Pikmin 3 (Wii U - NA 8.4.2013)

Do you also play with non-PlayStation devices? Do you enjoy playing as a plumber saving a princess? Or some bald marines? Or maybe you want to play using the touchscreen?
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

Despite being a sometimes unreasonably passionate supporter of the Pikmin series, Pikmin 3 hasn't really wowed me just yet. Perhaps that's because my expectations are so high -- I'm looking for something larger in scope here, not simply more of the last installment presented with superior visuals. Everything shown so far has been nice, but again, I haven't been amazed.

This trailer from Nintendo Direct, however, is a huge step in the right direction. Between the awesome new enemy designs, the fancy lighting and depth-of-field tricks, and those lily pads, I'm in love all over again. Best of all, in my opinion, are the landscapes shown -- which expand on the notion that our protagonists are miniscule -- and feel much more alive.

Fair warning: there's Pikmin death in this video. If their haunting cries bother you, consider watching with the sound turned off. This is finally starting to look like a fully realized game. Remain patient, Wii U owners.
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

Coming August 4, 2013 :agree: