Madden NFL 08

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
cincibearcat
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

I thought i saw a lot of new animations sa NCAA08...mas marami pa pala ito...

There's a halftime and post game highlights summary with the ability to replay the entire play.

the cutscenes show that same "hazy" outline.

better arm and leg modelling...may shading na na "nadumihan" angmga braso and tights.

a lot more camera angles specially sa kickoff.

The audio quality of Marshall Faulks voiceis boring...sana dinamihan nla ng ESPN like interface parang yung sa NFL2K5 dati..

Gameplay wise...mas marami ngang INT and fumbles as some complain pero i like this "spontanaiety" part kasi you could be on a crucial drive and then your RB coughs up the ball at the goal line...pwede namang i-tone down sa settings.

Stiff arms are back big time wth animations causing correspondingly "head turning" results

play selection interface is simpler .

i could add more re: "stringing" animations pero paulit ulit na na maraming bago--you just have to see it as it greatly improves the gameplay compared to '07...

dami pa...ill add more as i play along....

@munskie
yup ..they really made it slower....para to give you time to adjust prior to the snap (i.e. read defenses...move people around..alter routes/audibles) etc...I noticed kasi sa ncaa 08 pagkapili mo ng play almost 10sec na lang snap clock....dito you get the full "slower" 45 sec almost....purists will like it as it'll make you seem na ikaw dumiskarte based on your knowledge of the player and the game.

Still have to learn how to read the weapons dahil ang dami...in addition you can exploit mismatches and you can select to play as a receiver and "call " the QB for the ball...on the other side..if you're getting burned by a receiver often you can focus on that receiver just be careful abou leaving another guy open.

Guide i go by is tht buti na lang the weapons are based on the real world abilities of the player so it doesnt take an avid fan long to know that Carson Palmer is both smart and has a cannon arm .. or that Ray Lewis is both smart and can cause crushing hits, etcetc...

More to follow.
Tracer1
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Waw... nice post! :-) Bumili ako nito... kaso PS2 version... hehehe :heh:
PS3 Rulez!!!

"Boycott Chinese products!"
The Party Boy
Kileak: The DNA Imperative
Kileak: The DNA Imperative

@cincibearcat pare malaki ba talaga pagkakaiba sa 08? kase dami nagsasabi na parehas na parehas daw sa 07 yung 08 eh.
PSN ID: xThePartyBoyx
tuts
PlayStation
PlayStation

2 days ko n nilalaro so far eto mga na notice ko
1. mabagal ang loading
2. may sudden freeze after every play ( sandali TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION yung freezing )
3. walang net na sumasalo sa bola during fieldgoal conversion
kayo mga bro na experience nyo ba to?
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: blitzburgh16

wala pa din ako copy.. hehe, tinawagan ko na DB ATC, park square, megamall ubos na daw :-D
"Giggity Giggity Giggity... Awwwww Riiggght!"

Halina't mag dice tayong lahat :bigmouth: :evilsmile: :bigmouth: :evilsmile: :bigmouth: :evilsmile:

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
munskie
Myst
Myst
PSN ID: Marlai

cincibearcat wrote:I thought i saw a lot of new animations sa

Gameplay wise...mas marami ngang INT and fumbles as some complain pero i like this "spontanaiety" part kasi you could be on a crucial drive and then your RB coughs up the ball at the goal line...pwede namang i-tone down sa settings.
yer right....my first two running plays with frank gore, he both couged it up....two fumbles in my first two run plays....I guess I have to adjust settings na lang...I dont wanna play with 5 or more fumbles in a game...dina gaano realistic yun...
PSN ID Marlai
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

busy busy nga daw ang mga referee based sa mga reviews ng mga madden gamers.. lagi daw may encroachment etc. :-D btw, magkaka madden 08 nako mya, pick upin ko nalang sa DB park square buti may dumating na copy ngayon! :-D try ko mag online mamaya, laro tayo mga fafa :-D

Halina't mag dice tayong lahat :bigmouth: :evilsmile: :bigmouth: :evilsmile: :bigmouth: :evilsmile:

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
cincibearcat
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

The Party Boy wrote:@cincibearcat pare malaki ba talaga pagkakaiba sa 08? kase dami nagsasabi na parehas na parehas daw sa 07 yung 08 eh.

LAyo pare...wala namang "string" moves sa 07....sa 07 almost sure catch ang WR mo kapag 1 on 1 lang sa corner..dito nasalo mo na pero bago ka lumapag--pag tama sa iyo ng corner nabibitawan pa...walang sure ball lalo na sa crossing route at sinalubong ka ng safety sa dibdib...hehe hawak mo na biglang incompletion pa...

Just played an online game....i'm on dsl so medyo may lag minsan...pero gameplay wise...panalo...as in 1-0 na ako hehe...

btw if you can't find the roster update just play an online game and you'll be prompted for an online update...
di gaano accurate....yung RB ng bengals out for the season na ...sa update naglalaro pa..

with regards to the stringing moves...minsan nagiging O.A. ang CPU....naka break-away run na yung running back nya...kung anu-ano pang weird juke moves ang ginagawa pati sidestep eh wala namang katabi....sumobra naman.
cincibearcat
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

tuts wrote:2 days ko n nilalaro so far eto mga na notice ko
1. mabagal ang loading
2. may sudden freeze after every play ( sandali TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION yung freezing )
3. walang net na sumasalo sa bola during fieldgoal conversion
kayo mga bro na experience nyo ba to?
1...yup mas mabagal...if you notice tho at the end of the game...you can replay virtually every play run during the entire game !!! nakasave kasi bawat play as a clickable highlight...wala nito sa 07

2...the freeze occurs when the screen transitions from that "hazy" effect to the "sharper" effect...HD kuno....unnecessary addition in my opinion.
3....net has not been present kahit sa 07...walaring on-field referee...they just appear after every penalty
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

finally got a copy..

what i like:

1. the defensive play maker is back!! eto talaga yung kulang sa 07, where you can send a defensive player in a zone, man or blitz in an instant..

2. yung itsura ng mga players! hehe, kasi dati kahit kicker, kasing katawan ng lahat! si David Akers, kicker ng Eagles, kasing katawan ni Michael Strahan :-D

what i hate:

1. the play calling screen.. sana binalik na sa dati, like sa PS2.. kasi dito alam ng kalaban mo yung pipiliin mong offense and defense.. nakakainis yun, example kapag hail mary pinili mo, alam ng kalaban, mag quarter 3-deep prevent para makontra yung play. hehe

2. of course, 30 fps.. dahil dito minsan parang nagfreeze ng konti yung game :?

yun palang sa ngayon, lalaro muna ako! wakokok..

@cincibearcat, na-add na kita sa PSN right? rmmsports ba yun? hehe :-D

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
mokee
Krazy Ivan
Krazy Ivan

I tried the demo... bat parang ang pangit ng graphics? Is that the effect of the 30fps?
Earn Money while browsing this forum.

Register for free here: http://www.neobux.com/?r=mokee1218
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

mukha ngang wahsed out ang graphics..

i think so, baka yung 30 fps na din.. kasi i tried playing madden 08 sa Xbox 360 and smooth yung graphics, and swabe ang gameplay.. :-D

may occational lag din tong PS3 version.. minsan pagkasnap ng bola parang naglalag muna.. and yung sa field goal or kick off, parang naglalag din :-D

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
mokee
Krazy Ivan
Krazy Ivan

I wish they just delayed the game and just fix the problem, rather than putting it out substandard. It seems like the game is just a game for the ps2, graphics wise.
Earn Money while browsing this forum.

Register for free here: http://www.neobux.com/?r=mokee1218
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

that's EA for you
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

mokee wrote:I wish they just delayed the game and just fix the problem, rather than putting it out substandard. It seems like the game is just a game for the ps2, graphics wise.
honestly, mas nagagandahan pa ako sa gameplay ng PS2, pramis! hehe.. good thing its the last year of the NFL exclusivity of Madden, so we can expect some competition sa NFL 2K8 of 2K sports next year.. kaso tagal pa! haha! :-D

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
munskie
Myst
Myst
PSN ID: Marlai

i have to agree with you guys that it seems the pS3 version is really subtandard. I can live with the graphics and 30 fps, but what annoys me the most is the fumbles and interceptions. Everytime tatama yung hit stick, fumble kaagad. I had 8 fumbles in a game..and my back, Gore has to constantly guard the ball pa, which makes him slower. Wala rin option to accelerate the play time. The QB throwing animations is pretty awkward at some angles too....walang ka finesse finesse. Id still play my Madden 07 ps2 version if only updated lang mga rosters....buti na lang my copy is rented lang....
PSN ID Marlai
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

munskie wrote:i have to agree with you guys that it seems the pS3 version is really subtandard. I can live with the graphics and 30 fps, but what annoys me the most is the fumbles and interceptions. Everytime tatama yung hit stick, fumble kaagad. I had 8 fumbles in a game..and my back, Gore has to constantly guard the ball pa, which makes him slower. Wala rin option to accelerate the play time. The QB throwing animations is pretty awkward at some angles too....walang ka finesse finesse. Id still play my Madden 07 ps2 version if only updated lang mga rosters....buti na lang my copy is rented lang....
wakoko, uu nga ako All-Pro nga lang difficulty ko, nakailang fumbles ako, and pati na din kalaban ko.. nung nag All-Madden Difficulty ako grabe mas lumala pa fumbles ko and yung sa kalaban na lessen na.. hehe :-D

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

gusto ko yung halftime dito.. kahit papano.. hehe, they "borrowed" some presentation techniques sa ESPN NFL 2K5 :-D

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
cincibearcat
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

Hehe guys relax lang...imho....ill pick this over 07...

in 07--you can "bomb" the ball --just throw to your favorite elite WR ---tapos na ang boksing....

ngayon it's not necessarily a sure thing....forcing you to mix and match and to look for opportunities...

Madden is a thinking man's game and not arcadey to be best experienced....sure merong flaws (just adjust the slider/ snap the ball quickly etc.) ...

For example...run consecutive RB plays and you'll see the secondary crowd the line =--tapos hit them with a play action ----panalo!! :-) Ganun dapat ang pag-enjoy ng Madden--you outthink, exploit mismatches, tingnan kung sinong madaling mapagod na player na kalaban, etc. etc...

oh one more thing---try going for consecutive hailmary's to your fastest WR and you'll see the corners and safety's drop to their knees in exhaustion at the end of the play---substitute a "fresh WR" and then run a long route again....panalo!!! the CPU adjusts tho and you're only good for a few plays...that's how smart i think this game is....other "cosmetic" gripes aside --ill accept that for now as we hope every year brings out a new and significant improvement.

mas marami ngang choices ngayon even before the snap --- imho, i think it makes the chess match even more exciting..

My final take-- is there's still room for improvement---sure i'd love 60fps, sure i'd love no stutters; etc. etc..pero for now ----my Madden 07 is up for sale/ for trade (konting plugging hehe) :lol:
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

wakokok, pag uwi ko sagada laro tayo.. praktis muna ako, medyo hirap kabisaduhin nung mga player weapons tska yung mga pangounter! wakokoko

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!