[Feb GotM] Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (2.11.2014)

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
coolgamer
Starblade Alpha
Starblade Alpha
PSN ID: mor943sikat

Im a big Final Fantasy Fan and I have to say that the FF series has really gone astray. I think FF should learn from the Tales Series na seamless ang experience from one game to another. i think yun kasi ang hanap ng players...yung yung experience nila from 1 game of the series to the next ay parang dirediretso ng konti... :shock:

problema sa FF lalo na sa 13 is sobrang big ang leap..and here we go again with Lightning Returns na iba na naman... :facepalm:

I agree with the statements above na sana di na lang nila ni-label ito as FINAL FANTASY...kasi it is really different. gumawa pa sila ng Realm Reborn na iba rin....ginagamit na lang nila ang pangalan ng FF to sell which is backfiring.. :facepalm:

and now they are promising gamers with FFversus13 and FFX HD na antagal tagal na and honestly it is really getting on my nerves already... :huh:
PototoyPwets
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Sana marelease na to at matapos na ang series ng FF13! yun na lang! :lol:
US PSN ID: pototoypwets
EU PSN ID: Pototoyski_uae
"Your best Final Fantasy is the one you played first"
bhAbOi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: bhAbOi

Yung mga ayaw ng FFXII to XIII-2 yung mga fan ng series na ayaw tanggapin na nag iinnovate yung series. Na stuck sila dun sa favorite FF nila. sabi nga nila, you can't please everyone.
Add me up on PSN!

US PSN ID: JhorenBadtrip

Now Playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Battlefield 3, Final Fantasy XIII/XIII-2, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/psn/bhaboi24 - World Tekken Federation
eynjel18
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^agree, laking PS1 kasi ako kaya FF7 talaga best game para sakin. Siguro kung nagkaron lang ako dati ng SNES eh baka yung FF6 ang best game for me. Ganun din yung mga first RPG nila eh FF13 baka sa kanila eh eto ang the best.
Loneliness has followed me my whole life. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man.
VsAssassin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: VsAssassin

bhAbOi wrote:Yung mga ayaw ng FFXII to XIII-2 yung mga fan ng series na ayaw tanggapin na nag iinnovate yung series. Na stuck sila dun sa favorite FF nila. sabi nga nila, you can't please everyone.
In all fairness naman bro, every FF, starting with FF7, laging may innovation in one way or another. Yan nga ang slogan ng Square dati eh, na every FF game must have an innovation to set it apart from the previous title. I can even say na they've been innovating after FF3. The thing here is that, yes, you're right with your comment that you cannot please everyone. This also gives us the argument that not all innovations work well for every game.

To give a good example: FFXIII's battle system is a great innovation (and I personally like it), while it's FPS-like progression isn't. This is my take lang po ha.
Lord, give me Your heart to have great compassion; Your eyes to see with my heart; Your ears to hear with my heart; Your voice so I can proclaim Your word with boldness!

PSN ID: VsAssassin
Reis13
PlayStation
PlayStation

Well, wala na tayo magagawa, that's what some people want, and this is what the devs gave us.
At the very least they ARE still progressively working on making great games.
I mean, almost all of us are FF fans here and we want to Square to continue making games.
Might as well buy their games diba? To play and enjoy what they made FOR US.
Isipin nyo rin kasi they think of us (the fans) as a whole na sa tingin nila what we would like to see in their
next FF. Eh hindi naman tayong lahat na iisa lang ang gusto, we have our likes and dislikes na nagre-reflect
din sa kagustuhan natin sa games. So it all boils down to personal preference.
Buti nga they're still striving to make a better FF eh.

AND to add. Since Square IS a japanese company, maybe the reviews of FF13 there was excellent
and people wanted to see what happened to Lightning since FF13-2 left a lot of plot holes, hence Lightning Returns.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

Umaasa ako na masulyapan ko man lang sa cut scene o CG movie si Vanille. :bigmouth:
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

New Details

Lightning Is On A Mission For God In Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Gunblade, check. New outfit, check. Sunglasses, check. Lightning is on a mission from God… a Fabula Nova Crystallis god, that is. This time, she’s serving as a “Liberator” in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, with the role of saving the souls of everyone around her.

In a recent Famitsu interview with key developers, Motomu Toriyama, Yoshinori Kitase and Yuji Abe, we learn more about Lightning’s role in the next Final Fantasy XIII game. Lightning will be the center of the story this time around, so you can expect a satisfying finale on her part, they say.

