General PlayStation Question and Help Thread

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
joe_mcwil
PlayStation
PlayStation

I encounter this w/ the katamari... whenever I am on the middle of the mission the music will stop but not the sound effects and the game continues as if nothing happens... but when you completes the mission and going back to the orange planet thing w/ the menu. the game hangs and on black screen... here is the thing, my katamari copy i guess is on DVD9 because of the bar codes on the disc. By the way I have scph39001 w/ Mars 2 modchip...

What do you think guys? is it my unit or the disc having a hard time playing DVD9?

One more thing... I can play GT4 to my unit but it takes several resets before it starts... and when it displays text sometimes it becomes blurry as if it is pausing or something... thanks in advance...
phantom
PlayStation
PlayStation

joe_mcwil wrote:I encounter this w/ the katamari... whenever I am on the middle of the mission the music will stop but not the sound effects and the game continues as if nothing happens... but when you completes the mission and going back to the orange planet thing w/ the menu. the game hangs and on black screen... here is the thing, my katamari copy i guess is on DVD9 because of the bar codes on the disc. By the way I have scph39001 w/ Mars 2 modchip...

What do you think guys? is it my unit or the disc having a hard time playing DVD9?

One more thing... I can play GT4 to my unit but it takes several resets before it starts... and when it displays text sometimes it becomes blurry as if it is pausing or something... thanks in advance...
if youd ask me, wala lang sa timing yung lens mo. a simple adjustment in lens height would do. lens adsjustment is actually simple, but leave to the experts, unless mahilig ka magbutingting. :)
be a Leader,
be a Friend,
and be of Service.
joe_mcwil
PlayStation
PlayStation

phantom wrote:
joe_mcwil wrote:I encounter this w/ the katamari... whenever I am on the middle of the mission the music will stop but not the sound effects and the game continues as if nothing happens... but when you completes the mission and going back to the orange planet thing w/ the menu. the game hangs and on black screen... here is the thing, my katamari copy i guess is on DVD9 because of the bar codes on the disc. By the way I have scph39001 w/ Mars 2 modchip...

if youd ask me, wala lang sa timing yung lens mo. a simple adjustment in lens height would do. lens adsjustment is actually simple, but leave to the experts, unless mahilig ka magbutingting. :)
dude, do you personally experience this kind... or your just assuming? :? kasi ayoko pa sana mabuksan tong ps2 ko. sana mali ka... :wink: anyway kung timing nga lang siguro a simple operation will do. paranoid kasi ako pagdating sa pag-galaw ng aking precious... :twisted:

TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION.
phantom
PlayStation
PlayStation

joe_mcwil wrote:
phantom wrote:
dude, do you personally experience this kind... or your just assuming? :? kasi ayoko pa sana mabuksan tong ps2 ko. sana mali ka... :wink: anyway kung timing nga lang siguro a simple operation will do. paranoid kasi ako pagdating sa pag-galaw ng aking precious... :twisted:

TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION.
i've a similar but not identical experience as yours on my 50001. yung Dynasty Warriors 5 ko kse intro pa lang choppy na agad. so what i did was i adjusted the height a bit and voila! smooth na yung into FMV nya. :D

a very similar case as yours was when i tinkered with my ofcm8's 30001R bec it had a hard time booting on some games, sometimes it boots the game pero matagal magload, sometimes boots to the blank black screen. all it took was a little lens adjustment and oks na....
:D
be a Leader,
be a Friend,
and be of Service.
joe_mcwil
PlayStation
PlayStation

to phantom,

thanks sa inputs dude! mukhang posible yung diagnosis mo... pero sa susunod ko na ito pa buksan kasi. sa ibang games e very smooth naman ang unit ko. doon lang sa mga nabangit kong games medyo may konting sumpong. hanap muna ako ng ibang kopya ng katamari then siguro i will decide kung ganon pa din. :wink:
danielg
PlayStation
PlayStation

Does anyone know if any of the local (greenhills) game shops can clean dust specks on the screen of PSP? Mine suddenly "developed" some dust specks after being played by my kids. Thanks in advance.
LittleGreenMan
PlayStation
PlayStation

My apologies to the Admins for posting @ the wrong forum.

-- Repost --

I've had my PS2 for a 1.5 years already. Recently, I've noticed the following:

- PS2 loads the game, shows the PlayStation2 logo, then goes to the red screen showing. "Please insert PlayStation2 DVD" message. Badtrip.

- When I play Tekken 5, I can't play the old Arcade games and The Devil Within even if I've completed everything. When I choose either of the two options, it goes to the red screen showing. "Please insert PlayStation2 DVD" message. Badtrip x 10.

Which is faulty, the lens, MODchip or the Disktray? The games work fine on my cousins console. Sad. Help. Thanks.
Atattetara itee n ya de!
Mikagami b+1+3_b+2+4
phantom
PlayStation
PlayStation

LittleGreenMan wrote: - PS2 loads the game, shows the PlayStation2 logo, then goes to the red screen showing. "Please insert PlayStation2 DVD" message. Badtrip.

- When I play Tekken 5, I can't play the old Arcade games and The Devil Within even if I've completed everything. When I choose either of the two options, it goes to the red screen showing. "Please insert PlayStation2 DVD" message. Badtrip x 10.

Which is faulty, the lens, MODchip or the Disktray? The games work fine on my cousins console. Sad. Help. Thanks.
exact model?

maybe a little cog adjustment will do, plus lens cleaning...
be a Leader,
be a Friend,
and be of Service.
Kaien
PlayStation
PlayStation

LittleGreenMan wrote:- PS2 loads the game, shows the PlayStation2 logo, then goes to the red screen showing. "Please insert PlayStation2 DVD" message. Badtrip. .

ganyan din nangyari sa akin dati pinalinis ko lang hanggang TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION ok pa naman.

dito naman trick na ginawa ko eject mo muna disc tray bago mo i-select yun arcade o devil within tapos black screen lang siya press mo ulit eject button antayin mo lang magloload na siya. {pati yung snake's nightmare sa MGS3 dati ayaw mag-load ganun din ginawa ko gumana na siya}

:( problem ko naman TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION smt: nocturne ko ilang buwan ko lang hindi nalaro ayaw na mag-load hanggang atlus logo lang tapos white screen lang siya ayaw na magload.
ecchigo
Tekken
Tekken

Kaien wrote: :( problem ko naman TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION smt: nocturne ko ilang buwan ko lang hindi nalaro ayaw na mag-load hanggang atlus logo lang tapos white screen lang siya ayaw na magload.
parehas sa akin, tapos sa intro hang na, kaya ang ginagawa ko minsan nakatayo TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION ps2 ko, tapos ok naman na
"Time is GOLD... when watching BOLD" :mrgreen:

PSN: ioshin23
bluetoothtwentysix
PlayStation
PlayStation

Hi all! My son is asking for a PSP as a birthday gift. What should i know first before buying?
Should I get a US version or Japan Version?
What are the best games available?
What accessories does he need?
Any leads as to who sells one who is most credible? With warranty of course.
Brand new needed.
Thanks!
danielg
PlayStation
PlayStation

bluetoothtwentysix wrote:Hi all! My son is asking for a PSP as a birthday gift. What should i know first before buying?
Brand new needed.
Thanks!
The only difference between the US and Japan version is the ability to play movies for their respective regions. Just like DVDs, UMD movies are region locked.

There are no problem with games as they are all region free. What tyoe of games does your son like to play? Lots of good titles are out like Ridge Racer, Need For Speed Underground, Lumines, Metal Gear Acid, NBA Street Showdown, etc....

Before buying , make sure all buttons are working properly, check the screen carefully for defects (scratches, dust specks inside, dead/stuck pixels)

Must have Accessories are screen protector and a protective case.

