RULES: Forum Rules and Regulations

Announcements, information, invitations, concerns, questions, and anything about our PlayStation community.
loki00001
PlayStation
PlayStation

cel-shaded wrote:E di ba importante rin naman ang posts natin? Di naman totally wala yung signatures. Hindi lang nilagyan ng images para mas mapansin naman yung posts.

Pwede rin naman ipakita ng 1 member ang personality nya through his posts, his text signatures, and most especially through his avatar. Marami nga ditong members na chics ang nasa avatar. :evilsmile:

sure ka ba na TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION un? may point nga kaso e di ba mas magandang tignan kung may signature... hinde ba nila kayang lagyan ng separator para sa signature? I'm sure they can do that.. at alam ko na importante ang mga post natin...
-why-

no [flash]?
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Xanshi

loki00001 wrote:sure ka ba na TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION un? may point nga kaso e di ba mas magandang tignan kung may signature... hinde ba nila kayang lagyan ng separator para sa signature? I'm sure they can do that.. at alam ko na importante ang mga post natin...
Hindi naman nawala yung signature. Meron nga allocation for a signatures. Yun lang hindi nga pwede ang images eh.
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Gundam Extreme Vs and The Witcher 2

PSN ID: Xanshi
"A mild manner Accountant by day, A Gamer by night"
leeger
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: leeger1204

annoying talaga minsan yung mga pics na sig, nakakadistract kasi, amp yung iba nakapost sa sig pic ng home theater system, game collection, toy collection, mga kotse, bahay nila, kwarto niya, aso niya, gf niya, etc....
And sa tingin ko dagdag gastos din if mag allow ng pics sa sig kahit na limited size lang.
don_pido
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: legalaction

can i post on pinoyps if i want to sell one of my ps3 games?
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

don_pido wrote:can i post on pinoyps if i want to sell one of my ps3 games?
YES! That's what our Buy & Sell section is for.
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
reno911
PlayStation
PlayStation

Hello Admins,

This is nike_guy, I just want to make a formal complaint regarding my banning yesterday (1/29/2010). One of your mods XANSHI banned me for no apparent reason. I was explaining to him in an adult and intelligent manner that I never broke any rules of the site because he/she is on the verge of banning me for no viable reason at all. It all started when me and badguy001 we're intelligently debating in a thread regarding the differences of MW2 and MAG. If you can read everything, it shows that all my arguments are based on factual events, and are backed up by experiences of many. In formal debates, you need to always look for the mistakes of your opponent so you can retaliate with a better and intelligent answer, in which I was doing. For me it was a healthy debate because for myself, since I was member of a debate team a long time ago, I don't mix my emotions through my answers. Our arguments may look confrontational but in reality it's nothing unless something personal is thrown at you which never happened. All of a sudden, one of your mods XANSHI warned us of an impending ban if we don't stop the confrontation.

We all know that personal attacks are not allowed here as stipulated in your rules and regulations. So what I did was I asked XANSHI nicely what were my violations after showing him/her your rules and regulations. He kept on insisting that our arguments were almost confrontational. I asked him if factual arguments are considered confrontational. Since all my arguments are based objectively and not otherwise. And that when I come up with an argument, I make sure that it's still covered by the R & R of this site.

He kept on saying that since this is the internet, we can do anything we want. I told him, I respect this site and I follow the rules and regulations and that if I don't respect anyone here I should have cursed all of you in the first place. He asked me to stop defending my innocence, and I was like WTF? Of course I'm defending my innocence because I know I never broke any rules of the site, that's why I'm explaining in an intelligent manner and not resulting to insults or whatever. I want him to hear me out and I want to learn from him why is he threatening me to be banned?

Then he personally attacked me, told me that my pride is hurt that's why I kept on insisting my innocence. For me that was it, I told him what kind of mod are you, you have here rules and regulations that never personally attack someone. All that I'm asking is he give me a concrete evidence and an objective reasoning why he's banning me. I told him he's a dickhead for that what he is.

I'm not asking you guys to reinstate or remove my ban, all I'm asking is tell your mod that he can't exercise his authoritative power anytime he wants if it's not within the rules and regulations because if not then we can say that MODS are not following their own rules and regulations. Parang gobyerno pala dito, kung sino gumagawa ng batas eh sila pa ang di sumusunod. An authoritative power must only be used within the grounds of rules and regulations. If you can work your way around your own rules and regulations, then there's a problem with how you manage this site.

It's not about pride, it's all about how you govern your community. As one movie said, great power comes with a great responsibility. Being in a position where you are given a power to govern doesn't mean you can do anything you want. You need to be just and ready to back your decisions. XANSHI never showed any of those in that scenario but instead he let his emotions get the better of him and now I am wondering why did you elect a mod who can't manage in a justifiable way. We have rules and regulations, all of us here are bounded by it.

Thanks and good day.

References
http://pinoyps.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t ... start=6705
http://pinoyps.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=36831&start=375
nikkofabi
Suikoden
Suikoden
PSN ID: nikkofabi

^^lol?

but seriously respects to your post, deserves a reply. but i guess there are some things we just have to drop and forget about. lessons nga sa bible, "if sinampal ka sa kanang pisngi, ibigay mo ang kaliwa mong pisngi." "if binato ka ng bato, batuhin mo ng tinapay." akala ko sa pelikula ko lang maririnig ang "lintik ang walang ganti!"

if i am going to post something like this long, i will make sure FIRST that everything i'll cry about wont contradict the truth of how i really treated this community especially the MODS.

there are things in life i take seriously and things i'll simply laugh about... if this happens to me, this is something i'll just laugh about.

there are times that i find it unfair talaga na binura ang replies ko. my competitive nature kicks in if im in a heated argument, im sure every person here went through a heated debate(that makes us all equals when it comes to experiences with debates, may it be competitive or not), one way or another. and everyone for sure avoids the feeling of being on the losing end. but sometimes it is much more convenient if we show humility. say to myself.. STOP. common sense dictates, i'm not gonna rock the boat of the people who steers or sets the sails. in reality, we are merely visitors/passengers who just goes along for the ride. if i feel people or MODS dont like me here, il just GTFO of here and not make more dummy accounts just to continue on, i'll make my own site or something and make my own rules and bash people there.

if we are really sincere to have a peaceful community, we just let some things pass by, drop an argument if its heating up, ignore the bias, avoid gathering a MOB and attack a specific person(this is a funny personal experience from you contradicting your claim of innocence and showing your true attitude towards people), etc. if we treat everything as just talk where one won't stand down, it will just become a vicious cycle here in the community where every argument is justified as an intellectual debate. others get caught in the process and deprive them of substantial reading, others fan the flame just to make a mess out of it more.

I'm just an avid fan of this site for its informative and fun conversations about my favorite games. as well as the occasional dramas/cries that unfold.

now before anyone says something, this is just not about what transpired here recently.. but also a lesson about humility for everyone.
SirZap
Big Daddy
PSN ID: SirZapp

ako ganyan din ginagawa ko...I just avoid discussions...

if i do I make sure I say some warnings like "IMHO", "Opinion ko lang naman", "Peace", "I have a different point of view..." etc.

so far 1 time lang ako na-banned which is sa www.peyups.com, I have posted an advertisement, eh bawal pala.... ayun yari. :facepalm:
Like · Comment · Share
You and 101 others like this.
dualshock
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Dapat may rule din dito sa forums na "Do not quote images" madalas na ako makakita nyan ngayon isang page showing the same images over and over again because people are requoting ecah other or the post containing the image.
mkmcarlos
Demon Lord of the Round Table
PSN ID: mkmcarlos182

dualshock wrote:Dapat may rule din dito sa forums na "Do not quote images" madalas na ako makakita nyan ngayon isang page showing the same images over and over again because people are requoting ecah other or the post containing the image.
agree ako dito. :agree:
choy
hype lang
PSN ID: choyPSX

nice suggestion

isipan ko ng diskarte yan. kasi may mga times naman na legitimate ang pag quote ng picture. may times na quote lang ng quote
<( )> You have earned a trophy.
_/ \_ Hype lang yan

All form, no substance

PSN ID: choyPSX
Currently playing Gran Turismo 5
xenj
Katipunero
PSN ID: xenj

dualshock wrote:Dapat may rule din dito sa forums na "Do not quote images" madalas na ako makakita nyan ngayon isang page showing the same images over and over again because people are requoting ecah other or the post containing the image.
baka kaya gawin na pag na-qoute yung post with an image, automatic liliit yung image.
[RP][PHI] A-TAPANG A-TAO! SUGOD KATIPUNERO!

PSN ID (HK): xenj

xenj's Battlefield 3 Battlelog
xenj's Gaming Life and Action Figure Collection

ANTI-YLOD

KATIPUNERO NG BATOLPILD 3
Ser Maggot
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: Xezcente

xenj wrote:
baka kaya gawin na pag na-qoute yung post with an image, automatic liliit yung image.
Yep, a thumbnail version would be nice.
"What you are now is what you have been, what you will be is what you do now."
xenj
Katipunero
PSN ID: xenj

locking thread.

refer to the newer thread: http://www.pinoyps.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=38738

thanks
[RP][PHI] A-TAPANG A-TAO! SUGOD KATIPUNERO!

PSN ID (HK): xenj

xenj's Battlefield 3 Battlelog
xenj's Gaming Life and Action Figure Collection

ANTI-YLOD

KATIPUNERO NG BATOLPILD 3