PS3 games that won't work on sdtv's...

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
TNTPHX13
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: TNTPHX

Hey guys, I'm planning to buy a ps3 slim soon, is there any problems that might occur if I use it on my old Samsung Plano?

I'm hearing there are games that won't play on sdtv's, is this true?

if true, what games?

salamat!

:sweat:
I LOVE EMULATORS! BRINGS BACK MY CHILDHOOD MEMORIES!

CURRENTLY PLAYING ADVANCE WARS 2, NECTARIS and FIFA 12!
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

It's not true though there are games that look really really bad when played on an SDTV. I'm looking at you Fallout 3.
:bigmouth:
TNTPHX13
PlayStation
PlayStation

thanks for the info.

Bangkay
Snatcher
Snatcher
PSN ID: Homurro

Also, better not go into region 2 type of games or that was made for Europe countries if you're on SDTV. They're on PAL than NTSC (analog signal input that was being converted by their TV systems) thus it will make your game go black and white unless your TV comes from a PAL country too but if you're on HDTV, then its fine (HDTV nowadays has a feature that it automatically converts signals from NTSC or PAL, not sure if recent SDTV has this but most likely not)
I'm a buff baby that can dance like a man, I can shake-ah my fanny, I can shake-ah my can!
I'm a tough tootin' baby, I can punch-ah yo' buns! Punch-ah yo' buns, I can punch all yo' buns! If you're an evil witch, I will punch you for fun!

PSN: Homurro
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

and if you're going to get an asian ps3, get the hong kong version, not the singapore one. singapore units are pal. hong kong are ntsc.
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
TNTPHX13
PlayStation
PlayStation

Daniel wrote:and if you're going to get an asian ps3, get the hong kong version, not the singapore one. singapore units are pal. hong kong are ntsc.
thanks for the info once again,

:2thumbs:

seymour
Tail of the Sun
Tail of the Sun
Location: inside Division. Can be seen in Winterfell at times...

Bangkay wrote:Also, better not go into region 2 type of games or that was made for Europe countries if you're on SDTV. They're on PAL than NTSC (analog signal input that was being converted by their TV systems) thus it will make your game go black and white unless your TV comes from a PAL country too but if you're on HDTV, then its fine (HDTV nowadays has a feature that it automatically converts signals from NTSC or PAL, not sure if recent SDTV has this but most likely not)

bro nowadays kahit SDTV basta late 90's na produce eh multisystem na (either PAL or NTSC will work and not black and white).
"Get up and take a step.. Move forward. You've got two fine legs with you..." -Edward Elric (FMA-Brotherhood)
TNTPHX13
PlayStation
PlayStation

Does Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim run smoothly on sdtv's?

thanks.

TurnBased
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: twolfkg

^kahit sa HDTV Skyrim doesn't run smoothly on PS3 bwahahaha :bigmouth: :bigmouth: :bigmouth:
PSN ID: twolfkg / TurnBasedPPS
3DS FC: 4468-1101-2937
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

TurnBased wrote:^kahit sa HDTV Skyrim doesn't run smoothly on PS3 bwahahaha :bigmouth: :bigmouth: :bigmouth:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:bigmouth:
squall_leonhart
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jcmarcy_15

also, be sure to check if your SDTV is multi-system. if yes, wala kang problem whatever the game's region is. pero again, para sigurado, regions 1 and 3 lang bilhin mo (NTSC).

happy gaming! :agree:
PSN ID: jcmarcy_15
Platinum Count: 21

Currently Playing: MGSV The Phantom Pain