Madden NFL 08

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
munskie
Myst
Myst
PSN ID: Marlai

August is just around the corner.........the release is on the 14th to be exact. So far preview reports have been exciting. Lots of new gameplay features, such as the weapon abilities of superstars.

here's a link on hands-on report by IGN..

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/797/797103p1.html
Opus
PlayStation
PlayStation

cincibearcat wrote:last available roster download is dec. 06--havent tried again....they usually don't do another roster update in the offseason as there are too many roster moves to track...pagPC minsan may mga roster patches...not sure about PS3..probably none.
I updated the last roster of Madden 07 (XBOX 360) to the current Roster today, and it took me two days! :?

I just had to get a feel of Brady with Moss and Stallworth on the lineup. It was tough running without Corey Dillon though.

EA's Roster Management scheme is flawed. You can't edit players, not even their numbers. Players in the inactive list, although still part of the team, are not in the Roster. Another thing is that the Roster is easily maxed out cause there's no inactive players list.

I was thinking of waiting for the reviews to come out and decide from there, whether to get the 360 or the PS3 version (I have both consoles). Although, it seems that there are more Pinoy Madden players on the PS3 compared to the 360 - which could be a deciding factor :smile: Let's hope there's an online league option.

Anyone planning of getting All Pro Football 2K8? I'll probably get it by trading Zelda.
cincibearcat
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

Opus wrote:
cincibearcat wrote:last available roster download is dec. 06--havent tried again....they usually don't do another roster update in the offseason as there are too many roster moves to track...pagPC minsan may mga roster patches...not sure about PS3..probably none.
I updated the last roster of Madden 07 (XBOX 360) to the current Roster today, and it took me two days! :?

I just had to get a feel of Brady with Moss and Stallworth on the lineup. It was tough running without Corey Dillon though.

EA's Roster Management scheme is flawed. You can't edit players, not even their numbers. Players in the inactive list, although still part of the team, are not in the Roster. Another thing is that the Roster is easily maxed out cause there's no inactive players list.

I was thinking of waiting for the reviews to come out and decide from there, whether to get the 360 or the PS3 version (I have both consoles). Although, it seems that there are more Pinoy Madden players on the PS3 compared to the 360 - which could be a deciding factor :smile: Let's hope there's an online league option.

Anyone planning of getting All Pro Football 2K8? I'll probably get it by trading Zelda.
Hmmm...bakit kaya walang update sa PS3...sana meron to keep me occupied and see kung Patriots nga team to beat...grabe,Adalius Thomas pa on the other side....

So a Pats fan in Dallas? Where's your love for Romo? hehe..

Back in the day (pre-exclusivity tie-up) --I found myself playing more Visual Concepts (ESPN 2K series) football than EA (Madden) sports.

NFL 2K3 (with Urlacher on the cover pa nun) allowed you to "string" moves already...Madden didnt have that...and sila ang unang mag adjust ng tao and route sa line of scrimmage prior to the snap (IMHO, huge leap in the gameplay then)---he he i remember going the whole 80yds no-huddle--puro kalikot lang ng route (sometimes as much as 3-4 receivers) as in nababasa mo talaga yung depensa and you feel na ikaw ang nagisip nun--PErsonally I like the 2K series' gameplay over Madden --curious din ako if they can do justice to a next-gen series.

Pero big hit talaga if you don't get the NFL and NFLPA license... Kasi para kang naglalaro with an "empty feeling" after the game...You are not as thrilled if Johnny Nobody scored an INT returned 90yds for a TD as compared to doing it while controlling Rashean Mathis/ Champ Bailey heck kahit Adam"PacMan"Jones pwede na rin kasi kilala mo....not really after "legendary" rosters...For me, what's NOW is what's IN....

My backup football title would prob be NCAA Football although am still open to the AllPro title kung ibang iba nga talaga ang gameplay.
Opus
PlayStation
PlayStation

cincibearcat wrote:Hmmm...bakit kaya walang update sa PS3...sana meron to keep me occupied and see kung Patriots nga team to beat...grabe,Adalius Thomas pa on the other side....

So a Pats fan in Dallas? Where's your love for Romo? hehe..

Back in the day (pre-exclusivity tie-up) --I found myself playing more Visual Concepts (ESPN 2K series) football than EA (Madden) sports.

NFL 2K3 (with Urlacher on the cover pa nun) allowed you to "string" moves already...Madden didnt have that...and sila ang unang mag adjust ng tao and route sa line of scrimmage prior to the snap (IMHO, huge leap in the gameplay then)---he he i remember going the whole 80yds no-huddle--puro kalikot lang ng route (sometimes as much as 3-4 receivers) as in nababasa mo talaga yung depensa and you feel na ikaw ang nagisip nun--PErsonally I like the 2K series' gameplay over Madden --curious din ako if they can do justice to a next-gen series.

Pero big hit talaga if you don't get the NFL and NFLPA license... Kasi para kang naglalaro with an "empty feeling" after the game...You are not as thrilled if Johnny Nobody scored an INT returned 90yds for a TD as compared to doing it while controlling Rashean Mathis/ Champ Bailey heck kahit Adam"PacMan"Jones pwede na rin kasi kilala mo....not really after "legendary" rosters...For me, what's NOW is what's IN....

My backup football title would prob be NCAA Football although am still open to the AllPro title kung ibang iba nga talaga ang gameplay.
Adalius Thomas on PATS: after manually updating the Roster, Rosevelt Colvin was replaced by Thomas (waste of good talent on the bench right there). I was thinking of putting Vrabel back in the middle but I feel bad about replacing Seau or Bruschi... hmmm... what to do? what to do?

PATS fan in Dallas: I was a Giants fan in the Phil Simms/Bill Parcels era and I didn't root for any team until the Pats in the 2001 playoffs. I stuck with them since then. Pats are coming to Dallas this year - I can't wait to see that game.

The love for Romo: he's soft :D he's more of a celebrity than an athlete.

I loved NFL 2K5. That game was just awesome. Somehow every Madden game that comes out each year will be compared to the features that NFL 2K5 had. It has definitely set the bar on gameplay and presentation.

Pacman Jones is not just for football but for GTA type of games as well :D

Here's a link of an article about "The Weapons of Madden 08":
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/799/799783p1.html

By the way my gamertag is Scraggletag. You can add me up on your friends list.
cincibearcat
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

@opus..

on Adalius Thomas...EA sports should add a new feature : The ability to put any player on any position....still wondering bakit wala pa nito.

Palagi nalang "nakalock" sila sa orig. positions nila...i.e. ends just go left or right...LB just go OLB/MLB/ILB....

Well Adalius Thomas dapat pwedeng palipat lipat kahit sa corner nga dapat pwede...For that matter dapat si Vrabel pwede ring pass catching TE..

Maybe somebody should make this suggestion sa Maddden Boards...again it would mimic something that actually happens in real life.

Ona side note: "Grand Theft Auto: NFL Street " starring Pacman Jones, Tank Johnson and Chris Henry would probably make for a good title :D
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: blitzburgh16

grabe talaga line up ng Pats this season, LBs are Bruschi, Colvin, Vrabel, Seau, A. Thomas.. tapos samahan mo pa ng DLs Wilfork and Seymour.. and sa offense 1st string WR mo si Moss and 2nd string si Stallworth.. hehe, lakas ng Pats, ewan lang natin kung anu mangyari sa kanila! hehe

ako i manually updated the rosters! para astij! :-)

nakakaiinis sa Madden 07 yung nawala yung quick change ng play, for example, by just moving the right analog down, the highlighted defender will blitz, moving it sa right, the defender will go into a flats zone coverage.. sana bumalik na yung dating controls sa PS2..

and i also love Madden 2K5, ganda ng presentation, parang TV :-) :-) :-)
"Giggity Giggity Giggity... Awwwww Riiggght!"