If you really want one with warranty then Toy Kingdom is your best bet even though they tend to be a bit more expensive but I guess it comes with the preace of mind that your unit is covered by a "big store" warranty.
bluetoothtwentysix
PlayStation
PlayStation

danielg wrote:
bluetoothtwentysix wrote:Hi all! My son is asking for a PSP as a birthday gift. What should i know first before buying?
Brand new needed.
Thanks!

If you really want one with warranty then Toy Kingdom is your best bet even though they tend to be a bit more expensive but I guess it comes with the preace of mind that your unit is covered by a "big store" warranty.
Any ideas how much sa Toy Kingdom?
archet216
PlayStation
PlayStation

guys, im really pissed off today. kaninang 1 pm nagpunta ako sa isang mall dito sa pampanga para bumili ng mga accesories para sa aking pinakamamahal na psp, i bought a couple of accesories and a darkstaker games, it caused me about 6k for the whole thing that i bought. then i decided to may some surfing on the net so i headed to a internat cafe. at that time puno ang cafe so i had to wait for 30 mins to have my turn. para hindi ako mainip nilaro ko yung game na binili ko, then tinawag ako nung babae sa counter sabi may bakante na raw sa computer number 6. medyo masikip dun sa cafe kasi nga maraming tao. naka-back pack nga pala ako nun. bago ako umupo linagay ko sa bag ko yung psp (hindi ko pa inalis yung game sa loob ng umd drive) nandun lahat ng mga binili ko accdesories, plus yung airfoam case na binili ko pa nung nasa singapore pa ako. linapag ko yung bag sa floor sa tabi ng upuan ko. nakalog-on ako for 2 hours then nagsawa din ako sa pag iinternet i decided na umuwi na. nung tingnan ko yung back pack ko, wala na.... i tried searching pero wala din nangyari. i asked yung mga katabi ko, pero wala daw silang nakitang kumuha nung bag. nagsearch ako for 2 hours pero walang nangyari.
Janmyung
PlayStation
PlayStation

To ace_kit

Sorry about the thread earlier hehehe. Tagal na ko di napasyal dito simula nasira ps2 ko. Anyways, san nyo po nakita yung 2800 to 3400 na lens? Gusto ko na po kasi makapaglaro uli ng ps2 games kung sakali. Di ko na mahintay yung emu ng ps2. Sayang naman yung sira kong ps2, nakatambak lang.

earlier model po ps2 ko, ( 15000 ba or 18000 ) sorry po, cant remember. Basta yun yun. Type c na malamang bagsak ko. Thanks again.
Janmyung
PlayStation
PlayStation

Kamote_09 wrote:
ace_kit wrote:Heheh!

Sa may Virramall din ito. Pero kung hindi mo alam ang balita, closed for renovations ang Virramall so most shops transferred to Shoppesville.

Ito ang place kung saan maraming damit. Sa may likod ang Shoppesville...malapit sa Music Museum.

Hindi ko alam number nila eh.. so hindi ko ma-confirm yan dude.
Ito yung complete add:

EYO Sales & Technologies
Unit 29-30, Upper Level
Shoppesville Plus, Shoppesville Arcade
Greenhills, San Juan M.M.
Tel. No. 724-0755

kakagaling ko lang dyaan last week....just look sir eric (da best) and also prepare P1800 for modification...

Wow thanks. Lens po kaya sa kanya magkano? Salamat po.
Wcarpio
PlayStation
PlayStation

Guys any suggestions on where can you find repairs shops for PS1...matagal na kasing sira ang lens ko eh...sayang kasi...na-miss ko yun mga old games ko dito :D
Sa metro manila kung meron...thanks
Cheats_Master_23
PlayStation
PlayStation

Lordz what I said na 4000 yung bayad yun-yung sa problem ko.May sira kasi yung PS2 ko eh kaya pinatingin ko.Hindi yun-yung sa problem mo ok understand. :?
dan173
PlayStation
PlayStation

hi everyone , new here. my analog nub is broken. anyone here knows how to fix it or should i throw it and get me another one. help
dan173
PlayStation
PlayStation

It is not the nub, the entire stick is broken and the game doesn't respond to any movements now. I might send it to Singapore, sayang.