"UFC/MMA Thread"

Talk about things other than video games. What are your other hobbies? What's your favorite TV show? Are you into sports. Any recommended restaurants? Do you travel?
Cerv-Clash
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Cerv-Clash

^Cut na si Gonzaga.I read before they were planning to feed Roy Nelson to him
PSNomad wrote:First fight ni Chuck versus Rampage sa Pride sa pagkaka-alala ko natalo siya by wrestling. Simula nung 2nd loss niya with his belt dun na nagsimula losing streak niya e. :bigmouth:

Wanderlei Silva and Sonnen ba coaches? Magaling na ba mag-English si Wandy? :bigmouth:
Big Nog was a coach before...kaya yan
http://pinoyps.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t ... 22#p813822
"If you're not going after your dreams, you merely just exist"
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

akosidirv wrote:Overeem yeah he's a beast dahil sa roids, but in PRIDE para siyang nasa level ni Leben, gatekeeper at best, Vitor nun was on an abyssmal stretch, before chuck he lost to some guys in Pride na tipong so so lang, Chuck is a legend, though we can assume it's because of good matchmaking, adn ang LHW at HW ng UFC dati ay so so during his reign
ano kinalaman ng UFC HW division kay Chuck? Wanderlei was also favored in his match-making in Japan, he did fight Arona, Rampage, Mirko, Hendo, but in between those fights puro Japanese cans kalaban nya. Chuck fought at a time where the LHW division of the UFC is so-so compared to now, but still he was legit and he took on legit competition at the time. Tito was still relevant, and Randy was a beast at LHW.
PSNomad
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jpodg27

Takte kakagising ko lang at nagmadali pa ko buksan computer akala ko ngayon na yung event bukas pa pala. :bigmouth:
[RP] jpodg27

"No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord."
- Deuteronomy 23:1
akosidirv
Resident Evil
Resident Evil
PSN ID: akosidirv

Eto lang ha,I know the guy is a legend, I know he had a godd reign, pero di lang ako nagsasabi na he was matched up more against strikers, Couture was a beast at LHW pwede, but during Randy and Chuck's reign sa UFC LHW division, over in Japan, there was Wandy, Rampage, Shogun, Arona, Li'l Nog and Yoshida, I'm not discrediting Chuck and I know most fans like the guy, he was just not a guy labeled as the most exciting guy to fight, I'm not arguing about credentials, i'm just pointing out he looked good, because his opponents fit to his style, grapplers, with ok striking, and if they cannot take down chuck they get KO'd. I'm not arguing ah I know he's a legend, but he was the UFC's poster boy, he made to look good and very credible

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Flip MMA
RAYANT8
Hardcore Gamer
PSN ID: xxRAYANT8xx

It's New Year Let's Start the Year with a BANG! in UFC 125 Resolution...My Picks:

Edgar vs. Maynard - Edgar via UD (but both can go either way)
Leben vs. Stann - Leben via KO
Vera vs. Silva - Thiago via KO (but i like Vera to win to stay in the UFC)
Diaz vs. Kim - Diaz via submission
Guida vs. Gomi - i like both fighters but I think Gomi via TKO (possible FOTN)
Davis vs. Stephens - Davis via UD
PSNomad
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jpodg27

akosidirv wrote:Eto lang ha,I know the guy is a legend, I know he had a godd reign, pero di lang ako nagsasabi na he was matched up more against strikers, Couture was a beast at LHW pwede, but during Randy and Chuck's reign sa UFC LHW division, over in Japan, there was Wandy, Rampage, Shogun, Arona, Li'l Nog and Yoshida, I'm not discrediting Chuck and I know most fans like the guy, he was just not a guy labeled as the most exciting guy to fight, I'm not arguing about credentials, i'm just pointing out he looked good, because his opponents fit to his style, grapplers, with ok striking, and if they cannot take down chuck they get KO'd. I'm not arguing ah I know he's a legend, but he was the UFC's poster boy, he made to look good and very credible
Oo nga no? Binalikan ko yung mga nakalaban ni Chuck wala palang striker na same caliber niya. Di pa yata ganun kapulido boxing ni Rampage noon pero natalo siya sa wrestling. Lately nalang niya nalabanan si Wanderlei, Rich tsaka Shogun.

Kung nagkatapat-tapat sana sila noong prime ni Chuck nakita natin kung sino ang mas mahusay na stiker.

