"UFC/MMA Thread"

Talk about things other than video games. What are your other hobbies? What's your favorite TV show? Are you into sports. Any recommended restaurants? Do you travel?
akosidirv
Resident Evil
Resident Evil
PSN ID: akosidirv

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/01/02/r ... r-ufc-129/

Machida vs Couture to face off at UFC 129

The main event kanina was for me the greatest 155 title fight in UFC History

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Flip MMA
Cerv-Clash
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Cerv-Clash

joey_ed27 wrote:More than the broken nose. The slaps and taunts in between the beatdown was humiliating for Vera. Thats it for him in the UFC :grumpy: I hope Thiago get's f**ked up on his next fight.
I would've done the same thing,to wake up my opponent.The slaps aren't just for taunting it can disorient and catch the opponent off guard,humiliation is just a bonus.

I favored Clay to win because of his chin but I didn't think he would get a submission and I'm so glad that Kim beat Diaz I was really 50-50,it was a great grappling match Judo represent!As for Stann-Leben I just can't get over it.I'll quote it again "Sometimes hype just ain't enough" :clap:
http://pinoyps.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t ... 22#p813822
"If you're not going after your dreams, you merely just exist"
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

no one was really hyping leben up though. he had a great two week stretch where he beat aaron simpson who is pretty tough and akiyama. I think everyone knows he's a gatekeeper, he's never really going to be a contender.
nyll47
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: nyll47

ron_bato wrote:How did you score the fight? I scored the 1st and 3rd for gray. 1st round was 10-8. rounds 2, 4 and 5 for edgar. That makes it a draw for me. Maganda na sa ganito si Edgar at Maynard na sana ultimate fighter coaches para sa rubber match nila. Kaso papano na si Anthony Pettis? Haha, ang gulo! Ano kaya gagawin ni DW?

Ganda ng laban! I thought edgar was done in the first round.
Agree :agree: 1st and 3rd round kay Maynard 5th round is close could have gone either way. Nice way to start 2011 action packed den yung mga laban.

P.S. I think Vera should follow Chuck's footsteps and retire. Nakakaawa siya kanina and hinde na biro yung mga injuries niya, 1st broken orbital bone tapos ngayon yung ilong naman niya. Si Richard ang dapat sisihen :bigmouth:
PS3 40GB 10/19/08-3/27/10

PSN: nyll47

Easiest way to earn online: http://www.neobux.com/?r=rnyll47
PSNomad
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jpodg27

^Kinuha ng GMA lahat ng skills ni Vera! :bigmouth:
[RP] jpodg27

"No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord."
- Deuteronomy 23:1
michaelmyers24
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: michaelmyers24

ron_bato wrote:How did you score the fight? I scored the 1st and 3rd for gray. 1st round was 10-8. rounds 2, 4 and 5 for edgar. That makes it a draw for me. Maganda na sa ganito si Edgar at Maynard na sana ultimate fighter coaches para sa rubber match nila. Kaso papano na si Anthony Pettis? Haha, ang gulo! Ano kaya gagawin ni DW?

Ganda ng laban! I thought edgar was done in the first round.
Halos pareho tayo but I gave the last round for Maynard. I gave round 1,3 and 5 for him with the first round being a 10-8 round. Pumasok na din sa isip ko yung possibility ng draw sa start ng 5th round, I thought if Frankie gets this round pwede talaga mag draw dahil 47-47 sila nun. Pero mas lamang sakin na mananalo si Gray, I didn't expect na draw nga lalabas. :loco:
Posible kaya interim? Yun nga lang unfair kay Pettis since may UFC title na sila Dominic and Jose Aldo. I say give Pettis his shot then fight Maynard if he wins.

Nakaka disappoint performance ni Vera... Yun lang. :sigh:
"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me."

PSN ID: michaelmyers24

<(_)> You have earned a trophy.
_/_\_ Tissue Addict

Napupuno ng tissue ang trashcan sa kwarto araw-araw.

