Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (Out Now; 8.5 from IGN)

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
Solemn_In_Berlin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Solemn_In_Berlin

Now I've tried and looked for an existing thread about this game but I couldn't find one (strange since this title's set to be released this month). Anyway, pa-merge na lang mga mods kung may pre-existing thread. :agree:

So, despite the fun I had playing War for Cybertron, I didn't really had a keen eye for the sequel since I thought it'd be just more of the same. But after the playing the demo, this just got to my must-buy list. And so I say, here's Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. Why should you be interested in it?

First and foremost, it's the Transformers and if you don't know the Transformers, then I think you're wasting half of your life. But that's okay! Because here's what you need to know about the Transformers: they're giant freaking robots that transform into cars and gadgets and pretty much any shape and polgyon they can transform as. Yes. Giant. Freaking. Robots. Who doesn't love giant freaking robots?

Anyway, if you're extremely leery of this game because of the Dark of the Moon game, don't. Why? Because movie tie-in games suck! Well not all of them (Most recently, The Amazing Spider-Man was a pleasant surprise. You should check it out) but generally, they do. This game's going to be awesome and if you played its predecessor, War for Cybertron, then you'll be loving this.

Here's some trailers:

E3 2012
Through the Matrix
Gameplay Variety

Having fun yet? No? Well then let me just say that the graphics look amazing, there are many varied environments, the single player's shaping up to be one hell of a ride, the upgrades feel like actual upgrades and it's basically set to trump War for Cybertron (which was already a damn good time) in every single area in existence. Okay, maybe not MP but you get the drift. Also, the difference between Autobot SP and Decepticon SP is more than just characters given the alt modes and weapons. The Autobots have Metroplex and you know what his alt mode is? A damn city. Full-sized city.

tl;dr? I know. So if all that reading couldn't entice you, then this single screenshot will.

Yes. That's Grimlock. The freaking Grimlock. And he's not alone.

So now, go play the demo, raise hell, get hyped, buy the game and witness the fall of Cybertron.
Last edited by Solemn_In_Berlin on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Top 5:

Digimon World: Next Order - Torment: Tides of Numenera - The Endless Cylinder - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Persona 5

All Time Top 5:

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete - Dark Cloud 2 - Deus Ex - Final Fantasy VI - Bloodborne
OniLord
Aquanaut's Holiday
Aquanaut's Holiday

bakit parang walang pumansin dito? this month na release nito diba?? sana lahat ng dinobots pwede magamit..
PSN ID: OniLord666
flowjy
The Raiden Project
The Raiden Project
PSN ID: flowjy

I actually downloaded the demo and enjoyed it naman! Only qualm is that the game doesn't have a X-Axis reversal option in the controls. I've been accustomed to playing reversed controls from before and major factor sakin yung walang full reversal of controller axis like Mass Effect. :(

I'd recommend this one to other gamers though especially sa mga 90s kids! :)
Solemn_In_Berlin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

OniLord wrote:bakit parang walang pumansin dito? this month na release nito diba?? sana lahat ng dinobots pwede magamit..
Probably because people think that it's gonna be bad. Dark of the Moon is still fairly recent, so yeah.
Current Top 5:

Digimon World: Next Order - Torment: Tides of Numenera - The Endless Cylinder - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Persona 5

All Time Top 5:

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete - Dark Cloud 2 - Deus Ex - Final Fantasy VI - Bloodborne
OniLord
Aquanaut's Holiday
Aquanaut's Holiday

we all know that dark of the moon is a movie based game right??!! lol.. and all movie based game has a 90% probability to suck (the recent spidey game is an exception).. well now, fall of cybertron is far from being it... it's probably gonna be like war for cybertron (which is an epic game btw) but a bit better i hope.. though i dont have any complaints on the first installment.. im tellin you guys this game is gonna be epic!!

btw, would you happen to know who metroplex's counterpart is? kasi lumabas na si trypticon dun sa war for cybertron eh.. :cheer:
Solemn_In_Berlin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^ Well, iyun na nga eh. Most likely, people will be turned off because of Dark of the Moon. And more likely than not, these are the same people who haven't even heard of War for Cybertron.

I do hope that Metroplex has a counterpart. If not, this war will be pretty much one-sided.

After playing more of the demo, I see that Grimlock is a force to be reckoned with. Also, the game thrives in variety - prettier visuals, grander scheme, absorbing multiplayer, solid campaign, slicker presentation, amazing upgrades system, all-out fun gameplay and of course, the Transformers novelty. This is pretty much what a sequel should be and then some. I'll be glad to fall for Cybertron.
Current Top 5:

All Time Top 5:

Khrysler Jerikho
Crimson Ai's Rated R Nekostar
PSN ID: Khrysler_Jerikho

^ tawag dun bandwagoners lol
MegamanX
Street Fighter: The Movie
Street Fighter: The Movie
PSN ID: MegaZeroXX

parang medyo hirap lang icontrol kapag nag ssprint, parang hindi ako makamove pa left or right
ganun ba talaga?

ok din multiplayer, enjoy din :D
PSN ID: MegaZeroXX (HK) / Mega_ZeroXX (US)
drianikko
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer
PSN ID: xScream19

i also play multiplayer version. enjoy ako sa gameplay and ,multiplayer..sad to say wala masyadong pinoy ang gustong mag laro
Now playing:
Tekken 6, Metal Gear Solid 4, NBA2k10, Rockband 2, Darksiders, Final Fantasy XIII, Bayonetta, God of War 3

add me up: xScream19
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

Launch TRAILER
runab0ut
Starblade Alpha
Starblade Alpha
PSN ID: mortari0nactual

Anyone played the demo?

How different/improvements from the earlier game (which was ace!)?
jazon168
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

very good reviews! pero wala padin sa dblitz!
Itech/Game One Gadget Staff - you can message me on any of your gaming concerns and orders

PSN: jazon168
Xbox Live: outerhaven168
Xaffienathor13
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix
PSN ID: PkingXAF2k9

Anyone getting this? Played the demo game play was fun as always there was something wrong with the visual for the ps3 version like screen tearing and framerate dropping anti-aliasing problems it didnt looked polished but its the demo so I got my hopes up... still the game feels and plays really well.. xD
PSN: PkingXAF2k9
OniLord
Aquanaut's Holiday
Aquanaut's Holiday

available na sa DB @ 2.1k
Xaffienathor13
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

OniLord wrote:available na sa DB @ 2.1k
TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION for the update xD :mrgreen:
roy128
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: romarlui

OniLord wrote:available na sa DB @ 2.1k

r3 or r1? makabili na nga bukas para sa son ko :mrgreen:
PSN
R1 : Romarlui
R3: Roy128

Playing: PS4 2k16, Madmax, MGSV
Xaffienathor13
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

Available narin sya sa U.S PSN store. 59.99 xD
delloinks
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22
PSN ID: dark_dello

nag-enjoy ba kayo sa online multiplayer nito? (pwede try kahit demo lang)
Never argue with an idiot. The people watching might not know the difference.

SONY BRAVIA S-Series 32" / SONY PLAYSTATION 3 - Sept. 20 2009 12:06 am
PSP Slim&Lite 3004 - Nov. 16 2009 01:03 am
PSN ID: dark_dello
Solemn_In_Berlin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^ Very. There are four classes and they're each have their own distinct traits. As for the MP gameplay itself, customization is very diverse and team deathmatch is a blast.
Current Top 5:

All Time Top 5:

Xaffienathor13
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

who here has the game? the review keep saying the ps3 release is the same as in the demo. Like lower res or lock ups down right dumbed down than the xbox360 version.