This third installment of the series is still an expansion to the ever growing world of Final Fantasy XIII. Square Enix wanted to keep the idea of Lightning appearing in all three games, while changing the styles to keep things fresh. After considering her resurrection as the main focus, they decided to name the latest project Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII instead of Final Fantasy XIII-3.

Now on the subject of Lightning being a “Liberator”. You might be asking yourself, what exactly is a Liberator?

To put it simply, the world is going to end in 13 days, and a new world will be born after that. The Liberator’s job is to help Bhunivelze, a Fabula Nova Crystallis god, in helping souls transfer to the new world. Lightning’s new outfit was also given to her by Bhunivelze, as Liberator attire.

Director, Motomu Toriyama, explains: “We got [Tetsuya] Nomura to design Lightning for what will be her last fight. We asked him to represent her with the word ‘strength’ as the focus. Red and white were the dominant colors that represented Final Fantasy XIII, with that in consideration, I believe that the color red symbolizes strength better than any other. In the end, we decided to go half white and red for Lightning’s color scheme.”
siliconera

ahh, basta ako kokompletohin ko FFXIII Saga this current gen, ayokong paiwan sa FF series :agree:
Deicidium
Myst
Myst

^
ako rin :bball:

but how i wish marevive yung FF8, pinakagusto ko talaga yun sa lahat ng FF series.. :hug:
Currently Playing: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 PC, Torchlight 2
Waiting for: Devil May Cry, Tales of Xillia
PS3 Ceramic White ~ 03/2012 US PSN ID: Deicidium_9999 ★
darkpaladin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: monkmon08

etong FFXIII talaga ang main reason ko bakit ako bumili ng PS3 just like nung binili ko yung PS2 wherein FFX ang dahilan. Medyo bonus na nga at nagkaroon pa ng sequel FFX at trilogy ang FFXIII.

Currently playing:
PS4: Final Fantasy XV, Tekken 7
PC: Chrono Clock, Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate

My Figure Collections
ultimagicarus99
Arc the Lad
Arc the Lad
PSN ID: ultimagicarus99

darkpaladin wrote:etong FFXIII talaga ang main reason ko bakit ako bumili ng PS3 just like nung binili ko yung PS2 wherein FFX ang dahilan. Medyo bonus na nga at nagkaroon pa ng sequel FFX at trilogy ang FFXIII.
Superlike!! :2thumbs:
MegamanX
Street Fighter: The Movie
Street Fighter: The Movie
PSN ID: MegaZeroXX

darkpaladin wrote:etong FFXIII talaga ang main reason ko bakit ako bumili ng PS3 just like nung binili ko yung PS2 wherein FFX ang dahilan. Medyo bonus na nga at nagkaroon pa ng sequel FFX at trilogy ang FFXIII.
FFXIII was my first game when I bought my ps3, and that was also the reason why I bought a PS3 :grin:
PSN ID: MegaZeroXX (HK) / Mega_ZeroXX (US)
aozaki
Cosmic Race
Cosmic Race

batman: returns :banghead:
coolgamer
Starblade Alpha
Starblade Alpha

same here :D i bought a PS3 because of FF13 and Hope's my fave character eventhough he was whinny in 13 :D
z3kEn
Momento Mori

Lightning Returns introduces new character Lumina
Plus, details on Lightning's "Wear" outfits.
Lumina is a young woman who appears at Lightning’s destination. She’s both a help and a hindrance to Lightning. She’s very Sera-like, but more goth-loli, and with duck-lips. She appears to be using Lightning as a toy.

Lightning, as previously confirmed, will have many new costumes in Lightning Returns, referred to in the game as “Wear.” You can set three types of Wear and change them in battle. These include: the “Dark Muse,” which consists of a knife, camouflage jacket, pants with wide holes, and a grid-shaped shield; and “Alone in a Sandstorm,” which is armor like a samurai’s.

Of course, Lightning will also have new magic and abilities, and she’ll be able to guard and evade. She can also receive quests from a bulletin board. Clearing these quests apparently leads to time extensions.
gematsu
z3kEn
Momento Mori

kamukha ni Serah
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

parang si lightning lang din :cheer:
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
eynjel18
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Pinaghalong Serah at Lightning. Ganda ng costume.
Loneliness has followed me my whole life. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man.
blessed
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: talamak-me

eynjel18 wrote:Pinaghalong Serah at Lightning. Ganda ng costume.
tagal lumabas, puro kwentuhan nalang tayo dito ah. hahaha!

anyway ako din naman, kaya ako bumibili ng mga ps consoles dahil sa FF games.
z3kEn
Momento Mori

Brand New Lightning Returns Trailer, Artwork & Screenshots!

Lumina

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Extended Trailer

screenshots