans to keep it cool. :lol: Good times! He he...

DF Retro Hardware: The Origins of the 3D Graphics Card

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Definitely one of the worst kept secrets. :lol:

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series | Official Launch Event

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Nung isang araw pa yata ito pero pa-putol-putol din kasi panonood ko sa YouTube. Ngayon lang uli ako lubos na nakapag YT. :sweat:

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Early Look: Ampere Architecture Performance - Hands-On!

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Tear-Down: NVIDIA RTX 3080 Founders Edition Disassembly - A Lot Fewer Screws

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Meanwhile at LGR (Blerbs)... 8-)

Opening a NEW Voodoo 3 3500 TV AGP Graphics Card

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Mukhang ito yung dahilan kung bakit nag CTD (Crash to Desktop) daw ang ibang RTX 30 series card.

The RTX 3080 Launch can't get any worse... Right? Wrong...

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Follow-up sa RTX 30 series capacitor issues.... DON'T CALL THEM POSCAPS!!! Blame Igor's Lab for that! :lol: LOLZ! OK rin itong si Buildzoid kaya lang baka ma-bored lang ang iba sa technical at haba ng mga videos niya. :-P

My thoughts on the RTX 3080/3090 core bypass capacitor configurations and crashing/instability

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Case closed? :?:

RTX 3080 Crashing Investigation: False Blame, Bad Facts, Capacitors & New Drivers

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Ooooff!!! Sobrang bilis sa hardware refresh! Kaya nanghihinayang din ako bumili ng high-end na video card eh. :lol:

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 20 GB Currently Planned For Launch In December
According to Videocardz's sources, NVIDIA is now planning to launch the RTX 3080 20 GB variant sometime in December. We had first heard about the 20GB variant before the Ampere series was announced and it had originally been planned for release just after AMD's Big Navi. This new timeline would represent a delay of about a month or so - assuming AMD goes with a hard launch of their Big Navi series and NVIDIA would not have made such a decision lightly.

NVIDIA RTX 3080 20 GB tentatively launching in Decembe
The NVIDIA RTX 3080 would be based on the PG132 SKU20 and has been in the pipeline for quite some time. While it features the same CUDA Cores (as per leaks) it has twice the amount of memory. Considering the fact that killer apps like Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 already chomp away all the vRAM the 2080 Ti had to offer, 10 GB is going to feel tiny after a year or two. Considering next-gen consoles are already driving games with asset-streaming of large worlds, vRAM is going to start becoming a lot more crucial than before. With AMD launching a card with 16GB of vRAM, NVIDIA had to reply with their own high vRAM card.
*SNIP!*
Read the full article HERE.

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

Malaki kaya ang difference kung naka-3050 lang? :sweat:

Huli kong video card 1050 pa. Built-in pa. :lol:
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

This is a really a good watch even if you don't plan on overclocking your RAM (as you're already overclocking once you set an XMP profile beyond the JEDEC spec). It tackles the different memory topology / layout for the wiring. It also mentions despite having a good topology, the IMC (Integrated Memory Controller) of the processor may not be up to the task in a given RAM frequency, especially if you've populated all of the DIMM slots. A long lecture by Buildzoid, so grab a snack! :lol:

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

A little bit of performance boost depending on memory configuration, like single, dual or quad ranks. Though I read using two sticks of 16GB DDR4 memory would be dual rank.

EDIT: (Correction) My brain is still half-asleep when I typed this. :lol: Most current 1 stick of 16GB would be Dual Rank. So two sticks is Quad Rank. Not to be confused with Dual or Quad channel.

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Finally, I was able to build a new PC just now. :)

At first, I wanted to get an X570-based board, but decided to get a B550 one that is "well built". Most of the higher-end boards have VRMs that are overkill for the R9 3900X

My initial target was also the Ryzen 9 5900X but those things are still hard to get. The RAM I almost got was a G.Skill branded 32GB 3200 MT/s (2x16GB), but went Out of Stock during checkout. :lol:

The Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro. Just a a hair away from completely blocking the RAM slot. LOLZ! The heatsink at least. But once the front fan is attached, it won't be compatible with these RAM sticks.

It was between this or the AData XPG SX8200 Pro. They're about the same price, but decided to go with this one for the endurance (1660 TBW). Though the AData XPG one is still faster.

My placeholder video card until I can get an RTX 30 series.

Sadly, I had to troubleshoot my PC as it won't completely turn on from cold boot. Replaced the Be Quiet! CPU Cooler with the AMD stock Wraith Spire cooler so I can also test the RAM. The bad part is the PSU, so I had to use my spare (generic 450W PSU) while I RMA the one intended for this build. Also, forgive the "vomit rainbow RGB" as I'm too lazy to configure them :lol:
Last edited by DonKB-PSX on Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Hindi ako aware sa mga video cards. Kakayanin ba ng RTX 30 series, o kahit 20 series, yung Cyberpunk 2077 na highest settings?
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Ito yung updated na requiements sa iba't-ibang settings. Kailan lang din yan inilabas.

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Hindi rin pala kakayanin ng rig ko. Yung video card medyo abot sa recommended. Sa processor at memory nasa minimum. :lol:
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Ugh, This could drive prices up for hardware next year. :huh:

TSMC Ends Its Volume Discounts For the Biggest Customers, Could Drive Product Prices Up
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), one of the largest semiconductor manufacturers in the world, is reportedly ending its volume discounts. The company is the maker of the currently smallest manufacturing nodes, like 7 nm and 5 nm. For its biggest customers, TSMC used to offer a discount - when you purchase 10s or 100s of thousands of 300 mm (12-inch) wafers per month, the company will give you a deal of a 3% price decrease per wafer, meaning that the customer is taking a higher margin off a product it sells. Many of the customers, like Apple, NVIDIA, and AMD, were a part of this deal.

Today, thanks to a report from the Taiwanese Central News Agency, TSMC is terminating this type of discount. Now, every customer will pay full price for the wafer, without any exceptions. For now, it is unclear what drove that decision at TSMC's headquarters, but the only thing that we could think is that the demand is too high to keep up with the discounts and the margins are possibly lower. What this means for consumers is a possible price increase in products that are manufactured at TSMC's facilities. The consumer market is already at a drought of new PC components like CPUs and GPUs due to high demand and scalping. This could contribute a bit to the issue, however, we do not expect it to be of any major significance.
SOURCE: https://www.techpowerup.com/276029/tsmc ... -prices-up

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX