Datablitz's Silly Practice to Secure their Goods

Announcements, information, invitations, concerns, questions, and anything about our PlayStation community.
randal
Myst
Myst
PSN ID: lord_randal

Lirgota wrote:I can usually ask for new stocks on the counter. I let them or me open it in the shop. Better get to check the condition of the contents rather leaving with it sealed. I know from experience that it's hard to return stuff from all shops. So check items if its good then go. If there's something wrong get it replaced agad.
It's really more of a personal thing that I opt out of it, I guess. I have shipped quite a number of games from online stores abroad to be quite comfortable with the risks involved in not having much of assurance for the goods aside from the seller's reputation of being great at delivery. Based on my experience, most games are in tip top shape out of the factory anyway, and when they're handled well there really isn't much to worry about. Most of the times I've had problems were when our local Customs office got involved. Badly handled products don't need much inspection to see they're badly handled; it only takes a little more scrutiny to catch problems. What's pretty unfortunate is that many of the games on DB's shelves look like they had been shipped and handled well, until the people at the stores decide to mishandle them by slitting through the factory seal.

I don't usually play the games I buy anywhere the moment I get them home. I actually have quite a number of games in my backlog that I have kept in my shelf still in their factory seal because I tend to buy more games faster than I can finish them. I guess to me, keeping them intact is also a way to preserve some resell value. Nowadays, it's not very uncommon to buy a game only to get them free under your PS+ subscription not very long after. For instance, I bought inFAMOUS 2 from Play-Asia some years ago. I waited months to play it because I was busy with some other games in my backlog. By the time I decided to go at it, I was able to download the copy I got through PS Plus' IGC. Up until now, the disc is kept in its factory seal. I know there isn't much money to be had if I decide to sell inFAMOUS 2 right now, but in case I really need to, the fact that it's essentially a brand new copy can give me a bit more bargaining power for it.
Are you just a blade of grass blown by the wind?
arohbi
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer
PSN ID: arohbi

this is more obvious on disc based game than cartridges based. as long as their business model is intact and no external threat (competition) they won't bother any of our concern. hoping that someday gaming industry in our country will boom so that competition will be tight to fix these anomalies.
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: skp7_13

Sa DB ako bumibili ng games. I always ask for a newer/fresher copy (yung nasa cabinet).
bahtul
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: blitz-j

Gaya ng sabi ni skp_16, you can always request for a stock in their stock room. Walang security tag yun. Usually hindi nila bibigay yung display unless last stock na yun. Di rin lahat ng branch naglalagay ng security tags. Sa SM Megamall at SM North EDSA ko lang naexperience yun.
anonymousd
PlayStation
PlayStation

increase competition para hindi nila masyadong monopolized
Jay
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: Solidsneyk

siguro dipende sa branch ng DB. pag nabili kasi ako ng ps3 game sa DB i let them open the case. just to check if the cd and manual are in good condition. ganun din kasi ginagawa ko kahit pag nabili ako ng cd sa odyssey. after i pay it in the cashier i will open it para macheck. agree ako kay Lirgota para kung may damage yung item palit agad. in my opinion hehe salamat.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

saka para pagdating sa bahay, isasalpak na lang sa console yung game :lol:
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

I always check the disc before leaving. There are times that the disc is loose inside the case.

What's really silly is their preorder practice. They delay the release of games to those who did not pre-order just to add arbitrary value in doing pre-order. Yeah, feel free to add posters, shirts, cosmetic DLCs... #@*^ I don't really care about but delaying the release? That's something. They already lost me as customer twice already. First NBA 2K17 which I decided to just get digitally (I would have bought five copies from them) then the PS VR which I bought from Megamall. Now I'd understand holding off selling it to everyone if supply is limited but it isn't. They have plenty of copies and units.

By the way, pre-orders are silly.
:bigmouth:
Infiltraitor
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: ELG_Forever

Last 2016 Binilhan ako ng wife ko ng Metal Gear Solid The Legacy Collection for the Ps3. Price was reasonable only to find out na meroon pala included art book ito. If you guys only knew gaano ka rich yung details at kapal ng art book ma iingit ka.

In my case mixed emotion ako. Both sad and rage. Piling ko dinaya ako sa mga loko. Parang yung value ng collection down to less than 50% dahil importante yung art book.

As for games, wala din kase tayung choice dahil sila lang naman yung largest known distributor sa pag kakaalam ko. majority kase PC gamers at meroon lang na bibiling pirated. Playstation consuls kase pang rich kids hehehe. Kaya kawawa tayo.

Minsan nag chat din ako sa kanila regarding NES Classic, yung 30 games. tapus sinabihan ko sila wag mag stock ng knokoff galing china, ndi na nag reply. Poor customer service talaga.
PSN ID: ELG_Forever (US) || PSN ID: Infiltraitor_PH (HK)
Mostly Online: PS3 COD MW2 || COD Ghost || COD AW
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: crazy4cajun

^^Yes. I have a copy of that Legacy Collection. Yep , maganda nga yung artbook and yung slipcase that comes with it. But I think Limited Edition lang yung may artbook.

"Bad things don't happen TO you. Bad things happen FOR you."
Infiltraitor
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: ELG_Forever

/\
:D yes limited edition nga pala. Yung tinignan ko lang nung time binilhan ako ng game nag youtube din ako about unboxing. Doon ko nalaman na may art book.

After that ndi ko na alam kung galing ba talaga sa limited edition or stand alone kase sa video may seal pa din yung game kahit galing sa box.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6kBMa-0RPo

Yung sayo magkano bili mo sa game? At wala din art book sayo?
PSN ID: ELG_Forever (US) || PSN ID: Infiltraitor_PH (HK)
Mostly Online: PS3 COD MW2 || COD Ghost || COD AW
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^^May artbook and slipcase yung akin. Bought it a few years ago.

All of the MGS: The Legacy Collection na nakikita ko recently wala nang artbook and slipcase.

"Bad things don't happen TO you. Bad things happen FOR you."