The Official Movies thread

Talk about things other than video games. What are your other hobbies? What's your favorite TV show? Are you into sports. Any recommended restaurants? Do you travel?
DarkRushBeat
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Disappointed ako sa Seed at Curse of Chucky e....Sana ok ito

Everybody wants Happiness, Nobody wants Pain...
But you can't have a Rainbow, without a little Rain....

Wrestling/Handheld Games/Horror/Zombie Films/Paranormal/Basketball Shoes/Body Building

Gameboy/Nintendo DS/PSP/Nintendo 3DS
FC: 1934-0903-9050
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

Magannda yung Spider-man Homecoming.. what the f*ck yung ending.. :bigmouth:

may mid credits and after credits scenes.. pero kahit di na panoorin pareho.. depende sa "patience" niyo.. f*ck you steve rogers! :lol:
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Sobrang ganda nung Spider-man Homecoming, especially coming from a huge Spider-man nut.

Daming magagandang easter eggs. Dami rin surprises in terms of casting that I'm glad I didn't know about (not watching the trailers really paid off!).

Michael Keaton was a real great villain. Probably the best MCU villain we've had to date. There was one scene in particular where they built an insane amount of tension that was really well executed.

Tom Holland > Tobey Maguire >>> Andrew Garfield.

Rankings:
1. Spider-man: Homecoming
2. Spider-man 2
3. Spider-man
4. Spider-man 3
5. The Amazing Spider-man
6. The Amazing Spider-man 2

Sa buong MCU, this is probably top 2 for me in terms of my favorite movies. First would be Captain America: TWS, then Spider-man Homecoming.

10/10. Would watch again in the cinema.
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

I agree that Michael Keaton is the best MCU villain yet and whoever is 2nd is a distant one. I disagree though, with the movie being that great. It's probably just me being sick of the comic book movie genre. The movie just didn't click with me. I even consider the Garfield movies to be better.
:bigmouth:
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

jsnepo wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:54 pm I agree that Michael Keaton is the best MCU villain yet and whoever is 2nd is a distant one. I disagree though, with the movie being that great. It's probably just me being sick of the comic book movie genre. The movie just didn't click with me. I even consider the Garfield movies to be better.
To each his own. But I can't find any single compelling argument as to how the Garfield movies are better than Homecoming. I'm all ears, and this is coming from someone who was kind of forgiving towards the Amazing Spiderman 1, but absolutely hated Amazing Spiderman 2.

The Garfield movies (especially the second one) were poorly paced, had some of the worst representation of Spider-man villains ever, poor casting decisions, and had some plot points and storylines which were ultimately too similar to the Raimi movies. The only good thing about those movies were Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone.

I can see how someone would prefer the Raimi movies over the MCU Spider-man, but not the Amazing Spider-man movies. I'm glad the second one was so bad, that we got Spider-man back to the MCU.
parokyano
LeBronista

For me TASM 1 > TM's Spider-man 3.. and baduy talaga ng nangyari sa 3rd installment.. kasi personally yung part 2 pinaka favorite ko noon.. peter gave up being spiderman na kasi sa part 2 then inulit pa sa part 3 tapos pinabaduy na version pa..

I agree michael keaton is the best villain sa MCU.. sa sobrang galing niya sa Homecoming di na ako magrereklamo how so-so is the plot of the movie.. :lol: :sweat:
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

ron_bato wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:14 pm
jsnepo wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:54 pm I agree that Michael Keaton is the best MCU villain yet and whoever is 2nd is a distant one. I disagree though, with the movie being that great. It's probably just me being sick of the comic book movie genre. The movie just didn't click with me. I even consider the Garfield movies to be better.
To each his own. But I can't find any single compelling argument as to how the Garfield movies are better than Homecoming. I'm all ears, and this is coming from someone who was kind of forgiving towards the Amazing Spiderman 1, but absolutely hated Amazing Spiderman 2.

The Garfield movies (especially the second one) were poorly paced, had some of the worst representation of Spider-man villains ever, poor casting decisions, and had some plot points and storylines which were ultimately too similar to the Raimi movies. The only good thing about those movies were Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone.

I can see how someone would prefer the Raimi movies over the MCU Spider-man, but not the Amazing Spider-man movies. I'm glad the second one was so bad, that we got Spider-man back to the MCU.
It doesn't have to be compelling since it's pretty much subjective. The reason I like the Garfield ones is because they aren't the type of movies that are being set up for a bigger one. Homecoming is a victim of the MCU just like what happened to Iron Man 2. The pacing is pretty much debatable. Homecoming is filled with quiet times which isn't bad at all but most of time are filled with the same whining on how to become part of the Avengers which I understand since that's the theme of the movie, but there wasn't much development until when his costume was taken from him and that was already in the latter part of the movie. It's a funny movie and that I will agree but that's pretty much it. It just didn't click with me.

Going back, I already said I'm getting tired of the same old comic superhero genre.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

jsnepo wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:58 pm It doesn't have to be compelling since it's pretty much subjective. The reason I like the Garfield ones is because they aren't the type of movies that are being set up for a bigger one. Homecoming is a victim of the MCU just like what happened to Iron Man 2.
The Amazing Spider-Man fell into the same trap you are claiming with Homecoming and MCU. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 specifically had all these problems with pacing precisely because they wanted to do too much. There were too manly plot threads that they wanted to tackle because they were setting up a large Spider-Man universe. 1) The mystery behind Peter's parents, 2) Harry Osborne's motivations and Oscorp in general, 3) Electro and his plotline, 4) The Peter-Gwen romance. They wanted to set-up a larger Spider-Man cinematic universe by shoe-horning all those villains so that they could set-up the Sinister 6 movie which was canned.
The pacing is pretty much debatable. Homecoming is filled with quiet times which isn't bad at all but most of time are filled with the same whining on how to become part of the Avengers which I understand since that's the theme of the movie, but there wasn't much development until part deleted because it's a spoiler. It's a funny movie and that I will agree but that's pretty much it. It just didn't click with me.
[/quote]

On pacing, see above where I discuss how the whole movie (ASM2) was bogged down by too many plot-threads. Leading to an underdeveloped story, which didn't really come together.

You pretty much answered your point here, whining about being an Avenger was the driving force for Peter. That was his motivation, and was a really well developed plotline which I thought was resolved very well. I disagree that there was a lack of development until that point of the story, that specific moment was the turning point for the entire movie and set the movie forward in terms of Peter's character development - but there were certainly multiple points in the movie prior to that that are crucial to understanding his character and his motivations.
Going back, I already said I'm getting tired of the same old comic superhero genre.
Then let's wrap it up, lol. This is a real thing, which I do understand. I didn't watch Dr. Strange and Guardians 2 because of this, but Spider-man was a great shot in the arm for me and reinvigorated my interest in the upcoming MCU movies.
charliedrama
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: charliedrama21

TASM sucked big time. It was like spiderman meets twilight. But yeah to each his own.

But homecoming nailed it for me. It was entertaining in a number of aspects for me.

I dont think i can compare this thing straight up to the other two versions since this had MCU's backing but im glad this one is in the MCUniverse.

Keaton nailed it to for me. Ive seen hin play a bad guy sa Desperate Measure and he really is that good wheter sa Batman, Beetlejuice, Multiplicity and even desperate measures. I have yet to see Birdman and that Mcdonald's bio film

I liked spiderman 1 and 2 by tobey, but the rest were stinkers for me.
ADD ME UP! :)

charliedrama
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Simple lang naman yan eh hahaha. If you dont like it dont watch hahaha. Gaya ko, i was a huge fan of the fast and the furious franchise but it got to a point where it was tiring and everything was over the top.

Hence the decision to pass on Fast 8.

I love the continuity of MCU. And what homecoming showed compels me more to watch thor 3 (kahit medyo off yung trailer) and black panther (who had a killer trailer)

Loved wonderwoman too by the way. Refreshing take on a superhero by a female lead plus basically non-violent as far a blood and hindi bastusin tignan costume ni Gal Gadot for me. Loved her wit and humor sa WW.
ADD ME UP! :)

DarkRushBeat
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

charliedrama wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:55 pm Simple lang naman yan eh hahaha. If you dont like it dont watch hahaha. Gaya ko, i was a huge fan of the fast and the furious franchise but it got to a point where it was tiring and everything was over the top.
Correct, kaya hindi ko pinanood yung Transformers The Last Knight....

Wrestling/Handheld Games/Horror/Zombie Films/Paranormal/Basketball Shoes/Body Building

parokyano
LeBronista

naalala ko lang ng magsisimula yung movie kinabahan ako ng sony pictures yung ipinakita.. nawala lang yung kaba ko ng bigla na pinakita yung signature marvel comic stips sa intro ng mga mcu movies.. :lol: :sweat:

and to be honest hindi ako ganun kahype sa homecoming since nakaka 5 spider-man movies na tayo.. na bored lang talaga ako nung opening day and saw a photo ni marisa tomei kaya i decided to watch it na.. buti na lang i did not left the theater disappointed kagaya ng naexperience ko sa spiderman 3 and tasm 2.. again imo homecoming has the weakest plot in connection sa avengers and mcu.. still nadala ng characters yung movie.. specially ni michael keaton.. kulit lang talaga ng last scene with aunt may.. haha something na never sasabihin ng dalawang previous aunt may's.. :lol:

ooh and btw hindi ako fan nung Ned.. jar jar binx siya sa movie na ito.. he should die sa next movie.. and since miles was teased.. i'm expecting he will make an appearance sa sequel. Or perhaps sa infinity war..
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

**** ****!
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

charliedrama wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:55 pm Simple lang naman yan eh hahaha. If you dont like it dont watch hahaha. Gaya ko, i was a huge fan of the fast and the furious franchise but it got to a point where it was tiring and everything was over the top.

Hence the decision to pass on Fast 8.
Finally someone said it too. Skip Fast 8 man. I was both laughing and cringing for most of the movie.
parokyano
LeBronista

for me must watch pa rin yung fast 8.. super panalo.. :cheer: basta you know what to expect from the franchise and wag mag expect ng oscar worthy acting.. writing and cinematography.. maeenjoy mo siya.. unless sa fast 7 pa lang sawa ka ma sa formula or theme ng FF franchise..
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

about time.... cant wait for the official trailer to come out. :2thumbs:

**** ****!
DarkRushBeat
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

R.I.P., the legendary master of the Zombie genre flicks....We will miss you....

Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Snakemaru

^ RIP sir George Romero
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

im gonna like this movie... :thumbsup:

**** ****!
DarkRushBeat
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Hell yeah, new Jaegers!!!