[MNYK]
PSNomad
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jpodg27

^Yun ang nakakabadtrip kay Vera e. Parang walang kaeffort-effort na baguhin yung takbo ng laban. Pag hindi in favor sa kanya yung nangyayari, wala na survival mode nalang palagi. Humiga nalang siya sa ground e. Di man nag-attempt kahit isa to explode with the hips para itulak si Thiago. He deserved the slapping and broken nose. :bigmouth:

Wake-up call kay Leben na hindi magtiwala palagi sa chin. Sana hindi muna siya mag-end up tulad ni Liddell na may shutdown button na sa chin. :bigmouth:
[RP] jpodg27

"No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord."
- Deuteronomy 23:1
joey_ed27
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: JOEY_ed27

Cerv-Clash wrote:
joey_ed27 wrote:More than the broken nose. The slaps and taunts in between the beatdown was humiliating for Vera. Thats it for him in the UFC :grumpy: I hope Thiago get's f**ked up on his next fight.
I would've done the same thing,to wake up my opponent.The slaps aren't just for taunting it can disorient and catch the opponent off guard,humiliation is just a bonus.

I favored Clay to win because of his chin but I didn't think he would get a submission and I'm so glad that Kim beat Diaz I was really 50-50,it was a great grappling match Judo represent!As for Stann-Leben I just can't get over it.I'll quote it again "Sometimes hype just ain't enough" :clap:
Still dont agree with it though. It wasnt as though Vera was running away from him. Vera was already pinned down against the cage, with no defense except to cover his face and tie up one arm. That should have been a stoppage win in my opinion.

Anyway great main event. Definitely warrants a 3rd encounter. Edgar has tremendous heart and fighting instincts. Maynard though is a beast at lightweight. I dont think Edgar can put the bully to sleep, except if he catches him with a kick or knee. On the other hand Maynard will always be one punch away from a win. You can see that both camps really prepared well. In as much as I was already impressed with Frankie's boxing. I was actually surprised that Maynard's stand up was pretty solid.

Grey's confidence though going to a third fight would be at an all time high.
RouenFSA
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: owen31788

about the vera-silva fight

Silva is the better and stronger grappler, so he went where Vera was having a hard time, he put Vera on his back.
most of Vera's losses he has been mounted and got pummeled. Stand up I see a different scenario. Vera would easily pick Silva apart with his striking the only chance Silva would win a stand fight is a puncher's chance but still its MMA not kickboxing.

The frustrating part about Vera was he didn't even tried to improve his takedown defense and his Jiu-jitsu
PS4 JP 500gb - 05/04/14
PS3 Slim CECH-2012A 120GB - 11/22/09
PS3 CECHG06 - DEAD AGAIN! - 3/20/12

PSN ID US: owen31788
PSN ID AS: owenfrancis17

Twitter! || Facebook!
"Keep your job, I'll take may attitude"
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Well, it's day two and so far Vera has not been cut yet. Si Baroni pa lang so far. Hopefully he gets one more shot. Jardine got up until 4 fights before he got cut, matt brown is still in the UFC after losing 3 straight. We'll see.

Sonnen is in legal trouble again this time for a money laundering case back in 2006, he pleaded guilty today and could face up to 20 years in prison or a 500,000 fine. He is fighting akiyama on ufc 128 though. (I would suspect this could be up in the air until his sentencing)

Bocek vs Benson Henderson UFC 129, GSP vs Shields UFC 129. Matt Brown gets one more shot on UFC on Versus 3. And Donald Cerrone steps in for Sam Stout against Paul Kelly on UFC 127 or 128 i think.

Excited to see Bendo in the UFC. Bocek is sick on the ground though, hopefully Bendo comes out on top! Sana manalo si Matt Brown :)
xiv
Resident Evil
Resident Evil
PSN ID: hadesxiv

