Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One)

Do you also play with non-PlayStation devices? Do you enjoy playing as a plumber saving a princess? Or some bald marines? Or maybe you want to play using the touchscreen?
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

Baka naman 960p lang ito on 30fps.. then magrerelease ng definitive version na 1080p on 60fps exclusive sa PS4.. :lol:
ultimagicarus99
Arc the Lad
Arc the Lad
PSN ID: ultimagicarus99

hmmm. panlaban lang nila ito sa UC4. magiging multi rin ito ng 2016.
xgh0st12x
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Just sad that it's still more than a year away. Wouldve been better to release this a bit ahead of UC4 for both games to be better appreciated. Oh well... The more the many-er.
PSN ID (PS4): Gh0st0fSparta12 XBL GT (XB1): xgh0st12x NNID (WiiU): xgh0st12x
Pamilya, trabaho, ehersisyo, home tyeter, bidjo geyms. Copy paste hanggang kamatayan.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

This article about tweets won't matter anymore but I'll just share it for the LOLs.
http://kotaku.com/people-are-pissed-tha ... 1620094498
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Daniel wrote:This article about tweets won't matter anymore but I'll just share it for the LOLs.
http://kotaku.com/people-are-pissed-tha ... 1620094498
it's always fun to read the meltdowns!
xgh0st12x
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Lol! Haterz gonna hate?
Pamilya, trabaho, ehersisyo, home tyeter, bidjo geyms. Copy paste hanggang kamatayan.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

xgh0st12x wrote:Lol! Haterz gonna hate?
First, I acknowledge that it's a good move by Microsoft from a profit perspective, second some of those reactions are hilarious (while others are purely sensible), however deals like these are bad for gaming in general.

Development for the PC and the PS4 was well underway as of E3 2014, and clearly Tomb Raider is not the type of game that needs help from Microsoft to finance development, so Microsoft is basically paying Square Enix a lot of money to hold back release on other platforms. And while I do believe that exclusives are good differentiation for consoles, these are not the type of exclusive deals that are good for gamers in general.
xgh0st12x
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

When all is said and done, i still believe that UC4 will top this game in terms of sales.
OnceAnAngeL
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: NovisNoah

xgh0st12x wrote:Lol! Haterz gonna hate?
Ako bitter. :lol: F*** you MS!!!

Dapat may smiley ang pps na naka

Sana magkaroon pa mga exclusives ang MS na more on pang single player para mapabili ako. Karamihan kasi ng exclusives nila naka focus sa online multiplayer eh. :sweat:
Games- http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7423/9606 ... 67db_z.jpg - 8/28/2013
Fig Collections - http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7308/9609 ... c06a_o.jpg

PSN: NovisNoaH
3DS FC: 2363-5679-1542
Steam: Limpanot
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

it's been confirmed to be a timed exclusive but MS won't tell how long

maybe two weeks? lol

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... ocialoomph
Xbox boss Phil Spencer has confirmed to Eurogamer that Microsoft's controversial exclusivity deal for Rise of the Tomb Raider "has a duration".

However, he declined to confirm how long that duration is set for.

Last night, during its Gamescom press conference, Microsoft and Square Enix made the surprise announcement that Rise of the Tomb Raider would launch holiday 2015 exclusively on Xbox. That, Spencer confirmed, means Xbox One and Xbox 360.
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

Microsoft confirms Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox exclusivity deal "has a duration"
"I don't know where else Tomb Raider goes," Phil Spencer says
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... a-duration

Xbox boss Phil Spencer has confirmed to Eurogamer that Microsoft's controversial exclusivity deal for Rise of the Tomb Raider "has a duration".

Last night, during its Gamescom press conference, Microsoft and Square Enix made the surprise announcement that Rise of the Tomb Raider would launch holiday 2015 exclusively on Xbox. That, Spencer confirmed, means Xbox One and Xbox 360.

But the wording of its statement caused some to wonder whether the game would eventually launch on other platforms. Spencer wouldn't speak for Square Enix on this, but did compare the deal to that it had for Xbox One games Dead Rising and Ryse, which will also launch on PC.

Spencer's comments confirm Square Enix, owner of Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics, is free to do whatever it wants with the game and the franchise after the exclusivity deal ends, including releasing it on other platforms.

Here's our conversation:

"When people want me to say, can you tell us when or if it's coming to other platforms, it's not my job," Spencer told Eurogamer. "My job is not to talk about games I don't own. I have a certain relationship on this version of Tomb Raider, which we announced, and I feel really good about our long term relationship with Crystal and Square.

"I get the reaction I see. If I'm a PlayStation person all of a sudden I feel like, the franchise has gone. I didn't buy the IP. I didn't buy the studio. It's not mine. Where this thing will go over time, just like Dead Rising or Ryse, we'll see what happens with the game. I don't own every iteration of Tomb Raider.

"I don't own them building Tomb Raider on other platforms. I can't talk about the franchise that way. I can talk about the deal I have."

