Gaming life (collections, gaming experience, reviews)

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
ezelogs
Aquanaut's Holiday
Aquanaut's Holiday
PSN ID: ezelogs

I have been thinking a lot lately on how to contribute on this community. So here i go, decided to make a TOPIC/THREAD here to share all my collections, gaming experience and reviews.

Anyways, here we go!!!

I have been a gamer mga 20 years na. I think it really runs in my blood because I remember meron kaming business na video game rental sa Bataan noong 5 years old ako. Family computer (Famicom) pa ang pinaparent 'non. My dad is a very avid videogame fan. He loves the game SOLOMON's key and TOP GUN.

I used to like the game ice climber, mario and final fantasy alot. Pati ang road fighter, contra and the first castlevania. Yes, mga 8 years old pa lang ako nahilig na ako sa mga ganoong games.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
MARIO, DUCK HUNT, MARIO 3 and the first METROID

It was a hit, Our province do not have much computer shops back then. Everyone wants to go there to try the new craze after ATARI. Trading games everywhere, naaalala ko pa meron mga "CODE" ang games at dun na babase ang halaga ng isang laro.

It is very loco back then. And then just like some computer shops in the Philippines, we got robbed and from then on our business went downhill. Anyways, ito ang mga panahon kung saan nag simula ang hilig ko sa video games.

FIRST LEGEND OF ZELDA and, LEGEND OF ZELDA 2 (Adventures of Link)

NES AND THE VERY FIRST FINAL FANTASY

PHOTOS POSTED HERE ARE MY PERSONAL COLLECTION'S. [/b]

BY THE WAY, I DO NOT INTEND THIS POST TO BE A BLOG SO PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS AND LETS HAVE A SENSIBLE CONVERSATION HERE :p
Last edited by ezelogs on Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:48 am, edited 6 times in total.
ezelogs
Aquanaut's Holiday
Aquanaut's Holiday

I have been playing Max Payne 3 for about a week now. So i decided to share my experience on this game.

Max Payne 3 is a third person shooter developed and published by Rockstar Games, the same developer that brought you Grand Theft Auto and Red dead Redemption. Max Payne 3's gameplay features over-the-shoulder button and the famous "BULLET TIME". It also includes multiplayer and arcade version in which you need to finish per Chapter within one minute (You gain extra seconds if you kill someone). In contrast on cover-to-gain-health like Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3 still utilizes using painkillers to recover health.

Metacritic scored the game 88%, Gamespot 9/10 and IGN 9/10.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Personal perspective of the game:

GAMEPLAY To those who played the first Max Payne, you wont be disappointed, The gameplay is pretty much the same, the fast paced gun fights and beautiful cinematics is what made Max Payne a classic game. The puzzle-solving elements was removed, focusing on fights and pure storyline.

BUGS/GLITCHES?: I encountered some bugs while playing the game. There are times that when i die, i respawn to a place where i cannot move Max.

Storyline A friend of mine told me that Max Payne 3 has better storyline than Uncharted Series. Now that is quite a huge statement. Max Payne 3 is in the level of Uncharted Series and Metal Gear Solid in terms of storytelling. There are no sidestories, and you will be hooked up on the very first chapter of the game. The story takes place 9 years after the first Max Payne game, developed his addiction to painkillers and living in Brazil on a mission to protect a millionaire being his bodyguard. You will fight alongside with a fellow bodyguard named Raul Passos against the Brazillian police and a street gang in Brazil.

Can younger kids can play this game? : Personally, the game is too graphic for a child to play this. The game is too gory to watch even my mom complained about it haha. I do not have problem with that kind of style but i am not recommending it for the young gamers.

Trophy hunters Trophies are pretty much straightforward. There are some online trophies but easier to attained compare to Red Dead Redemption. The annoying part is, you have to finish the game 4-5 times. I rate the trophy hunts as 6/10 difficulty

All in all, Max Payne 3 is one of the best action game that i played. and i give it a 9/10 rating.
Last edited by ezelogs on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ezelogs
Aquanaut's Holiday
Aquanaut's Holiday

This series is one of my all time favorite RPG saga ever!! isa sa prized collection ko :p

Last edited by ezelogs on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Nice inputs sa MAX PAYNE 3.... kita ko nga yan ang nilalaro mo... ;)

Now where's my money? :D
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

nilipat ko itong thread dito since mala-blog na rin ito.

nice thread by the way.
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
ezelogs
Aquanaut's Holiday
Aquanaut's Holiday

Daniel wrote:nilipat ko itong thread dito since mala-blog na rin ito.

nice thread by the way.
Thanks!!!

@Altahi my idol
Oo pero mukhang pahirapan sa pag platinum ng larong ito. Ang online trophies wala problema kaso ang non-offline trophy is a pain in the butt. Buti ka pa madami nilalaro :p
Noobetter
Power Serve 3D Tennis
Power Serve 3D Tennis
PSN ID: Noobetter (HK); MakenValborG (US);

Liked ito kung may like button dito. I can completely relate to you. Maybe it is really in the blood nga wahahaha!

Naging gamer lang me nung mga 8 years old rin ata ako nun. Family computer na inabutan ko. Sobrang addict kaya ayan nag salamin na tuloy ako.

Abanangan pa namin mga posts mo dito ah ^_^ :2thumbs:
PSN ID: Noobetter

Currently Playing:
Persona 5 (New Game+), Bayonetta
newtype00
Aquanaut's Holiday
Aquanaut's Holiday
PSN ID: batangsablay05

nice thread sir keep it up! :2thumbs:
PS3: MGS 4, Tales of Xillia
PSP: SRWZ2 Saisei-Hen, Brave Story New Traveler, Disgaea AoD
PSN ID: batangsablay05 (US)

simple lang pero may galaw...
ezelogs
Aquanaut's Holiday
Aquanaut's Holiday

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

After our shop got shut down, my brother who is 12 years old back then bought his own SNES then me and him started to make a small business on our own room. Lahat ng mga ka barangay namin na bata eh pumapasok sa kwarto namin just to play SNES. 15 pesos per hour back then. My parents do not object on our thing because they think it makes us more responsible at natututo kami maging business minded. =)

Anyways, Here is a photo of FINAL FANTASY II AND FINAL FANTASY III AND FINAL FANTASY MYSTIC QUEST FROM SNES.

Kumikita kami ng 500 pesos a week that time until bumili dad ko nung christmas ng isa pang SNES so we got 2 snes.
GINAWA NYO DIN BA ITO? ANG CONTROLLER NG SNES AY BINALUTAN NYO NG PLASTIC PARA HINDI MASIRA AGAD? HAHAHAHA GINAWA NAMIN YUN!
Last edited by ezelogs on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
ezelogs
Aquanaut's Holiday
Aquanaut's Holiday

Sino ba naman ang hindi naglaro ng either Legend of Legaia or Xenogears. Isa sa mga una kong RPG sa playstation. I remember Legend of legaia very well. Sobrang polygon ang graphics pero ang gameplay nya ay sobrang ganda. I remember the "SUMMON ART" na JUGGERNAUT..

Xenogears din, super epic ng story at gameplay. Isa sa pinaka magandang RPG ever. Ang ayaw ko lang dito yung disc 2, may part na 30 minutes yata na dialog lang ang nangyari. haha.

TALES OF DESTINY 2]naman, GRAPHICS IS PERFECT for me (that time) at isa sa mga unang RPG na may dialogue. At hindi mo kailangan mag grind dahil sa sobrang daming sidequests, nag lelevel up kna.
ezelogs
Aquanaut's Holiday
Aquanaut's Holiday

Tales of Graces F. Isa sa game na hindi ko pa nilalaro dahil i am still on my mission to plat Resonance of fate. May naglaro na ba ng Resonance of fate? I am having a hard time sa grinding. It is very repetitive kaya nakakasawa. That's why naging backlog game ko sya at nag start ako sa Max Payne 3.

Final Fantasy 13 on the other hand, na platinum ko na sya last December 2011. I think the grindings are perfect. Hindi nakakasawa dahil madaming quests/trophy na pwd mo makuha on it's way. I just don't like the storyline that much and very linear sya.

Kayo nag enjoy ba kayo sa mga games na ito?
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

going for platinum pa lang ako sa ff13. mga later missions pa ang kailangan ko i-5 star. :lol:
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
Mukumuku
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: CH1N1T0-

Graces F, I've played more than 10 times. ROF, haven't played pero I think it's more of a grind fest.
When you fly in the sky, simply divine, you're dreaming. Leave your worries behind, cuz' that's imagination. Can you feel it tonight, the fire inside? It's burning.

http://ch1n1t0.deviantart.com/
ezelogs
Aquanaut's Holiday
Aquanaut's Holiday

Kaya mo yan sir Daniel =) It took me 90 hours to plat the game.

@Mukumuku: Nice name. Suikoden fan? hehe. 10 times mo na nilaro ang Graces F? You mean tinapos mo sya 10x? wow! It means ang replay value nya ay malupit. =)
Mukumuku
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: CH1N1T0-

ezelogs wrote:Kaya mo yan sir Daniel =) It took me 90 hours to plat the game.

@Mukumuku: Nice name. Suikoden fan? hehe. 10 times mo na nilaro ang Graces F? You mean tinapos mo sya 10x? wow! It means ang replay value nya ay malupit. =)
Isang trophy na lang ako sa FF xIII.. complete all items... nawala nga lang save game ko hahaha!

Yes I am. More than na nga eh lol. I played it since its Japanese PS3 debut in japan. Actually enjoy lang ako sa Graces F. Saka for trophies lang.
When you fly in the sky, simply divine, you're dreaming. Leave your worries behind, cuz' that's imagination. Can you feel it tonight, the fire inside? It's burning.

http://ch1n1t0.deviantart.com/
seymour
Tail of the Sun
Tail of the Sun
Location: inside Division. Can be seen in Winterfell at times...

ezelogs wrote:Image

Sino ba naman ang hindi naglaro ng either Legend of Legaia or Xenogears. Isa sa mga una kong RPG sa playstation. I remember Legend of legaia very well. Sobrang polygon ang graphics pero ang gameplay nya ay sobrang ganda. I remember the "SUMMON ART" na JUGGERNAUT..

Xenogears din, super epic ng story at gameplay. Isa sa pinaka magandang RPG ever. Ang ayaw ko lang dito yung disc 2, may part na 30 minutes yata na dialog lang ang nangyari. haha.

TALES OF DESTINY 2]naman, GRAPHICS IS PERFECT for me (that time) at isa sa mga unang RPG na may dialogue. At hindi mo kailangan mag grind dahil sa sobrang daming sidequests, nag lelevel up kna.
BRAD Like ko 'to! :2thumbs: hehe. Pinakagusto ko dito eh XENOGEARS walang katumbas ang storyline! Siempre Legend of Legaia
halos lahat tayo nilaro siguro yan kaso di ko nakuha Juggernaut Seru (evil talisman) tinamad ako ipa 99 characters eh.
Nice thread ha keep it up! :agree:
"Get up and take a step.. Move forward. You've got two fine legs with you..." -Edward Elric (FMA-Brotherhood)
seymour
Tail of the Sun
Tail of the Sun
Location: inside Division. Can be seen in Winterfell at times...

Daniel wrote:going for platinum pa lang ako sa ff13. mga later missions pa ang kailangan ko i-5 star. :lol:
tol same tayo. kakatapos ko lang chapter 13. sana ma plat ko to. andito na kasi Batman GOTY ko baka mabacklog itong 13 :lol:
"Get up and take a step.. Move forward. You've got two fine legs with you..." -Edward Elric (FMA-Brotherhood)
ezelogs
Aquanaut's Holiday
Aquanaut's Holiday

Thanks man, Tama ka siguro isa mga unang RPG na nilaro ng mga gamers sa PS1 ay Legend of Legaia. Buti naaalala mo pa. ako nakalimutan ko na nga ang word na SERU. haha.

Regarding sa Final Fantasy 13, para sakin 8/10 ang platinum difficulty. Naging time consuming lang kasi sya sa grinding at pagpatay ng adamantoise ang Long Gui's. Kaya kaya nyo yan =) (makakatulong ng malaki kung i search nyo lahat ng videos ng ff13 sa youtube on how to attain 5-star)
ezelogs
Aquanaut's Holiday
Aquanaut's Holiday

Late na ako nung naglaro ako ng Playstation 2. Dahil 4th year college na yata ako nung na release sya at sobrang busy ako sa nursing schools.

Isa sa mga favorite ko na nilaro ang Zone of Enders 2 at Rogue Galaxy. Rogue Galaxy was unique dahil wala siyang Loading kapag nagpupunta ka from 1 room to another and the graphics are pretty neat. Yun nga lang na release na ang Playstation 3 nung ni-release na siya. Kaya hindi masyado madami ang nakapansin nito.

Front Mission 4 on the other hand was a so-so game for me. Binili ko lang siya dahil fan ako ng Front Mission 3 (which it think the best on the series). Front Mission sa Playstation 3 hindi ko pa nalalaro.

Kayo nalaro nyo na ba? kamusta ang feedback?
ezelogs
Aquanaut's Holiday
Aquanaut's Holiday

Mukumuku wrote:
ezelogs wrote:Kaya mo yan sir Daniel =) It took me 90 hours to plat the game.

Isang trophy na lang ako sa FF xIII.. complete all items... nawala nga lang save game ko hahaha!

Yes I am. More than na nga eh lol. I played it since its Japanese PS3 debut in japan. Actually enjoy lang ako sa Graces F. Saka for trophies lang.

So you can understand Japanese language? Astig. Tales of Xilia ang hinihintay ko magka US version kaso mukhang malabo =(

Siguro next week simulan ko na ang Tales of Graces F. So ikaw ang tatanungan ko kung may hindi ako alam =)