"UFC/MMA Thread"

Talk about things other than video games. What are your other hobbies? What's your favorite TV show? Are you into sports. Any recommended restaurants? Do you travel?
pogzz505
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: pogzz505

I'm for McGregor pero I kinda liked Nate to win...

1-4 McGregor
2-3 Nate
Rd 5 close but Nate landed a nice elbow, dirty boxing and takedown, I guess those 2 or 3 knockdowns gave the fight for McGregor.

God can take care & provide for me and my family better than I can..
adams_song182
Resident Evil
Resident Evil
PSN ID: adams_song182

I just read that BJ Penn suffered an injury. He pulled out from Fight Night Manila.
sana yang album na hawak mo ay hindi pirata, mahirap ata mag-isip at magpuyat ng ilang araw at parang kang may karay-karay na buntong-hiningang hindi matuloy-tuloy
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

adams_song182 wrote:I just read that BJ Penn suffered an injury. He pulled out from Fight Night Manila.
Yup, which overall, is good for BJ Penn. Because Ricardo Lamas would have mauled BJ.

I just checked the main card and the card overall, and it's pretty garbage.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

So the ufc fight next week was cancelled, not just because BJ Penn pulled out of the figt, but the government was going to drug test all UFC fighters and staff. If anybody popped positive, their passports would be taken by the government. UFC thought it would be prudent to just cancel the event.

The card was gabage anyway, but the government's treatment of this entire thing was ridiculous.
adams_song182
Resident Evil
Resident Evil

Ridiculous indeed. What's your source?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
sana yang album na hawak mo ay hindi pirata, mahirap ata mag-isip at magpuyat ng ilang araw at parang kang may karay-karay na buntong-hiningang hindi matuloy-tuloy
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

adams_song182 wrote:Ridiculous indeed. What's your source?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Jeremy Botter (mma journalist). Saw it on his twitter feed. He has sources within the company ata. For eeference, siya nag break ng news about the imminent sale of the ufc for 4 billion.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Super excited for UFC 205! We gon take those two belts!!
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Khabib is an effing beast!
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

This has been such a crazy good card so far! Yoel Romero, love him or hate him, he is a beast!
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

RIP Chris.. long overdue Miesha..
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

WE DID IT!!!! TWO WEIGHT WORLD CHAMP!!!
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Two-weight world champ! Officially the GOAT! Nobody has done what he's done to Eddie and Aldo! This guy would have destroyed Dos Anjos, and after Khabib's performance last night, I don't doubt that Conor can knock Khabib out in the first.

adams_song182
Resident Evil
Resident Evil

"The double champ does what the f##* he wants."

Indeed, Conor. Indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
parokyano
LeBronista

the UFC is #rigged.. :lol:
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

hindi na ko masyado nanonood ng ufc pero i just saw online na natalo na naman pala si rousey :shock: ...she'd better start thinking about her retirement na siguro from this sport. :sweat:

**** ****!
VincH
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

mahina talaga si Rousey sa boxing skills. tapos lakas pa nya manghamon kay Mayweather.
saaaandaliiiii laaaaannnggg!!!
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

CM Punk's match lasted longer :lol:
parokyano
LeBronista

ronda is still one of the best female MMA fighters out there.. and kaya pa bumalik sa top ulit just focus sa strengths niya which is her ground game.. striking should only be "supplementary" and wag ng ipilit masterin pa.. and yep nothing changes.. floyd will beat ronda and even mcpussy in a boxing match.. but he'll get killed by them in a MMA match..

sana maging active si ronda this year and ma reclaim ang title by the end of the year..
pogzz505
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

boxing movement talaga weakness niya...dati pa kapag nakipag-trade siya ng punches walang galaw ang ulo niya up straight lang. Sa tulad ni Nunes na heavy striker and excellent sa boxing ganun talaga kalalabasan. Tumayo lang siya sa harapan, walang step back or head movement man lang.

change the trainer...at least improve the boxing movement para sa start up makaporma siya sa pag-iwas. Nasa kanya na yan kung willing siya, para makabawi man lang siya ng panalo.

God can take care & provide for me and my family better than I can..
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Cody Garbrandt was super impressive against Cruz. That was a performance I would have never expected out of him and we saw dimensions to his game that we never saw before. I thought Cruz allowed himself to get drawn into Cody's counter punches too much and was willing to exchange more than he should have, but for sure he'll come back stronger. I think Cruz should take on the winner of Rivera and Caraway while TJ and Cody fight for the belt. That was a great fight, and I thought Cruz was done in the fourth for sure.

Also, nothing really shocking with Ronda's performance. I picked Amanda to win by TKO just because Edmund is a trash trainer (what he did to Travis Browne's movement and clearly Ronda's lack of evolution and improvement is proof of this). As soon as Ronda got hit with the first stiff jab and didn't move her head whatsoever, the outcome was decided. I noticed this in the second Tate fight, which I knew was going to be to her downfall, she will willingly eat strikes just so she can get a hold of you, and against great strikers and power punchers, it's not going to work. Meisha even rocked Ronda significantly in their second fight, before she foolishly attempted to clinch and wrestle with Ronda.

Anyway, I think she's done unless she switches camps. She needs to round out her striking game because the blueprint on how to beat here out there. Just maintain range, avoid grappling and clinch exchanges, and wait til she cracks. I think Ronda can still beat fighters like Juliana Pena, and Rocky Pennington, but would get eaten by fighters like Schevchenko, and maybe Zingano even in a rematch.