Nikkei: Wii U to cease production in 2016

Do you also play with non-PlayStation devices? Do you enjoy playing as a plumber saving a princess? Or some bald marines? Or maybe you want to play using the touchscreen?
kobemvp24
Double Dragon
Double Dragon
PSN ID: kobemvp024

Japanese newspaper Nikkei is reporting that Nintendo will cease production on Wii U before 2016 comes to a close.

According to the company that manufactures Wii U’s parts, production has already stopped on some parts.

While Nintendo will finish production on the console, new games are continued to be in development.

By ceasing production, Nintendo hopes to reduce inventory risk and concentrate its management resources on NX, its new platform set to be unveiled in 2016.

Compared to its previous console, Wii, Wii U has less popular games, sales are sluggish, and Nintendo does not anticipate recovery. Wii U launched in 2012. In three years, its total sales remain around 13 million.

Wii U’s unique configuration means that developing for the platform takes time and effort, and because of this, third-party developers shied away. Little games took advantage of the system, and it was not able to achieve the same large-scale appeal that its predecessor managed.

source: http://gematsu.com/2016/03/nikkei-wii-u ... ZA7g8qF.99
PS4 ASIAN 2TB
PSVITA 16GB
PS3 SUPER SLIM 500GB
N3DSXL M4HU LE

currently playing:

PS4 - FFVII HD, Digimon Story Cybersleuth
PS3 - Trails of Cold Steel, Lost Dimension
PSV - Tales of Heart R, Persona $ Golden
3DS - Xenoblade HD
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

:(

too short Wii U lifespan
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: DonKB-PSX

Yikes! Oh well, I still enjoyed the Wii U. I have yet to get Pokken Tournament tapos meron pang Star Fox Zero at Tokyo Mirage Sessians #FE so I'll still get some use out of it.
Your friendly neighborhood, generic bald and filthy casual gamer

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
PS4 "Amateur" (CUH-1106A) - June 5, 2015 to Present
PS5 - June 18, 2022 to Present