International News Thread

Talk about things other than video games. What are your other hobbies? What's your favorite TV show? Are you into sports. Any recommended restaurants? Do you travel?
User avatar
ChardPurple
Double Dragon
Double Dragon
Posts: 860
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:44 pm
PSN ID: chard_newfag

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:27 am

Sn@kemaru wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:27 pm
^ Bakit pafs, ano nangyari sa Venezuela?
Medyo mababaw lang ang idea ko sa kanila.
Yan ba yun nabaon sila sa utang sa China?

Sana duterte wag tayo matulad sa Venezuela.
Read the links

https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimf ... venezuela/

and this

https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimf ... oor_state/
Image

Now Playing: Tekken 7, Gwent: Homecoming (PC), Detroit: Become Human (PS4), Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)

"Substance over style, quality over quantity, practicality over idealism."
User avatar
flipsflops
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
Posts: 2806
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:32 am
PSN ID: flipsflops

Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:22 am

白線の内側に下がってお待ちください
User avatar
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
Posts: 19065
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:54 pm
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano
Location: Monaco

Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:31 am

Grabe yan. 1,000,000% percent.
Image
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
User avatar
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
Posts: 19065
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:54 pm
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano
Location: Monaco

Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:44 am

US federal government shutdown, more than 1 month walang bayad yung mga empleyado. Baka maging ganito rin ang problema sa Pilipinas kapag naging federal form of government at nagka-issue sa budget.

US federal government will end the shutdown and will run for the next 3 weeks. Employees will get back pay.
Image
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
User avatar
SirZap
Big Daddy
Posts: 4526
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:34 pm
PSN ID: SirZapp

Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:52 pm

flipsflops wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:22 am
bakit may hyperinflation ang Venezuela? is it because of the Dictatorship? its not the Dictatorship that's the problem.... it is the poor fiscal program.

Image
Like · Comment · Share
You and 101 others like this.
User avatar
jsnepo
- Kick this player?
Posts: 6571
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:38 am
PSN ID: jsnepo
Location: Marikina
Contact:

Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:37 pm

Reminds me of Marcos and Duterte and it's not because of the dictatorship tendencies.
SirZap wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:52 pm
bakit may hyperinflation ang Venezuela? is it because of the Dictatorship? its not the Dictatorship that's the problem.... it is the poor fiscal program.
Actually if you watch your own video, the problem is not just poor fiscal program but also incompetent leadership and widespread corruption. Something something a certain D is big on (no pun intended).

Let's frame this Venezuelan crisis in a dictatorship perspective...



See? The parallels are obvious also if we are to compare Venezuela and ah nevermind...

I'm curious though, what's your take on dictatorship? Are you against the ideology and of it being a form of government or simply neutral to it? If neutral, I'm curious as to why?
<(  )>  You have earned a trophy.
_/   \_  PERFECT REVENGEANCE
Getting back without exposing intention.
User avatar
parokyano
LeBronista
Posts: 14098
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:11 pm
PSN ID: LeBronista

Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:44 pm

SirZap wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:52 pm
bakit may hyperinflation ang Venezuela? is it because of the Dictatorship? its not the Dictatorship that's the problem.... it is the poor fiscal program.

pero according din sa part ng video mo kung ano-anong programs ang ginastusan ni chavez para lang mapalapit sa tao at wag mapatalsik sa pwesto kahit pinayuhan na siya ng economic advisers na hind yun magandang gawin.. so yung sinasabi mong poor fiscal program ay dahil mismo sa kagustuhan ni chavez dahil iniisip niya mas lalakas ang kapit niya sa pwesto..
Image
User avatar
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
Posts: 7244
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 4:58 pm
PSN ID: Snakemaru
Location: Quezon City
Contact:

Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:16 am

^ Nakakatakot yun nangyari at nangyayari sa Venezuela.
I hope hindi ito ang ginagawa ni D para lang manatili sa pwesto.
Image
User avatar
SirZap
Big Daddy
Posts: 4526
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:34 pm
PSN ID: SirZapp

Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:33 am

sabi ko na ba idudugtong kay PDuts...... lahat na lang si PDuts bwahahaha
Image
Like · Comment · Share
You and 101 others like this.
User avatar
SirZap
Big Daddy
Posts: 4526
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:34 pm
PSN ID: SirZapp

Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:53 am

jsnepo wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:37 pm
Reminds me of Marcos and Duterte and it's not because of the dictatorship tendencies.
SirZap wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:52 pm
bakit may hyperinflation ang Venezuela? is it because of the Dictatorship? its not the Dictatorship that's the problem.... it is the poor fiscal program.
Actually if you watch your own video, the problem is not just poor fiscal program but also incompetent leadership and widespread corruption. Something something a certain D is big on (no pun intended).

Let's frame this Venezuelan crisis in a dictatorship perspective...



See? The parallels are obvious also if we are to compare Venezuela and ah nevermind...

I'm curious though, what's your take on dictatorship? Are you against the ideology and of it being a form of government or simply neutral to it? If neutral, I'm curious as to why?
paki-check lang po ang inflation rate nating for January and February 2019. paki-explain bakit bumaba. :lol:

sa dictatorship issue ni-raise yan nung isang member sa previous page. pakibasa na lang po. sya muna tanungin mo. basta ako sianasagot ko lang ang tunay na problem. in other words dictatroship or not its the poor fiscal policies ang root cause.

also, Singapore is Dictataroship, and so does China, bakit first world country?

Argentina, naging dictatorship noon 70's pero nakabawi noong 90's wala nang dictatorship. bakit may problem ULET ang Argentina lols.
Image
Like · Comment · Share
You and 101 others like this.
User avatar
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
Posts: 7244
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 4:58 pm
PSN ID: Snakemaru
Location: Quezon City
Contact:

Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:57 am

My post was about this administration's handle on fiscal and economical policies at hindi naman tayo dictatorship (pa).
True, nag-improve ang inflation status natin, bumaba. Pero yun bigger budget allotment (as compared to previous administrations) for Intelligence and Confidential fund na outside scope ng Audit's COA? Para saan ba yun? Tapos malalaman natin na tumatanggap ang Malacanang ng "wire-tapped" intelligence from other countries.
At hindi mo rin maaalis sa ibang tao, tulad ko, na magduda sa economic policies since duterte himself said na walang syang alam sa pagpapatakbo ng economiya at iaasa na lang nya sa mga best and the brightest daw niya.
Image
User avatar
jsnepo
- Kick this player?
Posts: 6571
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:38 am
PSN ID: jsnepo
Location: Marikina
Contact:

Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:00 pm

SirZap wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:53 am
paki-check lang po ang inflation rate nating for January and February 2019. paki-explain bakit bumaba. :lol:

sa dictatorship issue ni-raise yan nung isang member sa previous page. pakibasa na lang po. sya muna tanungin mo. basta ako sianasagot ko lang ang tunay na problem. in other words dictatroship or not its the poor fiscal policies ang root cause.

also, Singapore is Dictataroship, and so does China, bakit first world country?

Argentina, naging dictatorship noon 70's pero nakabawi noong 90's wala nang dictatorship. bakit may problem ULET ang Argentina lols.
Obviously there must be a point where it has to slow down. The economy isn't hyper inflating... yet. Does that mean to you that things are improving? Remember that inflation is relative.

You answered incompletely. You're just saying it's about poor fiscal programs but your own video doesn't say it's exclusive to that. I already pointed out that it was also due to widespread corruption and incompetent leadership. At least acknowledge those two as well. Do not be selective.

I'll give you Singapore (yet debatable) but China? Is this the whole point? Just for the Philippines to become a first world country at all cost?

Argentina? Increase your sample size. What you are doing is as close to being anecdotal. I can always say Australia is a democratic country yet first world or even most European countries are democratic states and they're all first world.

I don't know who else it's going to be related to since we only have one President.

One question though, so you prefer having a dictatorship in our country? If yes then are you okay with Duterte as a dictator?
<(  )>  You have earned a trophy.
_/   \_  PERFECT REVENGEANCE
Getting back without exposing intention.
User avatar
parokyano
LeBronista
Posts: 14098
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:11 pm
PSN ID: LeBronista

Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:53 pm

IIRC suspended ang excise tax sa oil since january 2019.. kaya malamang bumaba ang inflation.. pero sabi nga ng mga ka DDS.. wala daw kinalaman ang excise tax sa langis.. pakana lang daw ng mga dilawan yan.. :lol:

and huy.. wag nga kayo.. hindi diktador si pduts.. kundi tuta ng (mga) diktador.. :lol:

btw since namention naman ang china.. try niyo panoorin itong si Nas na dilawan and bayaran.. :lol:

Image
User avatar
SirZap
Big Daddy
Posts: 4526
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:34 pm
PSN ID: SirZapp

Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:22 am

jsnepo wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:00 pm
Obviously there must be a point where it has to slow down. The economy isn't hyper inflating... yet. Does that mean to you that things are improving? Remember that inflation is relative.

You answered incompletely. You're just saying it's about poor fiscal programs but your own video doesn't say it's exclusive to that. I already pointed out that it was also due to widespread corruption and incompetent leadership. At least acknowledge those two as well. Do not be selective.
hindi mo nasagot ang tanong ko. bumaba ang inflation rate dahil sa ????? sablay ka po sorry.

I'm not selective, ikaw nitcpicking insisting that dictatorship is the cause. malay mo kaya maganda fiscal polciy ng china at signapore may competent leadership sila. kung incompetent sila siguro third world country sila. don't you think?

ah nga pala, nung maganda rin ang inflation rate ng pinas nuon panahaon ni Pnoy may improvement ba? meron DAW pero anecdotal din, pero meron din hinde.... may tawag dun "trickle down".

jsnepo wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:00 pm
Argentina? Increase your sample size. What you are doing is as close to being anecdotal. I can always say Australia is a democratic country yet first world or even most European countries are democratic states and they're all first world.

I don't know who else it's going to be related to since we only have one President.

One question though, so you prefer having a dictatorship in our country? If yes then are you okay with Duterte as a dictator?
does it matter kung prefer ko dictatorship o hinde? if I say yes what will happen? if say no what will happen? it does not matter ba yan sa economy? may magagawa ba ako? yan kasi main question about Venezuela current economic predicament.

kung governance at dictatorship ang angle mo .... simple lang yan, first world country status can be achieved without having a dictatorship. between marcos and duterte, bakit third world pa rin tayo? ah nga pala incomptent leadership..... leads to poor fiscal policies. yun lang ang point ko. kung may nag-iinsist sa nyo ang dictatorship leads to first world country, wala akong sinasabi ganun, siguro yung taong nagbabasa nito na mapaghinala na may deep imagination meron. lols

friendly advise sa mga ibang taong nagbabasa nito. hindi dahil may kontra ako sinasabi nyo eh nag-aasume na kayo na pro-dictator ako. para mawala na paghihinala nyo itigil nyo pag-sha-shabu etse wala akong kinakampihan ganun kasimple. kasi iba pananaw ko.
Image
Like · Comment · Share
You and 101 others like this.
User avatar
SirZap
Big Daddy
Posts: 4526
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:34 pm
PSN ID: SirZapp

Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:38 am

Sn@kemaru wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:57 am
My post was about this administration's handle on fiscal and economical policies at hindi naman tayo dictatorship (pa).
tama. kasi nga naman dapat walang say ang mga senators at congressmen. dapat patay na ang mga kumokontra sa gov't.
ni hindi nga nagawang magkaroon ng emergency powers si PDuts para sa traffic sa EDSA, hinarang kasi ng ANAK ng PANDAY. :lol:

ay nitpicking na naman daw ako sabi ng katabi ko. :mrgreen:
Sn@kemaru wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:57 am
True, nag-improve ang inflation status natin, bumaba. Pero yun bigger budget allotment (as compared to previous administrations) for Intelligence and Confidential fund na outside scope ng Audit's COA? Para saan ba yun? Tapos malalaman natin na tumatanggap ang Malacanang ng "wire-tapped" intelligence from other countries.
At hindi mo rin maaalis sa ibang tao, tulad ko, na magduda sa economic policies since duterte himself said na walang syang alam sa pagpapatakbo ng economiya at iaasa na lang nya sa mga best and the brightest daw niya.
yes. you can have your own point of view. kasi kung yung point of view mo hindi mo ma-express publicly may dictatorship di ba? :roll:


minsan kasi may fake news na sinuspend daw yung excise tax :lol:

dapat facts hindi propaganda to spread fear :lol:
Image
Like · Comment · Share
You and 101 others like this.
User avatar
parokyano
LeBronista
Posts: 14098
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:11 pm
PSN ID: LeBronista

Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:16 am

i said if i remember correctly.. did not say im sure.. pero to be exact.. yung 2nd trench ng excise tax on oil ang sinuspend this year.. and guess what ano reason.. to keep inflation in check.. :lol:

Image
upload pic

btw di ako binayaran para ipost yan.. just wanna share facts.. and legit new article po yan.. di ko kinuha sa memes or sa mga websites like pinoytrendingnew.. :lol:

#YouJustGotFact :lol:
Image
User avatar
jsnepo
- Kick this player?
Posts: 6571
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:38 am
PSN ID: jsnepo
Location: Marikina
Contact:

Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:35 pm

SirZap wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:22 am
hindi mo nasagot ang tanong ko. bumaba ang inflation rate dahil sa ????? sablay ka po sorry.

I'm not selective, ikaw nitcpicking insisting that dictatorship is the cause. malay mo kaya maganda fiscal polciy ng china at signapore may competent leadership sila. kung incompetent sila siguro third world country sila. don't you think?

ah nga pala, nung maganda rin ang inflation rate ng pinas nuon panahaon ni Pnoy may improvement ba? meron DAW pero anecdotal din, pero meron din hinde.... may tawag dun "trickle down".

does it matter kung prefer ko dictatorship o hinde? if I say yes what will happen? if say no what will happen? it does not matter ba yan sa economy? may magagawa ba ako? yan kasi main question about Venezuela current economic predicament.

kung governance at dictatorship ang angle mo .... simple lang yan, first world country status can be achieved without having a dictatorship. between marcos and duterte, bakit third world pa rin tayo? ah nga pala incomptent leadership..... leads to poor fiscal policies. yun lang ang point ko. kung may nag-iinsist sa nyo ang dictatorship leads to first world country, wala akong sinasabi ganun, siguro yung taong nagbabasa nito na mapaghinala na may deep imagination meron. lols

friendly advise sa mga ibang taong nagbabasa nito. hindi dahil may kontra ako sinasabi nyo eh nag-aasume na kayo na pro-dictator ako. para mawala na paghihinala nyo itigil nyo pag-sha-shabu etse wala akong kinakampihan ganun kasimple. kasi iba pananaw ko.
1. No one knows the exact reason why inflation rate eased. There's a reason I'm not answering it because of too many factors. Care to keep me informed by telling me why? Also are you framing the easing of the inflation rate as a result good governance? And I also didn't realize we're counting "sablay" here. Now I'm curious.

2. I never mentioned dictatorship was the main factor. I just gave you a different kind of framing with the video I linked so I'm not nitpicking. You say you're not being selective however you are still not acknowledging one last point coming from the video you shared which I believe China is so huge on. I personally don't give a #@*^ about PNoy and his presidency. So attack him all you want. I'm not interested in whataboutisms.

3. The reason I'm asking if you're for dictatorship is actually because of curiousity. Just to let me know what to expect from you with regard to this discussion. Just very curious where you're really at. I'm not claiming dictatorship will never lead to a first world economy. I already acknowledge your sample with Singapore. However we do know what is sure to happen whenever there is dictatorship, be it benevolent or not. Our country just withdrew from ICC by the way.

Pananaw? Centrist ba? I certainly hope not.
Last edited by jsnepo on Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<(  )>  You have earned a trophy.
_/   \_  PERFECT REVENGEANCE
Getting back without exposing intention.
User avatar
jsnepo
- Kick this player?
Posts: 6571
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:38 am
PSN ID: jsnepo
Location: Marikina
Contact:

Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:38 pm

parokyano wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:16 am
i said if i remember correctly.. did not say im sure.. pero to be exact.. yung 2nd trench ng excise tax on oil ang sinuspend this year.. and guess what ano reason.. to keep inflation in check.. :lol:

Image
upload pic

btw di ako binayaran para ipost yan.. just wanna share facts.. and legit new article po yan.. di ko kinuha sa memes or sa mga websites like pinoytrendingnew.. :lol:

#YouJustGotFact :lol:
Just one of the many factors I guess but still let's give credit where it's due. All for good governance. Thanks tatay D! :D

edit: Oh #@*^! ABS-CBN? Bayarang media! Ugghh! Yuck!
<(  )>  You have earned a trophy.
_/   \_  PERFECT REVENGEANCE
Getting back without exposing intention.
User avatar
jsnepo
- Kick this player?
Posts: 6571
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:38 am
PSN ID: jsnepo
Location: Marikina
Contact:

Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:55 pm

<(  )>  You have earned a trophy.
_/   \_  PERFECT REVENGEANCE
Getting back without exposing intention.
User avatar
SirZap
Big Daddy
Posts: 4526
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:34 pm
PSN ID: SirZapp

Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:19 pm

jsnepo wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:35 pm
SirZap wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:22 am
hindi mo nasagot ang tanong ko. bumaba ang inflation rate dahil sa ????? sablay ka po sorry.

I'm not selective, ikaw nitcpicking insisting that dictatorship is the cause. malay mo kaya maganda fiscal polciy ng china at signapore may competent leadership sila. kung incompetent sila siguro third world country sila. don't you think?

ah nga pala, nung maganda rin ang inflation rate ng pinas nuon panahaon ni Pnoy may improvement ba? meron DAW pero anecdotal din, pero meron din hinde.... may tawag dun "trickle down".

does it matter kung prefer ko dictatorship o hinde? if I say yes what will happen? if say no what will happen? it does not matter ba yan sa economy? may magagawa ba ako? yan kasi main question about Venezuela current economic predicament.

kung governance at dictatorship ang angle mo .... simple lang yan, first world country status can be achieved without having a dictatorship. between marcos and duterte, bakit third world pa rin tayo? ah nga pala incomptent leadership..... leads to poor fiscal policies. yun lang ang point ko. kung may nag-iinsist sa nyo ang dictatorship leads to first world country, wala akong sinasabi ganun, siguro yung taong nagbabasa nito na mapaghinala na may deep imagination meron. lols

friendly advise sa mga ibang taong nagbabasa nito. hindi dahil may kontra ako sinasabi nyo eh nag-aasume na kayo na pro-dictator ako. para mawala na paghihinala nyo itigil nyo pag-sha-shabu etse wala akong kinakampihan ganun kasimple. kasi iba pananaw ko.
1. No one knows the exact reason why inflation rate eased. There's a reason I'm not answering it because of too many factors. Care to keep me informed by telling me why? Also are you framing the easing of the inflation rate as a result good governance? And I also didn't realize we're counting "sablay" here. Now I'm curious.

2. I never mentioned dictatorship was the main factor. I just gave you a different kind of framing with the video I linked so I'm not nitpicking. You say you're not being selective however you are still not acknowledging one last point coming from the video you shared which I believe China is so huge on. I personally don't give a #@*^ about PNoy and his presidency. So attack him all you want. I'm not interested in whataboutisms.

3. The reason I'm asking if you're for dictatorship is actually because of curiousity. Just to let me know what to expect from you with regard to this discussion. Just very curious where you're really at. I'm not claiming dictatorship will never lead to a first world economy. I already acknowledge your sample with Singapore. However we do know what is sure to happen whenever there is dictatorship, be it benevolent or not. Our country just withdrew from ICC by the way.

Pananaw? Centrist ba? I certainly hope not.
I'll give you a cryptic clue, kung minsan hindi ikaw sinasagot ko sa mga tanong mo. isa na ito. :mrgreen:

merong non-members na nagbabasa nito. :twisted:
Image
Like · Comment · Share
You and 101 others like this.
Post Reply