PinoyPS.com Monthly Specials!

Announcements, information, invitations, concerns, questions, and anything about our PlayStation community.
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

Boto ako kay skp_16. :smiley:
:bigmouth:
BadGuy001
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: BadGuy001

Why is Uncharted the game of the month?
SirZap
Big Daddy
PSN ID: SirZapp

I already answered that question from my previous post :evilsmile:
Like · Comment · Share
You and 101 others like this.
BadGuy001
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I don't understand. If this is for advertising purposes then why not make Killzone 2 the game of the month? It's a newly released PS3 exclusive, not a two year old game and it showcases what the PS3 can do-- much more than Uncharted.
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Xanshi

BadGuy001 wrote:I don't understand. If this is for advertising purposes then why not make Killzone 2 the game of the month? It's a newly released PS3 exclusive, not a two year old game and it showcases what the PS3 can do-- much more than Uncharted.
Why it has to be Killzone 2? Is it because like you said a newly released PS3 exclusive?

Your thinking it on the wrong lines bud. So only "new" games deserve the title "PPS Game of the Month".

I think the purpose of making it PPS Game of the Month is to promote really good games "regardless" whether it is newly release or a really old game. Killzone 2 will have it's spotlight eventually, the admins didn't choose it for this month.
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Gundam Extreme Vs and The Witcher 2

PSN ID: Xanshi
"A mild manner Accountant by day, A Gamer by night"
BadGuy001
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^^ Then what's the criteria for game of the month? You said that any game can be game of the month regardless of when it was released then why wasn't Resistance: Fall of Man chosen? It was an exceptionally good launch title. How about Warhawk? It's the first multiplayer-only console game.

I'm just wondering 'coz LittleBigPlanet got recognized as Game of the Month but Killzone 2, a game that was released 3 months after it didn't. Instead, this month's GOTM is a two year old game. Why? Is it because of the Uncharted 2 news? Then why not make Uncharted: Drakes Fortune the GOTM on the month closes to the release date of Uncharted 2? Wouldn't that generate more buzz for both titles?

I'm all for advertising all the great games but I think this whole game of the month thing is very inconsistent.
SirZap
Big Daddy

BadGuy001 wrote:I don't understand. If this is for advertising purposes then why not make Killzone 2 the game of the month? It's a newly released PS3 exclusive, not a two year old game and it showcases what the PS3 can do-- much more than Uncharted.
when I said "as a sort of advertising" is not the main objective. we assign a game of the month as a recognition not only on the game itself but also there is a thread existing in this forums, remember this is a forum. giving a game 6 months after its release would be a reasonable time for a thread to build up, just like we did with Little Big Planet.

Now! we are now featuring a game like this that were released last year or earlier in order to recognize their worth. this for the benefit of some gamers who were not able to play this game early on like my case. We can feature newly released games why not? however since we only started this year we intend to feature them in a way that "good old" games are not left out if we only focus on "new" games.

to give you an idea of the sequence, here's how it goes: (1) new exclusive ps3 game, (2)then an old exclusive, and then (3) a non-exclusive - whether new or not. to clarify, that is just guide and we can interchange the sequence but expect at least 3 games for each classification for this year as we started only last march.

.....and for that being said just wait until august for KZ2 to be featured :evilsmile:
Like · Comment · Share
BadGuy001
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^^ Why not create a separate thread to commemorate the older games? Uncharted could be the "classic game of the month" and the actual GOTM could be a recently released title. Imo, the newer games are the ones that should be getting more recognition since it's still establishing a foothold in the gaming market.
giving a game 6 months after its release would be a reasonable time for a thread to build up, just like we did with Little Big Planet.
I don't entirely agree with this. Killzone 2's thread built-up quite fast just a month after the game was released.
SirZap
Big Daddy

BadGuy001 wrote:^^ Then what's the criteria for game of the month? You said that any game can be game of the month regardless of when it was released then why wasn't Resistance: Fall of Man chosen? It was an exceptionally good launch title. How about Warhawk? It's the first multiplayer-only console game.

I'm just wondering 'coz LittleBigPlanet got recognized as Game of the Month but Killzone 2, a game that was released 3 months after it didn't. Instead, this month's GOTM is a two year old game. Why? Is it because of the Uncharted 2 news? Then why not make Uncharted: Drakes Fortune the GOTM on the month closes to the release date of Uncharted 2? Wouldn't that generate more buzz for both titles?

I'm all for advertising all the great games but I think this whole game of the month thing is very inconsistent.
good point but even though we don't feature a game close to its release it would generate buzz on their own, there were no GotM (status) close with their release date. :blush: again advertising is not the only criteria, it also needs good reviews and having reviews means that there are lots of members here who played the game and having played the game means it was after the launch.

going back to the "sequence", the first featured game was NBA 2k9 is a non-exclusive, it was suppose to be featured this month because of the playoffs and coincidentally as the 3rd game. we, or simply me, chose that game because it was the featured member's favorite game which is another criteria.
Like · Comment · Share
SirZap
Big Daddy

BadGuy001 wrote:^^ Why not create a separate thread to commemorate the older games? Uncharted could be the "classic game of the month" and the actual GOTM could be a recently released title. Imo, the newer games are the ones that should be getting more recognition since it's still establishing a foothold in the gaming market.
giving a game 6 months after its release would be a reasonable time for a thread to build up, just like we did with Little Big Planet.
I don't entirely agree with this. Killzone 2's thread built-up quite fast just a month after the game was released.
ok given that criteria... what would be your list of GotM for the next 12 months both for new and classic games :evilsmile:
so that would be 24 games :blush: *I'm all ears*

also, LBP was released october last year, that time we have no GotM, again that was because we started only last March this year.
Like · Comment · Share
TurnBased
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: twolfkg

I think the title should be "Featured Game" of the Month.

Game of the Month kasi is most of the time associated with a game that is recently released. dahil dito, nagkaconfusion kung bakit uncharted bigla ang GOTM.
PSN ID: twolfkg / TurnBasedPPS
3DS FC: 4468-1101-2937
BadGuy001
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

SirZap wrote:ok given that criteria... what would be your list of GotM for the next 12 months both for new and classic games :evilsmile:

also, LBP was released october last year, that time we have no GotM, again that was because we started only last March this year.
I think you will find an extensive list of great games here.

And let's not forget the abundance of PSN titles and excellent multiplatform games like Call of Duty 4 and GTA IV. I'm sure these games have a strong presence in PPS.

And the GOTMs for this year can be the classics of next year.
Last edited by BadGuy001 on Wed May 06, 2009 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SirZap
Big Daddy

T'wolf wrote:I think the title should be "Featured Game" of the Month.

Game of the Month kasi is most of the time associated with a game that is recently released. dahil dito, nagkaconfusion kung bakit uncharted bigla ang GOTM.
I don't really know if there is a time element when saying plainly "Game of the Month"... I mean being a "Member of the Month" does not always mean you're a newly registered member. and also, "Game of the Month" simply means "Featured Game of the Month", so basically they are the same. :smiley:
Like · Comment · Share
SirZap
Big Daddy

BadGuy001 wrote:
SirZap wrote:ok given that criteria... what would be your list of GotM for the next 12 months both for new and classic games :evilsmile:

I think you will find an extensive list of great games here.

And let's not forget the abundance of PSN titles and excellent multiplatform games like Call of Duty 4 and GTA IV. I'm sure these games have a strong presence in PPS.

And the GOTMs for this year can be the classics of next year.
ok then given that list, what makes a classic and what's not?
Like · Comment · Share
TurnBased
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

SirZap wrote:
T'wolf wrote:I think the title should be "Featured Game" of the Month.

I don't really know if there is a time element when saying plainly "Game of the Month"... I mean being a "Member of the Month" does not always mean you're a newly registered member. and also, "Game of the Month" simply means "Featured Game of the Month", so basically they are the same. :smiley:
eheh. obviously, that doesn't apply to PPS members. pero look at gaming publications and websites, ganyan ang norm.

It was just a suggestion to avoid confusion, kasi in this case, it did cause confusion.

OT: parang hindi ata tayo nagvote for 2008 GOTY. is it because obvious naman na MGS4 would have been the clear cut winner? :bigmouth:
rohz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: therohz

pwede sigurong i-classify na "classic" yung game kung released ito 2 years before the current year. So lahat ng games released ng 2007 ay considered for gotm "classic" tapos next year games released in 2008 naman yung icoconsider for gotm "classic".
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

<(_)> You have earned a trophy.
_/ _\_ Resurrection

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
BadGuy001
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

SirZap wrote:ok then given that list, what makes a classic and what's not?
That's entirely up to you and the others to decide.
SirZap
Big Daddy

T'wolf wrote:eheh. obviously, that doesn't apply to PPS members. pero look at gaming publications and websites, ganyan ang norm.

It was just a suggestion to avoid confusion, kasi in this case, it did cause confusion.

OT: parang hindi ata tayo nagvote for 2008 GOTY. is it because obvious naman na MGS4 would have been the clear cut winner? :bigmouth:
I was expecting that answer. :bigmouth: I'm just looking kung anong basis mo bakit mo na-suggest sya

but if there were 2 or more worthy to be featured which then should be "featured" then. what if there were 13 or more worthy games that was released in the last 6 months? so that would leave 1 or more games to catch-up :evilsmile:
rohz wrote:pwede sigurong i-classify na "classic" yung game kung released ito 2 years before the current year. So lahat ng games released ng 2007 ay considered for gotm "classic" tapos next year games released in 2008 naman yung icoconsider for gotm "classic".
if 2 years is 24 months hindi pa classic ang Uncharted: Drake's Fortune kasi Nov. 2007 sya released. but following your suggestion classic na sya :agree:

but then looking up to my example to T'wolf about having 2 or more worthy releases each month, some of the games would be featured as a classic by then
BadGuy001 wrote:That's entirely up to you and the others to decide.
I know that you would say that :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

if we would follow the suggested basis by rohz then we can afford until december next year for KZ2 as not yet a classic :evilsmile:

I'm asking you simply because you suggested the "classic" and the "current" but that would be an addtional "thinking" on our part and yet you don't want to "think" :evilsmile: but that's fine with me kasi I'm open to explore other ways to create a "buzz" on the forums. thanks sa suggestion
Like · Comment · Share
TurnBased
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

but then looking up to my example to T'wolf about having 2 or more worthy releases each month, some of the games would be featured as a classic by then
hah? I never said that...

ang sinabi ko lang is that dapat "Featured Game" ang title to avoid confusion...
BadGuy001
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I know that you would say that :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

if we would follow the suggested basis by rohz then we can afford until december next year for KZ2 as not yet a classic :evilsmile:

I'm asking you simply because you suggested the "classic" and the "current" but that would be an addtional "thinking" on our part and yet you don't want to "think" :evilsmile: but that's fine with me kasi I'm open to explore other ways to create a "buzz" on the forums. thanks sa suggestion
Well, I already have an idea in mind, but I thought that I would just leave it up to you to come up with your own criteria for a classic game. I mean, you might as well go all the way with this whole GOTM thing and not go half-ass on it right?

Regarding what I think about what should be considered a classic -- a classic doesn't have to be bound by time frame, popularity and scores, it could be anything exceptional or critically panned. Go wild with what you think a classic should be.

It doesn't always have to be a high scoring game, it could be something like Ironman. Check out the Ironman thread, the game is so bad everyone is posting hilarious remarks. You could call the game "classically awful."A classic could also be your personal favorite game that no one has ever played. You can mention why it's such an awesome game and why it deserves to be recognized.

You are not abiding by the rules set by other game websites. This is PinoyPS, not Neogaf or Gamefaqs.