Marvel Heroes (from the makers of Diablo and Diablo 2)

Do you also play with non-PlayStation devices? Do you enjoy playing as a plumber saving a princess? Or some bald marines? Or maybe you want to play using the touchscreen?
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Xanshi

Free-to-play MMO Marvel Heroes gets first trailer

Gazillion Entertainment has released the first gameplay trailer and details for Marvel Heroes, its upcoming free-to-play superhero MMO. It seems we’ll be fighting our way through the streets as the likes of Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Thor in a Diablo-style isometric beat ‘em up. Unsurprising given that the dev’s president, David Brevik, is a veteran of Blizzard North, the studio responsible for Diablo and Diablo II.

What gets me most excited as a life-long Marvel fan is the announcement that the game’s story is being written by Brian Michael Bendis, one of the most consistently good scribes of comic lore in recent years. Victor Von Doom seems to be the main villain at launch, brooding over some kind of doom-y artifact like his usual, doom-y self.

The accompanying press release confirms that the game will include Iron Man, Storm, Black Widow, and more:

“Drawing upon the 8,000-plus heroes and villains in the Marvel Universe, Marvel Heroes allows players to become their favorite Marvel Super Heroes –- from the popular Iron Man, Thor, Storm and Black Widow to the lesser known Squirrel Girl and Cable. Fans will be able to completely customize their characters by constructing costumes taken from each hero’s rich history, choosing from a huge array of super powers for each character, and finding thousands of other items. There are countless ways for players to tailor their experience.”

It also reveals that we’ll be visiting several suburbs of New York City, along with the Xavier Institute (billed as one of the game’s social hubs) and other iconic locations. Microtransactions are confirmed, but Gazillion promises that you won’t have to spend money to play the “full game.”

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/22/free- ... t-trailer/

Video is in the link....
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Gundam Extreme Vs and The Witcher 2

"A mild manner Accountant by day, A Gamer by night"
SirZap
Big Daddy
PSN ID: SirZapp

this would be like Marvel Ultimate Alliance but more massive. but I don't know if they are going to have that 4 character limit per mission, i sure hope they don't; imagine a mission that requires a dozen of x-men, a 12-man or should i say 12-mutant mission :mrgreen:
Like · Comment · Share
You and 101 others like this.
TurnBased
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: twolfkg

Pag PVP naman, Civil War :lol: :lol: :lol:
PSN ID: twolfkg / TurnBasedPPS
3DS FC: 4468-1101-2937
SirZap
Big Daddy

TurnBased wrote:Pag PVP naman, Civil War :lol: :lol: :lol:
+like :2thumbs:

also, it might be possible na 1 mission would be puro spiderman :lol:
Like · Comment · Share
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

My problem will be how the levels work because alot of people would want to play their favorite Superhero of villain? I mean would you see a couple of Spiderman in the map?

SirZap
Big Daddy

i think, or i guess, that levels goes with the missions you can join.

i mean as far as i can guess is that you can only play certain missions depending on your level. also when i say mission it would be like dungeon(?) or instance based.

as for multiple spiderman, that could be a possibility but if i remember it correctly that was a video stating that whoever be the first spiderman is spiderman so it implies that a queuing system is in place. if that is the rule then when you and I play spiderman for the same mission and we queue in at the same time we end up in different instance.
Like · Comment · Share
Fantasy Gamer
Judge Magister Supreme
PSN ID: Fantasy_GamerX

Yes! I hope there will be a console version, too.

"A SOLDIER First Class performs above and beyond the call of duty at all times." --- Angeal Hewley, CCFFVII
Lawyer • Gamer • Lover • Father
TurnBased
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: twolfkg

Pwede ring maging Clone Saga kung multiple Spider-men :lol: :lol: :lol:
PSN ID: twolfkg / TurnBasedPPS
3DS FC: 4468-1101-2937
SirZap
Big Daddy

SirZap wrote:also, it might be possible na 1 mission would be puro spiderman :lol:
SirZap wrote:as for multiple spiderman, that could be a possibility but if i remember it correctly that was a video stating that whoever be the first spiderman is spiderman so it implies that a queuing system is in place. if that is the rule then when you and I play spiderman for the same mission and we queue in at the same time we end up in different instance.
Kinontra ko sarili ko :rofl:
TurnBased wrote:Pwede ring maging Clone Saga kung multiple Spider-men :lol: :lol: :lol:
if its allowed for multiple spiderman , sana! :2thumbs:
Like · Comment · Share
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

Hmm..interesting enough! Kung ala Diablo ito, paano kaya mahandle yung loot system? Easy enough for some Marvel characters but how do you equip stuff on other characters with signature equipment already? :sweat:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
SirZap
Big Daddy

baka naman may generic at hero specific na items. tipong +15 defense kapag generic tapos kapag specfic lets say Hulk "gamma helmet" +damage +mana pero kung susuutin ng iba +mana lang.
Like · Comment · Share
adrianlitam
Kileak: The DNA Imperative
Kileak: The DNA Imperative
PSN ID: adrian2k

Mukhang ok tong game na to ah..
PSN ID: adrian2k
iandavidvinoya
Power Serve 3D Tennis
Power Serve 3D Tennis
PSN ID: ianvinoya

Mukhang astig tong game na to ah, para ngang yung Marvel Ultimate Alliance (although hindi ako nakalaro pero base sa mga napanood ko) Sana pwede pa rin magsama sa same instance kahit same hero, sabi namin nila customizable naman so hopefully makita rin ang difference sa appearance.

OffT: Baka may MUA2 kayo dyan na ayaw niyo na, buy ko na lang :P
Playing
PS4: Assassin's Creed Unity, Dragon Age: Inquisition

US PSN: ianvinoya < PS4 and PSVita
HK PSN: iandavidvinoya < PS3
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

G-Sentinel
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: Wandererster

Retired-LE MGS4 PS3 - 2008 - 8/12/2012
SirZap
Big Daddy

Like · Comment · Share
Fantasy Gamer
Judge Magister Supreme
PSN ID: Fantasy_GamerX

Sana maglabas sila ng PS3 version. :pray:

"A SOLDIER First Class performs above and beyond the call of duty at all times." --- Angeal Hewley, CCFFVII
Lawyer • Gamer • Lover • Father
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Fantasy Gamer wrote:Sana maglabas sila ng PS3 version. :pray:
Which platform it will come out is the first thing a gaming company reveals on a game. There is no word that is even remotely coming to a console. Check their website, you'll see nothing on platforms.

https://marvelheroes.com/

Closed Beta Question Answered At PAX

For any development team, there are a few big questions you look forward to answering when working on a new game. Questions like, “What’s the name of your game?” or “What type of game is it?” Today we are excited to offer the answer to possibly the biggest question yet for Marvel Heroes - “When does Closed Beta begin?”

As told to the attendees of our panel at PAX 2012, the answer is October 1st, 2012. Beginning on October 1st you will be able to create a free account on http://www.marvelheroes.com. Creating this account automatically enters you for a chance to be selected to join the Closed Beta for Marvel Heroes.

Closed Beta will be starting with a relatively small number of people, but we’ll be adding more people over time. If you don’t get in right away, don’t worry, you’re still eligible to be selected. We cannot guarantee you will be selected, although we will try to let in as many people as possible over time - so please be patient.

We can’t wait to show you Marvel Heroes! Mark your calendars for October 1st and visit the website today to submit your email address (check the right hand side of the front page!), and we will send out a reminder when October 1st rolls around!

The Marvel Heroes Team

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-arti ... swered-pax

SirZap
Big Daddy

got an email from MarvelHeroes.com
I have already created an account SirZap din ang name.

edit:
I got an email reply after registering. it says:
Please Remember, that registering for an account does not immediately grant access to the Closed Beta. If you are selected for the Closed Beta another email with the steps to enter will be sent to you - keep an eye on your email!
:pray:
Like · Comment · Share
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

Sana naman eh may offline mode ito... :sweat:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo