International News Thread

Talk about things other than video games. What are your other hobbies? What's your favorite TV show? Are you into sports. Any recommended restaurants? Do you travel?
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

mabasa nga yung tungkol diyan
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
SirZap
Big Daddy
PSN ID: SirZapp

Oink McOink wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:38 am Scary yung nangyayari ngayon sa Venezuela. Just spiraled out of control. I didn't even know it was happening until John Oliver featured Venezuela. Just the look of the faces not so dissimilar to what pinoys look like. It's scary how a collapse like that can happen to any third world country like that and we wouldn't even notice it until it's too late.
pinanood ko yung video.

ang masasabi ko lang, mali yung policy nila na mag-print ng money. talagang tataas ang inflation at ma-de-devaluate talaga ang pera nila.
Like · Comment · Share
You and 101 others like this.
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: OinkMcOink

SirZap wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 2:44 ampinanood ko yung video.

ang masasabi ko lang, mali yung policy nila na mag-print ng money. talagang tataas ang inflation at ma-de-devaluate talaga ang pera nila.
True. And how the president just handled everything after is horrible. It's scary to think that a democratic country needs people to elect a president but once elected, they can choose to ignore the voice of the people. I didn't realize how powerful a democratic president can be. I've always thought the voice of the people will prevail before it goes down the toilet, but to be in power, all one needs is the right people's support, it doesn't have to be the majority of the populace, just the right people in power to make a country a democracy in name only.
SirZap
Big Daddy

Oink McOink wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 10:21 am True. And how the president just handled everything after is horrible. It's scary to think that a democratic country needs people to elect a president but once elected, they can choose to ignore the voice of the people. I didn't realize how powerful a democratic president can be. I've always thought the voice of the people will prevail before it goes down the toilet, but to be in power, all one needs is the right people's support, it doesn't have to be the majority of the populace, just the right people in power to make a country a democracy in name only.
indirect democracy kasi. kung direct kasi pam-barrangay level yun. on the other hand if you think that an elected official and a president at that is dangerous, there are times that people themselves do not know whats good for them. at some point someone has to do the hard choices. tignan mo na lang yung bumoboto sa binoboto.
Like · Comment · Share
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Snakemaru

^ Bakit pafs, ano nangyari sa Venezuela?
Medyo mababaw lang ang idea ko sa kanila.
Yan ba yun nabaon sila sa utang sa China?

Sana duterte wag tayo matulad sa Venezuela.
ChardPurple
Double Dragon
Double Dragon
PSN ID: chard_newfag

Sn@kemaru wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:27 pm ^ Bakit pafs, ano nangyari sa Venezuela?
Medyo mababaw lang ang idea ko sa kanila.
Yan ba yun nabaon sila sa utang sa China?

Sana duterte wag tayo matulad sa Venezuela.
Read the links

https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimf ... venezuela/

and this

https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimf ... oor_state/

Now Playing: Tekken 7, Gwent: Homecoming (PC), Detroit: Become Human (PS4), Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)

"Substance over style, quality over quantity, practicality over idealism."
flipsflops
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: flipsflops

白線の内側に下がってお待ちください
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Grabe yan. 1,000,000% percent.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

US federal government shutdown, more than 1 month walang bayad yung mga empleyado. Baka maging ganito rin ang problema sa Pilipinas kapag naging federal form of government at nagka-issue sa budget.

US federal government will end the shutdown and will run for the next 3 weeks. Employees will get back pay.
SirZap
Big Daddy

flipsflops wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:22 am
bakit may hyperinflation ang Venezuela? is it because of the Dictatorship? its not the Dictatorship that's the problem.... it is the poor fiscal program.

Like · Comment · Share
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

Reminds me of Marcos and Duterte and it's not because of the dictatorship tendencies.
SirZap wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:52 pm bakit may hyperinflation ang Venezuela? is it because of the Dictatorship? its not the Dictatorship that's the problem.... it is the poor fiscal program.
Actually if you watch your own video, the problem is not just poor fiscal program but also incompetent leadership and widespread corruption. Something something a certain D is big on (no pun intended).

Let's frame this Venezuelan crisis in a dictatorship perspective...

See? The parallels are obvious also if we are to compare Venezuela and ah nevermind...

I'm curious though, what's your take on dictatorship? Are you against the ideology and of it being a form of government or simply neutral to it? If neutral, I'm curious as to why?
:bigmouth:
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

SirZap wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:52 pmbakit may hyperinflation ang Venezuela? is it because of the Dictatorship? its not the Dictatorship that's the problem.... it is the poor fiscal program.

pero according din sa part ng video mo kung ano-anong programs ang ginastusan ni chavez para lang mapalapit sa tao at wag mapatalsik sa pwesto kahit pinayuhan na siya ng economic advisers na hind yun magandang gawin.. so yung sinasabi mong poor fiscal program ay dahil mismo sa kagustuhan ni chavez dahil iniisip niya mas lalakas ang kapit niya sa pwesto..
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^ Nakakatakot yun nangyari at nangyayari sa Venezuela.
I hope hindi ito ang ginagawa ni D para lang manatili sa pwesto.
SirZap
Big Daddy

sabi ko na ba idudugtong kay PDuts...... lahat na lang si PDuts bwahahaha
Like · Comment · Share
SirZap
Big Daddy

jsnepo wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:37 pm Reminds me of Marcos and Duterte and it's not because of the dictatorship tendencies.
SirZap wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:52 pm bakit may hyperinflation ang Venezuela? is it because of the Dictatorship? its not the Dictatorship that's the problem.... it is the poor fiscal program.
Actually if you watch your own video, the problem is not just poor fiscal program but also incompetent leadership and widespread corruption. Something something a certain D is big on (no pun intended).

Let's frame this Venezuelan crisis in a dictatorship perspective...

See? The parallels are obvious also if we are to compare Venezuela and ah nevermind...

I'm curious though, what's your take on dictatorship? Are you against the ideology and of it being a form of government or simply neutral to it? If neutral, I'm curious as to why?
paki-check lang po ang inflation rate nating for January and February 2019. paki-explain bakit bumaba. :lol:

sa dictatorship issue ni-raise yan nung isang member sa previous page. pakibasa na lang po. sya muna tanungin mo. basta ako sianasagot ko lang ang tunay na problem. in other words dictatroship or not its the poor fiscal policies ang root cause.

also, Singapore is Dictataroship, and so does China, bakit first world country?

Argentina, naging dictatorship noon 70's pero nakabawi noong 90's wala nang dictatorship. bakit may problem ULET ang Argentina lols.
Like · Comment · Share
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

My post was about this administration's handle on fiscal and economical policies at hindi naman tayo dictatorship (pa).
True, nag-improve ang inflation status natin, bumaba. Pero yun bigger budget allotment (as compared to previous administrations) for Intelligence and Confidential fund na outside scope ng Audit's COA? Para saan ba yun? Tapos malalaman natin na tumatanggap ang Malacanang ng "wire-tapped" intelligence from other countries.
At hindi mo rin maaalis sa ibang tao, tulad ko, na magduda sa economic policies since duterte himself said na walang syang alam sa pagpapatakbo ng economiya at iaasa na lang nya sa mga best and the brightest daw niya.
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

SirZap wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:53 am paki-check lang po ang inflation rate nating for January and February 2019. paki-explain bakit bumaba. :lol:

sa dictatorship issue ni-raise yan nung isang member sa previous page. pakibasa na lang po. sya muna tanungin mo. basta ako sianasagot ko lang ang tunay na problem. in other words dictatroship or not its the poor fiscal policies ang root cause.

also, Singapore is Dictataroship, and so does China, bakit first world country?

Argentina, naging dictatorship noon 70's pero nakabawi noong 90's wala nang dictatorship. bakit may problem ULET ang Argentina lols.
Obviously there must be a point where it has to slow down. The economy isn't hyper inflating... yet. Does that mean to you that things are improving? Remember that inflation is relative.

You answered incompletely. You're just saying it's about poor fiscal programs but your own video doesn't say it's exclusive to that. I already pointed out that it was also due to widespread corruption and incompetent leadership. At least acknowledge those two as well. Do not be selective.

I'll give you Singapore (yet debatable) but China? Is this the whole point? Just for the Philippines to become a first world country at all cost?

Argentina? Increase your sample size. What you are doing is as close to being anecdotal. I can always say Australia is a democratic country yet first world or even most European countries are democratic states and they're all first world.

I don't know who else it's going to be related to since we only have one President.

One question though, so you prefer having a dictatorship in our country? If yes then are you okay with Duterte as a dictator?
:bigmouth:
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

IIRC suspended ang excise tax sa oil since january 2019.. kaya malamang bumaba ang inflation.. pero sabi nga ng mga ka DDS.. wala daw kinalaman ang excise tax sa langis.. pakana lang daw ng mga dilawan yan.. :lol:

and huy.. wag nga kayo.. hindi diktador si pduts.. kundi tuta ng (mga) diktador.. :lol:

btw since namention naman ang china.. try niyo panoorin itong si Nas na dilawan and bayaran.. :lol:

SirZap
Big Daddy

jsnepo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:00 pm Obviously there must be a point where it has to slow down. The economy isn't hyper inflating... yet. Does that mean to you that things are improving? Remember that inflation is relative.

You answered incompletely. You're just saying it's about poor fiscal programs but your own video doesn't say it's exclusive to that. I already pointed out that it was also due to widespread corruption and incompetent leadership. At least acknowledge those two as well. Do not be selective.
hindi mo nasagot ang tanong ko. bumaba ang inflation rate dahil sa ????? sablay ka po sorry.

I'm not selective, ikaw nitcpicking insisting that dictatorship is the cause. malay mo kaya maganda fiscal polciy ng china at signapore may competent leadership sila. kung incompetent sila siguro third world country sila. don't you think?

ah nga pala, nung maganda rin ang inflation rate ng pinas nuon panahaon ni Pnoy may improvement ba? meron DAW pero anecdotal din, pero meron din hinde.... may tawag dun "trickle down".

jsnepo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:00 pm Argentina? Increase your sample size. What you are doing is as close to being anecdotal. I can always say Australia is a democratic country yet first world or even most European countries are democratic states and they're all first world.

I don't know who else it's going to be related to since we only have one President.

One question though, so you prefer having a dictatorship in our country? If yes then are you okay with Duterte as a dictator?
does it matter kung prefer ko dictatorship o hinde? if I say yes what will happen? if say no what will happen? it does not matter ba yan sa economy? may magagawa ba ako? yan kasi main question about Venezuela current economic predicament.

kung governance at dictatorship ang angle mo .... simple lang yan, first world country status can be achieved without having a dictatorship. between marcos and duterte, bakit third world pa rin tayo? ah nga pala incomptent leadership..... leads to poor fiscal policies. yun lang ang point ko. kung may nag-iinsist sa nyo ang dictatorship leads to first world country, wala akong sinasabi ganun, siguro yung taong nagbabasa nito na mapaghinala na may deep imagination meron. lols

friendly advise sa mga ibang taong nagbabasa nito. hindi dahil may kontra ako sinasabi nyo eh nag-aasume na kayo na pro-dictator ako. para mawala na paghihinala nyo itigil nyo pag-sha-shabu etse wala akong kinakampihan ganun kasimple. kasi iba pananaw ko.
Like · Comment · Share
SirZap
Big Daddy

Sn@kemaru wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:57 am My post was about this administration's handle on fiscal and economical policies at hindi naman tayo dictatorship (pa).
tama. kasi nga naman dapat walang say ang mga senators at congressmen. dapat patay na ang mga kumokontra sa gov't.
ni hindi nga nagawang magkaroon ng emergency powers si PDuts para sa traffic sa EDSA, hinarang kasi ng ANAK ng PANDAY. :lol:

ay nitpicking na naman daw ako sabi ng katabi ko. :mrgreen:
Sn@kemaru wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:57 am True, nag-improve ang inflation status natin, bumaba. Pero yun bigger budget allotment (as compared to previous administrations) for Intelligence and Confidential fund na outside scope ng Audit's COA? Para saan ba yun? Tapos malalaman natin na tumatanggap ang Malacanang ng "wire-tapped" intelligence from other countries.
At hindi mo rin maaalis sa ibang tao, tulad ko, na magduda sa economic policies since duterte himself said na walang syang alam sa pagpapatakbo ng economiya at iaasa na lang nya sa mga best and the brightest daw niya.
yes. you can have your own point of view. kasi kung yung point of view mo hindi mo ma-express publicly may dictatorship di ba? :roll:

minsan kasi may fake news na sinuspend daw yung excise tax :lol:

dapat facts hindi propaganda to spread fear :lol:
Like · Comment · Share