Formula 1 Championship

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

tapos next season wala nang traction control sa F1 amp lols
ninodolo
Kileak: The DNA Imperative
PSN ID: Dolo_US

i played the demo again, and there are a couple of things that make me want to get the game...

1. Schumi is still racing in the game. (di pa sya retired)
2. It has the McLaren car that I liked (2006)
3. Visual aids in the track are better than the other assists. makes you feel like you're still in control
4. I'm curious of the Monaco track. (sa mga meron nitong game na to, maganda ba?)
5. ganda ng sounds, can't get enough of the roaring engines

i'd probably get this game. kung may makikita pa ko. hehehe :-D
PS3 NTSC-J 40GB Satin Silver
PS3 games: SF4, FNR4, X-men Origins: Wolverine, MGS4, Guitar Hero 3, GTA4, NBA 2K9, NBA 2K8
mokee
Krazy Ivan
Krazy Ivan

The game is awsome. Play a full championship year and you will get the feel of the sport. You deal with problems like weather changes, setup inconsistencies, reliablility issues, etc. And driving against a smart opponent is really hard, qualifying is as exciting as the race also. My opinion the best racing game in ps3 so far.

About the monaco track, its awsome and impressive as other tracks and looks close to real life. In my opinion, one of the hardest track to race in because its very narrow and is easy to hit the barriers and destroy your race with a mistake. Plus, its hard to overtake even back markers. One time you have a big lead and then its gone because you have to wait for the right moment to overtake the backmarker, so there is constant pressure from your enemies.
Earn Money while browsing this forum.

Register for free here: http://www.neobux.com/?r=mokee1218
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

yup if u are an F1 nut, ganda talaga ito na game, m really really tempted nga to get this one baka this Dec :-)
daddycharlie
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: daddycharlie

ako din. binalak ko din kunin to but at this time andaming magagandang games :-) kaya yung demo inuulit ulit ko nalang :D
PSN ID:daddycharlie Asian PS3

"Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy." - Bob Kelso
“Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul.” - Douglas MacArthur
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

lols dami pala F1 nut dito, kala ko ako lang hehe yup demo ko lang paulit ulit lols makes me wanna have the G25 @_@
daddycharlie
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

hehe :D iba talaga yung f1 compared to other racing games. kuha nila yung tunog ng engine pati yung bilis lalo na pag default view ka. Astig! :D I hope EA really does a good job for this franchise

choy
hype lang
PSN ID: choyPSX

i think isa sa mga launch titles ito or not to long after the launch of the PS3, kaya yung mga racers from last year pa, not this year

who knows, Sony might come up with a new game based either on the 2007 or 2008 grid
<( )> You have earned a trophy.
_/ \_ Hype lang yan

All form, no substance

PSN ID: choyPSX
Currently playing Gran Turismo 5
daddycharlie
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

yeah :D sana nga. sayang napakawalan din nila sa EA to. but if EA does a good job at this which im sure they will, ok satin to :D

OT: i wish EA would do a new Fight night game :D

richsen
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

cdc1505 wrote:yeah :D sana nga. sayang napakawalan din nila sa EA to. but if EA does a good job at this which im sure they will, ok satin to :D

OT: i wish EA would do a new Fight night game :D
di ba sila dati nag-dedevelop ng F1 games? hehe
remember f1 0X series sa PS1 at PC? ;)

last na nalaro ko yung F1 04 sa pc..may orange arrows team pa dun :lol:
Famicom, NES, Master System, Megadrive, Super Famicom, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS, PSOne, PSTwo, XBox, XBox 360, PS3 60gb US, Wii, Wii U, PSP, Vita, NDS, 3DS
jomni
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jomni

choy wrote:i think isa sa mga launch titles ito or not to long after the launch of the PS3, kaya yung mga racers from last year pa, not this year

who knows, Sony might come up with a new game based either on the 2007 or 2008 grid
May Singapore Night Race. :-)
私はジョムニーです。 PSN = jomni

My blog and Used Games Store:
jomnisgames.blogspot.com
Selling original PS3, PS2, and PC games
More games for sale here!

Siren Zombie (しびと) Sightings
hiddenleaf
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

cdc1505 wrote: OT: i wish EA would do a new Fight night game :D
Meron pero yung mga gumawa ng NBA Live at NHL Live ang gumagawa ng Fight Night hinde na EA Chicago...
**********CERTIFIED**********
..:♥(,`*•.¸( `*•.¸¸.•*´ )¸.•*´,)♥:..
...:♥`•.*:+:,:=XBOT=:,:+:*.•´♥:....
..:♥(,¸.•*´( ¸.•*´`*•.¸ )`*•.¸',)♥:..
ninodolo

mokee wrote:The game is awsome. Play a full championship year and you will get the feel of the sport. You deal with problems like weather changes, setup inconsistencies, reliablility issues, etc. And driving against a smart opponent is really hard, qualifying is as exciting as the race also. My opinion the best racing game in ps3 so far.
you mean, you would also have to call the shots for stuff like choosing the type of tires, performance tuning, etc.?
mokee wrote:About the monaco track, its awsome and impressive as other tracks and looks close to real life. In my opinion, one of the hardest track to race in because its very narrow and is easy to hit the barriers and destroy your race with a mistake. Plus, its hard to overtake even back markers. One time you have a big lead and then its gone because you have to wait for the right moment to overtake the backmarker, so there is constant pressure from your enemies.
wow! gusto ko sa real-life monaco track yung tunog ng mga engine nila pag nandon sila sa part ng tunnel. astig yon diba, parang sasabog. hehe. ganon din sa game?
PS3 games: SF4, FNR4, X-men Origins: Wolverine, MGS4, Guitar Hero 3, GTA4, NBA 2K9, NBA 2K8
ninodolo

some of my frustrations based on what i've experienced with the demo:

1) graphics. not bad, but i'm not that stunned... i.e. the cars are too shiny.
2) visual aids in the track get covered when you're trailing. with the demo i'm playing, im really dependent on this.
3) commentators are dull.

i'm really getting to the point where I would want to get this game. konti nalang... :D
mokee
Krazy Ivan
Krazy Ivan

Yes, you get to pick the stratedy you want to use. And if you're really techincal about it you could choose your tires, fuel levels, amount of down force, wing adjustmets, and even gearing ratios. The game is deep for f1 nuts but would be really boring for casual drivers.

The commenting really sucks and kinda gets boring when you drive around 70 laps and over an hour of racing. But this really makes you feel what a real f1 driver feels.

About the graphics, its decent for me. But overall it is really good. Just don't compare it to games that are newer like gt5, forza, pgr4, because you have to remember this game is almost 1 year old.

Yes there will be a singapore night race. I might be going, but i'll be in malayasia rin for the sepang grand prix eh. Another kimi, alonso, hamilton battle in the making.

ninodolo

mokee wrote:Yes, you get to pick the stratedy you want to use. And if you're really techincal about it you could choose your tires, fuel levels, amount of down force, wing adjustmets, and even gearing ratios. The game is deep for f1 nuts but would be really boring for casual drivers.
is there an option to let the CPU control this? i'm just an F1 driver wannabe, not an F1 race car engineer. :-D
richsen
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

yup. it seems there's an option for automatic config. (but i'm not sure because the F1 CE that I bought was Jap :P) i just select the first option then I just drive the car :D
Famicom, NES, Master System, Megadrive, Super Famicom, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS, PSOne, PSTwo, XBox, XBox 360, PS3 60gb US, Wii, Wii U, PSP, Vita, NDS, 3DS
ninodolo

isa pa palang di ko nakikita sa demo is yung pit stop... how good / bad is it?
jomni
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jomni

hiddenleaf wrote:
cdc1505 wrote: OT: i wish EA would do a new Fight night game :D
Meron pero yung mga gumawa ng NBA Live at NHL Live ang gumagawa ng Fight Night hinde na EA Chicago...
They're closing down EA Chicago
http://www.wargamer.com/news/news.asp?nid=4829
私はジョムニーです。 PSN = jomni

My blog and Used Games Store:
jomnisgames.blogspot.com
Selling original PS3, PS2, and PC games
More games for sale here!

Siren Zombie (しびと) Sightings
mokee
Krazy Ivan
Krazy Ivan

The piststops are great. They look great and you have to punch in the correct keys at the right timing to get the pitstop right. Also, pitlane entry and speeds are crucial like in real f1 races, seconds could be gained and lost in this alone.

There are is an automatic setting for cars if you just want to drive and the computer does an effective way of configuring based on your driving style.