DRMs on PC Gaming

Do you also play with non-PlayStation devices? Do you enjoy playing as a plumber saving a princess? Or some bald marines? Or maybe you want to play using the touchscreen?
Player
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

Kinakainisan niyo ba ang mga privacy-invasive DRMs?

Digital rights management (DRM) is a term for access control technologies that are used by hardware manufacturers, publishers, copyright holders and individuals to limit the use of digital content and devices. The term is used to describe any technology that inhibits uses of digital content that is not desired or intended by the content provider. The term does not generally refer to other forms of copy protection, which can be circumvented without modifying the file or device, such as serial numbers or keyfiles. It can also refer to restrictions associated with specific instances of digital works or devices. Companies such as Sony, Amazon, Apple Inc., Microsoft, AOL and the BBC use digital rights management. In 1998 the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) was passed in the United States to impose criminal penalties on those who circumvent encryption.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management
http://gameztheory.blogspot.com/

I'll update twice a week.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

Kaasar yan! :lol:

Orig naman ang bibilin, may "suffering" pa. Bibili na sana ako ng Assassin's Creed II sa PC kaso kailangan laging naka-connect online para makapaglaro. E single-player lang naman yun. Fail! :lol:
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
Player
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

cel-shaded wrote:Kaasar yan! :lol:

Orig naman ang bibilin, may "suffering" pa. Bibili na sana ako ng Assassin's Creed II sa PC kaso kailangan laging naka-connect online para makapaglaro. E single-player lang naman yun. Fail! :lol:
Can't stop to pirate! But anyway, yung DRM di makaka-stop ng piracy. In fact, pinapalala pa ito ng DRM. :banghead:
http://gameztheory.blogspot.com/

I'll update twice a week.
TurnBased
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: twolfkg

Last week, nawalan kami ng net dahil sa Pedring.

Edi kung ganun, hindi ako makakalaro ng orig games sa PC.

This is why I prefer console gaming.
PSN ID: twolfkg / TurnBasedPPS
3DS FC: 4468-1101-2937
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: DonKB-PSX

Yeah. I can understand kung lumipat sa console gaming ang isang tao dahil sa DRM. Me? I just check this site ( http://steamdrm.flibitijibibo.com ) before I make my purchase. Kung may install limit ang game, I stay away from it.
Your friendly neighborhood, generic bald and filthy casual gamer

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
PS4 "Amateur" (CUH-1106A) - June 5, 2015 to Present
PS5 - June 18, 2022 to Present
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

paano kung dumating ang panahon na pati sa console gaming dinala ang drm? di ba ngayon may install na ang games? :facepalm:
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

Fail talaga ang implementation ng DRM sa games eh. Sa ebooks, DRM comes in the form of the book being tied to 1 account/device. If you try to open it using a separate account, hindi siya mag open.

Imagine if you had to be online na din just to read books you downloaded to your kindle/nook/ibooks?! ^^
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Xanshi

Seraph011 wrote:Fail talaga ang implementation ng DRM sa games eh. Sa ebooks, DRM comes in the form of the book being tied to 1 account/device. If you try to open it using a separate account, hindi siya mag open.
They had to do DRM or else we will saying goodbye to our favorite gaming company. I don't necessary think DRM attach to an account is a fail. Just look on how steam works. I believe it was the right direction for PC games with DRM.
Seraph011 wrote:Imagine if you had to be online na din just to read books you downloaded to your kindle/nook/ibooks?! ^^
That's why I hate Ubisoft DRM.
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Gundam Extreme Vs and The Witcher 2

PSN ID: Xanshi
"A mild manner Accountant by day, A Gamer by night"
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

Agreed, Steam does a pretty decent job on upholding DRMs with games so I stand corrected in that it is a failure. We can only hope that other companies who do implement DRMs follow this method para naman hindi hassle for people who can't always have an online connection.

Yun din nga isang gripe ko sa DIablo 3 eh, how it requires to you to always be online. I understand how this is Blizzard's way of securing the game and preventing cheating since they are incorporating real money into the game via item selling / purchasing, pero I just plain miss the day when you can play DIablo anytime, anywhere regardless of where you are or if you have internet connectivity.
Seraph M.D.
An1mo