Halina't mag dice tayong lahat :bigmouth: :evilsmile: :bigmouth: :evilsmile: :bigmouth: :evilsmile:

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Halina't mag dice tayong lahat :bigmouth: :evilsmile: :bigmouth: :evilsmile: :bigmouth: :evilsmile:

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

may isa pa badtrip sa madden 07, parang pare pareho ng katawan, muscle build yung mga players.. yung kicker maskulado halos kasing katawan ng mga defensive ends at mga linebackers :D :D :D

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
remnants_of_day
Kileak: The DNA Imperative
Kileak: The DNA Imperative

Looks like they're porting to the PS3 again..with all the American Football games.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160709
We have confirmed the Xbox 360 versions of Madden NFL 08 (August), All-Pro Football 2K8 (July), and NCAA Football 08 (July) will run at 60 frames per second, whereas the PS3 editions are locked at just 30fps. In the simplest of terms, this means that the 360 versions will run smoother and faster, and you'll have an easier time noticing subtle animations.
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

remnants_of_day wrote:Looks like they're porting to the PS3 again..with all the American Football games.

We have confirmed the Xbox 360 versions of Madden NFL 08 (August), All-Pro Football 2K8 (July), and NCAA Football 08 (July) will run at 60 frames per second, whereas the PS3 editions are locked at just 30fps. In the simplest of terms, this means that the 360 versions will run smoother and faster, and you'll have an easier time noticing subtle animations.
tsk tsk, badtrip :?

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

sobrang badtrip ako dito sa news na to.. 60 fps for the 360 and 30 fps sa PS3.. tsk tsk... lalo na for me na gustong gusto ang mga sports games, lalo ang Madden. i love football, mas type ko pa to kesa sa basketball.. hehe.. hay nako, cell+RSX, 30 fps? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
xbops
Myst
Myst
PSN ID: xbops

[

[/quote]

ARGH!! no way!!! bakit kaya??? they shdve gained experience from 07 and other ea games! hay another let down :roll:

dLsU!ANIMO LASALLE!

HISTORY:
1) Atari
2) Pac-man
3) Super Famicom
4) Game and Watch
5) Gameboy
6) Arcades
7) Super Nes
8 ) Sega Genesis
9) Game Gear
10) 3DO
11) Sega Saturn
12) Sega Dreamcast
13) PS1
14) N64
15) PS2
16) Xbox 360
17) PS3
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

batrip sobra.. port kase eh.. wala na nga malaro sa PS3, tapos ganito pa :?

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
cincibearcat
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

blitzburgh wrote:batrip sobra.. port kase eh.. wala na nga malaro sa PS3, tapos ganito pa :?
Just played my first online game sa Eastern server...tight game biglang nakabreak away si chad johnson ---bago pa man lang makascore nasa 5 yard line na biglang "connection lost" kaagad kalaban....bad trip...pag nagquit pala opponent you are not credited with a win--partial points lang nakuha ko.

Testing tayo blitz? Monday evening? PM mo lang ako. am on a DSL line tho
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

cincibearcat wrote:
blitzburgh wrote:batrip sobra.. port kase eh.. wala na nga malaro sa PS3, tapos ganito pa :?
Just played my first online game sa Eastern server...tight game biglang nakabreak away si chad johnson ---bago pa man lang makascore nasa 5 yard line na biglang "connection lost" kaagad kalaban....bad trip...pag nagquit pala opponent you are not credited with a win--partial points lang nakuha ko.

Testing tayo blitz? Monday evening? PM mo lang ako. am on a DSL line tho
sorry pre wala pa din ako PSN ngayon sa sobrang busy ko! wahahah! yung wi fi router ko inaalikabok na nga eh! PM kita pramis nxt time! :-D

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

haha ipo-post ko palang sana eh! wahhhhooooooo :-) :-) :-)

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

Heheh nagkakainggitan na siguro yung mga devs. Isa isa na kasing pinag bubutihan yung mga PS3 version games nila.
munskie
Myst
Myst
PSN ID: Marlai

eh di ok!!!! konting hintay na lang....buti na lang nawala yung itch ko na kumuha ng madden 07
PSN ID Marlai
xbops
Myst
Myst

bro ano ibig sabihin ng port? :smile:

dLsU!ANIMO LASALLE!

HISTORY:
1) Atari
2) Pac-man
3) Super Famicom
4) Game and Watch
5) Gameboy
6) Arcades
7) Super Nes
8 ) Sega Genesis