Pinoy News Thread

Talk about things other than video games. What are your other hobbies? What's your favorite TV show? Are you into sports. Any recommended restaurants? Do you travel?
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

^^ Saan yan pafs?
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: skp7_13

Napanood ko ito live kahapon sa sugod bahay...

Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

baka pagmulan na naman ng joey de leon issue
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

wala naman ako nakitang mali dun sa sinabi ni joey...

at yung apology nya kanina lang...

**** ****!
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: skp7_13

Mali yung sinabi niya na "huwag supportahan" ang may depression.
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

it's joey de leon, he always makes fun on just about anything he can think of ... and people takes his quips seriously naman.

Well, he knew how it's all going to blow up so inunahan na lang nya ng apology. Case closed kagad to.
**** ****!
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

grayfox17 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:25 pm it's joey de leon, he always makes fun on just about anything he can think of ... and people takes his quips seriously naman.

Well, he knew how it's all going to blow up so inunahan na lang nya ng apology. Case closed kagad to.
He wasn't just making fun of depression. He was belittling it. It's part of our culture, where we don't take mental health issues seriously. To do so is as bad an act of indifference and neglect of any other physical disease. I have cousins who served in the military in the US and they suffer from mental health issues. Dapat ba silang hindi pansinin?

What if he made fun of people with cancer? How is that different? It's not.

Depression, bipolar disorders, mental health issues are all issues that we need to embrace and to say that people who suffer from these diseases are making it up or 'pang mayaman' lang is adding to the problem.

It's good that he offered an apology, but to say that there was nothing wrong with his statement is flat out wrong.
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Porke ba hindi ako naki-sang ayon sa sinasabi ng iba mali na agad ako? Eh sa wala naman talaga ako nakitang mali sa sinabi nya dahil hindi ko na binibigyan ng kahulugan baket ba? And what do you expect me to do? give a public apology too? :lol:

Komedyante yan, hindi dapat lahat ng mga lumalabas sa bunganga nyan dapat seryosohin.
**** ****!
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

grayfox17 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:43 pm So what do you expect me to do? give a public apology too? :lol:

Komedyante yan, hindi dapat lahat ng mga lumalabas sa bunganga nyan dapat seryosohin.
This isnt about you lol. Why would i expect you to do anything?

You said something i disagreed with and i let my disagreement be known. It's not hard to have a civilized conversation.

I find the he's a 'comedian, he didn't mean it' argument stupid. He clearly meant what he said. It's like when pewdiepie said the n word and people defended him because he said it 'in the heat of the moment.' A plain stupid argument.

This is why ass hats like tito sotto or duterte feel they can say whatever they want. 'He didnt mean it, masyado kayo OA.'

Yeah right. :roll:
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Well, that's on them. Not really my problem.
**** ****!
ChardPurple
Double Dragon
Double Dragon
PSN ID: chard_newfag

grayfox17 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:43 pm So what do you expect me to do? give a public apology too? :lol:

This is really wrong on so many levels. Being a comedian doesn't excuse you from making wrong/stupid statements like that. They are a "figure", they will be followed. That's how our society here mainly works. Even if those comedians are a "joke", people will absorb their poisons just because it came from a celebrity. Look at how many people mostly children and edgy adolescents are mimicking Vice and his anti-intellectual style. If anything, they are the ones that should enlighten our deprived people. Good thing he apologized very fast, because what he said is wrong, joke or not.

Kudos to Maine, she handled the situation damn right.

Now Playing: Tekken 7, Gwent: Homecoming (PC), Detroit: Become Human (PS4), Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)

"Substance over style, quality over quantity, practicality over idealism."
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^ yeah, she was great here in this situation.

It's also convenient that joey de leon woukd dismiss mental health disorders when someone they sexually assaulted committed suicide because of what joey, vic sotto, richie d horsie, and tito sotto did to her.

Eff those bastards.
ChardPurple
Double Dragon
Double Dragon

ron_bato wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:22 pm ^ yeah, she was great here in this situation.

It's also convenient that joey de leon woukd dismiss mental health disorders when someone they sexually assaulted committed suicide because of what joey, vic sotto, richie d horsie, and tito sotto did to her.

Eff those bastards.
Yeah kelan ba mawawala yang mga cancer na yan sa local TV.
grayfox17 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:16 pm Well, that's on them. Not really my problem.
Apathy is dangerous my friend. Its the reason kung bakit may mga namamatay dito na nagiging statistic na lang right now.

Now Playing: Tekken 7, Gwent: Homecoming (PC), Detroit: Become Human (PS4), Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)

grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

ChardPurple wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:29 pm
grayfox17 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:16 pm Well, that's on them. Not really my problem.
Apathy is dangerous my friend. Its the reason kung bakit may mga namamatay dito na nagiging statistic na lang right now.
You can call it apathy but i just call it minding my own business and so far buhay pa naman ako. Although the same cant be said for celebs, they got a lot to lose for little mistakes with making a swipe on practically about everything.
**** ****!
charliedrama
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: charliedrama21

grayfox17 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:43 pm Porke ba hindi ako naki-sang ayon sa sinasabi ng iba mali na agad ako? Eh sa wala naman talaga ako nakitang mali sa sinabi nya dahil hindi ko na binibigyan ng kahulugan baket ba? And what do you expect me to do? give a public apology too? :lol:

Lol hindi na ako nagulat dito coming from a marcos apologist ba nagsabing wala namang ginawang masama at wala silang ninanakaw.

Personally ako may pamilya ako at mga kaibigan na may ganyang pinagdadaanan, wish ko lang pre ikaw or mga kakilala mo walang problema sa mental health pre
ADD ME UP! :)

grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

charliedrama wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:57 pm
grayfox17 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:43 pm Porke ba hindi ako naki-sang ayon sa sinasabi ng iba mali na agad ako? Eh sa wala naman talaga ako nakitang mali sa sinabi nya dahil hindi ko na binibigyan ng kahulugan baket ba? And what do you expect me to do? give a public apology too? :lol:

Lol hindi na ako nagulat dito coming from a marcos apologist ba nagsabing wala namang ginawang masama at wala silang ninanakaw.

Personally ako may pamilya ako at mga kaibigan na may ganyang pinagdadaanan, wish ko lang pre ikaw or mga kakilala mo walang problema sa mental health pre
ok. :win:
**** ****!
ChardPurple
Double Dragon
Double Dragon

grayfox17 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:32 pm
You can call it apathy but i just call it minding my own business and so far buhay pa naman ako. Although the same cant be said for celebs, they got a lot to lose for little mistakes with making a swipe on practically about everything.
You can call it whatever you want and my point still stands. Sana lang wag mong pagsisihan yang ganyang attitude if in case the unfortunate hits you or your loved ones. IDK about other people here pero ayokong lumaki yung magiging anak/pamangkin/any child relative ko if ever sa enviornment na tino-tolerate ang patayan, pinapagtawanan ang may mental condition or puro anti-intellectual #@*^ ang nakikita sa media.

grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

ChardPurple wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:28 pm
grayfox17 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:32 pm
You can call it whatever you want and my point still stands. Sana lang wag mong pagsisihan yang ganyang attitude if in case the unfortunate hits you or your loved ones. IDK about other people here pero ayokong lumaki yung magiging anak/pamangkin/any child relative ko if ever sa enviornment na tino-tolerate ang patayan, pinapagtawanan ang may mental condition or puro anti-intellectual #@*^ ang nakikita sa media.
Kanya kanyang paniniwala lang yan sa buhay. Lahat tayo nakakaranas at makakaranas pa ng kamalasan at some point and tibayan lang ng loob yan so we just have to deal with them in our own way. If you stand by your point then i stand by mine.
**** ****!
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I'm with you. Ayokong lumaki mga magiging anak ko sa mundo kung saan dinidismiss lang ng mga tao yung pinagdadaan nila at ng kapwa nilang tao dahil di sila educated enough para intindihin or mag malasakit sa mental health issues.

We have a lot of growing up to do as a country. This obsolete way of thinking where depression, and mental health issues can be just washed away by 'sucking it up' needs to go away. If we lived in a world where we empathized with people more, we'd be in a better place. Unfortunately, madami pa din sarado utak, or sadyang nag tatanga-tangahan lang.
charliedrama
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

grayfox17 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:37 pm

Kanya kanyang paniniwala lang yan sa buhay. Lahat tayo nakakaranas at makakaranas pa ng kamalasan at some point and tibayan lang ng loob yan so we just have to deal with them in our own way. If you stand by your point then i stand by mine.
Nyahahaha yan na lang masabi mo palibhasa barado ka na hahaha. Please come back at my point tutal dyan ka naman magaling di ba... lolzzzz
ADD ME UP! :)