The Travel thread

Talk about things other than video games. What are your other hobbies? What's your favorite TV show? Are you into sports. Any recommended restaurants? Do you travel?
SirZap
Big Daddy
PSN ID: SirZapp

^^ sa akin depende. kung single ako or may asawa na hindi na pwedeng magka-anak baka mag-travel na lang.

pero kung may anak, siguro naman every year makag-travel pa rin naman .
Like · Comment · Share
You and 101 others like this.
DarkRushBeat
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Hirap dito sa Bangkok, wala pa rin masyado English-speaking na tao.....
Everybody wants Happiness, Nobody wants Pain...
But you can't have a Rainbow, without a little Rain....

Wrestling/Handheld Games/Horror/Zombie Films/Paranormal/Basketball Shoes/Body Building

Gameboy/Nintendo DS/PSP/Nintendo 3DS
FC: 1934-0903-9050
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

sign language ba muna paps?
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
flipsflops
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: flipsflops

Sakit sa ulo no.
白線の内側に下がってお待ちください
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: skp7_13

A great article about traveling by a Filipino travel blogger!

http://kennethsurat.com/7-things-young- ... the-world/
DarkRushBeat
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Daniel wrote:sign language ba muna paps?
Ha ha ha di naman paps, kaso bihira talaga unlike dito sa atin....Pero Thailand is like Pinas rin, kaso the roads are damn wide, we hardly experience traffic at all...Imagine nyo na lang, EDSA magkabilang sides, 6 lanes....

Wrestling/Handheld Games/Horror/Zombie Films/Paranormal/Basketball Shoes/Body Building

OnceAnAngeL
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: NovisNoah

DarkRushBeat wrote:
Daniel wrote:sign language ba muna paps?
Ha ha ha di naman paps, kaso bihira talaga unlike dito sa atin....Pero Thailand is like Pinas rin, kaso the roads are damn wide, we hardly experience traffic at all...Imagine nyo na lang, EDSA magkabilang sides, 6 lanes....
Kami lagi na ttraffic. :-| Pumupunta kami dun atleast twice a year specifically sa BKK and every single time na tttraffic kami. :sweat: TBF hindi naman siya kasing lala ng EDSA.

-------------------------
HongKong ako Jan. 1. :D 2013 pa yata huling punta ko dun kaya medyo excited ulit. :lol: Paniguradong Madam Tussauds nanaman sa Victoria Peak to. :lol:
Games- http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7423/9606 ... 67db_z.jpg - 8/28/2013
Fig Collections - http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7308/9609 ... c06a_o.jpg

PSN: NovisNoaH
3DS FC: 2363-5679-1542
Steam: Limpanot
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

nandun pa rin kaya si obama sa madam tussauds? haha
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
lovelymae88
PlayStation
PlayStation

Hello, baka makatulong itong blog na ito. http://cushtravel.com/
Dito ako nag babasa sa mga destinasyon na pinupuntahan namin. Sure ako na marami kayong matututunan dito. :D
joelagarano
Cosmic Race
Cosmic Race

DarkRushBeat wrote:Hirap dito sa Bangkok, wala pa rin masyado English-speaking na tao.....
Hi Bro! How was your Bangkok trip? I'll be going to Bangkok this Sunday, November 22, 2015. I would like to ask some recommendations and tips on how to get around the city and where to eat. Our hotel is in Pratunam. From the airport to pratunam is it advisable to take a Taxi? I'm a bit apprehensive about this option because I read some negative feedback regarding thai taxi drivers overcharging fees. I would greatly appreciate any reply bro, from one traveller to another. :)
DarkRushBeat
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

joelagarano wrote:Hi Bro! How was your Bangkok trip? I'll be going to Bangkok this Sunday, November 22, 2015. I would like to ask some recommendations and tips on how to get around the city and where to eat. Our hotel is in Pratunam. From the airport to pratunam is it advisable to take a Taxi? I'm a bit apprehensive about this option because I read some negative feedback regarding thai taxi drivers overcharging fees. I would greatly appreciate any reply bro, from one traveller to another. :)
Ok naman Bro, in fact i can't wait to return, madami pa ko hindi nalibot sa Bangkok...Hindi ko napuntahan yung Pirom One Plaza, a mall almost 90% dedicated to toys....Kinapos sa pocket money at oras...

Bangkok is a kind of city na kabilaan ang mga malls..Pagandahan ng malls...

The area you mentioned is known for clothes, madami ka mabibili na murang damit dyan..I suggest you visit

- Chatuchak Weekend Market....
- Siam Paragon (Para itong Hotel + Mall combined)

With your question about from the Airport to Pratunam, mas better if your hotel can provide shuttle for you..When we arrived & got off from Suvarnabhumi International Airport, bale 5 kami. 500 baht ang fixed price ng taxi sa amin..It's all worth it din sa amin kasi the driver also gave us a "mini" tour of the city. Sobrang dami ng flyovers sa Bangkok, you can hardly experience traffic.

If you want to get around the city & gusto mo maka menos, i suggest you try their BTS Sky Train system...Pinaka MRT nila...Well, may times na parang sardinas kayo sa loob, lalo na pag gabi at uwian na..Pero ang lalakas ng airconditioning system ng mga coaches nila..And their trains has monitors displaying which station na, so chances are, hindi mo marinig yung announcer, makikita mo naman sa display overhead ng mga trains...Mas mura pamasahe dito compared to taxis...And pwede ka pa mag inter connecting ride..2 klase kasi ang train service sa kanila..

You can also try their River Ferry/River Bus service..Kaso tourist season ngayon, so expect alots of tourists na makakasabay mo..10 up to 50 baht ang pamasahe depending on your destination.

Dining can open wide choices for you Bro...You will find alot of street vendors peddling their goods (as in para ka lang nasa Pinas). If you want to eat out sa mga branded fastfood outlets like KFC, McDo, etc, be prepared kasi karamihan does not know nor speak english...And after you're done with your meal, it's CLAYGO (clean as you go) system sa kanila...

During my stay i tried fried insects & to my surprise it was really good, lasang chicharon bulaklak..Marami din nagbebenta ng barbeques sa kalye...Its not that bad Bro..

I hope this helps you alot & the following links below can also do the trick...

http://wikitravel.org/en/Bangkok/Pratunam

http://www.bangkok.com/pratunam/

http://www.thaismile.jp/ThaiLanguage/e_ ... tings.html

Before i go, one important thing...Don't be scared of their culture...Totoong marami Trannys/Lady Boys sa kanila...Pero respetado sila dun as in parang totoong babae sila...You may often see crossdressers in the mall...Pero hindi naman sila nambabastos..

And always greet them their usual way (Swasdee or Sawadee)..

SirZap
Big Daddy
PSN ID: SirZapp

galing akong sagada. medyo biglaan yun lakad.
first time kong makita yung sunrise dun sa katilpan.
pero hindi pa rin ako naka-spelunking sa sumaging cave.
Like · Comment · Share
You and 101 others like this.
Psilocybin
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

been to Europe most of the time italy/france/spain/malta/turkey/norway/holland/russia (to name a few)

but one of the country's there that i really enjoyed staying at is Estonia and the Scandinavian nations..sa Estonia para kang asa langit kaliwa't kanan puro tsiks! :mrgreen:

sa Russia its quite difficult to commute since most of the people doesn't speak nor understand english kung meron man, maste-stressed ka sa pagintindi..
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Psilocybin wrote:been to Europe most of the time italy/france/spain/malta/turkey/norway/holland/russia (to name a few)

but one of the country's there that i really enjoyed staying at is Estonia and the Scandinavian nations..sa Estonia para kang asa langit kaliwa't kanan puro tsiks! :mrgreen:

sa Russia its quite difficult to commute since most of the people doesn't speak nor understand english kung meron man, maste-stressed ka sa pagintindi..
Ask ko lang paano ka nag travel sa Europe. Backpacking? Tight budget? Luxurious? or balanced? :)
Psilocybin
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

no, i stay there for work..and during free time saka ako nag gagagala :)
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Psilocybin wrote:no, i stay there for work..and during free time saka ako nag gagagala :)
Ayos! Hula ko...sa cruise ship ba work mo?
Psilocybin
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

skp_16 wrote:
Psilocybin wrote:no, i stay there for work..and during free time saka ako nag gagagala :)
Ayos! Hula ko...sa cruise ship ba work mo?
nope
OnceAnAngeL
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: NovisNoah

May naka try na sa Pattaya? Parang gusto ko itry kasama mga barkada.
Games- http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7423/9606 ... 67db_z.jpg - 8/28/2013
Fig Collections - http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7308/9609 ... c06a_o.jpg

PSN: NovisNoaH
3DS FC: 2363-5679-1542
Steam: Limpanot
DarkRushBeat
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

OnceAnAngeL wrote:May naka try na sa Pattaya? Parang gusto ko itry kasama mga barkada.
Ingats Chief, he he he....You know what i mean....

joelagarano
Cosmic Race
Cosmic Race

DarkRushBeat wrote:
joelagarano wrote:Hi Bro! How was your Bangkok trip? I'll be going to Bangkok this Sunday, November 22, 2015. I would like to ask some recommendations and tips on how to get around the city and where to eat. Our hotel is in Pratunam. From the airport to pratunam is it advisable to take a Taxi? I'm a bit apprehensive about this option because I read some negative feedback regarding thai taxi drivers overcharging fees. I would greatly appreciate any reply bro, from one traveller to another. :)
Ok naman Bro, in fact i can't wait to return, madami pa ko hindi nalibot sa Bangkok...Hindi ko napuntahan yung Pirom One Plaza, a mall almost 90% dedicated to toys....Kinapos sa pocket money at oras...

Bangkok is a kind of city na kabilaan ang mga malls..Pagandahan ng malls...

The area you mentioned is known for clothes, madami ka mabibili na murang damit dyan..I suggest you visit

- Chatuchak Weekend Market....
- Siam Paragon (Para itong Hotel + Mall combined)

With your question about from the Airport to Pratunam, mas better if your hotel can provide shuttle for you..When we arrived & got off from Suvarnabhumi International Airport, bale 5 kami. 500 baht ang fixed price ng taxi sa amin..It's all worth it din sa amin kasi the driver also gave us a "mini" tour of the city. Sobrang dami ng flyovers sa Bangkok, you can hardly experience traffic.

If you want to get around the city & gusto mo maka menos, i suggest you try their BTS Sky Train system...Pinaka MRT nila...Well, may times na parang sardinas kayo sa loob, lalo na pag gabi at uwian na..Pero ang lalakas ng airconditioning system ng mga coaches nila..And their trains has monitors displaying which station na, so chances are, hindi mo marinig yung announcer, makikita mo naman sa display overhead ng mga trains...Mas mura pamasahe dito compared to taxis...And pwede ka pa mag inter connecting ride..2 klase kasi ang train service sa kanila..

You can also try their River Ferry/River Bus service..Kaso tourist season ngayon, so expect alots of tourists na makakasabay mo..10 up to 50 baht ang pamasahe depending on your destination.

Dining can open wide choices for you Bro...You will find alot of street vendors peddling their goods (as in para ka lang nasa Pinas). If you want to eat out sa mga branded fastfood outlets like KFC, McDo, etc, be prepared kasi karamihan does not know nor speak english...And after you're done with your meal, it's CLAYGO (clean as you go) system sa kanila...

During my stay i tried fried insects & to my surprise it was really good, lasang chicharon bulaklak..Marami din nagbebenta ng barbeques sa kalye...Its not that bad Bro..

I hope this helps you alot & the following links below can also do the trick...

http://wikitravel.org/en/Bangkok/Pratunam

http://www.bangkok.com/pratunam/

http://www.thaismile.jp/ThaiLanguage/e_ ... tings.html

Before i go, one important thing...Don't be scared of their culture...Totoong marami Trannys/Lady Boys sa kanila...Pero respetado sila dun as in parang totoong babae sila...You may often see crossdressers in the mall...Pero hindi naman sila nambabastos..

And always greet them their usual way (Swasdee or Sawadee)..

Thanks for the tips bro. Bangkok was awesome. We also had a tour of Ayuthaya and temples in the city, particularly the reclining buddha and Golden Buddha. Panalo ang street foods sa bangkok! :D