I Am Alive

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
edrian34
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: CardinalMan

I Am Alive Not a Download Title, Just a Joke
Looks like those hilarious French funny-men over at JeuxVideo were pulling our leg all along when they claimed Ubisoft’s disaster (as in event, not quality) game would not be getting a retail outing, favouring the digital distribution model instead.

Confirming on their site today, the guys have smirked and guffawed at the rest of us taking the bait, especially considering the story was obviously a giant gag. That said, Jade Raymond, Head of Ubisoft Toronto, did get wind of the story and was allegedly “taken aback.” The guys are sorry for this part, stating:

Although our responsibility in this story is zero, we still want to apologise for the misunderstanding arisen from this innocent trait of humor.

We did state in the original article that we couldn’t confirm the veracity of the story but, regardless, good one guys, you got us. The lesson learned here? We should have paid more attention in French class. Oh, and don’t believe everything you read/hear on JeuxVideo!
Stop destroying our planet. It's where I keep all my stuff.

Certified Mapùan

PSN-- CardinalMan

http://ps3trophycard.com/profile/CardinalMan
http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/ca/r/C ... n/card.png
PSNomad
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jpodg27

^May ganun-ganun pa kasing nalalaman e. :rofl:

Ano na ba balita sa gameplay nito?
[RP] jpodg27

"No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord."
- Deuteronomy 23:1
kreux_18
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: kRaToS_17-

ahaha.. joke lang pala yun.. so ibig sabihi doormant pa rin etong game na to.. haay, ganda pa naman yung concept nung game.. :facepalm:
CURRENTLY PLAYING:

demon's souls
tekken tag tournament 2

"it's over..."

ADD ME UP!
PSN ID:
kRaToS_17-

facebook
solstice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: wicked_being

Publicity stunt para malaman kung may interesado pa :rofl:
Gaming on-hold.
#TWolvesNation Arooo!
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Ok na joke time tayo... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
ioshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: ioshimaru

I Am Alive Coming to PSN and Xbox Live
Ubisoft has announced that I Am Alive will be coming to PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE Arcade this winter.

Developed by Ubisoft Shanghai, I Am Alive is set in a world ravaged by an unspecified disaster and players are cornered into making "thought-provoking" choices.

IGN reported earlier in the week that after five years in development the game had received a rating from the ESRB, but there was no suggestion that it was no longer a full retail game.

Watch the new gameplay trailer:

With the quality of downloadable games higher than ever before, can we read anything into the decision to distribute I Am Alive exclusively through digital platforms? Probably not.

Source: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1197282p1.html
Latest Purchases:Bloodborne, Mortal Kombat X
Proud to be a Sony Playstation user since '97 to present
PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3, PS4
PSN: ioshimaru
kit_mac
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: kit_mac

it's still alive... hehe... sabi sa ign, december release nito.
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/thisiskitmac
PS4 gamer. Anime Fanatic.

PSN ID: kit_mac

PS3 Games Collection
http://pinoyps.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t ... 2#p2136142
Masterpogi04
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bhie04

kit_mac wrote:it's still alive... hehe... sabi sa ign, december release nito.
deads na ata yan... :bigmouth: alam ko delayed na naman yan eh. :facepalm:
PSN ID: bhie04
LBM MemberakaMasterBigMouthPOGI

"This is my story and it will go the way I want it to or I'll end it here!"

[PHI] bhie04
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...aba kahit muntek muntekan na tong di mabuhay, maganda parin yung trailer a. :rofl:
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
tsambs
Jumping Flash!
Jumping Flash!

Bakit parang nagiba yung direction ng game? Dati nakikita mo pang nangyayari yung mismong disaster (6 days old palang) tsaka average joe lang yung bida? Ngayon parang nakadaan na ng ilang taon yung disaster , mukhang capital wasteland na yung game world tapos ala RE hero na yung dating nung bida. Yung platforming mukhang uncharted hehe.

Medyo nawala na interes ko sa game na'to dahil dun sa bagong trailer.
HK PSN ID: Tsambs96
ISP: PLDT

Now Playing: Dragon's Dogma
Pawn: Khryzhen
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

...yung trailer kasi dati yun yung nangyayari palang yung disaster, kung paano iikot yung story at game habang sinusubukan nilang mabuhay. Ang vibe ko sa game parang modern ICO.
Currently Playing:
ashinamune
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: LightGalaxy07

tagal narin tong naannounce, natatandaan ko nung time na kakatapos lang yata nung movie na 2012
Last edited by ashinamune on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[RP]LightGalaxy07

W/L > K/D Parang basketball lang yan! Ang taas nga ng score mo talo din naman!
Fed_05
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Fed_05

ang tagal naman i-release ito anong petsa na :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

PS3 Slim 320GB R3 (Oct 19,2010)
PS3 Super Slim 500GB R3 (Nov 7, 2013)
PS4 Slim 500GB R3 (Dec, 2017)
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

...bago mag "the last of Us", may I am alive muna. :lol:

Trailer

...wow parang silent hill yung gameplay a, lalo na yung map menu. minus the monsters nga lang hehehe. kahit di kagandahan graphics ng cutscenes, mukhang ok gameplay.
Currently Playing:
Fed_05
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

EGM's Preview: I Am Alive
Life on the ledge.

Like it or not, our industry lives and dies by the clichés of its most successful predecessors. A game like Call of Duty or Skyrim or Grand Theft Auto sells a few zillion copies, and you can bet your button-exhausting extremities that you’ll see fifteen sequels and 30-plus coattail-riding copycats hoping to ride the wave of retail regurgitation all the way to paydirt but, every now and again, a game comes along that just says “f*** it.”

Just when I had given up on anyone doing something interesting with the idea of civilization’s inevitable demise, along came Ubisoft’s I Am Alive, a game that doesn’t find itself falling all over the latest flood of undead angst or radioactive revelry but, rather opts to deliver on a far more sinister enemy:

Mankind.

“The post apocalyptic genre is pretty rich in books and movies,” says creative director Stan Mettra, “but in games it’s somehow limited to the sci-fi, cartoony side of things—big guns, mutants, zombies…ok, we have this, but about a human-centered story? That’s what we’re aiming for.”

Centered around the tale of a father who finds himself stuck on the other side of the country after a natural disaster of unknown origins, I Am Alive isn’t filled with aliens, brain-biters or post-nuclear knuckle-draggers, focusing instead on the simple yet daunting task of navigating the devastation and danger left when the world goes to hell in a handbasket.

“What we’re trying to make is really a game about surviving the human condition, without any supernatural elements. It’s a world that became very hostile in the aftermath of a natural disaster,” says Mettra.

Mixing a healthy helping of Uncharted’s platforming aspects with the quiet creep of Silent Hill and a tasty chunk of Cormac MCCarthy’s The Road, Alive is less about blowing s*** up than it is putting the pieces back together, an aim that Mettra feels is a tough mark to hit. “Videogames tend to be very mature; very action-oriented,” he says. “I but I think it’s time to explore more adult game mechanics. It hasn’t been easy.”

Not unlike our unnamed protagonist’s struggle, the path to retail has been plagued by the plentiful pitfalls of the road less traveled. “There’s lots of challenges,” Mettra confesses. “One of the key elements of the game is realism, and realism isn’t always compatible with things that are common in games. For example, you want action..you want fun—everybody wants fun—but how do you define this? Making a realistic game, where weapons are very dangerous —one bullet and you’re dead. Keeping the character very lonely, and not having hundreds of guys coming at you and still have combat that’s interesting. It’s a good example of something that’s difficult to do with this kind of premise, because you’ve only got a few bullets.”

Not unlike the quest for guzzoline in Mad Max, resources are few and far between, and most survivors would sooner kill you for your cat food than listen to your story, making for an undeniable amount of tension in each new encounter, and it’s an area that Mettra and the team at Shanghai Studio felt compelled to explore, hoping that gamers agree.

