Motorstorm : Apocalypse (Move/Wheel Update, Share your Car)

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

http://www.meristation.com/
Motorstorm fans are going to be happy as the lastest Meristation Podcast (http://www.meristation.com) has "teased" that a new title in the franchise is going to be announced for the Ps3 in the next few days!! So stay tuned!
gerryv
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: manok68

good news to,trilogy na! :clap:
PSN manok68
]playstation3 60gig u.s.
games:cod3,motorstorm1 2,resistance 1 2,t crisis4,re5,gta4,spiderman3,transformers,nascar,dj icon,vf5,naruto,Rband1,oblivion,lbp goty,batman AA goty,b paradise,MW2,heavy rain,modnation racers
xerx
Battle Arena Toshinden
Battle Arena Toshinden
PSN ID: xer376

May kagalingan! :clap:
PS3 slim 120gb
PSP black
SkylineFaux
Silverload
Silverload
PSN ID: SkylineFaux

I loved Pacific Rift to bits. Hope this one is as good or even better than Pacific Rift :agree:
PSN: SkylineFaux
Now: Most Wanted | Rock Band 3, Expert Drums/Vocals, 1000+ DLC | Uncharted 3
Plats (43): http://i39.tinypic.com/10rnuaa.png
Proudest Plats: Gran Turismo 5, WipEout HD, Mirror's Edge, Lego: Rock Band
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Bangkay
Snatcher
Snatcher
PSN ID: Homurro

their new environment... City Landscapes where there's some sort of Apocalyptic era? :bigmouth:
I'm a buff baby that can dance like a man, I can shake-ah my fanny, I can shake-ah my can!
I'm a tough tootin' baby, I can punch-ah yo' buns! Punch-ah yo' buns, I can punch all yo' buns! If you're an evil witch, I will punch you for fun!

PSN: Homurro
jebi_renly
Ace Combat
Ace Combat

sir darkwing..kulang ng letter R TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION title ng thread.haha.motostorm.kala ko tuloy ibang game,yun lang.cheers! :smiley:
SkylineFaux
Silverload
Silverload

Split/Second meets Fuel?
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

jebi_renly wrote:sir darkwing..kulang ng letter R ang unggoy sa title ng thread.haha.motostorm.kala ko tuloy ibang game,yun lang.cheers! :smiley:
lols oo nga, thanks for the correction, stolen shots pala ito from an early game, so MS3 might not look like this
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...astig!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: kahit di ko pa nalalaro part 1 and 2. :bigmouth: :facepalm:
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
Bangkay
Snatcher
Snatcher
PSN ID: Homurro

and now, there's an aircraft carrier

I'm a buff baby that can dance like a man, I can shake-ah my fanny, I can shake-ah my can!
I'm a tough tootin' baby, I can punch-ah yo' buns! Punch-ah yo' buns, I can punch all yo' buns! If you're an evil witch, I will punch you for fun!

PSN: Homurro
lexty
Kileak: The DNA Imperative
Kileak: The DNA Imperative
PSN ID: Chestoise

Confirmed na pala to. akala ko rumors pa lang eh. hindi pa kasi nag announced sony.
PSN ID: Chestoise
Samsung 2232GW[Old] LG W2353V[New]
80Gb Asian Playstation 3 - YLOD

Prince of Persia, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Dead Space, Killzone 2
marui_man
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: marui_man

SkylineFaux wrote:I loved Pacific Rift to bits. Hope this one is as good or even better than Pacific Rift :agree:
+1 :agree: .
PSN ID: marui_man
Xbox One Gamertag: lockh33d
Join our clash of clans: clan2tan
Hitomi
edrian34
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: CardinalMan

uso na talaga trilogy.. :agree:
Stop destroying our planet. It's where I keep all my stuff.

Certified Mapùan

PSN-- CardinalMan

http://ps3trophycard.com/profile/CardinalMan
http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/ca/r/C ... n/card.png
SkylineFaux
Silverload
Silverload

Bangkay wrote:and now, there's an aircraft carrier
They had those in Pacific Rift as well.

I noticed that there are icebergs adrift near the vessel. Going back to the arctic?
edrian34
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: CardinalMan

^^ iceberg ba? aircraft carriers din ata.. :bigmouth:
Stop destroying our planet. It's where I keep all my stuff.

Certified Mapùan

PSN-- CardinalMan

http://ps3trophycard.com/profile/CardinalMan
http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/ca/r/C ... n/card.png
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Finally revealed!

darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

A hands-on with a single track in single-player bears this out. It's initially overwhelming – on top of the usual business of seeing to the opposition - never the easiest of tasks when your sportscars going toe-to-toe with monster trucks and big rig - there's the wealth of environmental hazards to take into hand. The handling is a little nervous - but you would be too if you had this much chaos descending upon you, and it lends a responsiveness that's necessary when avoiding the many hazards.
It's impressive stuff, and Evolution seems to have learnt valuable lessons from stablemates Naughty Dog (some of whom are helping out with MotorStorm Apocalypse's storyboarding) and Guerrilla. Like the latter it's also taken on the importance of variety, and while we're only witness to the race through high-rises in this early look, the sprawl of the city is going to be fully exploited with parks and the suburbs set to feature.

There is, of course, life beyond MotorStorm Apocalypse's campaign. "The end of the world is really just the beginning," jibes Southern before detailing a multiplayer mode that is, unsurprisingly, taking Modern Warfare's formula as inspiration. Blur proved that it's an approach that works, so expect a familiar system of perks and levelling to form the foundation. "The way that Modern Warfare made online, the progressive thing of rewards and even if you weren't a hardcore gamer you could still get a lot out of it, that was a big influence," Matt tells us.
But remember, MotorStorm Apocalypse is about giving more than expected, and that's seems as true of the multiplayer component as it is elsewhere. "When I first played Modern Warfare I thought it was one of the most generous games I'd ever played," Matt enthuses. "It was this constant delivery of cool #@*^, and when it came to us asking what's going to excite people about a racing game it's the same kind of thing. We want to make promises on the game and then over-deliver on them. Easy to say but hard to do, and that's the challenge we've set."

So MotorStorm Apocalypse is giving more than its fair share of options. There's four-player splitscreen – not spectacular in itself, but certainly more exciting than normal when you factor in the ability for those four players to join in with 12 others online. Modes can be created from scratch with a simple language system being used to define game rules. It sounds smart, but it's still under wraps.
dang, 4 player split screen to join 12 others online with user-defined game rules? :D last car/bike/chopper/truck/muscle car/sports car left?
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1095814p1.html
Darkshader
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

ITS OFFICIAL MOTORSTORM APOCALPYSE

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/ ... pocalypse/

Introducing MotorStorm Apocalypse

Posted by Matt Southern // Game Director, Evolution Studios
More than two years ago we decided where the MotorStorm festival should head next, and I’ve been itching to talk about it ever since. Now, as part of the global announcement, and with E3 just around the corner, it’s so exciting to finally be able to share some information about the MotorStorm Apocalypse.

Here are some of the headlines…

You May Have Heard…We’re Heading to the City!

But this is no ordinary city. In the same way that the first MotorStorm was set in Monument Valley, and MotorStorm Pacific Rift was set on ‘The Island’, inspired by Hawaii and other Pacific islands, we’ve set this MotorStorm in ‘The City’, inspired by the West Coast of America, and, in particular, the Bay Area of California.

MotorStorm’s brand of racing is not about ‘going urban’ though. We all know that the lunatic ‘Stormers would take every expectation about street racing and turn it upside-down. So this is what they’ve done. Welcome to Brutal Urban Off-Road Racing!

Post Apocalyptic? NO!

The city has been abandoned and somewhat damaged after a tremor. When the ‘Stormers find this out, they head straight in. Pretty soon, two things become clear: it isn’t completely empty and Mother Nature isn’t done yet!

Throughout the game the city will be ripped to pieces, in real-time, as you race. Routes will be affected, as will our emergent gameplay.

Buggies using collapsing walls as half-pipes. Big Rigs on the rooftops of skyscrapers as they collapse. Superbikes gunning into the basements of enormous rifts. Supercars flicking on their headlights to barrel through the subways and sewers. Multi-vehicle pile ups on giant bridges as they buckle and twist. Driving through someone’s office and smashing up their desks. It’s all there.

Two groups have also stayed behind, and neither takes too kindly to MotorStorm’s arrival. I’ll talk more about them another time, but for now I’ll say that when they realise there isn’t going to be much of a city left, they start to destroy it too.

This isn’t post-apocalyptic. It’s apocalyptic. You are there when it happens. It’s survival racing.

Variety, Chronology and Depth are King

We’ve listened to everything people said about our previous games and, as a result, one of our priorities is to make a more satifsying overall game experience. In our single-player mode, every race is unique. When a building comes down it stays down. When you race a track again, the buildings will still be down and the MotorStorm crew will have carved yet more routes into the ruined landscape. The only time you’ll see the same thing twice is when you choose to. Underscoring this chronology is the fact that you’ll get to see the game from three different viewpoints.

Nothing annoys me more than the notion that an accessible action racer must also be shallow or plain dumb. So once you have experienced the single-player journey, the true depth of our title will come to the fore. Our overhauled ‘Wreckreation’ mode has been heavily influenced by the best online titles: from shooters and action adventures, RPGs and platformers. It features:

- Sixteen player online multiplayer.
- Four player split-screen.
- Combinations of the two. Play with three friends in the living room against 12 more online.
- Massive vehicle customisation. Change vinyls, vehicle parts, vehicle shapes and more. Upload them to the community site and share them with others. They automatically work on all vehicle types, and include your PSN ID.
- Vehicle perks. Modify your handling, boosting and offensive abilities as you unlock new perks.
- A wealth of rankings to progess through online with associated rewards and recognition.
- Stacks of online rewards to earn and persistent progress giving the most determined and successful racers the status and recognition they deserve.
- Persistent matchmaking. Keep your party together throughout your gaming session.
- A Game Mode Creator. From a completely blank canvas you can design your own game rules and victory conditions, play them online, and incorporate them into tournaments.

Lots More

We’ve got a lot more to reveal too; things like replacing loading screens with cut-scenes that finally reveal what it’s like to be a part of the MotorStorm subculture, to changes to handling and boosting, to the five completely new vehicle classes making their way to this festival.

The end of the world…is just the beginning.

Let me know your thoughts.
PSN ID: Darkshader

Gamer/Toy Collector
pedroboy
Pedro Penduko
PSN ID: pedroboy

ang tagal ko na gusto bumili ng motorstorm since nung 1 pa. yung pacific rift sumabay kasi sa uncharted 2 at ratchet and clank kaya hindi ako uli nakabili. but this one i got to buy :smiley: :clap:
PSN id: pedroboy

wag ikahiya ang putok...pinagpawisan mo yan!

pain heals...chicks dig scars...glory lasts forever