Cosplay Mania 2012 (Sept.29-30,2012)

Announcements, information, invitations, concerns, questions, and anything about our PlayStation community.
Khrysler Jerikho
Crimson Ai's Rated R Nekostar
PSN ID: Khrysler_Jerikho

Just saw an email Cosplay.ph inviting us to Cosplay Mania 2012. Nagpadala din sila ng PDF file with the info about yung fees and such.

Again, same questions as with the Best of Anime thread.
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Xanshi

Honestly I don't like their events. Kahit ba kaibigan ko si Henry.

Ganito lang yan, dapat maintindihan nila na non profit organization tayo. So paying for a booth would not be possible. If they offer a free booth space. Dapat maintindihan nila na kailangan natin ng booth space with ample space for a gaming exhibition. And be place where the traffic would be very little.

Kung hindi nila ma provide sa atin yun then bakit tayo magpapaka hirap.

Pwede natin silang i-reply pero i-express muna natin yung concern natin. Kung accomodating sila then we'll see what we can do about it...
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Gundam Extreme Vs and The Witcher 2

"A mild manner Accountant by day, A Gamer by night"
Khrysler Jerikho

This came into my email:

... whicxh then reminded me na di pa pala ako nagrereply sa kanila FTL.
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

Xanshi wrote:Honestly I don't like their events. Kahit ba kaibigan ko si Henry.

Ganito lang yan, dapat maintindihan nila na non profit organization tayo. So paying for a booth would not be possible. If they offer a free booth space. Dapat maintindihan nila na kailangan natin ng booth space with ample space for a gaming exhibition. And be place where the traffic would be very little.

Kung hindi nila ma provide sa atin yun then bakit tayo magpapaka hirap.

Pwede natin silang i-reply pero i-express muna natin yung concern natin. Kung accomodating sila then we'll see what we can do about it...
yup I agree with this
Khrysler Jerikho

Xanshi got to talk with the Cosplay.ph people (the organizers of Cosplay Mania) and were informed of our current stand. Xanshi asked if he the possibility of having PinoyPS occupy a booth in exchange for ticket-selling and a slice of a portion of the booth's profits.

The good thing here according to Xanshi is that they are also open to the idea. So Andre will send an e-mail to them soon about it to make it more formal.
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Paki lagay dito yung mga napagusapan natin kagabi. Isasama ko sa email para makita nila yung plano natin for the event. Also I'm waiting for a response from New Haven before sending an email to the cosplay.ph

Khrysler Jerikho

Points that were brought up:

1. Since non-profit ang PPS, can we procure a booth equivalent to the ticket sales for CosMania + a slice of the profit for the games?

2. Nobody has attempted to show games in 3-D aside from the Sony booth. Project Diva Dreamy Theater and the upcoming K-ON Houkago Live HD remake has 3D support. Why not step up our game and have players experience playing the game in 3-D? Can they (Cosplay.ph) serve as a mediator between us and Sony, which is one of their principal sponsors?

3. Not all Project Diva players have a PSVita. The Next Hatsune Miku game comes out on the last week of August. We can have these players experience the new game for a price.

4. We can arrange a few tournaments if Cosplay.ph would like to have one. We just need to coordinate it with Pinoy 2D Fighters if necessary.

5. We can also host a few lobbies for Dissidia Duodecim via Ad Hoc Party.

Among the PS3 games that we can demo by the time Cosplay Mania hits are the following:

Hatsune Miku Project DIVA Dreamy Theater 2nd
K-On! Houkago Live! HD
Naruto Shippuuden Ultimate Storm Generations
Skullgirls
Virtua FIghter 5 Final Showdown
Gundam Extreme Vs
Gundam Unicorn
One Piece Kaizoku Musou
Dead or Alive 5
Soul Calibur V
Street Fighter X Tekken
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (rumored September release)
Persona 4 Arena (rumored September release)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (lalo na kung may bumili ng lahat ng DLC)
Tales of Graces F
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Aquapazza

... magdagdag na lang kayo hahaha
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^^I think majority of the games we need to showcase should anime related games. But I will mention all the games that we are considering and ask for comments from the cosplay.ph

I will also ask if cosplay.ph have a means to acquire a 3DTV to showcase those games....

kodyak
Video Magician Extraordinaire
PSN ID: kodyak_kanutz

Mas OK nga yun kung SONY ang magprovide sa atin ng 3DTVs nila. kasi means of promotion na rin yun sa kanila. na maishowcase ang TV nila na gamit na games ay KAKAIBA hindi tulad sa ginawal nila dati sa CosplayMania. Ang concern ko lang eh yung space natin. we need a lot of it. :)
andami mong alam, ano kinakain mo araw araw?

[PHI]

kodyak_kanutz (HK)
el_cavitenyo (US)
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

kodyak wrote:Mas OK nga yun kung SONY ang magprovide sa atin ng 3DTVs nila. kasi means of promotion na rin yun sa kanila. na maishowcase ang TV nila na gamit na games ay KAKAIBA hindi tulad sa ginawal nila dati sa CosplayMania. Ang concern ko lang eh yung space natin. we need a lot of it. :)
Sony is a lost cause here. I don't want to bother writing a proposal letter and wait. All we need is 3DTV, I don't care if it's Samsung or whatever. The important part is we showcase the games in 3D. I'm just asking cosplay.ph group if they have a means on borrowing one.

As for the space, we will work on whatever is given to us. If it's small then we can't complain about it because it's given to us for free. All I'm gonna do is make a proposal on our plans and ask them to give us the proper space for those plans. I'm just waiting for the response of New Haven before I email them. If New Haven is joining us in order to increase our booth space.

Khrysler Jerikho

Yeah, I know asking them directly would be futile.

Pero kung ang cosplay.ph ang magtatanong....
katurayzz
New Haven
PSN ID: legos

@sir Xanshi...

sorry if i was not replying here... i did not get any pm or email regarding this planned project. if you could kindly let me know what your proposal is so i can see what we can do about it. thanks.
www.newhavenph.com
your gaming and pop culture haven.
PS3 Games new and used, Toys, Comics, Trading Cards and more...
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

katurayzz wrote:@sir Xanshi...

sorry if i was not replying here... i did not get any pm or email regarding this planned project. if you could kindly let me know what your proposal is so i can see what we can do about it. thanks.
Don't be sorry. The discussion just happen last sunday during the Vocafusion.

I was wondering if New Haven has plans on participating in the event?

If you do then I have to mention New Haven in my proposal in order to have our booths side by side.

Well here's the tentative plan for the moment.

We are asking for a free booth but we don't want to give it to us for free. We are proposing that we sell a minimum number of tickets in return. Just like we did in Vocafusion (they asked us to sell 25 tickets @ P200, and that's P5,000 already). We did a test run on charging on dreamy theater, alot of people played the game. And Henry told me as an alternative, they could ask for a portion of the profits instead of paying for the booth. Both ideas are fine with us. But personally, we like the first one better since we still need to buy tickets.

I was thinking 4-5 game booths for the event.

Our main game booth will be the Project DIVA. Ofcourse, we will be charging for it since we are planning on showcasing it in a 3DTV. I think this venture could be profitable depending on the price. As for acquiring the 3DTV, we have options.

1) x-Archangel-x has a 3DTV but he doesn't want to lend it since he will be losing their TV for a weekend. As compensation, I could lend my TV in the meantime. He still need to convince his mother. This option will be the last resort if we can't get a 3DTV.
2) We also have discussed that we could purchase a Sony 3D display monitor as an investment for the group.
3) I'm also planning on buying my own 3DTV. If I find a good deal, I might purchase one.
4) I also gonna asked if cosplay.ph has the means in borrowing one.
5) I just think of this one as I'm writing. If New Haven has a 3DTV?

Also as an alternative the K-On! Houkago Live! can be played in 3D too. If we can acquire a 2nd 3DTV then we might do that. But realistically, one is enough.

As for the other booths, we plan on playing Rockband and other anime related games. Such as Bleach, Naruto Ultimate Storm Generations, Gundam Extreme VS and other games mention above. We also plan to put some fighting games between them but I want to keep them at a minimum since we want the games to be anime related as much as we can. I hope that the Persona 4 has already come out by the time of the event.

Also Ades has volunteered his PS VITA for the Next Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA which is coming out in august. I don't know if we can connect the PS VITA in a TV. But we definitely gonna be charging for it since, not many people has a PS VITA. Plus, we need the funds in case we need to compensate Ades for the abuse the VITA gonna get.

Also, if anyone thinking that we should be doing a tournament. Personally, I don't like the idea. Why? Because in order for a tournament to be successful, we need to ask the help of the local gaming communities like pinoy2D or blazeblue philippines. We don't have any control on the games they want to play. I really want to stick on the anime related games as much as we can.

Finally, I would also like to ask everyone if it's feasible for us to create a new T-shirt design on the timeframe we have right now. I was thinking this could attract PPS members to come for the event. If cosplay.ph agreed on the idea of ticket sales then we sell the tickets directly to them.

That's all we are planning right now. If you have any comments, just post it here or we could discuss it on Toycon.

Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Let me know if New Haven has plans for this event. Before I email Henry of cosplay.ph

TurnBased
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: twolfkg

I still vote that we push through with a tournament for Cosplay Mania. We did discuss that we plan to re-establish relationships with other gaming communities, and collaborating with the fighting game community is the first step.

After doing some thinking though, I vote we push back the idea I proposed for a random fighting game tournament. I think it would be better if we focused on actually organizing a tournament first and establishing a good relationship with the fighting game community.

Regarding anime based games, I believe it's okay to feature games that aren't anime related, as long as they are the type of games that the anime fan will be interested in. ie. anime fans will more often than not still appreciate games like Tekken, DmC or God of War, so there shouldn't be a problem with showcasing those games too.
PSN ID: twolfkg / TurnBasedPPS
3DS FC: 4468-1101-2937
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^^Well it's my own personal opinion on the matter. If the majority feels like we need to do a tournament then I'm open to the idea. As much as I like to lead the group for this event. I really can't do it because of work. But I will do my best on negotiating a deal with cosplay.ph for the booth space. As well giving out ideas to improve our plans for the event.

Khrysler Jerikho

Stuff like DmC or any game na nagkaroon sa PS2 can get attention.

Except FPSs.
katurayzz
New Haven
PSN ID: legos

most likely NewHaven will be attending this year's Cosmania... as far as our plans for it we can probably discuss it at Toycon or after that since I will be really busy with all the Toycon preparations...
www.newhavenph.com
your gaming and pop culture haven.
PS3 Games new and used, Toys, Comics, Trading Cards and more...
Khrysler Jerikho

Noted sir Kino...

now we await the result of Xanshi's e-mail to Henry and the rest of cosplay.ph

Also, regarding as to what we can show to attendees... maybe we can make use of the HYBRID DISCS?

I plan to acquire the .hack and Rinne no lagrange ones in the near future.
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Khrysler Jerikho wrote:Except FPSs.
Wag na tayo magpalaro ng FPS.
katurayzz wrote:most likely NewHaven will be attending this year's Cosmania... as far as our plans for it we can probably discuss it at Toycon or after that since I will be really busy with all the Toycon preparations...
Ok, I'll mention you in my email...