Petition Calling for Return of Xb1 Policies Passes 20K Sigs

Do you also play with non-PlayStation devices? Do you enjoy playing as a plumber saving a princess? Or some bald marines? Or maybe you want to play using the touchscreen?
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

Petition Calling for Return of Xbox One Policies Passes 20,000 Signatures
Plenty of people seemingly want the Xbox One policies to return.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1602 ... ignatures/
At this point, it seems like consumers just don’t know what they want from the next generation of consoles. After the venomous reaction Microsoft suffered due to the Xbox One’s stringent DRM and 24-hour check-ins, the company decided to pull away from the not-so-user-friendly policies and market the machine in a new fashion. Most people seemed happy with the fresh direction, but a new petition that’s calling for the return of all the old features tells a different tale. It started with just a thousand or so signatures, but as of this writing, more than 20,000 people have added their names to the list.

The author, David Fontenot, is asking Microsoft to bring back the Xbox One everyone was promised during E3. To him, that box was the real future of gaming consoles.

“This was to be the future of entertainment. A new wave of gaming where you could buy games digitally, then trade, share or sell those digital licenses,” the post reads. “Essentially, it was Steam for Xbox. But consumers were uninformed, and railed against it, and it was taken away because Sony took advantage of consumer’s uncertainty.”

How seriously should we take this? One of the top comments on the website gives a pretty good indication of what type of people are “supporting” Fontenot’s cause.

“I love restrictions. I want always online DRM. I want the game rental business to become obsolete. I don't want to let my friends borrow games, because f*k them,” the commenter states. “All I care about is my god damn new age console that'll blow everything else out of the water!”

Even with such a large group behind the petition, it’s highly unlikely that Microsoft would return to these policies after all the hard work its put in to restore the Xbox One’s image.
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

Trolls.. :lol: nung may drm pa yung xbone di sila nagparamdam by pre ordering the xbone. :lol:
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

parokyano wrote:Trolls.. :lol: nung may drm pa yung xbone di sila nagparamdam by pre ordering the xbone. :lol:
...yung mga nagpetition na yan puro ps4 fans. :bigmouth:
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
joey_ed27
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: JOEY_ed27

Tibarn wrote:
parokyano wrote:Trolls.. :lol: nung may drm pa yung xbone di sila nagparamdam by pre ordering the xbone. :lol:
...yung mga nagpetition na yan puro ps4 fans. :bigmouth:
My reaction

1. Tama si Parok's you have to put your money where your mouth is.
2. Id be pretty worried if I pre-ordered this on the basis of the non DRM & connection issue.- Looks like a change of heart from MS may be possible again down the line.