What 4K TV Do You Recommend?

Talk about things other than video games. What are your other hobbies? What's your favorite TV show? Are you into sports. Any recommended restaurants? Do you travel?
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

migs23 wrote:Ako I went with the sony xbr49x800d and I'm really satisfied with it, HDR10 supported with wide color gamut, pinagcompare ko sila ng samsung k7000 buti nalang magkatabi sila sa best buy and honestly wala ako nakitang difference hehehee
Sa US ks8000 yung ks7000 dito, medyo weird yung pag name ng models.

If closer to 40k yung 49w8000d dito okay na sana. So baka mag hintay na lang din ako!
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Well I just sold my TV, and I'm leaning towards option 3. :lol:

O tukso layuan mo ako :lol:
migs23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: migs23 and iamironman23

^Tuksuin kita, do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
PSN ID: iamironman23 and migs23-dad ko ang gumagamit
Nintendo Network ID: iamironman23
PS4 PRO 1tb
PS4 Arkham Knight Edition 2tb
Xbox One S 2tb
Nintendo Switch (Neon Blue/Red)
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

migs23 wrote:^Tuksuin kita, do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lolz. Balitaan ko kayo :lol:
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Snakemaru

^ Nabili na pala yun Samsung mo, pafs. isa pa naman yun sa mga options ko. anyway, bili na ng bago! :)
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^ sayang pafs, but id gladly help you with the research for your tv. good luck din!
VsAssassin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: VsAssassin

ron_bato wrote:After an extensive amount of research, I think (considering the size and budget that you are looking for) this is the best TV for you.

http://www.sony.com.ph/electronics/tele ... s#features

It's got 4k, HDR10 support (with wide color gamut). And the price is pretty good at around 31,000-32,000 depending on the seller. I'm looking to get one for myself once I am able to sell my 40 inch TV (and I'm all aboard the PS4 Pro train CHOOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Here's a review: http://4k.com/tv/sony-x800d-review-4k-h ... br43x800d/
Thank you, sir. Sorry, hindi ako nakabisita dito sa site at ngayon ko lang nabasa mga comments. I have decided na hintay muna ako mga March 2017, when CES usually happens. Jan sa month na yan din kasi nagkakaroon ng new tech when it comes to TVs. Naisip ko rin kasi na kokonti pa lang ang merong HDR enabled games sa PS4, so waiting will benefit me more. Plus, bababa ang mga presyo ng mid-2016 HDR TVs by then, so hintay na nga lang muna ako.

Additionally and In my case, wala akong balak bumili ng PS4 Pro unless may mangyari sa current console ko (which I pray to God na wala nga!). Ganda kasi ng LE ng MGSV na PS4 eh; di ako makaka-let go basta basta. Thing is, HDR lang naman habol ko as of the moment, and the current PS4s support it since the latest firmware update.
Lord, give me Your heart to have great compassion; Your eyes to see with my heart; Your ears to hear with my heart; Your voice so I can proclaim Your word with boldness!

ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^ a perfectly reasonable strategy that i can definitely recommend. It always pays to wait, especially early in the life cycle of new tech.

I wish i had your self control lol
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Well i pulled the trigger on the 43x800d. I was 40 percent ready to buy the 55ks7000, but decided to hold off until hdr tvs get fairly ahead in their life cycle (tha and i could buy a pro with the price difference lol). Maybe by the time ps5 releases lol.

edit:

After having it for around half a day now, I'm extremely pleased (especially at the price). I have not tried HDR content yet, so I can't comment on that for now.

Pros:
- Picture quality is amazing, with really good contrast and vibrant colors. Out of the box the TV was washed out, but after calibrating a bit to adjust to the ambient light and settings of my room - the PQ was much improved.
- 4K upscaling is excellent
- Smart TV OS/UI is intuitive and more importantly, very responsive
- Good black levels (although Samsung LED TVs are superior - they get deeper blacks than this set - but even this set does reasonably well)
- The TV handles motion very well, especially for movies - there's no judder (and for people who like the Soap Opera Effect, the tv has it)

Cons:
- poor viewing angles (not an issue for me as I tend to watch straight on )
- Because it's edge lit, there is some bleeding noticeable at an angle. But at normal use, the effect is non-existent, especially for dark/black scenes.
- I like the switching between apps better on my previous samsung TV. I don't know how they did it, but app switching was almost instantaneous.

Anyway, have not dug into it yet too much. But overall I'm very happy. I'm surprised that they got a TV to reach this price with excellent features and overall PQ.
migs23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

ron_bato wrote:Well i pulled the trigger on the 43x800d. I was 40 percent ready to buy the 55ks7000, but decided to hold off until hdr tvs get fairly ahead in their life cycle (tha and i could buy a pro with the price difference lol). Maybe by the time ps5 releases lol.

edit:

After having it for around half a day now, I'm extremely pleased (especially at the price). I have not tried HDR content yet, so I can't comment on that for now.

Pros:
- Picture quality is amazing, with really good contrast and vibrant colors. Out of the box the TV was washed out, but after calibrating a bit to adjust to the ambient light and settings of my room - the PQ was much improved.
- 4K upscaling is excellent
- Smart TV OS/UI is intuitive and more importantly, very responsive
- Good black levels (although Samsung LED TVs are superior - they get deeper blacks than this set - but even this set does reasonably well)
- The TV handles motion very well, especially for movies - there's no judder (and for people who like the Soap Opera Effect, the tv has it)

Cons:
- poor viewing angles (not an issue for me as I tend to watch straight on )
- Because it's edge lit, there is some bleeding noticeable at an angle. But at normal use, the effect is non-existent, especially for dark/black scenes.
- I like the switching between apps better on my previous samsung TV. I don't know how they did it, but app switching was almost instantaneous.

Anyway, have not dug into it yet too much. But overall I'm very happy. I'm surprised that they got a TV to reach this price with excellent features and overall PQ.
Good choice! :cheer: :cheer:
PS4 PRO 1tb
Xbox One S 2tb
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

migs23 wrote: Good choice! :cheer: :cheer:
Thanks paps! Really looking forward to seeing what the pro can do.

Im going to invest in a premium set probably in 4 years. For now, this will do especially since i live in a small place.

Ill probably go with an OLED set next, when it drops down to half of what these sets are going for these days.
Last edited by ron_bato on Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

I want to buy a 60 inch 4k curve tv for about $2500 to replace my 48" LED pero parang di pa sulit....hintay pa ng konti siguro what the next gen of tech tv offerings will come up....
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I downloaded some hdr10 demos off a demo website and all i can say: WOW.

The colors really pop in hdr. And this is comig from a non premium hdr certified tv. I think we are ways away from hdr and 4k being the norm, but the tech is really impressive.
migs23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^ I did the same when I got my tv lol
PS4 PRO 1tb
Xbox One S 2tb
VsAssassin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

ron_bato wrote:I downloaded some hdr10 demos off a demo website and all i can say: WOW.

The colors really pop in hdr. And this is comig from a non premium hdr certified tv. I think we are ways away from hdr and 4k being the norm, but the tech is really impressive.
Kamusta ang gaming? Gusto ko rin sana ng TV na mababa ang input lag while some graphical settings are turned on. Usually kasi, pag sa gaming, you need to switch to Game mode, so you can play without lag.
Lord, give me Your heart to have great compassion; Your eyes to see with my heart; Your ears to hear with my heart; Your voice so I can proclaim Your word with boldness!

ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

VsAssassin wrote:
ron_bato wrote:I downloaded some hdr10 demos off a demo website and all i can say: WOW.

Kamusta ang gaming? Gusto ko rin sana ng TV na mababa ang input lag while some graphical settings are turned on. Usually kasi, pag sa gaming, you need to switch to Game mode, so you can play without lag.
The neat feature of the tv is that it detects when one of your inputs is a console and it sets it to game mode. So pagka plug ko ng ps4 automatically pumunta sa game mode without loss of iq.

In terms of input lag, its very good. Played bf1, nba 2k17, and am able to execute my moves without delay. Really good set for gaming.
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

May nagbigay sa akin ng quotations for 4K TVs, a seller from OLX. Store located at Cash and Carry Mall.

43" LG 43uh6100 = 25,200
40" Samsung 40ku6000 = 24,000
40" TCL 40e5900 = 18,000
40" Hisense 40k322=16,500

Your thoughts/comments please.

Also, saan ba usually makakabili ng cheapest and reliable (yun hindi ka lolokohin) for 4K TVs?
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Sn@kemaru wrote:May nagbigay sa akin ng quotations for 4K TVs, a seller from OLX. Store located at Cash and Carry Mall.

43" LG 43uh6100 = 25,200
40" TCL 40e5900 = 18,000

Also, saan ba usually makakabili ng cheapest and reliable (yun hindi ka lolokohin) for 4K TVs?
I would go with the ku6000. Okay naman sa ansons or sights and sounds.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Here's some really good advice from ACG on going in on HDR 10 right now and HDR TVs in general (main message: WAIT!) -

But if you're like me and you can't - best to be very smart about it :lol: I am settling for a 'budget' option now, but for me, it doesn't make sense to go balls to the wall on a premium set right now as the standards will change and as it settles down. I basically got my budget 4k tv as an upgrade of around 10,000 pesos, so it's not bad, and it will last me maybe four years.
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

ron_bato wrote:
Sn@kemaru wrote:May nagbigay sa akin ng quotations for 4K TVs, a seller from OLX. Store located at Cash and Carry Mall.

43" LG 43uh6100 = 25,200
40" TCL 40e5900 = 18,000

I would go with the ku6000. Okay naman sa ansons or sights and sounds.
Thanks sa suggestion, pafs. Mukha naman ok ang specs ng Samsung 40ku6000. 4K and may HDR Premium daw sya (whatever that means). hehe
24K kasama na home delivery. Sa Makati pa daw yun Ansons at sa Fairview naman ako kaya ok na rin.
Pero suggestion ng seller/agent na bumisita ako sa store nila para daw ma-i-demo sa akin.

Sana matuloy ang deal namin ng buyer ko next, next Sunday para bilhin yun LG LCD TV ko. Napilitan na ako mag-baba pa ng presyo para maging pera at pandagdag sa pambili ng Samsung.