The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Do you also play with non-PlayStation devices? Do you enjoy playing as a plumber saving a princess? Or some bald marines? Or maybe you want to play using the touchscreen?
doy
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: doy626

thanks sa reply mga bro. magupgrade nalang ako ram to 4gb ddr tapos baka ibaba ko nalang resolution to 720p
PSN ID: doy_07

Experience Chewy:
Trinoma (2nd Level)
Greenbelt 3 (3rd Level)
SM Cebu (3rd Level)
bisugzzz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bisugz

anyone playing the game sa umpisa may pia sabog kaya nakatakas? sakin iba eh. old fashioned way. :oops:
PSN US:Bizugs

PSN HK:Bisugz

Nintendo FC: 2595-1096-5750

MADE IN [RP] Samahang Sandatahan

WHEN GOTHAM IS ASHES... THEN, YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO DIE..
Bear
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: bear091283

Malas ko naman..

I bought the game yesterday for $49.99 steam and still downloading

Ngayon 33% sale amf! $33.49!
PSN ID: bear091283
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Xanshi

^^Malas mo lang....
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Gundam Extreme Vs and The Witcher 2

"A mild manner Accountant by day, A Gamer by night"
ViperXtreme
Cosmic Race
Cosmic Race

Patch 1.3 is out along with free DLC

http://www.thewitcher.com/patch1-3/
bimmerps
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: EmperorX888X

no need to wait for ps4/xbox720 graphics, andito na lahat ng next gen graphics sa game na to, especially if you play @ max/high settings, except uber sampling though :mrgreen:
PSN ID: EmperorX888X

PS3 SLIM 320GB + MOVE
XBOX 360S 250GB + KINECT
Core i5-2400 + GTX460 1GB OC + LG 27" LED
Sony Vaio S 13P Carbon Fiber Gun Metal
LG 50" FullHD Plasma
Logitech Z680, G27, Racing Seat, SS Frame
doy
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: doy626

^ tawang tawa ako dito hahahahaha :lol:

Di ko pa nalalaro itong 2 pero naalala ko yung moments ko nung withcer 1. One of the best games talaga kahit hindi ako rpg fan
PSN ID: doy_07

Experience Chewy:
Trinoma (2nd Level)
Greenbelt 3 (3rd Level)
SM Cebu (3rd Level)
ViperXtreme
Cosmic Race
Cosmic Race

well, its your opinions i guess, and note that this game is in the line of crysis/2 in terms of graphical demand, specially when ubersampling is enabled (this game likes quadies and a high end graphics card is required for better appreciation) Mass Effect 2 graphics? meh, altho yung facial expression dito sa game eh medyo patay. My experience on my first playthrough is different tho, i enjoyed it but the ending left me hanging. Ill replay it since depending on your choice in the first act, act 2 will be completely different in story and location.

I actually like the non spamming of potions in battle. Parang me sense of value talaga sila unlike sa iba na naka ilang litro ka na eh ayus lang lol. Altho sa Witcher 1 pwede ka uminom ng potion in battle but in limited quantities din since me toxicity sila. Halata naman minsan kung magkakaroon ng battle and dun ko madalas mag intake ng potion. I liked the combat as well, pero sana binalik nila yung stances sa Witcher 1 hehe.

Overall, the game is not some othert game that tends to hold your hand. Bahala ka to figure out hehehe, meron din naman in game manual or the user manual na kasama yung game, andun mostly mga tips and tutorial.
jacksparrow123
Battle Arena Toshinden
Battle Arena Toshinden
PSN ID: tofiluk123

pagaknu na ito sa datablitz mga tol :sweat:
Unit: Ps3 slim 120gb 12/05/09 CECH20006A
Ps3 fat 260gb
ps2 fat
Black Nintendo Wii US
psp 3000 silver
Games: Metal gear solid 4,Nba2k10,motorstorm,Cod 4 MW,Grand theft auto 4
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

CDP hints at Witcher 2 expansion, Witcher 3

Fans of The Witcher 2 can tentatively begin looking forward to an expansion pack as well as The Witcher 3, CD Projekt Red has hinted.

Game designer and writer Jan Bartkowicz dropped heavy hints about both to Eurogamer today.

"We still have at least one big title ahead of us in The Witcher franchise," he told us.

"All I can say is - outside of when the pre-production starts and finishes - with the story team we were probably in pre-production for The Witcher 3 during making The Witcher 2."

"Just because even while we were doing The Witcher 2 it was all about, you know, there's got to be probably something after.

"Of course we're not announcing anything," he added. "We cannot say, I cannot say - I don't know if it's going to be The Witcher 3 or something else that covers the story, but there's probably going to be some releases in the future."

Put next to a comment made during Bartkowicz's Eurogamer Expo 2011 presentation, the case for an expansion is strong.

"All I can say is we're planning on releasing something. [The Witcher 2.0 is] not the last update for The Witcher 2," he said. "That's what I can assure you."

The Witcher 2 was released earlier this year on PC. An Xbox 360 version is in development that will have additional content, including the 2.0 features that go live on 29th September for PC. All additional Xbox 360 content will be offered as a download for PC owners free of charge.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011- ... -witcher-3

Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

CD Projekt “assures” that 2.0 isn’t last Witcher 2 update, teases Witcher 3

The Witcher 2′s hotly anticipated 2.0 patch, perhaps its witchiest to date, is just around the corner, but CD Projekt’s not letting Geralt hang up his monster-killing swords and lady-killing, well, equipment just yet. There’s plenty more on the way, the developer said during the Eurogamer Expo. As for precisely when it’s coming, well, that’s a bit less clear.

“We still have at least one big title ahead of us in The Witcher franchise,” designer and writer Jan Bartkowicz told Eurogamer. “All I can say is – outside of when the preproduction starts and finishes – with the story team we were probably in preproduction for The Witcher 3 during making The Witcher 2.”

He then went on to say more than “all” he could say:

“Of course we’re not announcing anything. We cannot say, I cannot say – I don’t know if it’s going to be The Witcher 3 or something else that covers the story, but there’s probably going to be some releases in the future.”

In the meantime, though, The Witcher 2 2.0 is hardly the incredible fantasy sequel’s swan song.

“All I can say is we’re planning on releasing something,” Bartkowicz explained. ”[The Witcher 2.0 is] not the last update for The Witcher 2. That’s what I can assure you.”

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/09/27/cd-pr ... witcher-3/

Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Witcher 2 version 2.0 overhauls combat, adds dark mode and battle arena, out tomorrow

The huge, free 2.0 update to the Witcher 2 will hit tomorrow, adding new modes, a proper tutorial, and dozens of major fixes designed to improve combat. The fiddly enemy targeting system has been improved, controls feel smoother and Geralt’s attacks can no longer be constantly interrupted by a prod from one of a dozen enemies.

The patch will add a new Arena mode. Separate from the single player campaign, this will throw Geralt into a gladiatorial ring in which he much fight off waves of increasingly powerful foes for GLORY. And points. Mid-fight, you’ll encounter allies that can be recruited to help with tougher waves. Once you’ve racked up a good sum, you’ll be able to post your score online.

Then there’s dark mode, designed to add a new level of difficulty for hardened Witcher fans. Every enemy will have the strength to quickly take you out, but a string of new quests will let you unlock new armour sets and gain cursed weapons, because wielding cursed weapons always ends well. The patch makes loads of other changes, and incorporates all other patches and previous DLC additions. If you upgrade from a fresh install, you’ll get all of the many, many free improvements CD Projekt have made to the Witcher 2 in one package. Get the full patch notes below.

Here’s some bonus good news for new players. CD Projekt have decided that throwing Geralt into a siege battle without telling the player anything about how to stay alive was too unwelcome an introduction. A new opening adventure will teach players the basics of alchemy, magic, and how to swing a sword real good. Combat will feel even better, hopefully, thanks to these changes:

Home > News > Witcher 2 version 2.0 overhauls combat, adds dark mode and battle arena, out tomorrow
Witcher 2 version 2.0 overhauls combat, adds dark mode and battle arena, out tomorrow
Tom Senior at 11:38am September 28 2011
Comments 26
The Witcher 2 - zap and stab thumb

The huge, free 2.0 update to the Witcher 2 will hit tomorrow, adding new modes, a proper tutorial, and dozens of major fixes designed to improve combat. The fiddly enemy targeting system has been improved, controls feel smoother and Geralt’s attacks can no longer be constantly interrupted by a prod from one of a dozen enemies.

The patch will add a new Arena mode. Separate from the single player campaign, this will throw Geralt into a gladiatorial ring in which he much fight off waves of increasingly powerful foes for GLORY. And points. Mid-fight, you’ll encounter allies that can be recruited to help with tougher waves. Once you’ve racked up a good sum, you’ll be able to post your score online.

Then there’s dark mode, designed to add a new level of difficulty for hardened Witcher fans. Every enemy will have the strength to quickly take you out, but a string of new quests will let you unlock new armour sets and gain cursed weapons, because wielding cursed weapons always ends well. The patch makes loads of other changes, and incorporates all other patches and previous DLC additions. If you upgrade from a fresh install, you’ll get all of the many, many free improvements CD Projekt have made to the Witcher 2 in one package. Get the full patch notes below.

Here’s some bonus good news for new players. CD Projekt have decided that throwing Geralt into a siege battle without telling the player anything about how to stay alive was too unwelcome an introduction. A new opening adventure will teach players the basics of alchemy, magic, and how to swing a sword real good. Combat will feel even better, hopefully, thanks to these changes:

Patch notes

Numerous improvements have been made in the targeting system.
Parrying is now unlimited (even when Vigor is completely depleted), though parries no longer cancel all damage (maximum 50% reduction once the relevant ability has been acquired).
Responsiveness of game controls has been improved. This includes but is not limited to casting Signs, parrying, and attacking immediately after evading an opponent’s assault.
Geralt’s attacks are no longer interrupted by attacking opponents. Attacks are now contiguous and foes cannot interrupt Geralt’s attacks by landing a blow.
Assorted fixes now prevent opponents from incessantly attacking Geralt after he has been knocked down. Geralt can no longer be knocked down repeatedly in quick succession. Also, he rises quickly while evading subsequent attacks.
Geralt no longer attacks opponents located behind other opponents positioned nearer to him.
The target locking system has been improved. Preference is now given to previously highlighted targets.
Target selection has been improved. Priority is now given to foes affected by a critical effect facilitating the completion of a finishing move.
The additional two steps Geralt took after mounting an attack with the W, S, A or D key depressed have been eliminated.
Attacks can now be continued even when a key controlling Geralt’s movement (e.g. W, S, A, D) is depressed.
Attacks can now be continued if the attack key is depressed immediately after the final strike of an attack animation sequence.
Geralt can now pivot 180 degrees immediately after completing an attack.
Assorted problems with key responsiveness have been resolved. Keys no longer need to be depressed twice or more to trigger a given action.
A distance attack problem has been resolved. Geralt now mounts distance attacks (lunge with sword in hand in the Fast style) when opponents were located at a suitable distance from him.

Other corrections and amendments:

Casting several bombs no longer blocks further inputs.
An option has been added to the configuration tool enabling aspect ratio to be set independently of resolution.
The amount of disk space required for game patching has been reduced.
The loading of selected Witcher 1 game saves no longer causes the game to crash.
A greater number of monsters now appear in the cave leading to Loc Muinne.
Improvements have been made in the manner in which monsters are spawned in the mist in Chapter 2.
The visual effect accompanying Adrenaline use no longer disappears prematurely.
Archers now draw their swords more quickly when Geralt approaches.
Mages no longer automatically cast shield spells when Geralt casts daggers at them.
The game is now paused when Geralt executes a finishing move in combat.
The troll in Chapter 2 has been corrected. Previously, in some circumstances he could not be attacked.
Physics on cast daggers have been improved.
The site for aiming daggers is now more visible.
Geralt’s animation when he dies while casting the Axii Sign has been corrected.
An exploit in the fight against Letho has been eliminated. Previously, this foe could be killed by casting bombs in quick succession.
An exploit related to the ‘Insane’ difficulty setting has been eliminated. Previously, game saves could be loaded with difficulty set to this level, which was contrary to design intentions.
Camera positioning/operation has been corrected during the boss fight against the kayran.
Camera control via gamepads has been improved.
Assorted adjustments have been made in mutagen statistics.
The ‘Junk’ filter in the Inventory has been adjusted to provide for correct item filtering.
In the Inventory, the dialogue window warning of prohibited actions has been corrected.
Assorted corrections have been introduced to the mini-map in Chapter 1.
Audio balance throughout the game has been adjusted.
Erratic character teleportation in mini–games has been eliminated.
Assorted adjustments have been made in animations applying to nekkers.
A minor bug in the “Scent of Incense” quest has been resolved.
Numerous minor fixes have been introduced in character lip-sync throughout the game.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/09/28/witch ... -tomorrow/

triballistic
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix
PSN ID: triballistic

Got mine from GOG.com dahil may sale sila nung release ng version 2.0. Great game! Mahirap sa umpisa yung combat pero it's strangely satisfying. :shock:
PSN: triballistic
cassanova
Street Fighter: The Movie
Street Fighter: The Movie
PSN ID: richkid77

planning to buy this one. need ko pa ba buy witcher 1? connected ba siya sa 2 or ok lang kahit witcher 2 na agad?
current male to female ratio 1:5 rofl
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

cassanova wrote:planning to buy this one. need ko pa ba buy witcher 1? connected ba siya sa 2 or ok lang kahit witcher 2 na agad?
Kinda connected but the story on each game stand on it's own. The only distinct advantage in playing Witcher 1 are the choices you made in the 1st game will be carry over to the next. Another is the gear, but these things can be fixed by downloading a save file of the 1st game.

gd1
Battle Arena Toshinden
Battle Arena Toshinden
PSN ID: Solid_Ggood

This game is awesome! Late ko na-discover ito. It keeps a low-profile, but it is one of the best games this year.
TW2 > Skyrim, Dark Souls...
PSN: Solid_Ggood
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition to add free areas, quests and characters in April

Do you own the Witcher 2? Good news! On April 17 your copy of the Witcher 2 will be upgraded to the Enhanced Edition free. That’ll add new quests, new places to quest in and new “major characters” to meet.

There will also be a new CGI cutscene depicting the assassination of King Demavend. According to the news post on Good Old Games “BAFTA Award winner and Academy Award nominee Tomasz Baginski brings this key historical event to life (not actually historical – Historical Ed)” You’ll also get a game map, game guide, manual, soundtrack and Witcher comic free.

Are you planning to own The Witcher 2 before April 17? Good news! You ALSO will get your copy upgraded come April. The Witcher 2 is on sale at 15% off for the next two weeks on Good Old Games to celebrate.

The Enhanced Edition is just the latest in a big series of hefty free updates that have been added to The Witcher 2 over the course of the last year as CD Projekt continue to make their great game greater still. Bravo.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/01/27/the-w ... -in-april/

Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

Paano ba gameplay nito...? :sweat:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Seraph011 wrote:Paano ba gameplay nito...? :sweat:
Action oriented ang gameplay niya. You can use swords, magic, traps and potions. And there's a tree that improves the gamestyle you prefer.

Please refer to first post for videos of the game. I'm pretty sure I posted down a gameplay video of the game. If not, you can always search the youtube.

Though if you're planning on playing this game. The game system requirements is really high. But if you can play this game then it has one best graphics(for now) out in the market. Story nice too since it's based a famous fantasy novels from Poland. Setting is mostly based on Scandinavian culture & mythology with a splash of other European culture & mythology. Just think of Middle earth but with Scandinavian culture.

Be warned that developers aim to imitate how the middle ages was supposed to be. You'll hear alot swearing and sex will be abudant here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher

Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Here's the trailer for the Enhanced Edition. I know it's xbox360 at the end but PC gamers are included in the enhance edition.