Android Phone

Do you also play with non-PlayStation devices? Do you enjoy playing as a plumber saving a princess? Or some bald marines? Or maybe you want to play using the touchscreen?
nels76
Destruction Derby
Destruction Derby
PSN ID: fronell

a13 wrote:mga pafs, any feedback sa xperia x10 mini pro? balak ko kasi kumuha para sa gf ko kasi gusto na nya palitan ang luma nyang phone na nokia 6300, hehe. lagi nya kasing ginagamit ang iphone 3g ko, kung ano anong pinaglalalagay na apps eh sobrang bagal na nung 3g. :bigmouth:
Consider getting other Android Phones pre if you want to fully embrace an Android Phone.
Ang issue lang nya is the Phone always restarts if she tries to use the Camera. Pero pag nag restart na, magagamit na nya ang Camera. Though hindi pa nya na-uupdate sa Froyo.
add me: PSN ID: fronell
theEnemy
IMBA
PSN ID: xtheEnemy

marcjeff2285 wrote:dami nagkalat na APAD ngayon yung china made na ANDROID TABLET panalo na sana sa presyo eh kasi murang mura kaso lang yung screen nya RESISTIVE type na screen so kelangan madiin yung pindot mo para lang magrespond yung screen kung CAPACITIVE lang sana yung screen panalo na yung mga yun kasi murang mura
:rofl:

parang Nokia lang ang may gawa ah.

:bigmouth:
PSN: xtheEnemy
conquerorsaint
Starblade Alpha
Starblade Alpha

Android still has horrible text messaging bugs that'll get you fired, busted, or otherwise embarrassed

mga sir totoo ba yung nasa article? does it apply to android phones here in PH?

I was looking at a Galaxy 5 yesterday kasi and would like to know feedback from owners here as well, thanks!
BUY/SELL/LEND MEETUPS :
WEEKDAYS : Alabang Town Center /Molito Complex Lunch Breaks (12nn-1pm) or After Office Hours (6pm onwards)
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Xanshi

conquerorsaint wrote:Android still has horrible text messaging bugs that'll get you fired, busted, or otherwise embarrassed

I was looking at a Galaxy 5 yesterday kasi and would like to know feedback from owners here as well, thanks!
I haven't encounter this yet, so I can't really comment if it does occur or not.
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Gundam Extreme Vs and The Witcher 2

PSN ID: Xanshi
"A mild manner Accountant by day, A Gamer by night"
joey_ed27
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: JOEY_ed27

conquerorsaint wrote:Android still has horrible text messaging bugs that'll get you fired, busted, or otherwise embarrassed

Galaxy 5 best entry level android phone :agree:

Texting via touchscreen does take time getting used to, more so for a smaller screen like that of Galaxy 5 compared to other high end android phones. Whats nice about galaxy 5 is that 2.1 eclair na sya, and reportedly it can support 2.2 froyo update. Medyo exaggeration naman yata yun article. Id say its a learning curve for the user rather the "bugs" itself.
launcelotlake
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix
PSN ID: Paovi

Hi. China Android Tablet user here, a.k.a. Apad

Fairly limited nga yung use ng Apad. My wife and I bought a 7" Apad each. We had a fair amount of research before thinking of purchasing this unit versus an Archos tablet. And we finally decided that the Apad should do just fine.

My purpose for the APAD:
1) Ebooks - epub reader works ok, as long as the formatting works.
2) Web clippings for my work - I bookmark and save my research material for my system design and implementation work. Later, I use the APAD at work for reference. Sometimes I quote my material during presentation, to a client, showing the APAD.
3) Email checking - I have 3 emails to check every now and then and reading it on the smartphone is an eyestrain.
4) I read manga on it - hehe
5) A lighter unit to carry around while in bed.

My wife meanwhile uses the APAD for an entirely different purpose
1) Surfing the net about baby care and development
2) Storing pictures for future family gatherings - she loves to show our baby's pics
3) If I'm not mistaken, doon yata niya tinatago yung secret recipe niya for that killer Pesto.

Having a lighter unit to bring around, gives me more time for my 7-month old baby. Dati kasi, I had to lug around a laptop while taking care of the toddler - ngayon, dinuduyan ko baby ko sa balikat ko with my right hand holding up the APAD looking up research material. On some days when we go out to the malls, bringing with me a 2kg laptop+accessories with the baby's stuff is a complete hassle so the APAD becomes my choice for casually surfing the net while I sip my coffee and entertain the baby on a carriage.

What the APAD is not:
- We also decided that the APAD is not for games. Its processor speed and memory are definitely not something to brag about. Tama nga yung last post, not very responsive yung screen. For us, gaming is restricted to the PC, PSP and the PS3
- It's not a long term device. Battery only lasts for 3.5 hours - even shorter when using high brightness and WiFi. The unit is not a permanent device to replace your current laptop/pc - it merely helps and sometimes enhances your internet experience.
PSN ID: Paovi
Open Source Systems Administration Consultant by day, Manga/Anime/Gamer fanatic by night.
Everyday husband, twice on Sundays...
a13
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: batoy11

mga pafs, anong feedback nyo sa htc desire hd? sumubok ako kanina sa htc shop, maganda naman.
PSN ID: batoy11
Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8672-9360
RAYANT8
Hardcore Gamer
PSN ID: xxRAYANT8xx

bakit kaya yung Galaxy 5 matapos ko ayusin yung icons sa menu....after ilang araw nagkakalat-kalat nanaman yung mga icon kainis
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

good news for Android phone users
SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT TO UNVEIL
“PLAYSTATION®SUITE,” DELIVERING THE WORLD
OF PLAYSTATION® TO ANDROID™ BASED PORTABLE DEVICES

Simultaneously Launching “PlayStation®Certified” License Program to Provide
PlayStation® Content and Development Support for Android™ Based Portable Devices

Tokyo, January 27, 2011– Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) today unveiled “PlayStation®Suite” (PS Suite), delivering the PlayStation® experience to Android™ based portable devices*1. Through this entirely new initiative, users will be able to enjoy PlayStation content on an open operating system for the first time in PlayStation history.
In the dramatically evolving and diversifying mobile market, the number of users who enjoy games casually on a variety of devices including mobile phones, smart-phones and tablet PCs, has been increasing significantly. By offering “PlayStation quality” content to this rapidly growing market, SCE will not only deliver the PlayStation experience to a wider base of users around the globe, but will also be able to offer game developers and publishers the potential to further expand their business opportunities to these devices.
In providing the PlayStation experience on Android based portable devices, SCE will commence a “PlayStation®Certified” license program for hardware manufacturers. Through this program, SCE will offer necessary support, including development support as well as logo licensing, to ensure the delivery of PlayStation quality experience across various devices.

On the software front, SCE plans to provide PS Suite content within this calendar year, starting with original PlayStation games*2 (PS one® classics) that will allow users to enjoy “PlayStation quality” gameplay on their Android based portable devices. SCE also plans to open PlayStation®Store where users will be able to download content in an easy to use environment, directly via the Android based portable devices. Moreover, SCE will provide a new game development environment in an effort to ensure new and compelling content is delivered on PS Suite, which will also offer opportunities for a wider base of developers and publishers to further expand their business on various portable devices.

Newly developed content for PS Suite can also be enjoyed on the next generation portable entertainment system (codename: NGP), which SCE announced today. Users who have never experienced PlayStation content can get a taste of the PlayStation experience through PS Suite and from there, they can enjoy the ultimate portable entertainment experience that is only possible on NGP.

SCE will vigorously enhance the entertainment world delivering the PlayStation experience to a wider base of users.

*1 Androidâ„¢ 2.3 or beyond is required.
*2 PS one game console software title. We will announce the tiles when ready.
Quantumsage
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Umm p'wede ba magtanong mga master? merong bang Android phone na nasa 10k or less ang price? and if meron OK naman kaya?
You laugh at me because I am Different
I laugh at you because you are all the same

I am not Anti Social
The Society is Anti me

Don't Judge Me
Based on your Ignorance
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

dante117 wrote:^Ang angas nyan!
parokyano wrote:Medyo OT.. ito na iPad Killer.. with my queen.. :love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsSjCkQnry0
Astig mas maliit sa iPad. Kaso magkano kaya aabutin yan?
32K to 35K pafs.. side by side mas ok pala specs ng Galaxy Tab sa iPad.
cholobuster
Arc the Lad
Arc the Lad
PSN ID: CholoBuster

magkano po yung galaxy s? planning to buy it. any tips na maibibigay niyo po? hehe. :ashamed:
You think darkness is your ally. You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING!
-Bane

PSN ID: CholoBuster
kLuMzi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Quantumsage wrote:Umm p'wede ba magtanong mga master? merong bang Android phone na nasa 10k or less ang price? and if meron OK naman kaya?
ZTE Blade kung meron dyan. Bang for the buck smartphone, £50-£90 lang. Kung makakahanap ka ng old version mas ok yun dahil AMOLED screen, yung mga bago daw TFT nalang eh.
RAYANT8
Hardcore Gamer
PSN ID: xxRAYANT8xx

launcelotlake wrote:Hi. China Android Tablet user here, a.k.a. Apad

Fairly limited nga yung use ng Apad. My wife and I bought a 7" Apad each. We had a fair amount of research before thinking of purchasing this unit versus an Archos tablet. And we finally decided that the Apad should do just fine.

My purpose for the APAD:
1) Ebooks - epub reader works ok, as long as the formatting works.
2) Web clippings for my work - I bookmark and save my research material for my system design and implementation work. Later, I use the APAD at work for reference. Sometimes I quote my material during presentation, to a client, showing the APAD.
3) Email checking - I have 3 emails to check every now and then and reading it on the smartphone is an eyestrain.
4) I read manga on it - hehe
5) A lighter unit to carry around while in bed.

My wife meanwhile uses the APAD for an entirely different purpose
1) Surfing the net about baby care and development
2) Storing pictures for future family gatherings - she loves to show our baby's pics
3) If I'm not mistaken, doon yata niya tinatago yung secret recipe niya for that killer Pesto.

Having a lighter unit to bring around, gives me more time for my 7-month old baby. Dati kasi, I had to lug around a laptop while taking care of the toddler - ngayon, dinuduyan ko baby ko sa balikat ko with my right hand holding up the APAD looking up research material. On some days when we go out to the malls, bringing with me a 2kg laptop+accessories with the baby's stuff is a complete hassle so the APAD becomes my choice for casually surfing the net while I sip my coffee and entertain the baby on a carriage.

What the APAD is not:
- We also decided that the APAD is not for games. Its processor speed and memory are definitely not something to brag about. Tama nga yung last post, not very responsive yung screen. For us, gaming is restricted to the PC, PSP and the PS3
- It's not a long term device. Battery only lasts for 3.5 hours - even shorter when using high brightness and WiFi. The unit is not a permanent device to replace your current laptop/pc - it merely helps and sometimes enhances your internet experience.
nice :agree: trip ko din bumili ang mura na eh for as low as 3.5K meron kana...gagamitin ko lang pang-araw araw pang-check nabubugbog kasi laptop ko sa araw araw na ginagamit....tanong lang ano bang version maganda? at anu mas ok 7 or 10 incher?
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

jebi_renly
Ace Combat
Ace Combat

sino ang naka htc desire hd dito?what do you think of this phone?im thinking of getting this instead of the iphone 4..
pogzz505
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: pogzz505

may nagamit ba sa inyo ng Archos..
PSN ID: pogzz505

God can take care & provide for me and my family better than I can..
JettieJet
Mr. Fifty K

jebi_renly wrote:sino ang naka htc desire hd dito?what do you think of this phone?im thinking of getting this instead of the iphone 4..
Ayos lang naman sya. If you know how to root and everything okay sya. Hindi sya dapat icompare sa iphone pero ang HTC products is pwede mo ibato buhay na buhay pa rin dahil quality wise OA sya sa tibay. Madalas nasasyang warranty ko. Been using 3 HTC products na wala ako masabi. Nagka Iphone na rin ako parehas lang naman sa touchscreen.

All capacitive screens naman iphone and HTC Desire HD.

If you want to beat the iphone4, Yung HTC HD7, kung marami ka alam sa tweaking, bagay ka dito.

My brother has the iphone4, and I have the HTC Desire HD2 ( pero nakareserve na to benta benta lol pero downgrade muna ako sa mini-desire hehe ). Both nakalikot ko na rin. So far mas malaki screen ko at mamarami akong pwedeng gawin sa android OS dahil parang linux lang yan hehe. Pero kung papogian at pang social climber shoot na shoot si iphone4 hahaha
PSN ID : JettieJet
Recent Platinum : AC3( PS3 hibernation mode )
Minds are like parachutes. They work best when opened.
jebi_renly
Ace Combat
Ace Combat

olrayt thanks! :agree: :agree:
jebi_renly
Ace Combat
Ace Combat

complicated bang mag-root ng android phones?how is it compared sa pag-jailbreak ng iOS?