Bookworms and Books!

Talk about things other than video games. What are your other hobbies? What's your favorite TV show? Are you into sports. Any recommended restaurants? Do you travel?
quixotic_frujee
Ineffable Twaddler
PSN ID: quixotic_frujee

Quantumsage wrote:Medyo OT pero regarding books and book stores. IMHO dapat talaga palitan na nang National Bookstore ang name nila
gawin na lang nilang National School Supplies! mga staff/crew walang alam sa tinitinda nilang books! :fight: :fight:

True that. XD
I guess they really should rename the store to NSS :rofl:

If you have time to browse you can go to nbs but if you're looking for a specific book and you're in a hurry might as well go to fully booked or powerbooks. at least yung staff nila kahit papaano may alam sa book na hinahanap mo :sweat:
HK PSN ID: quixotic_frujee
"Excuse me, do you mind not farting while I'm saving the world?"

Chronic Hero(ine) Syndrome

*Halikinu~*
New Game+

(Long days and pleasant nights.)
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

Kakatapos ko lang kanina...surprisingly, the book picked up half way through. Ganda din ng back story on how Joe met Susan (his wife) and how they got to Haven. It still doesn't really cover as much info as how he offed Hale but its a really good prequel to R3. :agree:

Also just finished with this...not much in terms of character dev here but the story was surprisingly good. With a little imagination while reading, para ka na din naglalaro. It also comes to a point where it becomes a real page turner and parang the story unfolds in such a hectic pace as the games. All in all, it gives that epic feeling you get from playing an Uncharted game and makes you wish na sana meron pa kasunod or na hindi pa tapos yung book. :agree:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
kurorochan
Cosmic Race
Cosmic Race

gusto ko ren ng uncharted, san ba nakaka bili dito nyan sa atin? at how much?
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

kurorochan wrote:gusto ko ren ng uncharted, san ba nakaka bili dito nyan sa atin? at how much?
Di ko sure satin locally eh..but your best bet is to frequent the fully booked stores. That or make use of services that let you order online nd have it shipped na lang. :sweat:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

Next in line:

I figured, mas ok kung basahin ko muna yung book beofre buying and playing the game... :agree:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
patdzon
Jumping Flash!
Jumping Flash!
PSN ID: patdzon

Kakatapos ko lang ng a Dance with Dragons. Good book with some cool twists and revelations although Book 3 is still the best for me. And I think the next book will be a crazy one as well.

Minsan lang ako makatapos ng libro pero iba effect sa akin ng series na toh hehe. I've never read and completed 5 large books before. This is from a guy who thought the LOTR series were huge.
PSN ID: patdzon , patdizzy (US acct)
Currently Playing: Skyrim, Dark Souls, Uncharted 3
Quantumsage
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

patdzon wrote:Kakatapos ko lang ng a Dance with Dragons. Good book with some cool twists and revelations although Book 3 is still the best for me. And I think the next book will be a crazy one as well.

Minsan lang ako makatapos ng libro pero iba effect sa akin ng series na toh hehe. I've never read and completed 5 large books before. This is from a guy who thought the LOTR series were huge.
:2thumbs agree ako diyan! so far da best yung book 3( A Storm of Swords) sa ASoIaF series! sana maganda rin yung book 6 (The Winds of Winter).
You laugh at me because I am Different
I laugh at you because you are all the same

I am not Anti Social
The Society is Anti me

Don't Judge Me
Based on your Ignorance
Kuroba
Captain Tsubasa J: Get in the Tomorrow
Captain Tsubasa J: Get in the Tomorrow
PSN ID: Leusoj

Ngayon din lang ulit ako nagbabasa basa (book 2 ng asoiaf). Last series na nakumpleto ko yung lotr din. Sabi daw taon daw bago maglabas ng libro si martin. Kelan kya yung book 6. :grin:
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2, Heavy Rain

FS/FT ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
PS3 Trophies
Quantumsage
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

mabagal talaga mag sulat si Martin compare sa ibang fantasy author tulad ni rowling, usually nakakapag sulat lang siya nang more or less 500pages(nabasa ko to dati sa site niya, di ko lang maalala yung exact estimate niya) sa loob nang isang taon. so mga late 2012 pa yung book 6, yun eh kung nag focus pa siya nang maigi sa pag susulat. AFAIK marami rin kasi ibang projects si Martin saka medyo matanda na rin.
You laugh at me because I am Different
I laugh at you because you are all the same

I am not Anti Social
The Society is Anti me

Don't Judge Me
Based on your Ignorance
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

Meron ba satin nakikinig ng mga audiobooks? Hindi ko pa kasi natry pero interesting din... :sweat:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
patdzon
Jumping Flash!
Jumping Flash!
PSN ID: patdzon

Seraph011 wrote:Meron ba satin nakikinig ng mga audiobooks? Hindi ko pa kasi natry pero interesting din... :sweat:
Sinubukan ko kaso di ako maka-focus sa kwento. Tsaka it's usually one person doing the voices for all characters but the problem is that they sound the same. Prefer ko lang ako nag-imagine ng boses nila hehe.
PSN ID: patdzon , patdizzy (US acct)
Currently Playing: Skyrim, Dark Souls, Uncharted 3
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

yeah..i was thinking the same thing. Parang mas gusto ko kasi na ako nagbibigay ng iba't ibang "actors" sa mga characters sa books na binabasa ko eh and the voice is really a big part of it. Hmm..I'll try it na lang din though I doubt it's for me. :sweat:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
quixotic_frujee
Ineffable Twaddler

Hey guys! :cheer:

hehe,wala lang. I finally got a copy of abarat 3: absolute midnight! Wala talagang copy sa mga NBS na napuntahan ko and I finally found one at Fully Booked in Katipunan. It was the last copy too so I paid for it right away :rofl:

It's really cheap for a hardbound book, though. 899 pesos lang. Weird. haven't read it yet, though. I wanted to re-read the first 2 books kasi it's been years since I last read them :sweat:

*Halikinu~*
New Game+

Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

Yay...grats on finally being able to grab a copy of the book! Ako din nung una inisip ko basahin muna yung mga naunang book sa sobrang tagal nung gap when I read them last..pero when I tried reading the 3rd book, it helps you to recall the previous events kasi may mga brief flashbacks naman. More or less, you get almost if not everything back. :grin:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

Repost ko lang from The Walking Dead thread, next na babasahin ko kasi after ng Brisingr at Inheritance...

Just to tide me over until the continuation of the 2nd season in Feb. :sweat:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
quixotic_frujee
Ineffable Twaddler

Seraph011 wrote:Yay...grats on finally being able to grab a copy of the book! Ako din nung una inisip ko basahin muna yung mga naunang book sa sobrang tagal nung gap when I read them last..pero when I tried reading the 3rd book, it helps you to recall the previous events kasi may mga brief flashbacks naman. More or less, you get almost if not everything back. :grin:

Thanks! :D

Hehe, na-miss ko ring yung old books e, and medyo marami na kasi akong basa since last time so hindi ko na masyado ma-recall yung characters. Sieve-brain ako e :rofl:

RE: Paolini's books, parang natamad akong basahin yung copies ko dahil may negative reviews akong nabasa. Is it really that bad?

*Halikinu~*
New Game+

Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

Yung Inheritance "trilogy" I read the first 2 books maybe around 3 years ago. Sakin ok naman, the story was well written and had very memorable characters to say the least. Kung meron man negative reviews about it, I wouldn't really know from where regarding those 2 books. :sweat:

Im currently reading the 3rd book (Brisingr) and so far maganda pa din naman. I didn't have to read back on the last 2 books uli kasi it had a nice summary of the previous events sa umpisa ng book.

Siguro medyo mabagal lang sa start yung Eragon (1st book) pero when you reach about halfway through it pag nag start na yung events that lead him to becoming a Rider, medyo mabilis na yung pacing. And that carries over to the 2nd book (Eldest) kasi masarap basahin yung pag train niya to becoming a full pledged Rider and almost to an elf. Sakin nga hindi pa masyado yung mga battle scenes yung major draw para basahin yung books kasi siguro yung part na yun medyo kasing graphic as I wanted it to be. Pero masarap kasi basahin yung part ng book where Paolini describes how each character develops and how the relationship with Eragon and Saphira evolves.

Try to read it...don't be swayed by the negative reviews, baka sakali magustuhan mo din. :grin:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
gizmoholic
Aquanaut's Holiday
Aquanaut's Holiday
PSN ID: CraneHero

Quantumsage wrote:mabagal talaga mag sulat si Martin compare sa ibang fantasy author tulad ni rowling, usually nakakapag sulat lang siya nang more or less 500pages(nabasa ko to dati sa site niya, di ko lang maalala yung exact estimate niya) sa loob nang isang taon. so mga late 2012 pa yung book 6, yun eh kung nag focus pa siya nang maigi sa pag susulat. AFAIK marami rin kasi ibang projects si Martin saka medyo matanda na rin.
Hehe oo nga, ang tagal pa ng 6th book! Less than 2 months ko lang tinapos yung Book 1-5 nung ASoIaF :2thumbs: good read.
Know your enemy.

US PSN: CraneHero

Now Playing on Playstation 4: Destiny
quixotic_frujee
Ineffable Twaddler

hm. I guess babasahin ko na rin yung books ko. It'd be a waste rin kasi, I'm just waiting for the last book.

I actually saw the movie first, looks like wala nang kasunod yun kasi flop daw? :ashamed: Ehehe. I liked it naman, kaya lang hind ata na-please yung critics.

& Onga, akala ko rin nung start it was a trilogy then surprise~
quartet pala. :huh:

Released na ba yung 4th book?

(I'm still re-reading abarat 2 and ni-browse ko yung abarat 3. ang scary ni princess boa!! :shock: )

*Halikinu~*
New Game+

Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

Yeah..medyo nag flop nga ata yung movie. I think everybody was expecting LoTR or Harry Potter quality from it. Honestly though ok naman sakin yung movie kaya im sad na malabo na masundan.

I just finished Brisingr and it was really good. Definite page turner up to the final pages. And yup, the 4th book (Inheritance) is already out. Yun na actually babasahin ko ngayon. :agree:

Si PB naman sa Abarat, crazy scary talaga! Lalo na nung.....I'd rather not say pero once you read it, you'll know what i mean. :agree: Can't wait din for the next volume to come out. Madami pang loose ends for it to end sa 3rd volume lang. Yun nga lang, CB might take nother couple of years torlease the 4th book! :sweat:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo