Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Do you also play with non-PlayStation devices? Do you enjoy playing as a plumber saving a princess? Or some bald marines? Or maybe you want to play using the touchscreen?
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

(adriasang)
http://andriasang.com/con02c/etrian_odyssey_iv_screens/

We got a first glimpse at Etrian Odyssey IV during the Nintendo Direct broadcast earlier today. Famitsu.com has since posted its own look at the game, with many of the screens and artwork that appeared in this week's issue of Weekly Famitsu.

The images show the game's swordsman class -- one of many jobs you'll find in the game. When you start off the game, you'll create your own character, selecting name, physical appearance and job, and build up a party of five members.

One of the major new features for Etrian Odyssey IV is the switch to full 3D models for monsters. Previously, monsters had been shown as sprites. This is put to good use through the new powerful "F.O.E" enemies you'll encounter in dungeons.

Also a major selling point for Etrian Odyssey IV is the artwork by Nizou Yamamoto, who's worked on Studio Ghibli films. Yamamoto is doing background visual work, some of which you can see below.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

gematsu

Atlus is bringing Etrian Odysesy IV, which launched in Japan this July, to 3DS in North America in early 2013. It will be called Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan.

The game wil introduce a “wide range” of enhancements, including an improved graphics engine with polygonal enemies and special effects designed to take advantage of the handheld’s 3D capability. It takes players through “beautiful, yet menacing realms” with their custom created characters and party. It promises to be a “brutal challenge” and “not for the faint of heart.” But a Casual mode will be added for newcomers, as well.

“The Etrian Odyssey series is an enduring love letter to a bygone era, a time when the thrill of adventure; the rewards of imagination; and the satisfaction of true challenge could truly transport gamers to another world,” stated Aram Jabbari, Manager of Public Relations and Sales at Atlus.

“While Legends of the Titan continues to be a bridge to that past, the series now enjoys its most technologically sophisticated foray yet. Enemies are rendered in 3D and practically pounce out of the Nintendo 3DS at the player. The areas to be explored and mapped have never been as intricately detailed and memorably vibrant. The wondrous music of Yuzo Koshiro is back, fully orchestrated and as epic as ever. At the risk of sounding oxymoronic, we’re proud to bring our fans the newest, most exciting old school CRPG throwback yet!”
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

Hehe...gumaganda line up ng 3DS this coming 2013!! :cheer:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
flipsflops
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: flipsflops

5 years ago, Etrian Odyssey is the reason I bought a DS. And then 2 years ago I sold my DS.

Next year, 3DS, here I come!
The Etrian Odyssey series is an enduring love letter to a bygone era, a time when the thrill of adventure; the rewards of imagination; and the satisfaction of true challenge could truly transport gamers to another world

--It promises to be a “brutal challenge” and “not for the faint of heart.”

--The areas to be explored and mapped have never been as intricately detailed and memorably vibrant.
Naiiyak ako dito. Na-excite ako gumawa ng mapa!
白線の内側に下がってお待ちください
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

Feb 24 na din pala ito..just a few weeks after Fire Emblem!!! :cheer: :cheer:

Ganda ng first quarter ng 3DS..halos every month may isang game na talagang maganda! :mrgreen:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

Damn...so many RPGs coming out for the 3DS this 1st quarter lang!! Can't ask for more but...I WANT MORE!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

Malapit na din ito! Heads up sa mga interested to put their reservations in at the local stores! :agree:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

Tuesday na pala ang release nito...and I haven't even finished Paper Mario and ni hindi pa ako nakakabili ng Fire Emblem! :sweat:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

Ayoko sana nito kasi parang nakakahilo mag dungeon crawl naka naka first person pero dinownload ko pa rin yung demo kasi atlus kaya curious ako. Di pa ko nakakalayo sa demo pero mukhang ok naman. Medyo malalwak yung game mechanics nito and mukhang medyo mataas learning curve. Pero baka kumuha ako nito maganda yung feel ng game. Pag sinipag ako try ko ulit yung demo, simula pa lang kasi puro tutorial na and medyo matagal na pag organize pa lang ng party.
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

Yeah, this game isn't your typical rpg that you come in, play, know the characters and then yun na. May unforgiving side itong game na ito. Para sakin, ito ang may feel na "demons souls" pagdating sa jrpgs. :twisted:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
flipsflops
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: flipsflops

Grinding! Hindi pa kasama yung trabaho na gagawin mo sa pag drawing ng map.
白線の内側に下がってお待ちください
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

flipsflops wrote:Grinding! Hindi pa kasama yung trabaho na gagawin mo sa pag drawing ng map.
Hehe...sa pag drawing ng map ako medyo nahirapan noon. Talagang time consuming siya kaya hindi ko nalaro ng husto yung mga lumabas na EO sa DS. :sweat:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
parokyano
LeBronista

Wow meron na agad sa db.. 1650.. :agree:
martiansoshifan
Jumping Flash!
Jumping Flash!

Honestly, this game looks bad in my opinion. Ni hindi mo makita mga character mo and yung effects parang kulang. San po ba siya bumabawi, sa story? Not trolling btw, i really really want to be convinced because as it stands, i won't be getting this and that means 1 less game for me to play.
Last edited by martiansoshifan on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PS3 Slim Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Limited Edition 250GB
Ar Tonelico Qoga R2, FFXIII R3
PS Vita Value Pack 4GB (Black)
Persona 4 Golden R1, DJ Max Technika Tune R3
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

parokyano wrote:Wow meron na agad sa db.. 1650.. :agree:
Wanna buy it!!! Kaya lang...kaya lang...wala pang budget. :( :( :( :( :(
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
bleituna
Wipeout
Wipeout
PSN ID: iCdione

martiansoshifan wrote:Honestly, this game looks bad in my opinion. Ni hindi mo makita mga character mo and yung effects parang kulang. San po ba siya bumabawi, sa story? Not trolling btw, i really really want to be convinced because as it stands, i won't be getting this and that means 1 less game for me to play.
yan din dahilan ko hindi ko masyado fan ng 1st person.
PSN: iCdione
parokyano
LeBronista

Seraph011 wrote:
parokyano wrote:Wow meron na agad sa db.. 1650.. :agree:
Wanna buy it!!! Kaya lang...kaya lang...wala pang budget. :( :( :( :( :(
Haha di ako naniniwala talaga. :lol: pero part of me gusto ng bilhin ito dahil sa 1st release dedition na may ost and artbook din yata.

Pero gaya nung concern ni martian di rin ako fan ng 1st person view sa jrpg. Ang cute pa naman ng character portraits nila kaya mas ok sana kung nakikita yung model nila kahit while exploring lang.

Pero with that being said nung unang boot ko na demo nagustuhan ko yung presentation, nakaka gana yung bgm and gusto ko yung feel niya. Yun nga lang nung nasa dungeon na na intimdate ako sa mechanics lalo na yungsa map kaya nag quit muna ako. Next try ko talaga ng demo try ko na tapusin para makuha ko talaga yung feel ng game and I suggest na try nyo din muna yung demo.
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

Hehe..sakin ok naman yung first person view, nasanay na kasi ako sa mga older persona games. Ang talagang nahirapan ako was yung map making, kasi una kong EO yung 3, siguro nanibago ako. Pero pati yung dungeon crawling part hindi typical rpg dating para sakin kasi mga regular na kalaban malalakas din, kaya bawat laban seseryosohin mo talaga at least for the first parts. :grin:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
bleituna
Wipeout
Wipeout
PSN ID: iCdione

ma try nga muna demo LOL.
PSN: iCdione
martiansoshifan
Jumping Flash!
Jumping Flash!

Bleituna
Well, i don't really hate the firstperson view, i love CoD afterall, i just feel na misplaced siya sa jrpgs. May sinukuan akong dragon quest game sa DS na FP.

Parokyano
Kuhang kuha mo boss pero siguro nga itry ko din yun demo. Don't think it'll do much though.

Seraph
I'd actually welcome the difficulty but if the mechanics aren't there, it would be a con. Persona and devil survivor lang kasi nalaro ko sa SMT, i haven't played the main series.
PS3 Slim Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Limited Edition 250GB
Ar Tonelico Qoga R2, FFXIII R3
PS Vita Value Pack 4GB (Black)
Persona 4 Golden R1, DJ Max Technika Tune R3