"UFC/MMA Thread"

Talk about things other than video games. What are your other hobbies? What's your favorite TV show? Are you into sports. Any recommended restaurants? Do you travel?
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

pogzz505 wrote:Ronda took Holm for granted..obvious na hindi siya nag-train ng mabuti..based na rin sa huling fights ni Holm na walang dating..

first minute pa lang ng rd 1 naghahanap na ng hangin si Ronda, mas malalakas pa exchanges nila ni Tate dati and mas matagal ang laban pero nasa condition siya..dito wala agad..
It's not that she didn't train hard, but perhaps her corner didn't put out the best gameplan out there. But I do agree that Ronda probably thought holm would crumble under rousey's forward pressure (i thought so too). But Ronda didn't respect holm enough, holm didn't look good in her last two fights because holm is a known range fighter and counter fighter, and against Pennington and Reneau, they respected her for her ability. Ronda didn't, and paid the price.

Her boxing looked so sloppy, and her forward movement wasn't particularly pretty. There was no head movement, no angles, it was all pump that jab lazily and load up for a punch. She abandoned her foot work when she couldn't get a hold of holly and paid a price with that left straight every time.

But who knows, maybe she didn't train as much, and there were certainly a lot of distractions (ronda's mom and coach arguing, travis browne, all the media obligations), maybe it didn't get her to train at the right frame of mind. I guess only they will know.

I also think ronda's conditioning wasn't bad, just that getting punched in the face like that is going to scramble your brain and once the panic sets in, she wasn't the same. Holm just looked great out there and executed to damn near perfection.
pogzz505
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: pogzz505

he, he di tulad ni JJ..ang galing gumalaw and kahit matibay nakalaban niya calm pa rin..

God can take care & provide for me and my family better than I can..
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

pogzz505 wrote:he, he di tulad ni JJ..ang galing gumalaw and kahit matibay nakalaban niya calm pa rin..
Oo idol si Joanna. But she's got some tough challenges ahead in Claudia gadelha, hopefully panalo pa din!
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Let's go bendo! I think he's going to break masvidal down. I love both guys, and I think masvidal has some great striking, but bendo is going to grind this win out.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I thought that was a pretty clear cut decision for Bendo. I had it Bendo 4-1, maybe 3-2 depending on how you score round 2. But I thought Bendo did really well dealing with Jorge Masvidal's pressure, who's one of the best boxers in the division. Bendo had a lot of sneaky stuff in this fight, especially those elbows from the clinch/single leg attempt.

Masvidal is a really great underrated fighter. His wrestling, jiu jitsu and clinch game is very underrated, but he's really good in negating your game.

Great win for Bendo, and I'll support the man whether he goes to Bellator or stays in the UFC.

Overall a great card! That Mina-Akiyama fight was excellent too, I was rooting for akiyama, but I scored it 29-28 for Mina. If Akiyama didn't get knocked down in the second, he would have won. But excellent fight nonetheless.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Super excited for this three days of fights! Rockhold-Weidman is the most compelling match-up for me, but also looking forward to the other big fights!

- Connor vs Aldo (of course)
- Yoel vs Jacare
- Edgar vs Mendes
- Gunnar Nelson vs Demian Maia
- El Cucuy vs Edson Barboza
- The Paige and Sage show
- Holloway vs Stephens

Gonna be great!
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Aljamain Sterling! This dude is one of my guys I'm following at 135! What a great prospect. Johnny Eduardo is no joke. He handled him with ease. Thomas Almeida vs Sterling would be a hell of a fight!
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

I feel na Jose will "upset" Connor.. though pag umabot sa decision then sure win for Connor because di naman papayag si Dana na tuluyan malagas cash cow niya.. :lol:
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Paige is a tough girl. There's a lot of heart there, but the skill and technique is not there yet. Her striking is bad, and her takedowns from that head and arm position are horrible. She will get better, but right now she's very raw. Great fight pass event.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Oh boy, what a weigh in! Tomorrow is going to be a fun night, that main card is crazy good!

For TUF 22 finale later, I'm picking Frankie Edgar to beat Mendes. I think Edgar is going to be able to move around, and be much quicker than Chad. He's going to stifle Chad's game with some good counter striking, and catch Mendes off-guard with some takedowns as well. Chad can end this by punches, but that's about the only way he can end it. Otherwise, I see Edgar taking this by UD.

Tony Fergusson by submission RD 2. I like Barboza, but he has a tendency to not show up in big fights, and Fergusson has been really good lately. Fergusson's tricky striking and movement will set up some great takedowns and eventually he'll end up in a scramble where he's able to land a guillotine or an anaconda choke.

Lauzon via TKO

The rest I don't really care too much for.
pogzz505
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Nice win by Namajunas!!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

God can take care & provide for me and my family better than I can..
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

What a card tomorrow! Here are my predictions:

McGregor 2nd round TKO - I keep going back and forth between a Mcgregor win and an Aldo win, it's that close in my opinion. I think McGregor's movement, and unorthodox strikes will be difficult for Aldo to handle. In particular, I don't think Aldo has fought anyone with the size and reach that McGregor has. It's going to allow Conor to stay long, and out of range enough to land his straight left, and keep aldo guessing with his kicking arsenal. I think this is going to be a tough fight, one thing to look out for is to see how successful aldo will be in beating up Connor's lead leg, which is always out there in Connor's stance. Aldo may even try and take McGregor down to mix things up, but ultimately, I see Aldo slowing down, and being extremely hittable, especially if we base it off his last fight, Connor might just take this. I thinka straight left staggers aldo, and McGregor finishes him with a bolo uppercut in the second round.

Weidman by TKO 3rd round - I love this match-up. Two guys, with such different skill sets, but overall very even with how they match up. Weidman's aggressive wrestling and forward pressure, vs Luke's craftiness and excellent jiu jitsu game - these will make for a very dynamic and exciting match-up. I think Weidman is going to make it dirty, and try to beat Rockhold up in the clinch against the fence. He'll bring his forward pressure, and Rockhold will try to counter with kicks as he circles away - but ultimately, Weidman will rough Rockhold up, and wear him out eventually en route to a 3rd round TKO on the ground. This is a great fight.

For the other fights:
Jacare via guillotine
Maia by UD, I think he'll outclass Gunni on the ground, even though Gunni is an equally respected grappler. I just dont think he's at Maia's level.
Hollyway by TKO 2nd round
Faber by guillotine 1st round
Tecia Torres by UD
Court McGee via UD
alendri
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Alendri_09

I've come out of pps retirement to post and pledge my allegiance to Rockhold and McGregor. Let's go new champs!!!! :)
CPA. Gamer.

joey_ed27
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: JOEY_ed27

Tanong lang saan sa BGC pwede manuod ng UFC? Baka kasi hindi ko abutan 2 main fights if uuwi pa ako. Salamat

Sent using OnePlus One on Tapatalk.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

joey_ed27 wrote:Tanong lang saan sa BGC pwede manuod ng UFC? Baka kasi hindi ko abutan 2 main fights if uuwi pa ako. Salamat

Sent using OnePlus One on Tapatalk.
Skinny mikes sports bar! Malapit sa s&r. Nanood na ako dun dati, medyo pricey but the food is good.

Also they show the fight live, so try to get there early. Di nila sinunod schedule ng balls.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

That stupid wheel kick cost weidman the fight. What the hell was that.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

It's almost here!! There's going to be a new king in town. Let's go mcgregoat!
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!

I predict deez tings.
alendri
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Holy f***ing sh** bros!!!!!! Who could've predicted that???!!!!! Sobrang sarap!!!!!
CPA. Gamer.

ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

alendri wrote:Holy f***ing sh** bros!!!!!! Who could've predicted that???!!!!! Sobrang sarap!!!!!
I didn't predict the first round but I knew that left straight would have been the end of Jose.

Welcome to the McGregor era, we are coming for that lightweight belt.

I told you all McGregor is the GOAT. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHA