Madden NFL 08

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
thecrow23
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

ano ba fps nang madden 07 sa ps3? sana di 30fps ang nba 2k8 sa ps3.
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: blitzburgh16

PS3 = 30 fps vs. the 360's 60 fps :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

kitang kita ang difference, very smooth ang gameplay sa 360.. damn :? :? :?
"Giggity Giggity Giggity... Awwwww Riiggght!"

Halina't mag dice tayong lahat :bigmouth: :evilsmile: :bigmouth: :evilsmile: :bigmouth: :evilsmile:

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

The PS3 difference in 1UP's Madden 08 Review: 8.5 for PS3 Vs 9 for 360

http://www.n4g.com/News-58195.aspx

Halina't mag dice tayong lahat :bigmouth: :evilsmile: :bigmouth: :evilsmile: :bigmouth: :evilsmile:

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
The Party Boy
Kileak: The DNA Imperative
Kileak: The DNA Imperative

di ba 60 fps sa ps3? bkit bumalik sa 30fps?
PSN ID: xThePartyBoyx
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

nde kasi official yung announcement, and hindi rin yata EA.. huhuhuhu :cry:

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

GameTrailers.com reviews Madden NFL 08, score: 9/10

http://www.n4g.com/News-58672.aspx

:-) :-) :-)

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
thecrow23
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

blitzburgh wrote:PS3 = 30 fps vs. the 360's 60 fps :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

kitang kita ang difference, very smooth ang gameplay sa 360.. damn :? :? :?
damn! di bale pwede na rin yan, may naka try na ba ng all pro football ng 2 ksports? ok ba?
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

damn, IGN gave the 360 version 8.7 while 7.7 for the PS3 version.. damn!! :? :? :?

Xbox 360
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/812/812241p1.html

PS3
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/812/812702p1.html
For PS3 owners, this isn't as exciting. Madden 08 runs (sometimes) at 30 frames per second. It makes a huge difference, as you lose a lot of the subtleties in the animations. There are plenty of framerate hitches that will likely frustrate players. This can cause a lag in the Hit Stick sometimes. And, let's face it, no one wants to see a runningback pause for a second in mid air as the framerate stutters. You can still play and mostly enjoy Madden, but beware that on PS3 the game does not run smoothly.
damn!!!!!!!!!! :? :? :? :?

Gamespot gave Madden 08 (both the 360 and PS3) 8.5

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
munskie
Myst
Myst
PSN ID: Marlai

damn nga!!! A paltry 7.7!!!! :fury: :fury:

I just cancelled my order........if anythings gonna be played with my PS3, it should at least be very good, but 7.7 is just fair.....I just cany accept the fact why Xbox version have it so good, and we are left with a crappy version.....play ko na lang to sa PS2 version...... :wink: sayang kasi investment ko if i buy this one in ps3.....antay ko na lang tiger woods
PSN ID Marlai
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

ako wala ako magagawa kasi wala ako Xbox 360, diko pwede ma miss to kasi fave game ko talaga Madden.. huhuh, pagtyagaan ko nalang yung 30 fps.. damn!!!!!!!! di nalang ako titingin sa 360 version :? :? :?

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

Tol napanood mo na ba yung vid ng MGS4 na demo?

Nku kung di pa, panoorin muna! Once na mapanood mo matatawa ka na lang why 30fps lang ang Madden sa PS3. :-)
martin
PlayStation
PlayStation

60 FPS means smoother animations and movements. FOr a sports game like madden, that means everything. maybe next year we will see the separation in quality of games vs the xbox 360. In the meantime, tiis na muna with a little choppiness. he he . grabe, ang hirap pala magdevelop for a sony console. I remember when the ps2 came out, there wasnt that much difference in the quality of graphics and gameplay compared to the dreamcast games. a year later, we saw a separation that proved that the ps2 was far superior. Think God of war 2 and compare it with Resident evil code veronica or soul calibur. Lets give our shiny black boxes a little time to mature and grow. late bloomer lang siguro. c'mon heavenly sword, dont let us down. :D
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

looks like Peter Moore's hidden agenda has started even before joining EA lols
cincibearcat
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

From Gamespot
"....One of the big points of contention about this year's Madden has been the difference in performance between the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions. It was announced some time ago that the 360 version would run at 60 frames a second, versus 30 on the PS3. When you compare the two games side by side, yes, there is a noticeable difference. The PS3 version is certainly choppier and slightly more prone to hitching up in-game than the 360 one. However, simply taken on its own merits, the PS3 version isn't suddenly awful because of this one issue. The choppiness rarely ever distracts you from the gameplay, and for the most part, the 30 frames a second number holds pretty steady. If you have a choice between the two, certainly the 360 version is the preferable one from a visual standpoint, but the PS3 version isn't unplayable by any means. "

RElax lang tayo (and enjoy na lang)...most people who buy Madden are NFL fan(atics) anyway...and if you are one --i doubt that'll make you pass it up.
Gameplay improvements alone will be worth it....

After playing NCAA '08 for quite some time...i don't even think about the framerate number...i think about how i can hit em high or low -- power run past them or dive catch it..

If you think about it--you would not want to play Madden '08 with half of your brain occupied by thoughts like...." Wow ang ganda nito ,pls. don't die on me now X360" or "Awryt we made it to the Super Bowl ---then BAM -- Taree-AR-EL
(no offense to anyone bros, am not a basher (talagang that's reality X360 mates)--on a side note; i myself was prepared to buy an X360 back in April for my 1st nextgen console...I was this close ika nga...buti na lang nagbasabasa muna---no regrets and am not planning to gett one anytime soon...

Martin's right---let's just be patient with our console---mas marami pa rin syang silbi IMHO...kapag gamay na ng developers yan .... :wink:
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

yup I agree, also nde pa yata 1 year ang PS3, amp!
parokyano
LeBronista

Bakit sa kabila ang sabi iisa lang core ng Cell processor and not 8?
thecrow23
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

just picked this game up, played it a couple of times and i can clearly say that it is a big jump over 07, the game plays pretty good, I didn't really noticed the 30fps specially when playing.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

EA Explains Why Madden Sucks on PS3

http://kotaku.com/gaming/for-those-who- ... 289436.php
In the case of the next-generation consoles, many publishers have been developing titles for the Xbox 360 for over 3 1/2 years while everyone who publishes now for the PlayStation 3 with the exception of Sony has been developing for the PlayStation 3 for only a little over one full year. The differences in the overall knowledge of the hardware is vastly different for both consoles and...it is very difficult to get it right the first time.
Mas gamay na ng mga devs ang technology ng Xbox 360 kumpara sa PS3.
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
parokyano
LeBronista

But is it true na iisa lang ang core ng Cell?
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

^^ AFAIK 8 yung cores ng Cell CPU. 7 ang "active" at spare yung 1.
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)