PlayStation 4 Firmware Thread

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Punyeta wala palang silbi itong X and O button mapping kung ganon... balik sanayan lang yan amp :lol:
kelunji
PlayStation
PlayStation

LENNUJ wrote: settings>accessibility>button assignments
bale wala din kasi sa menu maiiba mo nga settings ng buttons pag dating sa us games magiging circle yung confirm tapos x cancel :facepalm:
[/quote]

Salamat, oo nga wala rin silbi. Nakakairita kasi na it takes me at least 2 tries to do something everytime I finish playing DAI.
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: OinkMcOink

When It got released and I read the new features, I bought a PS4 the next day. Probably not a good Idea as the Button assignment isn't all its cracked up to be since I only buy R1 games. But still, nice playing BL2 on the big screen after playing it for hours on the Vita.
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

May silbi pala ng konti yung button assignment, sa mga first person shooters pwede mo i swap yung sprint button (L3) to L1 hahaha!
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

But..but.. I've grown accustomed to the L3.. :D
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

firmware Update 2.55 is up ..
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

z3kEn wrote:firmware Update 2.55 is up ..
System software stability during use of some features has been improved.
I wish developers could be a little bit descriptive with documentation. :)
xgh0st12x
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

haha! true. kahit bullet points man lang. although they do do it sometimes.
how big is the patch?
PSN ID (PS4): Gh0st0fSparta12 XBL GT (XB1): xgh0st12x NNID (WiiU): xgh0st12x
Pamilya, trabaho, ehersisyo, home tyeter, bidjo geyms. Copy paste hanggang kamatayan.
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

245.2 MB. According to one who has already installed it, those annoying Discover notifications are gone. Could be true, could be false.

Installing...
emcee
Rapid Reload
Rapid Reload
PSN ID: emcee321

Sorry for the question.. Same lang naman if OTA or via USB ang update dba? Wala namang mas ok?
PSN: emcee321
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

emcee wrote:Sorry for the question.. Same lang naman if OTA or via USB ang update dba? Wala namang mas ok?
Yup, been doing OTA since I got my PS4
emcee
Rapid Reload
Rapid Reload
PSN ID: emcee321

Have tried button assignment switch medyo confused kasi sa O to confirm eh, but sa game medyo nakalalito pala and sa tips kasi same press button sa screen pero as per settings changed iba.
PSN: emcee321
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

emcee wrote:Have tried button assignment switch medyo confused kasi sa O to confirm eh, but sa game medyo nakalalito pala and sa tips kasi same press button sa screen pero as per settings changed iba.
the game won't know you changed buttons, this is a system level change
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Events: A new hub for events has been added, giving an overview of activities taking place in the games you play most, as well as official broadcasts. For instance, you may see an update for a double XP weekend, a special enemy appearing at a scheduled time, or seasonal events like in-game towns being decorated for the winter.

YouTube live: PS4 owners will be able to live stream gameplay to YouTube. Live streams will be viewable across YouTube, including on the new YouTube Gaming mobile app and website.

Online storage capacity increase: PlayStation Plus members’ PS4 cloud storage capacity will increase from 1GB to 10GB

Favourite Groups: Favourite Groups has been added to the Friends app, letting you add new or existing groups as a Favorite Group and quickly access groups of people you like to play games with frequently. This will make the process of getting a game session up and running even easier.

Communities: PS4 users will have the ability to create communities based around shared interests, like games, genres and more. Communities include a message board with general discussion, screenshots shared by players and the ability to join parties or games. If you want to tackle a big multiplayer raid, but don’t have enough friends, this could be a great way to connect with other likeminded players.

Sharing video clips to Twitter: Users will have the ability to share video clips directly to Twitter. The maximum video length is 10 seconds, but you’ll have the ability to trim longer clips.

Live from PlayStation: We’ve added the ability for users to view popular broadcasts, video clips and screenshots on the Live From PlayStation area
Screenshots: We’ve listened to your feedback and we’re happy to confirm that PNG format is now an option for Screenshot saves

Now Playing: The Now Playing screen will display more information about what your friends are doing, and you’ll be able to quickly jump into a party, request a screen share, or jump to PlayStation Store to buy a game your friend is playing.

Request to watch: Want to view a friend’s gameplay session? Now you can send a ‘Request to Watch’ notification to a player, which will start a live broadcast or Share Play invitation to the person playing.

Stickers: Tired of typing out messages? With this update, you’ll be able to send stickers to friends through the messages.
alex042795
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: alex042795

Pano kaya malalaman kung na accept sa beta?
[RPHS] PSN: alex042795 -PS4/PSV/PS3
XBL: AlexPapaPH
NNID: alexpapaph
Switch FC: 7896-0448-2000

Solid Green and Gold
alex042795
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: alex042795

Nvm. Nag email na sila saken :2thumbs: 250 mb lang yung update...
[RPHS] PSN: alex042795 -PS4/PSV/PS3
XBL: AlexPapaPH
NNID: alexpapaph
Switch FC: 7896-0448-2000

Solid Green and Gold
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Screen captures can now be saved in PNG format, huzzah!

http://gearnuke.com/ps4-firmware-update ... re-action/#
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... ext-update
PlayStation 4 firmware update v3.50 includes a big new feature: PS4 Remote Play to PC and Mac.

The ability to stream PS4 gameplay to your home computer brings the Sony console's capabilities into line with Xbox One, which offers this with Windows 10.

There's no date yet for the roll-out of firmware v3.50, although Sony has said it will begin beta testing other features - not including Remote Play - from tomorrow.

Other features in v3.50 include - finally - the ability to be notified when friends come online and the ability to set yourself to appear offline.

You'll also be able to set a scheduled event - such as a gameplay session with friends, and set for specific people to be automatically added to a party.

Parties will be better supported with the ability to see what each Party member is playing so you can join in or start a new game together.

Finally, PS4 will allow you to stream live gameplay to Dailymotion.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

Pwede na siguro ito sa mga mas maganda pa ang display ng PC kesa TV. :D
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Biggest thing for me is the ability for appear offline.

The remote play stuff sounds cool in practice but I don't ever use these things. Cool for other people na may kaagaw sa tv though!

The party stuff sounds good din.

Overall solid update