Very should really hang up his gloves and quit MMA and focus only on Kick Boxing or Muay Thai. :clap: :agree:
psn: hadezxiv (us) | haidsxiv (asian-hk)
console: PS4 Slim 500GB jetblack
francis_1787
Silverload
Silverload
PSN ID: franzco

silva shouldn't have done what he did. it was definitely uncalled for. vera was covering his face. if thiago wanted to create an opening, he should have just punched brandon's body which was open or he could have just stood up and attempt to take him down again since he wasn't having a hard time taking him down. pressed against the cage with his back against his opponent, there was not really much vera could have done to attack from that position but to use his elbows. instead, he chose to defend himself. though i wasn't surprised with how silva acted since he reacted similarly during the rashad fight when rashad kept bringing the fight to the ground when thiago wanted to stand and bang. he gets frustrated easily and chooses to provoke his enemy if he can't advance from his position instead of working with what he has.

at the end of the day, it was vera's fault for not covering all his bases. he thought (well i assumed as well) that thiago would just stand with him. makes me wonder why fans blame GSP when his fights end up on the ground when it's his opponents' fault for not preventing it in the first place when we all know that's what he's gonna do anyway.
Diablo 3 Battletag: franzco#6706
Steam Id: legen-dairy

Currently Playing: Diablo 3, DOTA 2, Marvel Heroes
nagashitty
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

ok lang yung ginawa ni silva, para naman mabawasan yung kabadingan ni vera. lol. seriously, naiinis na ako kay vera. :grrr:
i said good day sir!
francis_1787
Silverload
Silverload

ako naiinis na rin. he keeps saying that "'the truth' is back" before every match then we find out that he's not. :facepalm: :grumpy: :sigh:

Cerv-Clash
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Cerv-Clash

ron_bato wrote:Well, it's day two and so far Vera has not been cut yet. Si Baroni pa lang so far. Hopefully he gets one more shot. Jardine got up until 4 fights before he got cut, matt brown is still in the UFC after losing 3 straight. We'll see.

Sonnen is in legal trouble again this time for a money laundering case back in 2006, he pleaded guilty today and could face up to 20 years in prison or a 500,000 fine. He is fighting akiyama on ufc 128 though. (I would suspect this could be up in the air until his sentencing)

Bocek vs Benson Henderson UFC 129, GSP vs Shields UFC 129. Matt Brown gets one more shot on UFC on Versus 3. And Donald Cerrone steps in for Sam Stout against Paul Kelly on UFC 127 or 128 i think.

Excited to see Bendo in the UFC. Bocek is sick on the ground though, hopefully Bendo comes out on top! Sana manalo si Matt Brown :)
aww...A fight with two of my top ten guys? it would be awesome(even though they each have their respective haters)

Buti pa ko ktayo nainis kay Vera,yung mga kaibigan ko na MMA fans still love him at nainis nalang kay Thiago,I keep telling them that I would've done the same thing if my opponent disrespects me by not putting in the effort. :facepalm:
Dapat sa Bully Beatdown nalang si Vera (Yes Mayhem fan na ko :rofl: )
http://pinoyps.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t ... 22#p813822
"If you're not going after your dreams, you merely just exist"
xiv
Resident Evil
Resident Evil
PSN ID: hadesxiv

francis_1787 wrote:ako naiinis na rin. he keeps saying that "'the truth' is back" before every match then we find out that he's not. :facepalm: :grumpy: :sigh:
the truth is "the truth" is finished... :agree:
psn: hadezxiv (us) | haidsxiv (asian-hk)
console: PS4 Slim 500GB jetblack
francis_1787
Silverload
Silverload

francis_1787
Silverload
Silverload

whoa! :whoa: i'm ecstatic about this one!

parang di naman masyadong halata na pinagtatapat nila si fedor and overeem. pero i don't mind! :partyhat:

RAYANT8
Hardcore Gamer
PSN ID: xxRAYANT8xx

^^ayos ganda niyan...kelan start?

@Sonnen: ampf ayusin mo buhay mo...hinihintay kona yung rematch kay Silva eh
joey_ed27
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: JOEY_ed27

francis_1787 wrote:whoa! :whoa: i'm ecstatic about this one!

parang di naman masyadong halata na pinagtatapat nila si fedor and overeem. pero i don't mind! :partyhat:

Great fights. I initial was skeptical kung bakit napaka "deep" naman yata ng bracket nina Fedor, Werdun, Overeem. :whoa:

But on the bright side. It only means we are sure to get those dream fights right away rather than hope no one gets an upset.. :clap: