Avengers: Infinity War (expect spoilers)

Talk about things other than video games. What are your other hobbies? What's your favorite TV show? Are you into sports. Any recommended restaurants? Do you travel?
migs23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: migs23 and iamironman23

I bought my tickets as soon as they went on sale lmao
PSN ID: iamironman23 and migs23-dad ko ang gumagamit
Nintendo Network ID: iamironman23
PS4 PRO 1tb
PS4 Arkham Knight Edition 2tb
Xbox One S 2tb
Nintendo Switch (Neon Blue/Red)
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

nakahanda na a :mrgreen:

i dunno kung ubos na yung ticket sa malapit naming cinema. :lol:
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

May Philippines pala na scene dito e. :lol:

Ibang iba yung mga scenes sa trailer.

Merong nag-post ng "spoilers" sa Twitter. Spoilers without context. Mage-gets lang kapag napanood na yung movie. :lol:
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: skp7_13

Phase 1 Avengers ang natira and Rocket Raccoon.
SirZap
Big Daddy
PSN ID: SirZapp

14,000,605 and only one
Like · Comment · Share
You and 101 others like this.
migs23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: migs23 and iamironman23

Already saw the movie twice on opening weekend lol
PSN ID: iamironman23 and migs23-dad ko ang gumagamit
Nintendo Network ID: iamironman23
PS4 PRO 1tb
PS4 Arkham Knight Edition 2tb
Xbox One S 2tb
Nintendo Switch (Neon Blue/Red)
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Snakemaru

Nahinaan ako kay Dr. Strange. Kung paano nyo pinaglaruan si Dormammu sa movie nya, dito hindi nya utilize ng mabuti yun Time stone/gem.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Naisip ko nga rin yun. Sana nag-time loop siya kay Thanos.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Daniel wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:16 am Naisip ko nga rin yun. Sana nag-time loop siya kay Thanos.
In the end, Dr. Strange gave the time stone to thanos because it probably was the only way they win.

Earlier in the movie, Strange himself said that he would protect the stone over Stark and Spider Man's lives. And he meant it. So for Strange to give the stone, it's probably part of the one path to beat Thanos.
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^ and half of the population including the avengers were erased.
Buti hindi sinama si Stan Lee sa mga na-erase. hehe
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Sn@kemaru wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:08 pm ^ and half of the population including the avengers were erased.
Buti hindi sinama si Stan Lee sa mga na-erase. hehe
Yeah, haha, yun lang. :lol: i think Strange is playing the long game here, so I can't wait to see what this 1 in 14 million outcome is going to be
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

Two points that made me dislike this movie...

The Wakanda battle
- you expect me to believe after the teases and hype regarding Wakanda as being the most advanced country in the world with vibranium in abundance, went to war using pre 20th century war tactics? The mutants didn't even have guns for fvck's sake!

Thanos' motivation
- his problem is population control since resources are finite then why the fvck kill half the universe instead of just doubling resources using the stones? He's got all the stones damn it!

There's a limit to my suspension of disbelief as long as the human element isn't compromised.
:bigmouth:
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^ He probably wanted to play as god of destruction than god of creation? *shrugs*
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Sn@kemaru wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:32 pm ^ He probably wanted to play as god of destruction than god of creation? *shrugs*
Basically yup. It's a character flaw, not a plot hole. Thanos isn't called the Mad Titan because he thinks rationally lol
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

Probably because its easier and faster to destroy than to create? And besides...the universe naturally goes towards the side of entropy than creation so maybe its more natural that way?
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

Did any of the MCU movies address Thanos as being a mad titan or are we just basing this on our knowledge of the source material? Him being another agent of destruction doesn't bode well for the movie since he is as generic as any other MCU antagonist with the exception of Killmonger. I don't see it as a character flaw since it's not a weakness for the plot nor for his goal.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

jsnepo wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:20 am Did any of the MCU movies address Thanos as being a mad titan or are we just basing this on our knowledge of the source material? Him being another agent of destruction doesn't bode well for the movie since he is as generic as any other MCU antagonist with the exception of Killmonger. I don't see it as a character flaw since it's not a weakness for the plot nor for his goal.
All the characterization you need for Thanos is in the movie itself.

He was mentioned as the mad titan in the movie (and maybe in guardians but i fcant remember). That's actually the first time I've heard his nickname. I've never read any of the infinity gauntlet stories - the only marvel event comic i've ever read was civil war.

There's enough characterization within the movie itself to describe his character flaws: i) in the beginning, when Thanos killed half the asguardians, one of Thanos' children (the wizard like one) was describing their deaths as a service to the world; Thanos has a god-like complex; ii) Gamora details a lot of this in his discussions with Thor + the backstory; iii) Thanos talking with Tony in Titan (he considers himself as a savior as he is the only one willing to take this measure to save the universe); iv) Thanos already went from planet to planet - killing half of the population to try to save the universe.

Also, the definition of a character flaw is as follows:
In the creation and criticism of fictional works, a character flaw is a limitation, imperfection, problem, phobia, or deficiency present in a character who may be otherwise very functional. The flaw can be a problem that directly affects the character's actions and abilities, such as a violent temper.
So yes. Thanos' god complex, his 'madness,' and his inability to use the infinity stones for good is a character flaw. He has convinced himself - long before he got the infinity stones that the only way to save the universe is to kill half the population (he's been going from planet to planet eliminating half the population). There's nothing in his characterization within the movie that will suggest that all of a sudden he'll turn away from what he's doing in the past and use the infinity stones to make the world's resource problem disappear by generating new resources.

Otherwise, Thanos would have been a scientist working on solving the world's finite resource problem before he got the stones anyway.
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

That's not a character flaw since it didn't prevent him or at least made it hard for him to achieve his goal. Read your definition again. His God-complex didn't make him dysfunctional while in fact he is very much successful. A character flaw has to negate the character thus called flaw. His character flaw in the movie is his love for Gamora. In conclusion, he's still one of the generic antagonists of the MCU albeit well acted.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

jsnepo wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:46 pm That's not a character flaw since it didn't prevent him or at least made it hard for him to achieve his goal. Read your definition again. His God-complex didn't make him dysfunctional while in fact he is very much successful. A character flaw has to negate the character thus called flaw. His character flaw in the movie is his love for Gamora. In conclusion, he's still one of the generic antagonists of the MCU albeit well acted.
Thanos is dysfunctional (not operating normally or properly). He's not exactly the poster boy for conforming in society - or a functional member of any society for that matter. The mere fact that he goes from planet to planet killing to people makes him dysfunctional. He may be functional and successful from the perspective of fulfilling his goals, but his life experiences fueled his character flaws (his god complex - using death as his solution) which fueled his motivations.

Not all character flaws need to be disruptive - being successful or not on one's goal is not a prerequisite for identifying whether a certain characteristic is a character flaw or not.
In the creation and criticism of fictional works, a character flaw is a limitation, imperfection, problem, phobia, or deficiency present in a character who may be otherwise very functional. The flaw can be a problem that directly affects the character's actions and abilities, such as a violent temper. Alternatively, it can be a simple foible or personality defect, which affects the character's motives and social interactions, but little else. Flaws can add depth and humanity to the characters in a narrative.
We can argue semantics on whether or not his god complex is a character flaw or not based on whatever definition you want to have.

But the movie goes to great lengths to provide ample justification for his motives. Everything i listed before + Thanos getting all the infinity stones = Thanos killing half the population.

Any solution involving Thanos using the infinity stones to solve the population problem that Thanos is concerned with by providing ample resources goes against everything Thanos has done up to that point.
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

We view character flaws differently but don't assume that mine is just whatever definition I want to have. My view is based on antagonism. Even the directors want Thanos to be an EMPATHIC villain filled with complexities which by your view of him as character has absolutely failed. He's just as generic as Malekith or Ronan as a villain. The main difference is Infinity War has a villain-driven narrative. I guess my expectations of this movie is higher than it being another formulaic superhero flick.