Mga natatandaan kong mga lumang laban ni Chuck sa grapplers;

Tito Ortiz x2 (wrestler)
Randy Couture x3 (wrestler)
Renato Sobral x2 (grappler)
Jeremy Horn x2 (grappler)
Vernon White (grappler)
Kevin Randleman (wrestler)
[RP] jpodg27

"No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord."
- Deuteronomy 23:1
breadhauz538
Myst
Myst

Good luck kay vera! wag muna siya matanggal sa ufc kahit mukhang papatayin siya ni thiago. :D
Ang espasyo na to ay hindi dapat ginagamit para mag yabang.
Cerv-Clash
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Vera's more of an underdog than Edgar :rofl: even his own countrymen are betting against him :bigmouth:
that's when you know he should BRING IT!
badsector
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

papalabas ba sa balls 'to? what time?
PS3 320GB Asian
PSN ID: Badsector101
RouenFSA
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: owen31788

Sayang si Gomi...
PS4 JP 500gb - 05/04/14
PS3 Slim CECH-2012A 120GB - 11/22/09
PS3 CECHG06 - DEAD AGAIN! - 3/20/12

PSN ID US: owen31788
PSN ID AS: owenfrancis17

Twitter! || Facebook!
"Keep your job, I'll take may attitude"
Cerv-Clash
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

badsector wrote:papalabas ba sa balls 'to? what time?
Ngayon na
SPOILERS
Sayang si Vera,sabog siya ata eh,pinilit talaga yung clinch,he isn't attacking when he's off his back,he isn't working to stand up either and when he got to stand up he couldn't capitalize.His corner isn't helping him either,It's been his problem ever since his mindset and with cornermen that just watch the audience can help him more :facepalm:

On the other side,good job by Thiago since he's such an effective striker,we forget about his other parts.I just learned he was a BJJ black belt now. :rofl:
TheFlash
Cyber Sled
Cyber Sled
PSN ID: lahingpinoy(US)

sorry loss for brandon vera he wanted to exchange strikes but thiago is just too powerful for him in the ground .. im impress with thiago silva he doesnt seem bother by the long absence and ring rust because of his back injury he is now 100% healthy again.. i dont know what's next for brandon his MMA career is really declining
If you train hard the fight is easy.. - Manny Pacquiao

Psn ID- lahingpinoy(US)/ thepinoyflash(HK)
Ps3 CECHL12 80GB / 40' Samsung series 5
Games: UFC Undisputed 2010 , Red Dead Redemption, NBA 2K11
Boxing is my passion
Cerv-Clash
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Siguro Strikeforce nalang?

Man I didn't expect Brian Stann bring the fight to Leben.Well as the saying goes "Sometimes hype just ain't enough"
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

How did you score the fight? I scored the 1st and 3rd for gray. 1st round was 10-8. rounds 2, 4 and 5 for edgar. That makes it a draw for me. Maganda na sa ganito si Edgar at Maynard na sana ultimate fighter coaches para sa rubber match nila. Kaso papano na si Anthony Pettis? Haha, ang gulo! Ano kaya gagawin ni DW?

Ganda ng laban! I thought edgar was done in the first round.
francis_1787
Silverload
Silverload
PSN ID: franzco

i'm very impressed with frankie for recovering from that onslaught in the first round. he definitely won rounds 2 and 4. maynard got the 3rd. 5th round could have gone either way but personally, i think it was frankie's.

so that makes it 10-8, 8-9, 9-8, 8-9, 9-8.

i just hope that they give maynard an immediate rematch.

overall, it was a pretty disappointing event. brandon lost, main event ended in a draw.
PSN ID: franzco
Diablo 3 Battletag: franzco#6706
Steam Id: legen-dairy

Currently Playing: Diablo 3, DOTA 2, Marvel Heroes
Cerv-Clash
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

for me it would be 1st for Gray.2nd,3rd and 4th for Edgar.I'm tied for 5 round though.I still think Edgar won the fight but I wouldn't blame the judges.I just hate draws since you know the rematch would be different(it always is in MMA,3-4 months later will always be different than the original)

I also thought Frankie was done,wow it just shows the story that the 1st round was like the continuation of their last fight.The 2nd onwards was completely different.
ServiceStar
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: US: xBigticketx R3: xFreedomJusticex

ngayon lang ako nakakita ng draw. :facepalm: . grabe yung heart na pinakita ni edgar. siguro yung score ng isang judge sa first round ay 10-6 (pwede ba yun?) para kay maynard tapos yung 2nd to 5th round ay 10-9 (Fe).
TIME TO LOCK AND LOAD
Keep It Classy!!!
Add me up
PSN ID's:
US: xBigticketx
HK: FreedomJustice
CAD: PhantomTicket
joey_ed27
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: JOEY_ed27

More than the broken nose. The slaps and taunts in between the beatdown was humiliating for Vera. Thats it for him in the UFC :grumpy: I hope Thiago get's f**ked up on his next fight.
RAYANT8
Hardcore Gamer

talo lahat predictions ko except Thiago hahaha...

Draw? WTH! Maynard bullied Edgar in the first round *I thought he's done*...dapat 10-8 or less yun how come 10-9? & I believe Maynard won the 1st,3rd & maybe 5th round

I underestimated the power of Stann...WEC kasi now I know what he's capable of...

that was a nasty broken nose...goodbye Vera...

Weak mo Gomi kaka-inis akala ko legit contender ka sa belt...laki improvement ni Clay good job

Great Card!
RAYANT8
Hardcore Gamer

sabagay ok narin yung Draw...ganda ng laban eh Fight of the Year Material ...yung Rematch nito sigurado more intense :agree: