Important Announcements (Good and Bad News)

Announcements, information, invitations, concerns, questions, and anything about our PlayStation community.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

Our site's traffic now is very low compared to yesteryears. It's understandable as we have a lot of competition for our daily gaming fix: Facebook, Reddit, NeoGAF, and more. Those are giants that many of us cannot beat. I got suggestions some years ago to shut down the site as it could just be a waste of money. I use the site's host for other purposes like my portfolio so it's not really a waste. There's a reason why I added Google ads to our site, to help pay for the monthly hosting fee but it's not enough.

I have set a personal condition that if in 3 straight days nobody visits and posts on this site, I will shut it down. Fortunately, it didn't happen but it was close to.

Going straight to the point, we have good news and bad news. Let's start with the bad news.

The Bad

I'm running out of funds to pay for the site's hosting. I'm not exactly in the best financial situation right now. I have until the last week of February to pay for the hosting of the site. If ever a shut down pushes through, we can redirect our members to our Facebook group and Twitter.

But I want to keep the site running as long as I can, well, until the next admin wants to take over. The reason I stay with the site is because we have our own .com address. We have the confidence that we are a legit community. We can also have the site customized the way we want to. We just have to keep the costs down.

Now going to the good news.

The Good

I have some options for a new host and it's free for one year. It's almost the same specs as our current host. By that time, my financial situation could have improved. Or plan B, create another account for another free year. :lol:

I can back up all the files and data of the site then and move to the new host by March. We can then proceed with our plans for the community.
- for the site to be self-sufficient
- the earnings, minus the expenses, can be used for monthly raffle: PSN load
- run the site like a blog, update daily, share, promote
- a thread for every game ever released
- social media integration (like Facebook and Twitter login)
- color scheme of every PlayStation console

I know it's a lot of work but it can help me advance my IT career: portfolio. Plus, it's both for the love of programming and gaming.

Our community's goals remain the same: connect with fellow Filipino gamers particularly of the PlayStation brand and be the top source of PlayStation information.

If anyone wants to help, not necessarily financially, just send me a message: PM, email, or just reply to this thread.

Thank you for keeping the site alive!

Daniel
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Snakemaru

I guess I can only reply to this thread to show my support to PinoyPs.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Thank, pafs Sn@kemaru!

As long as people visit the site, I will keep it running as long as I can. hehehe
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: crazy4cajun

Yeah. I still visit this site frequently kahit 3-4 na lang ang nagpopost. I'm really not into social media sites. Ayoko rin kasi magleave masyado ng footprint sa mga social media sites. I find the environment too volatile and too public. Another reason I still visit the site is because it's one of the few sites na hindi blocked the office. :mrgreen:

But seriously, I'm still here to support the site. Kahit backround support man lang. :)

"Bad things don't happen TO you. Bad things happen FOR you."
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Thanks, pafs Crazycajun!

Buti na lang lusot sa firewall itong site. :mrgreen:

Dati nung naging IT admin ako sa 1 university sa Manila, pina-block sa akin lahat ng video sites pati games. By category yung blocking, hindi by URL kaya blocked ang PPS noon.

Thanks for the support!
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: OinkMcOink

I support PPS. Been meaning to go to any PPS event and finally buy that PPS shirt but PPS events and plans to go to Manila haven't really match up yet. I've learned alot about games and anything behind the scenes, plus the sale trackers are really helpful.

Also, I only got a little over a year to go before I get my veteran status. :D :D
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Thanks, Oink McOink. Glad PPS has helped. :D

Sayang wala nang events appearance ang PPS saka wala nang t-shirt project. Pero kung may mag-lead nun, why not?
Xezcente
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Xezcente

Never met you guys personally, ain't even attended one single venue or event. But the site really helped a lot years ago, had interesting discussions and met friendly members. Just dropped by to see the situation. Thank you for keeping it up. 😁
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Hey, Xezcente! Glad PPS has helped. :D

Sayang wala na tayong event appearances. Either wala nang invite at wala na ring available para mag-spearhead para makakuha ng booth.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Sad to hear. I dont post as much because theres no more engagement on gaming side but will post every now and then on games i play.

Whatever happens its been a great 10+ years here.
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Still here.
Mas gusto ko pa dito makasagap ng mga latest news about the games/gaming scene kesa sa FB. Dami na rin kasi trolls sa FB, mga fake news at toxic din... sometimes too many information.

So far nde pa naman ito blocked sa office.. pero baka ma-detect ng websense kapag nagbabad ako dahil sa keywords na "gaming' and/or 'entertainment'.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

We used to have a very active multiplayer community here which i miss. From shooters to sports, lagi ka may makakalaro na okay.

If anyone is playing apex legends add niyo ako:

ron_bato
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Thanks, ron_bato!

First-person shooter pala itong Apex. Hindi ko kaya nang matagal. :sweat:

I dunno if it's a trend, kahit sa FB group, mahirap din bumuo ng team para sa online party.

Nung nag-handle ako dati ng Websense, na-block itong PPS pero dahil kami sa IT department may account para maka-access ng mga blocked sites, nakakapag-PPS pa rin. :lol:

I'll be migrating the site to the new server this. Downtime is to be expected again.
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I think dahil sa required PS+ to play MPs games sa PS4 kaya nabawasan din yun party matches from PPS.
Dami ko din mga nakalaro dito sa COD games sa PS3 noon. Damn, I miss those days.
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I think marami rin outgrew this hobby. may iba iba na rin na interests. May iba rin naman na lumipat na ng ibang console.

I tried searching for a pinoyxbox and pinoynintendo pero wala ako mahanap. LOLZ!

Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

yung pinoynintendo nag-full FB na lang sila. yung sa pinoyxbox ngayon ko lang din nalaman na wala na
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Wow! Tayo na Lang pala natitira. Props to you sir for keeping this forum alive! Sana dumami uli magpost.

Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Thanks, sir. May mga bagong members pang nagre-register minsan. hehehe
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: DonKB-PSX

Kahapon ko lang napansin ang thread na ito. Tinignan ko lang saglit, pero ngayon lang nakapag post kasi nagma-migrate na ng server nung may oras na ako makapag post. Pero yeah, even though isa ang Pinoy sa most online, mukhang bihira na nga ang mga Pinoy pumunta sa mga forums. :cry: Tama rin ang sinabi ng iba. I have friends and relatives na I used to game with, pero ngayon hindi na.

Marami rin ako sinalihan na mga forum dati tulad ng my-pcexperts (kahit hindi naman ako ganun ka "expert". LOLZ), Pinoy Xbox at Pinoy-N. As long as this site is alive, I'll be visiting and posting. :)
Your friendly neighborhood, generic bald and filthy casual gamer

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
PS4 "Amateur" (CUH-1106A) - June 5, 2015 to Present
PS5 - June 18, 2022 to Present
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Thanks, pafs, DonKB-PSX! Mukhang maayos pa naman itong bagong host natin.

TPC yata active pa.