what's your religion?

Talk about things other than video games. What are your other hobbies? What's your favorite TV show? Are you into sports. Any recommended restaurants? Do you travel?
VincH
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

meron pa bang ibang gods na humble at nagtuturo ng kabutihan bukod kay Jesus?
saaaandaliiiii laaaaannnggg!!!
choy
hype lang
PSN ID: choyPSX

VincH wrote:meron pa bang ibang gods na humble at nagtuturo ng kabutihan bukod kay Jesus?
not by my recollection. all gods back then were vengeful and demanded worship while they themselves were nothing more than hormonally charged teens.

its an interesting fact to discern what is real and what is not real.

even in Buddhism where material detachment is taught, the end-all be-all is personal gain through enlightenment rather than salvation for all.
<( )> You have earned a trophy.
_/ \_ Hype lang yan

All form, no substance

Currently playing Gran Turismo 5
Swine
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

kirsh_natural wrote:OYG! Nabuhay na naman itong thread na ito. Padaan lang! :agree: :bigmouth:
amen brother... :evilsmile: :bigmouth:

Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix
PSN ID: rairaiken20

i think may god pa din wala lang true religion talaga
[bps3 shirts for sale just msg. me for info[/b]
choy
hype lang

rairaiken20 wrote:i think may god pa din wala lang true religion talaga
if there is no true religion, how do you worship the true God?
<( )> You have earned a trophy.
_/ \_ Hype lang yan

All form, no substance

Currently playing Gran Turismo 5
Xezcente
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Xezcente

I think rairaiken20 is more on the agnostic side. Me on the other hand, well, I do believe in God to some extent, I just don't follow a certain religion right now.
VincH
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I just had a debate w/ atheists on another pinoy site last week. I am the only believer and there are many of them against me. guess what? Ive pwned all of them! too bad that thread was deleted. it could also be used as a reference and an expose how "kitid" the thinking of the atheists there. probably its because one of the atheists there Ive pwned big time was a mod. after that thread was deleted, I made a comment about how Ive pwned all the atheist on another thread and after that it was automatically deleted. we are talking about the contradictions of the bible :smiley: :agree:
VincH
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Why is it foolish to make science as a basis for the nonexistent of God? Science is not certain. What is true today may not be true later. There are lots of times that science had committed mistakes. Scientific claims are just made by man, and man commits mistakes. Science may prove that God didn't exists, but after a few years it may claim that existence of God is plausible. Same as proving the existence of God through science.

If that is the case, what should be our basis for proving the existence of God? For me, its reality. If the bible matches reality, then the bible is authentic, then God the creator of all is real. Reality is not science. Reality is certain, science is not. Another way is logic.

Dont exert effort studying science just to prove the nonexistent of God. It is a waste of your time and effort. It is better to just enjoy life and look at the bright sides of you life.
Last edited by VincH on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xezcente
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Xezcente

Nicely said. :agree:

As for me, I think religion helps our society. Diba, it teaches good morals and kindness that we learn from the Bible, so I see no harm in that and yet I met people who thinks religion makes you go bonkers..

Me? I reserve judgment sa existence of a higher being.

"absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

Well, faith is not one of my better characteristics as a person, but doesn't mean I ain't trying.
VincH
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Genesis 6:3
[3] And God said: My spirit shall not remain in man for ever, because he is flesh, and his days shall be a hundred and twenty years.

Oldest people documented
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldest_people

did the bible matched reality?
does it make the bible authentic?
if the bible is authentic, then God is real.

more to come.

:agree:
VincH
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

As for me, I think religion helps our society. Diba, it teaches good morals and kindness that we learn from the Bible, so I see no harm in that and yet I met people who thinks religion makes you go bonkers..
Atheists who blames religion as the reason why there is violence and destabilization are not open minded!!!

if religion is to be blame for the evil doings of the Earth, then we can blame science as the reason for the destruction of the Earth.

lahat ng atheists sa isang site walang masabi dito :agree:
VincH
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

The holy bible was written milleniums ago. It made a claim back then that doesnt make sense that time, the Earth was hanging from nothing. It is the only book known to man to have made a claim during those times.

Jobs 26:6-10
[6] Hell is naked before him, and there is no covering for destruction. [7] He stretched out the north over the empty space, and hangeth the earth upon nothing. [8] He bindeth up the waters in his clouds, so that they break not out and fall down together. [9] He withholdeth the face of his throne, and spreadeth his cloud over it. [10] He hath set bounds about the waters, till light and darkness come to an end.

Notice the verse 7. Many have raised eyebrows about this claim. It was only recently proven when man learns to journey outside space and take photographs.

That's it! A visual proof for those "to see is to believe" guys was just taken recently during the 19th century.

Is there any other books out there that is older than the bible that made this claim undoubtedly and fearlessly as if to say "I know it"? does this bible claim matched reality? If it is, does it make the bible authentic?

Isiah 46:9-10
9Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, 10Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
luigipen
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: IggyHK

hindi ako atheist or anything, pero may tanong lang ako...

baket parang nag cocontradict ata yung sinabi ni God sa bible na hanggang 120 years lang ang buhay ng tao, and si methuselah (969 years and 7 days old)

i think i remember na possible ata na symbolism or code yang 969 years? or baka iba yung pag measure nila ng time dati? like for example, siguro ang 900 years sa kanila is uhh... kunwari around 80 years satin or something like that.

hindi ko alam kung ano yung tama hehe :ashamed:
SUPPORT THE PHILIPPINE 2D FIGHTING SCENE! http://www.pinoy2dfighters.com/
SirZap
Big Daddy
PSN ID: SirZapp

Metuselah lived before Noah. when God declared the 120 years lifespan it was after Noah's time.
1 possibility is that iba ang climate before the flood.
Like · Comment · Share
You and 101 others like this.
Eric_R
Silver6
PSN ID: RED_1

The other posibility is that the calendar years maybe different from what was used later on.
for example, Mayans have different calendar from Greeks and Romans. :agree:

I also wanted to share what I just found out in the recent months. Even the science world is divided when it comes to evidence of God. There are the "Atheists", the group we are all familiar with who does not believe that a supreme being exists and responsible for all creations. The other group are the "Creationists", whom believed and have evidence through ancient artifacts and scriptures. That all of us are products of "intelligent design" and did not just happened as accidents.
::: Colony 102176 :::
VincH
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

baket parang nag cocontradict ata yung sinabi ni God sa bible na hanggang 120 years lang ang buhay ng tao, and si methuselah (969 years and 7 days old)
this
Metuselah lived before Noah. when God declared the 120 years lifespan it was after Noah's time
proof that the bible did not contradict itself:

120 years of life was announced in genesis 6
Genesis 6:3
[3] And God said: My spirit shall not remain in man for ever, because he is flesh, and his days shall be a hundred and twenty years.

Noah died at the age of 950 as mentioned in genesis 9:29
29And all the days of Noah were nine hundred and fifty years: and he died.

some may misled because Noah died at the age of more than 120 years after God announced the 120 years of life. look at this verse in genesis 5

32 And Noah was five hundred years old: And Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

so that means
Metuselah lived before Noah. when God declared the 120 years lifespan it was after Noah's time
no contradiction at all :agree:
luigipen
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: IggyHK

thanks sa mga explanation nyo
SUPPORT THE PHILIPPINE 2D FIGHTING SCENE! http://www.pinoy2dfighters.com/
VincH
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

For many years, the only known Lysanius was one who had been executed in 36 BC - sixty years before the date given by Luke. Skeptical scholars mocked Luke's historical inaccuracy.

But now two Greek inscriptions from Abila, northwest of Damascus, have been found, which prove there was a 'Lysanius the ruler' between the years AD 14 and 29.

Before the discovery of King Sargon, that name can only be found in the bible. There is no other ancient literature in history that mentioned the name of King Sargon. This made the critics doubt the authenticity of the bible. King Sargon was just recently discovered in the 18th century.

Other artifacts such as the Dead Sea scrolls and the house of David inscriptions were just discovered in the 19th century.

If the bible is just a false book, why is it talking about real people and real places? And why is the bible the one who claimed these names first?

Once again, the bible matched reality.

:agree:
VincH
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Every man has a "seal". It is the bible that the first one to talk about it. What is the "seal" I'm talking about.

Jobs 37:5-7
5God thundereth marvellously with his voice; great things doeth he, which we cannot comprehend.

6For he saith to the snow, Be thou on the earth; likewise to the small rain, and to the great rain of his strength.

7He sealeth up the hand of every man; that all men may know his work.

He placed a "seal" in each of every man's hands. Way back then nobody has no idea what this "seal" in our hands was. It was only recently that these "seals" in our hands have been accepted by our society to identify a man. What is this "seals" in our hand? Look at your hand. It has fingerprints!

According to Francis Galton, a scientist who documented fingerprints in the 18th century, the chances of having a same fingerprints in every man is 1 is to 64 billion! Today, the total world population is just over 6 billion. It will take lots of time for the world to make it over 64 billion in population, and we know that 64 billion of population will not fit the Earth. It is impossible, which also means the chances of having 2 same fingerprints is impossible! Even in twins, identical twins, siamese twins and any other kind of twins, meaning, every human is unique! You are unique!

Once again, another biblical claim matched reality. Once again, this verse makes sense.

Isiah 46:9-10
9Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, 10Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Is there any other ancient book that can do this?

gumawa na lang ako ng blog, lol.

http://bibleproofs.blogspot.com/
VincH
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

walang bang kokontra? mukhang accepted concrete evidences ito na tama ang bibliya. still, they can say it is not enough.

atheist doest have any concrete scientific proof that a creator (not just in the bible) doesnt exists but they claim there is no creator.

kung naniniwala ka sa may konkretong ebidensya, nasa tamang pagiisip ka. kapag naniwala ka sa walang anumang konkretong ebidensya, may problema sayo. :agree: