Pinoy News Thread

Talk about things other than video games. What are your other hobbies? What's your favorite TV show? Are you into sports. Any recommended restaurants? Do you travel?
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

the making of an epal. o epal na?

parang bomb joke yung joke nung congressman. hindi dapat ginagawa.
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

Can anyone tell me why lowering the age of criminal responsibility to 13 years old is a good idea?
:bigmouth:
DarkRushBeat
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Meanwhile, a former PPS member who supports Duterturd is flooding my newsfeed on FB.....
Everybody wants Happiness, Nobody wants Pain...
But you can't have a Rainbow, without a little Rain....

Wrestling/Handheld Games/Horror/Zombie Films/Paranormal/Basketball Shoes/Body Building

Gameboy/Nintendo DS/PSP/Nintendo 3DS
FC: 1934-0903-9050
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

jsnepo wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:06 am Can anyone tell me why lowering the age of criminal responsibility to 13 years old is a good idea?
I know some people who frequent this site still and consider it a good idea to lower the criminal responsibility to 13 years old. I don't want to bring this to social media because people get so butt hurt there so I rather have this clarified to me here.

So why is it a good idea to lower the age of criminal responsibility to 13 years old?
ChardPurple
Double Dragon
Double Dragon
PSN ID: chard_newfag

jsnepo wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:38 pm
jsnepo wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:06 am Can anyone tell me why lowering the age of criminal responsibility to 13 years old is a good idea?
I know some people who frequent this site still and consider it a good idea to lower the criminal responsibility to 13 years old. I don't want to bring this to social media because people get so butt hurt there so I rather have this clarified to me here.

So why is it a good idea to lower the age of criminal responsibility to 13 years old?
I'm one of those people. My reason, because some 13-21 year old CAN have the mental capacity of an adult.

Now Playing: Tekken 7, Gwent: Homecoming (PC), Detroit: Become Human (PS4), Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)

"Substance over style, quality over quantity, practicality over idealism."
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

ChardPurple wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:46 pm
jsnepo wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:38 pm

I'm one of those people. My reason, because some 13-21 year old CAN have the mental capacity of an adult.
So is that an opinion or did you base it off a study?

We all know how the human body develops and adolescence is one big part of it. It's not just physical changes but mental too. Just lowering the age because some of the teens think as an adult is crazy to me. Besides what constitutes the mind of an adult anyway?

Another thing I'd like to point out is if we're lowering the age of criminal responsibility, I guess it's safe to assume you agree that voting age should also be lowered, age to get licenses should also be lowered, media censorship should also be lowered, heck even the age of getting jobs should also be lowered. SSS, Pagibig, age of consent... also child abuse is only until 12 years old.

Right?
ChardPurple
Double Dragon
Double Dragon

jsnepo wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:05 pm So is that an opinion or did you base it off a study?

We all know how the human body develops and adolescence is one big part of it. It's not just physical changes but mental too. Just lowering the age because some of the teens think as an adult is crazy to me. Besides what constitutes the mind of an adult anyway?

Another thing I'd like to point out is if we're lowering the age of criminal responsibility, I guess it's safe to assume you agree that voting age should also be lowered, age to get licenses should also be lowered, media censorship should also be lowered, heck even the age of getting jobs should also be lowered. SSS, Pagibig, age of consent... also child abuse is only until 12 years old.

Right?

An opinion and I'm willing to change my view.

Firstly, I don't like an arbitrary line on this. Its silly how a 17 year old is spared by the law while an 18 year old is suddenly not while you can easily say that their mental capacity is more or less the same. Cases should be evaluated by merit and 13 years of age seems a good starting point that the case might have a merit.

Secondly, there are few things that might say that the criminal has the mental capacity. The crime was premeditated, its done on a clear state of mind and if the criminal has the smarts/cunningness. Ofc its lawyers' job to prove or disprove these.

And lastly. Age limit is just a shortcut way of setting the standards. If we can theoretically examine the mental capacity of every living individual then I would agree to remove all those age restrictions on other things but ofc we can't. If someone was tried then we can have the luxury of examining the individual but we can't on people buying liquors/cigarettes, applicants for a license, who watch TV etc.

Also, I can't think of a reason why a teenie shouldn't be tried like an adult. Its like there's something detrimental about it that's perfectly reasonable to someone a few years older.

Now Playing: Tekken 7, Gwent: Homecoming (PC), Detroit: Become Human (PS4), Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)

NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

ChardPurple wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:39 am
jsnepo wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:05 pm So is that an opinion or did you base it off a study?

Right?

An opinion and I'm willing to change my view.

Firstly, I don't like an arbitrary line on this. Its silly how a 17 year old is spared by the law while an 18 year old is suddenly not while you can easily say that their mental capacity is more or less the same. Cases should be evaluated by merit and 13 years of age seems a good starting point that the case might have a merit.

Secondly, there are few things that might say that the criminal has the mental capacity. The crime was premeditated, its done on a clear state of mind and if the criminal has the smarts/cunningness. Ofc its lawyers' job to prove or disprove these.

And lastly. Age limit is just a shortcut way of setting the standards. If we can theoretically examine the mental capacity of every living individual then I would agree to remove all those age restrictions on other things but ofc we can't. If someone was tried then we can have the luxury of examining the individual but we can't on people buying liquors/cigarettes, applicants for a license, who watch TV etc.

Also, I can't think of a reason why a teenie shouldn't be tried like an adult. Its like there's something detrimental about it that's perfectly reasonable to someone a few years older.
Good points and I agree with regard to the arbitrary line. My problem is we show our dislike of this arbitrary age by introducing another. What's the difference between 12 and 13 and how is 13 years old a good starting point to have merit? Who said this?

It's not the lawyer's job to prove these. They're not experts with regard to it. Anything premeditated can also be done by children from cutting classes to taking candy from their classmates. Maybe we should ask child psychologists about this instead of lawyers.

I say I use your argument when it comes to not lowering the age of criminal liability since we can't theoretically examine the mental capacity of every living individual. If we consider these kids to have the mental capacity of an adult then again I will say we should remove these restrictions. If you say we can't, why not? It's a double standard if you ask me. You want to treat a teen as an adult yet you don't want to give him/her the luxuries of an adult. Should an adult be tried of child abuse if he had consensual sex with a 13 year old?

I can think of a reason. Adolescence. Everyone gone through it.

PS. I always consider this as an easy way out, to do something to deter instead of fixing the root cause of societal downfall. We put so much emphasis in getting rid of crime but not tackling the very reason why there is so much crime.
ChardPurple
Double Dragon
Double Dragon

jsnepo wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:41 pm Good points and I agree with regard to the arbitrary line. My problem is we show our dislike of this arbitrary age by introducing another. What's the difference between 12 and 13 and how is 13 years old a good starting point to have merit? Who said this?

It's not the lawyer's job to prove these. They're not experts with regard to it. Anything premeditated can also be done by children from cutting classes to taking candy from their classmates. Maybe we should ask child psychologists about this instead of lawyers.

I say I use your argument when it comes to not lowering the age of criminal liability since we can't theoretically examine the mental capacity of every living individual. If we consider these kids to have the mental capacity of an adult then again I will say we should remove these restrictions. If you say we can't, why not? It's a double standard if you ask me. You want to treat a teen as an adult yet you don't want to give him/her the luxuries of an adult. Should an adult be tried of child abuse if he had consensual sex with a 13 year old?

I can think of a reason. Adolescence. Everyone gone through it.

PS. I always consider this as an easy way out, to do something to deter instead of fixing the root cause of societal downfall. We put so much emphasis in getting rid of crime but not tackling the very reason why there is so much crime.
Really torn on the arbitrary line on this, some countries even get away with it but. The difference is that 18 doesn't have too much "leeway", lower age has. I don't like to use an appeal of authority but looking at this most countries have same or lower criminal responsibility. I admit this isn't a highly informed opinion hence I'm willing to change my view.

You may be right on child psychologists. And of course, a premeditated crime solely isn't enough to convict a teen. I do think criminal lawyers look at a variety of angles on a case.

I'll only treat a teen as an adult if he "passed" certain types of intelligence tests depending on the adult activity he/she wants to do. If he/she passed all of those, sure as hell I'll allow them to smoke, drink, have sex etc. This should be the same if a teen was tried for a criminal offense. Also I'm happy to remove those rights to overage people who fail those tests.

This part, I'd be happy to know how a trial will affect an adolescent's growing up phase.

Lastly. Same as RH Bill, this is somewhat a shortcut way of fixing things. Maybe the elephant in the room is sooo big and those who have the control won't interest them to fix our society? If we can only have knowledgeable and responsible parents/guardians then I might sway to the other fence.

DarkRushBeat
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^^Kups na kups yan Bro.....Yan yun nagsalita na pag di kilala si Bong Go, di bibigyan ng PRC license....
Everybody wants Happiness, Nobody wants Pain...
But you can't have a Rainbow, without a little Rain....

Wrestling/Handheld Games/Horror/Zombie Films/Paranormal/Basketball Shoes/Body Building

Gameboy/Nintendo DS/PSP/Nintendo 3DS
FC: 1934-0903-9050
yonsei55
Rapid Reload
Rapid Reload

o nga eh meron pa me nakitang iba...anyway diba dapat sa airport palang inaresto na yan?
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Snakemaru

Nagsorry naman daw yan si tongressman Bertiz. Intindihan na lang daw natin sya dahil nagkaroon lang daw siya ng annual period. toink
sorry not sorry.

Yun tungkol sa lowering the age of criminal liablility, ano ba ang parusa sa mga magulang ng mga menor na yan?
Para kasing walang kadala-dala dahil yun iba menor ay alam nila na makalaya lang din sila after mahuli. Papasok na ulit sa school on the next day then sa hapon pwede balik sa dating bawal na gawain.
Ang sagot naman ng mga magulang ay nasa labas daw sila at naghahanap-buhay dahil daw sa hirap ng buhay kaya hindi na nila matutukan ang mga anak nila.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Party-list congressman pa lang siya ganyan na. Yung joke niya sa PRC oath-taking parang bomb joke na rin. Kahit joke lang, sobrang nakakainis.

Wala na yatang pinapalong bata ngayon kaya maraming hindi disiplinado.
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

So Mocha finally resigned. Pero wala pa ata approval ni duterte kung dapat ba sya mag-resign kasi hindi pa rin daw nagpaparamdam si duterte since kahapon pa ata. Nasa "private time" daw si duterte according to roque. Private time during weekdays. Ito ba yun version niya ng noynoying?
Ang tsismis ay nagpunta daw sa Cardinal Santos Hospital si duterte pero hindi daw totoo yun sabi ni bong go.
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: OinkMcOink

Mataas inflation sa Pilipinas. highest inflation hike in asia daw. I was not surprised since nagdoble grocery budget ko since 2013.

https://ph.news.yahoo.com/pressure-dute ... nance.html

I know I might just be over reacting a wee bit much but I fear yung nangyari sa Venezuela na it's cheaper to use money than to use toilet paper.
Last edited by Oink McOink on Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

medyo nakakatakot kung umabot tayo sa venezuela level
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: OinkMcOink

I said 2005 but I meant 2013. In 5 years, nagdoble grocery budget ko.

Yeah, nakakatakot. Nung pinapanood ko Venezuela, What stuck in my mind eh mukha lang sila pinoy. It's scary. meron yung scene na parang sari sari store na walang laman.

I don't know much about what caused the inflation, I just hope it has nothing to do with the new money being printed.
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

it's a combination of factors, the peso to dollar exchange rate, the high oil price , the TRAIN law, it will get worse since not all of the taxes in the TRAIN law are implemented yet
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Ang hindi ko pa maintindihan ay yun mga DDS officemates ko na inaantay pa ang TRAIN 2.
OA lang daw ang ibang tao at tinitira palagi ang TRAIN 1.
Parang hindi sila affected ng inflation eh.