Forza 5 has mandatory free day-one DLC. Won't work w/o it.

Do you also play with non-PlayStation devices? Do you enjoy playing as a plumber saving a princess? Or some bald marines? Or maybe you want to play using the touchscreen?
xgh0st12x
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Unfortunately, not all gamers might think like that. Some folks may think like this:

Xbone gamer: "what?! Xbone launch and no forza?! Screw you ms!!"

Sony fanboy: "hahaha! Forza 5 delayed! Ms sucks!"
PSN ID (PS4): Gh0st0fSparta12 XBL GT (XB1): xgh0st12x NNID (WiiU): xgh0st12x
Pamilya, trabaho, ehersisyo, home tyeter, bidjo geyms. Copy paste hanggang kamatayan.
TurnBased
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: twolfkg

let them rant then. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. That's how people got Microsoft to reverse their policies.
PSN ID: twolfkg / TurnBasedPPS
3DS FC: 4468-1101-2937
xgh0st12x
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Correct!

Malay natin, marinig ms or turn 10 itong mga rants natin, magawan pa nila ng paraan para ilagay in game yung mga patches.
Pero kung hindi, ok lang din. ok na online patch. Wag lang delay. :)
Pamilya, trabaho, ehersisyo, home tyeter, bidjo geyms. Copy paste hanggang kamatayan.
TurnBased
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^optional day one patch dapat.

In any case, I just hope that this will be an isolated incident and not industry standard.
xgh0st12x
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Yeah. I hope so too. Sana isolated lang ito.
I guess we just need to understand na rin the kind of presure they are in.

Hindi lang kasi launch game ang forza 5 eh. They want to release a console's flagship racing game on the console's release date. Malaking dent yan sa launch lineup ni xbone kung mawawala yan.
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

For me ok lang kung madelay to. Since sa release day pala may patch na to "complete" the game. Kung idelay nila to baka 1 month lang ang pinaka matagal if ever.

And talking bout delaying games in general mas ok na yun for me kaysa pinilit mahabol ang deadline tapos ang labas eh "broken product".
xgh0st12x
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

If they release the game tapos broken yung patch, then we can expect the sh1t to hit the fan.

Till then antay antay na lang tayo.

Im just happy that they havent gone back on their word to release the game on the console's release date. I dont want this to be another "the disks are being stamped as we speak" fiasco.
parokyano
LeBronista

Anong game yung nagka ganung issue?

BTW when I said mas ok for me kung delay ang release kaysa maging broken yung game because sa nangyari sa mga exclusives dati ng ps3. I think yung lair isa sa mga example ng rushed game saps3 na naging maganda sana kung hindi napressure ang mga devs na ilabas. Example naman ng mga games na maganda kinalabasan dahil na delay yung mgs4 and gt5.
pantellica
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

TurnBased wrote:Okay, let's lay it out in bullet points para klaro...

- Warhawk and MAG are online multiplayer only games. Same as World of Warcraft, Marvel Heroes, League of Legends and all those MMOs out there. There is no problem with these games requiring internet connections because they do not have offline single player.

- The time that it does become a problem is when even the single player mode requires you to be online. See Diablo 3 and SimCity. This was also the problem with Xbox One's previous required 24 hour check ins, which I am ecstatic that Microsoft has reversed.

- I'm sure everyone here has the means to maintain a stable internet connection. I, personally would have been able to manage the Xbox One's 24 hour checks ins and Forza's day one DLC. I can download that Day One DLC just fine. That isn't the problem.

- Then again, not everyone is as fortunate as us. Please do not assume that what works for you will work for everyone else.

- The problem is when this thing becomes a common practice. If this thing catches on, then more games may come out with MANDATORY day one DLC. If that happens, then Microsoft's reversal on their policies will have been negated. You will still need to constantly check in in order to play.

- 10 to 20 years from now, if I am to find a used disc of Forza 5, will I be able to play it? Or will it be forever unplayable since the Day One DLC and Microsoft's servers have since been taken down? This is already happening btw. DLC for Marvel Ultimate Alliance is no longer available, and online servers for games like Halo 2 and other old games have already been taken down. This hurts the long term value for games. At least I know my PS3 collection will live on, same my PS1 copy of Final Fantasy VII.

- You are also effectively buying an incomplete product with the promise that it will be fixed at a later time. A good is supposed to be verified as functional and complete upon the completion of the point of sale. Up to this time, day one patches are generally accepted but still frowned upon. It makes developers lazy, thinking that they can release an imperfect product and fix it later.

- Bottomline, I am against Digital Rights Management and Microsoft's previous policies. I see this Day One DLC of Forza's as a way for Microsoft to ease people back into their previous policies. If enough people buy into this strategy, then there's nothing stopping Sony from doing the same, and we'd be living in a dystopian DRM future. It's not an issue whether I can download the patch or not, but the damaging long term effects of such a practice.
very well said Turnbased..you almost said exactly all my opinions from page one to current in this topic.... :2thumbs:
xgh0st12x
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

parokyano wrote:Anong game yung nagka ganung issue?

BTW when I said mas ok for me kung delay ang release kaysa maging broken yung game because sa nangyari sa mga exclusives dati ng ps3. I think yung lair isa sa mga example ng rushed game saps3 na naging maganda sana kung hindi napressure ang mga devs na ilabas. Example naman ng mga games na maganda kinalabasan dahil na delay yung mgs4 and gt5.
Yup. Was talking about our ps' own flagship racer, gt5. It kinda lost its hype and anticipated impact after several delays. Dont get me wrong though, it still is the ps' awsomest racing gamme evah. Marami lang na dismaya at nainis after the delays.
parokyano
LeBronista

For me di naman nakakainis yun. Ang nakakainis kapag minadali tapos puno ng bugs. And sabi din ng PD nhihirapan sila sa pag code sa ps3 kaya when I read about it naintindihan ko na why it's being delayed.
xgh0st12x
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

This article's actually a couple of days old. Wonder why it's news didnt make it to this thread any sooner...
Hmmm... ;)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/18/ ... -clarified
"In the beginning of the game, the player will be racing against Drivatars that are contained on the disc and were trained by the [Turn 10 development] team," Greenawalt said. "While playing, the player will be asked to connect to Live in order to download a completely fresh set of player-created Drivatar opponents – it’s not a lot of data, but the download contains enough Drivatars to cover all difficulty settings. Connecting will also download new content – but the vast majority of the launch content is contained on the disc.

"This download is simply additional cars and tracks. The gameplay is not blocked while downloading the additional content; it’s done in the background just like disc install."

None of these offline installation scenarios apply to digitally purchased versions of the game, obviously.

Here's where the eventually part comes in. "The player won't be blocked from playing the game" if they've never connected it to Xbox Live, Greenawalt said. "But deeper areas in the career mode were designed to utilize these additional cars and tracks." (So does this mean that it's not really a show stopper if you dont connect online? You'd just be missing out on a great content designed to make the game played better... similar to other titles and their respective DLCs) He clarified even further.

"This is similar to what we did on Forza Motorsports in the last generation as well – shipping both free and premium content at launch. In some ways it’s similar to the Disc 2 content in FM4 as well. However, this time (unlike DLC tracks in previous Forza’s) deeper progression in the career mode was designed to fully integrate this launch downloadable content."

Should you lose your connection while you're playing, Greenawalt said, "You’ll be able to play Forza Motorsport 5 in Career mode, Free Play, and other offline modes. Like Xbox 360 cloud saves, the next time you connect, your save game progress will automatically synch with Xbox Live."

Greenawalt also shed extra light on how the Drivatar system works with and without an Internet connection. He told IGN, "While the Drivatar feature is designed to take advantage of Xbox Live and the processing power of the cloud, its revolutionary approach to opponent has been designed to work offline as well. Racing against the Drivatars of others does not require a connection. Drivatar learning and training does require a connection to the cloud as it’s a real-time training system. Any time that you connect Forza Motorsport 5 to the Live servers, you will automatically download a refreshed set of Drivatar opponent data."

He added that downloading fresh Drivatar data is "not a lot of data."

What about your Xbox Live friends? Will you still see your friends' Drivatars when playing offline?

"Not necessarily. When you first connect Forza Motorsport 5 to the Live servers, you will download a set of Drivatar opponents (it’s not a lot of data, but it contains enough Drivatars to cover all difficulty settings) for use in offline mode. This set of Drivatars will not necessarily contain your friends. From race to race as you stay connected, your friend’s Drivatars, cars, and paint schemes will be pulled into your races – as will updated Drivatar strangers and rivals based on your difficulty settings."

Forza Motorsport 5 is due to launch on the same day the Xbox One console does this November.
parokyano
LeBronista

It's from IGN. Maybe kagaya ko yung iba dito na bihira na pumunta ng IGN. Gematsu and Siliconera ako madalas mapadaan. I don't think sinadya ng wag na ipost dito yan para wala makaalam ng "good" news na yan
TurnBased
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Iyun naman pala eh. Kung may offline play siya and you're not just getting a piece of plastic that needs online verification, fine by me.

You can partly blame the gaming blogs who carefully word their article so as to give the idea that the Forza 5 update would be mandatory and get gamers riled up so as to increase the amount of traffic in their blogs.