Miyamoto teases new Wii U franchise

Do you also play with non-PlayStation devices? Do you enjoy playing as a plumber saving a princess? Or some bald marines? Or maybe you want to play using the touchscreen?
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/41 ... franchise/
"We hope you'll look forward to the games to come [for Wii U]," he says. "Next spring, with the release of Mario Kart 8, we'll have a general selection of titles available, so I've been thinking it would be a good time to bring out a new franchise."

Famitsu then asked for clarification that Miyamoto was referring to an all-new title and whether he was working on it directly.

"I can't say too much in detail right now," Miyamoto replied, "but I've been pretty busy with this title these days."

Elsewhere in the interview (as translated by Polygon), Miyamoto explained why the upcoming Wii U title Super Mario 3D World will stick to the traditional Mario platforming gameplay.

"Mario is a jumping action game, after all. With a lot of games these days, you have a ton of camerawork and you don't really know what you're doing, but you still get a lot of excitement and exhilaration out of it.

"I'm not saying those games are bad, but in the end, for us, whether it's Mario or Pikmin, we think it's the most fun if you work out what you're playing in your mind and decide where to go next by your own free will. That's something I think we should ensure stays in what we do."

Super Mario 3D World will be released this December, while a recent Nintendo newsletter suggested a Mario Kart 8 release date of April 2014.