“It’s extremely important,” he says, “and I think some big games are already going into a more cinematic experience, making you care about more than just the challenge and succeeding and upgrading your character and beating the game. They make you care about the story and what you discover.”

Lofty, yet admirable, no? Even more compelling is the fact that I Am Alive faced its own brush with death, nearly hitting the chopping block after an ill-fated attempt at a blockbuster production.

“The game was started a long time ago and, in fact, there were two periods in [I Am Alive’s] development,” Mettra points out. “The first game had a ‘AAA mandate’ but, after several years in production, it wasn’t quite satisfactory, and we brought this game to Shanghai Studio to basically close it and release it, but in the end, the experience was not there. It was suffering from a lot of compromises and it just didn’t work out.”

“So,” confesses Mettra, “it was either cancel the game or continue with a new objective in mind, and that when, roughly a little less than two years ago, we decided to go XBLA and push the levers to ‘extreme.’ Of course we knew it would be less ‘mass market,’ we knew it was a bit risky.”

That risk, though, is what defines the experience in Alive. The landscape itself is littered with crumbling architecture, draped in a mysterious, deadly “dust” rendering much of the city impassable but for a few short seconds, and as you climb and dash through these natural obstacles, you’re forced to keep tabs on your character’s stamina, which can dip into critical levels, forcing you to abort a given path. What’s worse is that once it drops, your ceiling for athletic activity falls with it, returning to normal only after you’ve spent precious resources to reset it, making timing a matter of life and death and each choice a critical crossroads of life and death.

Not unlike Namco-Bandai’s Dark Souls, I Am Alive uses this “tough love” mechanic to place a premium on life and death, and its rewards are far from the typical shoot and loot we’re used to seeing. According to Mettra, this idea is at the center of the game’s sweet spot: “We’re not the type of product that has very ‘gamey’ rewards—you kill an enemy, there’s coins falling out of his pocket and you can go to a shop and some guy open’s his coat and he’s got tons of guns to choose from. We don’t have that. Respecting the setting is very key to the experience. The reward is in exploring that setting.”

Luckily, Ubisoft appreciates the risk involved for both gamers and the dev team, allowing Shanghai Studio to push the envelope in ways that often seem unthinkable in modern game making, looking at downloadable gaming as a true platform for differentiation in today’s market.

“It’s not a 60 hour game,” explains Mettra. “It’s not Assassin’s Creed, so we can allow for something that’s a bit more austere in that respect. There’s still some reward in there, but the weapons are always plausible, respecting the idea that each is extremely precious and dangerous. The challenge is more on the tactical side. We renew the challenge by varying the situation.”

As our conversation with Mettra comes to a close, it’s clear that this challenge is very personal to his team, and while I Am Alive may not be the type of title most folks are expecting, it certainly strikes us as the sort of experience gamers need to play. I Am Alive is set for release as a digital download this winter; let’s hope it has the grit needed to outlast the cold.
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/previews ... -am-alive/

Fed_05
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

New Video Looking at The Encounters of I Am Alive
THE BUZZ: Ubisoft today released a new gameplay video for I Am Alive, giving us a taste of what encounters in the game will be like.

EGM’s TAKE: My thoughts on this video are a little mixed, as I have two different opinions of what I want to see from games like this.

Part of me wishes more games existed of this nature that didn’t feel the need to feature combat–games like Disaster Report and Raw Danger, where the entire idea is surviving and helping other to survive.

On the other hand, I Am Alive is also based around that negative human element, and what we do when our world goes to hell. In that regard, some of what this video shows is actually pretty interesting—especially if the game gives us some level of choice in how we deal with those who pose a threat to us.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/new ... -am-alive/

Clestcruz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: clestcruz

Parang Post Apocalyptic setting with zombies hehe. Ganda nung gameplay trailer :)
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

...available na to sa PSN/Sen for $14.99. :agree:
Currently Playing:
darkpaladin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage