Mod announcements (New rule about mega/big gaming threads)

Announcements, information, invitations, concerns, questions, and anything about our PlayStation community.
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

How about two kinds of thread allowable for a single game.
A dedicated thread for a Game's news & update
A dedicated thread for a Game's gaming comments (game experience, reactions & sharing game strategies.

Although the new host is big and need to be take advantage of, I'm thinking of kinda moderating the utilization of the having a big host.

Look, it's like every piece of a certain game's update is needed to have it's own separate thread. What if the game/developer/studio releases tons of information like 10 times a year before the game's release? So does that translate that we will have 10 threads of updates for single game? Don't you think it will flood the forum?

This is where the Game's News/Update thread will come in especially the thread starter or anyone who can modify the thread's title. Example:

"Game Title's News/Update Thread (Updated: New game features as of...)".
After some months and a new update happens it will modified into
"Game Title's News/Update Thread (Updated: New game unlockables as of...)"

The game's general official thread will be for game reactions/reviews/discussions for those who already played it

Although we have a bigger host, saving space is still a must i think..
It's like in a Proboards forum that some local mods and admins limiting each thread to 100 pages (And making a new one like Topic/Thread Part 2) so that they can save space (and locking the old thread that had reach 100 pages).

Just make it Two Threads per game title:
- One for Game Updates Only (you can make it a Sticky Topic until the game got released if you want)
- One for Game Discussions Only

Just my suggestion okay? :)
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

actually we don't allow any more related game thread once the [OT] comes out, same as what happened to the Tales of Xillia and Dragon's Crown thread

and don't worry about the forum database size, we regularly delete old game threads once the [OT] comes out and we are now on a paid hosting service unlike before so we have more than enough web server utilization :)
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

The purpose of having 1 thread for each new update is for visibility. It's like a blog post. 1 update, people comment, then everybody forgets it.

But once a game is released, all updates will be merged into 1 thread. New updates will be in 1 new thread, and after a certain time, will also be merged to the official thread.
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

Now I think yung mod na nireklamo ko dati eh I suggest na idemote, and that mod is seraph, and yep the one that I nominated when you're looking for new mods.

One disagreement I had with him nagresult sa pamemersonal niya sa ibang thread. Like flamebait and name calling na ginawa niya sa nba thread. Then kapag may nagtro-troll or nagfla-flamebait tsaka lang kikilos kapag may nagreact na and nangyayari yun everytime na ako ang involve and in the end putting me in the bad light. I also reported some incident several times and he ignored it several times, then after a while advised me sa ibang mod na lang ireport.
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

darkwing_uop wrote:the end goal for the new format (work still in progress) is to just click once and at a glance you will see what is new and what game is popular in the Pinoy PS scene

For example, if you are interested to know what is new in the PS4 scene, you would just click on the PS4 link and you would see this in one page, in our old system, you would have click in many threads just to know about these
Uncharted 4 Announced at E3 2014
MGS V MP Details (128 vs 128 multiplayer)
Gran Turismo 7 E3 Gameplay video
[OT] DriveClub (Live the car dream)
[OT] Killzone 4 : Shadowfall
[OT] Knack (Made by Mark Cerny)
[Rumor] All PS4 games will support KB/M eventually
Regarding GTA V, eventually all those GTA V related threads will be locked when the Official Game Thread [OT] is made, which the details are discussed here : http://pinoyps.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=65072

also, in the new system, if you click on the New Threads, you will be able to see what is new at a glance, instead of the new info being buried in the big threads
So far ok naman yung bagong format natin since visible agad yung mga updates especially for upcoming releases and breaking gaming news. Ang parang napapnsin ko lang na drawback is pag sobrang daming update or minor news na gagawan ng bagong thread, natatabunan yung mga existing official thread to the point na minsan tuloy mahirap na hanapin yung ibang game na may OT na. :sweat:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

don't worry, as we get used to it, people will know which news are thread worthy

also you can always forum Bookmark or Subscribe [OT] threads :), the functionality is right there below the thread
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

darkwing_uop wrote:don't worry, as we get used to it, people will know which news are thread worthy

also you can always forum Bookmark or Subscribe [OT] threads :), the functionality is right there below the thread
Ah oo nga...hindi din kasi ako sanay gumamit ng bookmarks before kasi most of the specific game threads were always visible. So far though ok naman yung new format kasi updated lahat ng news. Also bigyan lang din natin ng pansin kapag nagkakaroon ng double threads for some news para maging aware din yung mga members to check the different sections of the forums before creating a new thread para wala masyadong nag dodoble, minsan kasi meron na palang thread sa "games" section tapos nagkakaroon ng isa pa na similar thread sa "gaming" section. :)
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: crazy4cajun

I've been a member for a while now and I noticed na medyo mas "makalat" na yung board. I prefer the old stye better.
PSN ID: crazy4cajun

"Bad things don't happen TO you. Bad things happen FOR you."
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

don't worry, once the [OT] of the game releases, there will be no other game related thread, unless it's something very big

we are actually following neogaf's philosophy and they don't even have separate sections for different platforms lol

basic idea is not to bury important news in one big megathread, like DriveClub being the first driving game with dynamic global illumination , or Atlus being sold etc...
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I am a fan of this new thread system. Makes it easier to spot big news instead of having to back-read all the time.
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

Hmm..ako medyo mixed pa about it. I like how updated tayo sa news kasi may mga specific threads about it. Ang ayaw ko lang is for example yung sa PS3 games, flooded masyado ng GTA V news to the point na halos half of the 1st page eh puro yun lang ang meron. :sweat: :sweat:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

Seraph011 wrote:Hmm..ako medyo mixed pa about it. I like how updated tayo sa news kasi may mga specific threads about it. Ang ayaw ko lang is for example yung sa PS3 games, flooded masyado ng GTA V news to the point na halos half of the 1st page eh puro yun lang ang meron. :sweat: :sweat:
syempre super hype kasi yung game kaya madami yung rumor or news update.. dont worry ni lock ko na yung iba since gumawa nako
OT sa game..
TurnBased
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: twolfkg

Yeah, trending ang GTA 5 kaya ganun. :sweat:
PSN ID: twolfkg / TurnBasedPPS
3DS FC: 4468-1101-2937
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

z3kEn wrote:
Seraph011 wrote:Hmm..ako medyo mixed pa about it. I like how updated tayo sa news kasi may mga specific threads about it. Ang ayaw ko lang is for example yung sa PS3 games, flooded masyado ng GTA V news to the point na halos half of the 1st page eh puro yun lang ang meron. :sweat: :sweat:
syempre super hype kasi yung game kaya madami yung rumor or news update.. dont worry ni lock ko na yung iba since gumawa nako
OT sa game..
Ah ok..hehe, thanks bro. Hindi ko kasi masyado nasusundan yung mga GTA threads kasi andami and di ko alam kung ano yung mga big news from the minor ones. :agree:
TurnBased wrote:Yeah, trending ang GTA 5 kaya ganun. :sweat:
Hehe...given na yan talaga and I bet malaki uli chance ng GTA V to win GotY sa mga upcoming awards this year. :grin:

Matanong ko lang din pala, kapag nagawa na pala yung mga OT natin, lahat ba ng news i-dump natin sa loob niya or do we just delete the older threads?
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

no need to dump the other related old game news in the [OT] since in theory, it should already be in the first post and you can move the other related threads in the Archive area, we will just mass delete them in the future
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

Yung mga news that are made obsolete by updates kelan natin pwede tanggalin or do we just merge it with the updated one? Parang yung sa Vita 2k...parang masyado nagiging redundant yung threads regarding the 2K version tapos meron pang thread that compares it with the older gen. Pag pumasok ka kasi sa loob ng threads halos pareho naman yung mga posts. :sweat:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

Pwede na nating i-merge sa general thread nya para tuluy-tuloy ang usapan.

Mga 1 week siguro pwede na no?
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

Sounds good! Di lang kasi maganda din na sobrang daming separate news thread for some things that are co-related. :agree:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

actually if someone can make a Vita 2k OT thread, no need for separate threads, same concept as our game threads
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

darkwing_uop wrote:actually if someone can make a Vita 2k OT thread, no need for separate threads, same concept as our game threads
Ngayon ko lang nabasa ito! :facepalm:

I'll look into it tomorrow siguro pag kailangan pa, naging busy lang din this past week kasi kakauwi lang.
Seraph M.D.
An1mo