So, what, exactly, is that deal?

"I have Tomb Raider shipping next holiday exclusively on Xbox. It is Xbox 360 and Xbox One. I'm not trying to fake anybody out in terms of where this thing is. What they do with the franchise in the long run is not mine. I don't control it. So all I can talk about is the deal I have. I don't know where else Tomb Raider goes.

Is there a time limit on the exclusivity period?

"Yes, the deal has a duration. I didn't buy it. I don't own the franchise."

Can you tell us how long the duration is?

"No. It's not because I'm trying to be a headfake on anybody. It's a deal between us and the partner. People ask me how much did we pay. There are certain things I'm just not going to talk about because it's a business deal between us and then. Obviously the deal does have a duration. I didn't buy the IP in perpetuity."

Angry gamers have directed many of their comments towards Square Enix, accusing the publisher of selling out and alienating their PlayStation and PC owning customers.

"Our friends at Microsoft have always seen huge potential in Tomb Raider and have believed in our vision since our first unveil with them on their stage at E3 2011," wrote Darrell Gallagher on the Tomb Raider tumblr. "We know they will get behind this game more than any support we have had from them in the past - we believe this will be a step to really forging the Tomb Raider brand as one of the biggest in gaming, with the help, belief and backing of a major partner like Microsoft."
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

to the surprise of no one
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

hayaan na natin ..
sigurado mas maraming idadagdag na features and exclusive dlc's etc for PS4 and PC na rin :agree:
OnceAnAngeL
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: NovisNoah

darkwing_uop wrote:it's been confirmed to be a timed exclusive but MS won't tell how long

maybe two weeks? lol

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... ocialoomph

lmao!! Buti nalang! Akala ko mapapabili pa'ko x1.

Rise of the Tomb Raider DE. :agree:
Games- http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7423/9606 ... 67db_z.jpg - 8/28/2013
Fig Collections - http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7308/9609 ... c06a_o.jpg

PSN: NovisNoaH
3DS FC: 2363-5679-1542
Steam: Limpanot
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

Di ko talaga maintindihan yung mga timed exclusives....sa totoo lang I don't feel it attracts more people to buy a particular console over the other lalo na kung hindi naman siya major title or first party title. Para sakin pumapanget pa nga yung dating ng company pag nagpapa timed exclusive sa kanila eh...
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Seraph011 wrote:Di ko talaga maintindihan yung mga timed exclusives....sa totoo lang I don't feel it attracts more people to buy a particular console over the other lalo na kung hindi naman siya major title or first party title. Para sakin pumapanget pa nga yung dating ng company pag nagpapa timed exclusive sa kanila eh...
I don't think MS wanted people to know that this is going to be a timed exclusive so that people will buy an xbone for it but the outrage yesterday prompted them to reveal it was
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

xgh0st12x wrote:When all is said and done, i still believe that UC4 will top this game in terms of sales.
I don't doubt that, I've stated before that I loved TR 2013, however it did have its shortcomings (the story, poor character development, overly campy voice acting were the biggest things I didn't enjoy in the game).

It managed to add some things that were not in Uncharted (more open, RPG mechanics).

It's going to be a great game, and something I look forward to playing. :)

edit: Just saw that it is a cross-gen game (which I suspected when they said exclusive to Xbox, and not Xbox One), I think that if anything will gimp Rise of the Tomb Raider, especially since it's now trying to position itself against Uncharted. I'm happy that past gen owners will get to play the game, pero nanghihinayang ako knowing that the game could be so much more if they just left the last gen systems behind.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

darkwing_uop wrote:to the surprise of no one
Were you not a little bit surprised, you did say that the statement "exclusive, holiday 2015" meant:
darkwing_uop wrote:it just means it's coming on 2015 Holidays, nothing more
joke lang, just busting your chops :)

PS I think the whole ambiguous wording of timed exclusives to make games look like full exclusives is a shi**y practice that game companies (including sony) should stop. It's shady, it's confusing, and it really just gets on peoples nerves.
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

ron_bato wrote:
darkwing_uop wrote:to the surprise of no one
Were you not a little bit surprised, you did say that the statement "exclusive, holiday 2015" meant:
darkwing_uop wrote:it just means it's coming on 2015 Holidays, nothing more
joke lang, just busting your chops :)

PS I think the whole ambiguous wording of timed exclusives to make games look like full exclusives is a shi**y practice that game companies (including sony) should stop. It's shady, it's confusing, and it really just gets on peoples nerves.
I mean they didn't say 'full exclusive' or 'only on', meaning it has be timed, but Sony during their conference said first on the PS4 console on games like Hellblade and when they meant exclusive like WiLD or Rime it really is

in other words , MS should really stop hiding things behind PR speak
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^ Yeah, the PR speak was pretty annoying, even Aaron Greenberg went at Geoff Keighley for suggesting that it was a timed exclusive. They really need to work on their messaging because they been bungling on that front since last year (although Phil Spencer usually gets things right).