Android Phone

Do you also play with non-PlayStation devices? Do you enjoy playing as a plumber saving a princess? Or some bald marines? Or maybe you want to play using the touchscreen?
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: DonKB-PSX

CPSC looking into other Samsung smartphones for potential battery problems

We knew this one was probably coming. With the Note 7 in the news for all the wrong reasons, the media and consumers have come out of the woodwork to report any and all incidents involving fire and device failure on part of Samsung devices. That’s not surprising, but it isn’t just Samsung’s recalled phablet getting the spotlight shone on it.

With a growing number of reports about battery problems with other Samsung phones, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is taking its investigation beyond the Note 7.

You might recall the recent incident of the boy that was injured by an exploding Samsung phone that was originally identified as the Note 7 but later confirmed to be a lower-end Samsung Galaxy Core Prime. That’s not the only such report, however. There was also a video of a woman who had her Galaxy S7 burst into flames at a cafe, a man whose car caught fire while charging a Galaxy S7, and at least a few other reported incidents involving other phones such as the Galaxy S6.
*SNIP*
Click here for the whole article.
Your friendly neighborhood, generic bald and filthy casual gamer

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
PS4 "Amateur" (CUH-1106A) - June 5, 2015 to Present
PS5 - June 18, 2022 to Present
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I really wanted to get a Note7 as a replacement for my current smartphone, as I'm still rockin' on my almost four-years-old Samsung Note 2. :-P But it seems even the "safe" Note7 are still prone to battery malfunctions. :cry:

A Galaxy Note 7 unit replaced by Samsung exploded during the boarding of a Southwest flight. There wasn’t any major harm though. Take a look below to find out more.

A Replaced Galaxy Note 7 Device Exploded During Boarding of Southwest Flight

Samsung is currently in the process of replacing all Galaxy Note 7 handsets around the globe that have faulty battery units inside them. The company has acknowledged the grave issue and has also issued a public apology. The phablet looked like an impressive gadget at the time of its launch. It even featured an Iris scanner, which is the first of its kind for a flagship phablet. Nevertheless, it seems as though the Korean electronic giant’s troubles are far from over.

Another Galaxy Note 7 has managed to go up in smoke today. Ironically, it was a replacement device and allegedly trouble free. This particular Galaxy Note 7 malfunctioned while passengers were boarding Southwest flight 994 in Baltimore at Louisville International Airport on Wednesday. The owner had replaced the handset a little more than two weeks back, from AT&T. It’s not easy to replace Note 7 units either, as a lot of users have reported the problems they’ve faced.

While we’ve seen widespread problems with several mobile gadgets in the past, none of these have managed to gather the amount of infamy the Note 7 has. Malfunctioning batteries have resulted in airline instructions to power the device off when boarding jetliners. Now, looks like it just might be banned all together. Today’s exploding Galaxy Note 7, owned by Brian Green, started to smoke up while he was boarding the flight. It started to emit smoke while in his pocket.

In haste, Green pulled the Note 7 out and dropped it on the floor. When his friend went in to retrieve belongings later on, Samsung’s latest had burned right through the carpet. The ensuing panic resulted in the evacuation of more than 75 passengers and crew members. Had the Note 7 been even half an hour late to hiss smoke, the consequences would have been far more devastating. We’re just glad the device chose just the right time to hiss ‘green, angry smoke’. It was charged at 80%, so looks like even replacement units of the Galaxy Note 7 aren’t able to hold charge. The device’s box can be seen in the image above, courtesy of The Verge. So stay safe folks, even if you’ve replaced the Galaxy Note 7. And as usual, let us know what you think in the comments section below.
SOURCE: http://wccftech.com/replacement-galaxy- ... t-boarded/

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Para sa mga nag aabang sa LG V20. :-D (Isa rin ito sa prospects ko even before the Samsung Note7 fiasco)

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
pogzz505
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: pogzz505

32990 cash
35990 12 months
with B&O earbuds pa yan and extra battery...total 2 batteries makukuha

90% na ko convinced na kukuha iniisip ko pa muna kung ok sa ganyang price ang LG...S7 Edge kasi hindi pa Type C...

pero ito kasi ang pasok sa specs na gusto ko...saka Asus Ultra

God can take care & provide for me and my family better than I can..
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

panalo yan v20 lalo na for music.. and dual lens pa camera.. wala lang sanang bootloop issue gaya sa gx models ng lg..
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

i read sa mga comments sa gsmarena that this unit does not hold a charge very well, kaya pala may libreng isang battery pag bumili ka.
**** ****!
pogzz505
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

parokyano wrote:panalo yan v20 lalo na for music.. and dual lens pa camera.. wala lang sanang bootloop issue gaya sa gx models ng lg..

bro ano yung bootloop?

parokyano
LeBronista

sa pag power on ng phone paulit ulit lang siya sa LG and Android logo.. di siya umaabot sa user interface.. try mo icheck sa youtube.. and yes.. isa sa known issues din ng LG phonea yung optimization ng battery..
pogzz505
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

so Samsung pa rin talaga...nasira lang sa Note 7

bumili kasi ako ng Zenfone 3 5.5" kaso hindi maganda naging experience ko sa after sales

parokyano
LeBronista

ano naging issue ng zf3 mo? and aka asus warranty?
pogzz505
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

yung earphone jack nagloloko, hindi siya sa physical na jack mismo kasi after restart nagana uli then after ilang minutes or hour hindi na uli siya detected, need mo pa restart lagi kung gagamitin earphones. Kahit factory rest wala din.

ni-replace siya nung una kasi 7 days replacement kaso same issue dun sa bagong phone e pang 8 days na so kailangan daw i-repair sa head office. It took 3 weeks to repair pero the next day same issue pa rin. I asked for replacement or upgrade na lang ako ng Asus Ultra pero need pa daw ng 3 back job bago nila replace or upgrade.
Nasa 2nd back job ngayon and ok naman employees nila disappointed lang ako, kasi I shifted to Asus, bumili rin ako ng laptop nila which is nice, and sana tiningnan nila mabuti na same issue meron yung phone and give the paying customer a nice consideration para bumalik.

kaya naghahanap na lang ako ng bago and pag nagawa bigay ko na lang sa daughter ko.

pogzz505
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

nag-check ako ng bootloop sa you tube pati rin pala Samsung marami din...sa LG halos puro G4.

pogzz505
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

i'll pre-order this V20 later tonight at SM Bacoor.

parokyano
LeBronista

nice.. sa memoxpress ba yung may free 200gb sdxc and earphones?
pogzz505
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

LG concept stores lang yata available...di ako tumuloy sira headlight ng car ko bukas na lang ako pre-order.

parokyano
LeBronista

yung memoexpress kasi nagtitake din ng preorder.. pero same sila ng freebies na 200gb memory card and b.o. earphones ba yun?
pogzz505
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

@parokyano

tama ka nga bro yung receipt ko sa LG concept store may logo ng memoexpress and the hive. Yup free Sandisk 200gb, B&O earbuds and extra battery...yung sakin magiging to follow na raw yung 200gb kasi daw sa dami ng pre-order. I can wait may 128gb pa naman ako na gamit.

parokyano
LeBronista

pag dumating na bro pa.feedback if ok kamusta audio quality ng v20..
pogzz505
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

finally got my V20...install muna ng mga apps...

confirmed yung dumating sa atin dual sim + a separate slot for the microSD.

sa ibang countries yung 2nd SIM slot ang sa microSD...ang hindi naisama sa atin yung adapter na type C to type A USB.

pogzz505
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

About the V20 Hi-Fi DAC...

I don't own a high end headphone so i only tested it with the supplied B&O(new style which i don't like coz it falls easily and you have to really push it in your ear) and my cheap Remax earphones (the old style).

-Hi-Fi only works with jack plugged...you can turn it ON/OFF
-ON...it's not a huge difference but it's there, more clarity, deeper bass, instruments are like separated more
-OFF...you can hear the sound gets a bit muddy, parang dikit-dikit

Tried it with mp3 files 128 kbps...mas better yung FLAC files mas malinis

My Remax sounded better...so mas gaganda sound quality kahit cheap earbuds...lalo na siguro kung magandang headphone...

So lagi kong gamit yung B&O kasi mas maganda sounds niya. Yung Remax pag jogging na lang.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk