Civilization V

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Xanshi

^^Quick expansion is the way to go... If you don't settle on lands immediately yung capital city mo will eat up your gold. Lakas ng maintenance fee ng high end buildings. To remedy this you need to have cities where you focus on building up trade routes, banks and other gold producing buildings.
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Gundam Extreme Vs and The Witcher 2

"A mild manner Accountant by day, A Gamer by night"
himura_drew
Cosmic Race
Cosmic Race
PSN ID: himuradrew

Hehehe..

Just found out last night na ok pala Japan if you want win by domination.

Ganda ng bonus ng mga military units nila - full defense and strength kahit hindi di full health.
PSN ID: himuradrew

Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NS)
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^^I also use Japan...

Fantasy Gamer
Judge Magister Supreme
PSN ID: Fantasy_GamerX

Kagabi, US ang sinubukan ko, although in the past China (Civ 1-3) at Egypt at England (Civ4) ang mga paborito ko.

"A SOLDIER First Class performs above and beyond the call of duty at all times." --- Angeal Hewley, CCFFVII
Lawyer • Gamer • Lover • Father
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Egypt ang una ginamit ko. Natalo ako kaagad (di ko pa kabisado yung bagong mechanics). After a few games I went Japan.

Right now I still playing a game that I been playing for 2 nights in a row.

I have 8 cities, 5 of them are connected to the capital (2 are newly formed). While the last 3 are separated because I wanted to get all the gemstone mines in the area.

Focused on building my cities rather than building wonders. With the exception Pyramids (50% efficiency on workers), Great Library (1 free tech), Oracle (1 free policy) have vaulted me rapidly as an advanced civilization.

Most of my policies have been spend on Liberty, Piety and Freedom. Which focuses on quickly to get a Golden age for my civilization and increasing my chances on getting great people. Obviously the goal was to be ahead of the other civilization.

Right now I nearing Industrial age while others are the middle Renaissance age. Military wise, I only have crossbowmen garrison on cities and a few samurai's patrolling the area. But I can build Musketeer and cannons.

Science and Culture are high. Gold reserves are around 500+.

But my biggest problems is that Happiness is -1 and my Gold gain is only +7. If I started building Military units, I'll probably won't be able to maintain them because of my low gold gain. I was thinking of building roads to build trade routes. But that also cost so gold to maintain. Hopefully the new cities will help me alleviate the gold problem, once I started building banks and markets.

My biggest concern is how am able to defend myself if they started focusing on me.

Egypt and China are at my doorstep. Thankfully all the area hasn't been occupied yet. If it was, either they start attacking me or start to conquer the 4 city states that have survived because I was in near proximity.

Right now I don't know what are the right decision I should make. But I have started to understand how the game mechanics to work.

jaypee24
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22

mga bros is this the same as civ4 revolution on ps3? hindi ko kasi natrip yung civ4 revolution sa ps3 kaya nanghihinayang ako bumili..

by the way may multiplayer din ba ito?
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Civ Revolution was a simplified version Civilization. It nowhere near the Civilization games in PC.

If you have played any of the previous Civilization games, then you'll feel right at home with Civilization 5.

And yes there is MP mode, I wouldn't go near with it. SP games takes long to complete, how about against human players....

Fantasy Gamer
Judge Magister Supreme

Mamaya try ko na seryosohin yung game. Anong difficulty level nyo? Prince nilalaro ko usually eh.

"A SOLDIER First Class performs above and beyond the call of duty at all times." --- Angeal Hewley, CCFFVII
jaypee24

thanks for the info sir xanshi alrighty then this is must must must must buy for me, I am always a fan on strategy games :agree:
Fantasy Gamer
Judge Magister Supreme

Nagsimula na ako magsave ng file... Asar. Mag-isa ko lang sa isang continent at isang city-state. Yung ibang bansa nasa ibang continents. Di ako makakaexperience ng war sa frontlines. :damn:

ShadowoftheDarkgod
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Fantasy Gamer wrote:Nagsimula na ako magsave ng file... Asar. Mag-isa ko lang sa isang continent at isang city-state. Yung ibang bansa nasa ibang continents. Di ako makakaexperience ng war sa frontlines. :damn:
reload ko na yan :rofl: :rofl: pagdating sa time na babangga ka na sa ibang civs, malakas na sila since nakapagtrade na sila ng mga tech at may alliances na sila :rofl: :rofl:
And remember kids:
the more posts you have, the bigger your pens is.
PSN ID: ShadowoftheDark
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Fantasy Gamer wrote:Nagsimula na ako magsave ng file... Asar. Mag-isa ko lang sa isang continent at isang city-state. Yung ibang bansa nasa ibang continents. Di ako makakaexperience ng war sa frontlines. :damn:
You can always attack them...

Find the civilization that is weak...

Fantasy Gamer
Judge Magister Supreme

I know. I'm just frustrated na wala akong katabing ibang bansa sa continent ko. Ang panget naman ng ganun... Walang thrill. That means, kailangan ko magfocus sa naval forces.

Fantasy Gamer
Judge Magister Supreme

btw, di ko lang ba napapansin o talagang tinanggal na yung pagcontrol mo sa kung gaano kadaming resources ilalagay mo sa science, commerce at culture? In the past Civs, I use to go with 80% science, 20% commerce and 0% culture.

Fantasy Gamer
Judge Magister Supreme

Nilalakasan ko ang Navy ko. Wala ako papalapitin sa continent ko. :agree:

ick322
Myst
Myst
PSN ID: ickerson322

I'm about to buy Civ V from DB today but want to ask if I can install this game in 2 PCs (Desktop and later on my laptop)? TIA :smiley:
PSN ID ickerson322
Fantasy Gamer
Judge Magister Supreme

Pwede sya basta maaccess mo yung Steam account mo.

ick322
Myst
Myst

I just bought CIV V last night! Marathon gaming na naman to! :clap:
PSN ID ickerson322
ick322
Myst
Myst

Help! I still can't play the game kasi when Steam tries to update it always says currently unavailable try again later. Is steam down or am I doing something wrong? :grrr:
PSN ID ickerson322
Fantasy Gamer
Judge Magister Supreme

Not really sure. Try to download steam from the website then install it in your PC. After that, register. Then, insert your disc to install, otherwise, magsisimula mag-download yung Steam ng digital copy ng Civ5.